Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Italian press questions Ferrari’s ‘political weight’

Italian press questions Ferrari’s ‘political weight’

The Italian press has reacted with anger after the thrilling Austrian GP.

While Mattia Binotto congratulated Max Verstappen on his win and accepted the stewards’ decision, he made clear Ferrari did not agree that the Red Bull driver should have escaped penalty for his overtaking move on Charles Leclerc.

It followed the Canadian GP, where Sebastian Vettel lost his victory after a controversial time penalty imposed after his battle with Lewis Hamilton.

“Attack against Ferrari,” La Gazzetta dello Sport said after the race at the Red Bull Ring.

“After Canada, Maranello is again disadvantaged by the stewards, and Formula 1 loses credibility.

“At the same time, concerns about Ferrari’s political weight after the death of Sergio Marchionne appear,” the influential sports daily noted.

Corriere della Sera agreed: “It is not easy to accept this decision by the stewards.

“Obviously, there are only rights for the drivers who attack, and no mercy for those who defend. Vettel in Canada; Leclerc in Austria.”

La Stampa added: “Ferrari loses again, first on the track and again in the stewards’ room.”

Jos Verstappen, Max’s father, said he can understand Charles Leclerc’s disappointment after 21-year-old Dutchman Verstappen was not penalised for their clash.

“But I think if Formula 1 had done something, everybody would walk away and not come back,” Jos told the Verstappens’ official website.

Corriere della Sera correspondent Giorgio Terruzzi said he suspects the FIA was influenced by the circumstances of Verstappen’s highly popular win.

“Perhaps there were too many Dutch fans around the paddock, or perhaps it was because it happened at a track owned by Red Bull. Or perhaps there is something mysterious going on between the FIA and Ferrari,” he said.

La Gazzetta’s Umberto Zapelloni agreed: “Max’s win was correct. But the rules can’t always and only punish Ferrari!”

Another Italian journalist, Andrea Cremonisi, said: “After the (Canada GP) review was rejected, as was the push to return to the 2018 tyres, it was the third blow for Ferrari in ten days.”

https://grandpx.news/italian-press-q...itical-weight/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I believe the article above does have some merit. Ferrari have lost their political clout and are at the mercy of the FIA. Ross Brawn seems to support Mercs more (given it was his team & all) as well as Jean Todt. This leads to another point which has been nagging me for quite some time:

- Was Jean Todt pushed out unceremoniously from Ferrari?
    - Brawn went gardening/fishing & had every chance to return back to Ferrari. He chose not to & went on to form Brawn GP which Mercedes took over a year later.

With both Brawn and Todt in power positions in the FIA, are they still disgruntled and are making Ferrari pay for whatever grudge they hold against us?

I believe there is definitely merit to the article. I have been saying this for awhile now that the powers-that-be are working to destroy Ferrari’s reputation. This way they can remove their veto, and their bonus payment.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ferrari should just pull out of F1 and go into some other series, then F1 will die in a hurry....cause F1 cannot survive without Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ferrari should just pull out of F1 and go into some other series, then F1 will die in a hurry....cause F1 cannot survive without Ferrari
    It's detrimental to both parties. Ferrari generates $2bn in sponsorship money in the past 10 years. Its a big hit if Ferrari decide to pull out of F1

Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2.../#3f6bc87bca31

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    FWIW, I've been saying for a while that Ferrari and Mercedes should bin F1 and make sports car racing (Le Mans etc../ endurance and sprint events..) truly great again..

Costs could be capped at a lower level than current F1 and if other manufactures could be persuaded to join up, it could be outstanding for the manufacturers/ entrants, sponsors and fans.
    Trying to be less angry..

The last time Ferrari had political power was when Todt was there. Domenicali and the last years of Montezemolo equals to zero political power. It's nothing new.

I remember when Ferrari were threatening to pull out of F1 with the major manufacturers and create a rival championship, Grand Prix World Championship I think it was called.

Something similar happened in the US, when IndyCar split, with the rival championsip called CART.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I believe the article above does have some merit. Ferrari have lost their political clout and are at the mercy of the FIA. Ross Brawn seems to support Mercs more (given it was his team & all) as well as Jean Todt. This leads to another point which has been nagging me for quite some time:

- Was Jean Todt pushed out unceremoniously from Ferrari?
    - Brawn went gardening/fishing & had every chance to return back to Ferrari. He chose not to & went on to form Brawn GP which Mercedes took over a year later.

With both Brawn and Todt in power positions in the FIA, are they still disgruntled and are making Ferrari pay for whatever grudge they hold against us?
    The midjet legend, and Brawn worked for Schumy not Ferrari. Schumy's choice was to retire with Merc. He cursed Ferrari with getting Seb in the #1 seat. For new comers and old , it's former retired Merc, F-1s German legend
    Michael Schumacher, one of the greatest drivers ever! Now there's there's Merc's Lewis on top. I'msure Brawn and the midjet are happy !

The only gardening leave Brawn went on was feeding mercedes Ferrari information and was in bed with the fia plotting the rule changes for quite some time until Brawn and mercedes were satisfied that there advantage would be substantial Brawn is to heavily involved with mercedes.As for Napoleon John Todd he was only a fan in the Schumacher era like Brawn then he turned positioning himself where he like Brawn can be a huge rd block for Ferrari.Ferrari are out of favours and influence we need to win on the track cleanly that's the only way.Failing that quite the sport and bring all of f1 crashing into pieces.I love the 2nd option crash the sport.

And so it begins:

Ferrari’s “outdated” veto should be abolished – Seidl

In the round-up: McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl says Ferrari should lose their controversial power of veto over changes to the F1 rules.

"We have a clear opinion on that as well. I don’t think we need any other team to represent us in any forums. I think it’s simply outdated and we hope that this doesn’t exist anymore from ’21 onwards."

Link: https://www.racefans.net/2019/07/03/...nd-up-03-07-2/

Saidl should focus on the macnothings and keep his beek out of what really has little to do with him.Saidl have a nice cup of tea and have a lay down you will feel much better you fool.

When was the last time Ferrari used their veto?

Ferrari last used it in 2015. Here is the link: https://www.racefans.net/2015/10/26/...price-cut-fia/

And so it begins:

In the round-up: McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl says Ferrari should lose their controversial power of veto over changes to the F1 rules.

"We have a clear opinion on that as well. I don’t think we need any other team to represent us in any forums. I think it’s simply outdated and we hope that this doesn’t exist anymore from ’21 onwards."

Told you all, its coming. Wait for the bonus payment discussions to start. "You haven't won in over 10 years, why do you deserve more than the others?". Its going to be Ferrari against everyone else come the 2021 Regulations/Commercial Agreements. Luckily Sergio was smart enough to bring back Alfa Romeo and have ties to Haas, otherwise we would be all alone on the island.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Told you all, its coming. Wait for the bonus payment discussions to start. "You haven't won in over 10 years, why do you deserve more than the others?". Its going to be Ferrari against everyone else come the 2021 Regulations/Commercial Agreements. Luckily Sergio was smart enough to bring back Alfa Romeo and have ties to Haas, otherwise we would be all alone on the island.
    Yep, something is definitely up here. No doubt Ferrari are aware of it too, hopefully they are preparing. If so much of the Italian media is calling it, they've probably been speaking to people in the Team as well and hearing their opinions.

If Ferrari leave, F1 is finished.

As I mentioned, they have threatened to create a rival championship, and wherever Ferrari goes the vast majority of fans will go

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Yep, something is definitely up here. No doubt Ferrari are aware of it too, hopefully they are preparing. If so much of the Italian media is calling it, they've probably been speaking to people in the Team as well and hearing their opinions.

If Ferrari leave, F1 is finished.

As I mentioned, they have threatened to create a rival championship, and wherever Ferrari goes the vast majority of fans will go
    I don't think Ferrari wants to leave nor wants the task of creating and running a rival series. Maybe with help from Bernie they would, who knows. I just believe they have a huge battle ahead of them - things are going to get ugly.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I don't think Ferrari wants to leave nor wants the task of creating and running a rival series. Maybe with help from Bernie they would, who knows. I just believe they have a huge battle ahead of them - things are going to get ugly.
    Though it seems that's the only thing the F1 leadership understands: threat of Ferrari leaving the sport and their series collapsing.

In the late 1980's, Ferrari even designed and produced an Indycar in their threat to leave.

And so it begins:

He needs to look at his own a** before smelling others.

Ferrari should just pull out of F1

Basically, because of the outcry after Canada, Verstappen was not penalized to avoid upsetting F1 fans... instead it was deemed ok to screw Ferrari over twice.... lol....

This sport is flawed... but it's nothing new...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Basically, because of the outcry after Canada, Verstappen was not penalized to avoid upsetting F1 fans... instead it was deemed ok to screw Ferrari over twice.... lol....

This sport is flawed... but it's nothing new...
    But how did Max manage to get up into 2nd. place in his Honda? If not on his driving great , the last 3 laps would not have happened. If Seb was up front with Charles; he could have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    But how did Max manage to get up into 2nd. place in his Honda? If not on his driving great , the last 3 laps would not have happened. If Seb was up front with Charles; he could have helped.
    In the end, I'm not qualified to say what's right and what's wrong anyway... I'm just frustrated with 2019 after the 2018 the team had...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    In the end, I'm not qualified to say what's right and what's wrong anyway... I'm just frustrated with 2019 after the 2018 the team had...
    Agreed! I too am frustrated. But.... Where there's Charles there's hope !! I hope!!

Ferrari should seriously consider after there contractual obligations with the owners of f1 etc of pulling out of the current f1 format lets face it we have had 2 races which had some exitment and both happened in the dying stages and both were incidents.seriously f1 is up the creek with out a paddle and it's going to get worse it's just a super expensive over complicated over managed rort. Ferrari should start a new f1 format just like the good old days refuelling pit stops tyre choices and brands etc that's what the fans want and not this over policed joke break away I say.

At least the tire choices and brands could and should happen for sure. It' seems to be the most talked about problem every race.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari should seriously consider after there contractual obligations with the owners of f1 etc of pulling out of the current f1 format lets face it we have had 2 races which had some exitment and both happened in the dying stages and both were incidents.seriously f1 is up the creek with out a paddle and it's going to get worse it's just a super expensive over complicated over managed rort. Ferrari should start a new f1 format just like the good old days refuelling pit stops tyre choices and brands etc that's what the fans want and not this over policed joke break away I say.
    I'll agree with that. Simple engines, simple tires, simple fuel. Let's go racing.

And far away as possible from Ross Brawn and John Todd.Those two are the puppeteers of this current to debacle.

Finally, now i love Ferrari with all my heart but i don't think any team what so ever should have more political power then the others, look at Mercedes for example, they can't do no wrong according to the FIA. Why? Because they have gained political favour with the FIA