Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Italian press questions Ferrari’s ‘political weight’

Quote Originally Posted by Havanna89 View Post
    Finally, now i love Ferrari with all my heart but i don't think any team what so ever should have more political power then the others, look at Mercedes for example, they can't do no wrong according to the FIA. Why? Because they have gained political favour with the FIA
    If that is the case, the question is why?

What does Mercedes offer F1 that they find so appealing? F1 has seen a drop in viewers year on year since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    But how did Max manage to get up into 2nd. place in his Honda? If not on his driving great , the last 3 laps would not have happened. If Seb was up front with Charles; he could have helped.
    then how come seb pit stop was so long? Charles pit stop isn't??

as per your conspiracy theory, This time Ferrari dumped vettel?

Why Charles isn't able to overtake bottas in the last GP? When vettel was fighting with ham in Canada, where Is Charles?

above statements are relatively comparing to ur posts only.

In my opinion, we have both strong drivers who can capable of challenging at the top. If provided a consistent strong car, WCC is for sure. WDC is up for a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

In my opinion, we have both strong drivers who can capable of challenging at the top. If provided a consistent strong car, WCC is for sure. WDC is up for a toss.
    Love these sentiments nani just hope at least one of them comes true.

Forza Jules

Ferrari already gave Vettel a-consistent strong car last year, and in the end Hamilton won the WDC with an 88 points lead, more than 3 race wins.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari already gave Vettel a-consistent strong car last year, and in the end Hamilton won the WDC with an 88 points lead, more than 3 race wins.
    Imo Ferrari had the strongest during the first half of the season but Mercedes caught up during the second half. That said, I think the championship got lost in the gravel at Hockenheim.... for me it was the turning point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Imo Ferrari had the strongest during the first half of the season but Mercedes caught up during the second half. That said, I think the championship got lost in the gravel at Hockenheim.... for me it was the turning point.
    Hockenheim certainly was the turning point.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Sadly yes

Forza Jules

Hopefully the next race is the new turning point for Seb and Charles, a 1,2 will do. Last race has nothing to do with R Bull winning again. Last race has nothing to do with Ferrari losing another race. I'm sure Merc , Lewis feels the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Plus Baku, blocking Sainz in Austria and getting penalty, France, Italy, Japan, USA etc...

Guy is never going to win another championship. Ferrari must back Leclerc as the defacto no.1 driver from next year, and the 40 mil they're paying Vettel should be spent on to other things, e.g Wind Tunnel correlation.

If doesn’t have that skill of being strongest as a racer, how did he won 4WDCs???

Yes he’s done mistakes, yes it was strongest car. But ferrari lost during 2nd half even to RB.
    To be clear ferrari was 3rd fastest car in that 2nd half.

Plus Baku, blocking Sainz in Austria and getting penalty, France, Italy, Japan, USA etc...

Guy is never going to win another championship. Ferrari must back Leclerc as the defacto no.1 driver from next year, and the 40 mil they're paying Vettel should be spent on to other things, e.g Wind Tunnel correlation.
    How much is Leclerc getiing paid?

How much is Leclerc getiing paid?
    3.500,000 dollars I think.

Forza Jules

40M sure is a heap of money for a driver who failed to deliver a title.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    3.500,000 dollars I think.
    Yes, and Max gets the same. So for around 7 million Ferrari would be doing just great with Max and Charles, with a healthy few million to spare. Seb is at 45 million. And !!! Lewis is at 57 million ! I wonder if he tips good?

When max comes to ferrari or mercs ... will be the same pay ...?? Com’n get some brains...!!
    Wt was vet’s pay I’n RB?? Wt was ham pay in McLaren before mercs ??
    Wt was Alonso pay when IN Renault ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    40M sure is a heap of money for a driver who failed to deliver a title.
    Ferrari failed to deliver a car. Even without his mistake in Germany last year, Merc’s post summer development was far better than Ferrari. As stated before, even RBR improved more.

I am no Vettel fan boy by any stretch of the imagination, but the last decade is Ferrari’s failure, not the drivers’.

Very true the driver talent has always been presant over the past 10 years but unfortunately the car has not put simply maranallo has been sleeping always thinking that they have done enough.This is specifically there f1 division and not there rd cars.The Ferrari rd cars are in a league of there own just like Merc currently in f1. I believe that Ferrari are now realising after all this sleep that it's finally time to awaken it's been a huge nap.

Ferrari had a great car in 2018, wins for both Vettel and Kimi.
    In the mighty Merc, Bottas was winless and could only manage 5th in WDC.

Ferrari had a great car in 2018, wins for both Vettel and Kimi.
    In the mighty Merc, Bottas was winless and could only manage 5th in WDC.
    Bottas was their win less Rubens in 2018, he drove for the team and Lewis. He was happy just to be with Merc. Remember for who he was driving ! 2019 he was allowed to drive and the true Bottas came out. Not equal to Lewis , but he did show he's alive and well!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas was their win less Rubens in 2018, he drove for the team and Lewis. He was happy just to be with Merc. Remember for who he was driving ! 2019 he was allowed to drive and the true Bottas came out. Not equal to Lewis , but he did show he's alive and well!
    when Ferrari dominated in 2002 and 2004, Rubens was there winning races, 4 in 2002 and 2 in 2004. Again Bottas in the mighty Merc, winless last year.

I tend to believe Alonso would've taken 2017 and 2018 to the final round - but the FIA probably wouldn't have let him win it. Vettel is too error-prone even though he's fast. Having said that, this year the anti-Ferrari bias has ticked up to ludicrous levels - they're not even subtle anymore, like for example in Hungary last year where they penalised Bottas for another collision.

Another was getting Vettel -5 in the US while Hamilton walked from his dangerous driving in Brazil. It's so ludicous even people I know who've called me ridiculous before now admit that the FIA are going out of their way not to allow Ferrari to win. Had our car been 0.2 seconds faster/lap in those two scandal races this season it wouldn't have mattered because we'd been too far ahead, but now it does. It boggles me that no journalist never seems to investigate what financial contributions Mercedes make to say "road safety initiatives" at the FIA and what corporate links there are, because there sure seems to be an agenda and it sure never fails.

This also goes way back, to when in Monaco and Germany 2012 both Red Bulls failed scrutineering after qualifying and were not even forced to start from the back, let alone thrown out of the individual weekend - but allowed to start on their original grid slots with the illegal parts intact Doing the math it's quite easy to assume that cost Alonso the title for sure.

As for Bottas not winning last year, he had one stolen from him by Toto and besides that, he often struggled to have the measure of a past-it Massa at Williams, which sort of says it all about him. He's even more sensitive to weather conditions, the car being 100 % perfect and his team-mate having a bad day than Felipe used to be for us. He's a useless yardstick and operating at a lower level than Barrichello used to do for us in his prime.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 7th July 2019 at 10:09. Reason: removed one bit I had misremembered

Seb got 3 place penalty in Austria last year though
    Forza Ferrari

Ok, nevermind. It did cost him the win for sure regardless. Hamilton got to keep his pole in Britain in 2017 though, that was some outrageous blocking and it sure swung 14 points his direction because of that ludicrous and biased call. Also, I do not believe for one second that the Singapore 2017 start would've been allowed under those dangerous track conditions without any prior wet running on the track under the lights had Hamilton sat on pole. There would've been a ten-lap safety car as usual. Just no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

As for Bottas not winning last year, he had one stolen from him by Toto and besides that, he often struggled to have the measure of a past-it Massa at Williams, which sort of says it all about him. He's even more sensitive to weather conditions, the car being 100 % perfect and his team-mate having a bad day than Felipe used to be for us. He's a useless yardstick and operating at a lower level than Barrichello used to do for us in his prime.
    Interesting. Bottas had 4 poles and 3 wins in 2017, not too bad really.

Interesting. Bottas had 4 poles and 3 wins in 2017, not too bad really.
    It's because of Hamilton is way more fragile than the first-career Schumacher ever was. His performances are extremely volatile and up for grabs whenever things don't work his way. I don't recall a single MS performance at Ferrari* resembling Hamilton's shock and horror performances in Monaco 2017, how he's driven in Mexico lately and then Austria last time round. Michael just did his job every week and didn't offer those opportunities. You just didn't see him drop back 20 seconds and start bashing the team over on the radio. Quite simply a superior Sunday driver to Hamilton in all departments. Both Vettel and Hamilton pale into complete insignificance when compared to what Schumacher did, for example with the 1997 car and his legendary Imola 2005 race day performance from 14th on the grid where he in a car that didn't work so well, put himself right on Alonso's tail on a track where overtaking was virtually impossible. Both Hamilton and Vettel are completely dependent on dominant cars to deliver the goods. Swap their seats for 2017 and 2018 and Vettel would've won the title for Mercedes for sure.

* We all know why 2005 happened and it wasn't Michael, it was the tyres. It was like a midfield car because of that.

Monaco 2006 was pretty shocking.

Well, he finished 5th on Sunday from the back afterwards, so he compensated for it as good as he possibly could. Besides, I think that penalty was way overdone to prove a point. Intent is super-hard to prove even though we all knew what he did, so back of the grid was outrageous. DQ from Q3 would've been a lot more reasonable, but a strong reprimand and swapping grid positions with Alonso would've been the right call since no-one else would've beaten his time anyway so it was just grandstanding to appease the British teams. For people saying the FIA was in Ferrari's pocket back then, it proves that's complete nonsense.

I'll always defend Michael to the death, he's the best we've had and he's earned it. Monaco was a bit dirty, but nothing like the media has made it out to be. He didn't even put someone in harms way there, he just tried a trick that didn't work. Some bad things sometimes happen and life goes on. If people have a different opinion about Rascasse that's fine, but in my opinion the general F1 media narrative is dominated by a certain country's media and it definitely does Ferrari no favours when incidents do happen.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 7th July 2019 at 10:45.

When max comes to ferrari or mercs ... will be the same pay ...?? Com’n get some brains...!!
    Wt was vet’s pay I’n RB?? Wt was ham pay in McLaren before mercs ??
    Wt was Alonso pay when IN Renault ???
    No reply for this post ... from the member who always talks abt seb’s pay

If doesn’t have that skill of being strongest as a racer, how did he won 4WDCs???
    Strange isn't. I mean look at Hamilton, only 1 WDC to his name before 2014, and now all of a sudden he's a 5 time WDC!? Is it because he never had the skill, or because he always had the skill but never had the car?

Yes he’s done mistakes, yes it was strongest car. But ferrari lost during 2nd half even to RB. To be clear ferrari was 3rd fastest car in that 2nd half.
    "he's done mistakes", hmm...not a correct away way to describe Vettel's 2018. "He's done mistakes after mistakes", that'd be more accurate.

Point's earned by teams during 2nd of 2018:

Mercedes 310 (Hamilton 195+Bottas 115)

Ferrari 236 (Vettel 131+Raikkonen 105), Raikkonen had 2 DNF

Red Bull 196 (Max 144+ Ricciardo 52), Ricciardo had 4 DNF

So, NO, Ferrari wasn't the 3rd fastest car. Hamilton scored 195 points in the last 9 races of 2018, not because his car was 1-second/lap faster than the others. But because he drove like a 5 time WDC and didn't give away points by making silly mistakes.

That annoying man Brawn he warns Ferrari and red bull of mercedes resurgence seriously Ross it's called you are to aligned with mercedes you should be as far away from the sport as possible.Permanent gardening leave you know way to much for my liking.