Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 109

Thread: Seb to retire - Ricciardo to Ferrari?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    43

    File

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    If he leaves then we wont win any cups. He's been carrying us for 4 years and took us closer to the cup than anyone else would have done. He helped us recover after the state Alonso left the team in.

    If he does leave then I wish him the best. He's a beautiful man and an inspiration to all, but I will miss him so much and so will our team.
    For 4 years the most significant thing he's done (results wise) is revive Kimi's career, after Alonso all but ended it. Check Alonso's Q & race & points results vs Kimi at Ferrari, then compare them to Seb vs Kimi at Ferrari. After doing that you should realize that Seb is not as special as his 4 gifted WDC's (ala Ham's current reign) would have you beleive.

    Honest question, and you'd likely know the answer: does Seb work out? Looking at his upper body, I have my doubts.

    Should Seb retire early, I guess Max would be the best choice for Ferrari's long term future. He's already better than Seb and will only get better. If you watch his last race closely you'll see how "crafty" he already is - i.e. the lap prior to his pass for the lead, he took the same corner on the inside but braking a bit earlier than he needed to, making CL think that he couldn't get the pass done on the inside. Hence, CL takes the same line on the next lap expecting the same result, while Max already knew he could go deeper before braking and push CL wide. Don't get me wrong, I love CL and it would not surprise me at all if one day I rate him higher than Max (I already rate him higher than Seb).

    Other options? I'd love to see a Seb for DR swap between Ferrari and Renault. Dan would bring good energy to the team and help Ferrari media wise... and steward/FIA wise. It'd also be fun to see Seb vs the Hulk, but of course this isn't likely to happen.

    Hamilton? Although I admit he's finally matured a bit over the past 2 or 3 years. He's making fewer stupid mistakes and seems to have found a nicer (more honest) personality. But NO WAY. IMO, Hamilton shouldn't even be allowed to own a Ferrari road car! Thing is, Hamilton was a McLaren project from 11 yrs old. Top shelf support to the point that, despite having great talent, he still knows less than most of us on this forum about how an F1 car actually functions. I couldn't handle hearing him continue to make so many stupid radio calls to the team, like: "I don't think my DRS is working" - "my tires seem shot and I think I have to pit", etc. etc... only to be told: "No Lewis, you actually set the fastest MPH through the speed trap last lap" - "No Lewis, we think these tyres should be good for another 32 laps". PLEASE, no ham in a Ferrari, ever.

    So if Vet decides to go early, or even after the 2020 season, I'd say Max is who Ferrari should try to get. If they can't get him, a rested Alonso chomping at the bit for one more WDC would be my second choice. Regardless though, I feel great about CL and his ability to become Ferrari's #1 driver, in fact I kind of see him as that right now.

    I actually like Seb's personality, but sadly when history is written I doubt he'll even be ranked above Nelson Piquet.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    1,856
    If Vettel did leave early and it was down to a choice (for some reason) between Hamilton and Alonso, whom do we like?


  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    938
    Charles is the future Lewis and co will be the past.Except for max I can see him and Charles having many many battles and of course Charles will rein supreme.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Charles is the future Lewis and co will be the past.Except for max I can see him and Charles having many many battles and of course Charles will rein supreme.
    Charles is the most simple & matured driver than Mad max. Charles knows when to attack & defend. He has that patience which gives edge over Max who is more aggressive & doesn’t back makes moves which either will be stunning or destruction. Charles is not that way
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    If Vettel did leave early and it was down to a choice (for some reason) between Hamilton and Alonso, whom do we like?


    If we want to compare Ham vs Alonso. This debate was coming from long time.
    For me it’s alonso, others have their opinion.
    Everyone show political agenda in their team, in Alonso’s case it was open where as Ham’s case it’s hidden that’s the only difference
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by F-e-r-r-nando View Post
    For 4 years the most significant thing he's done (results wise) is revive Kimi's career, after Alonso all but ended it. Check Alonso's Q & race & points results vs Kimi at Ferrari, then compare them to Seb vs Kimi at Ferrari. After doing that you should realize that Seb is not as special as his 4 gifted WDC's (ala Ham's current reign) would have you beleive.

    Honest question, and you'd likely know the answer: does Seb work out? Looking at his upper body, I have my doubts.

    Should Seb retire early, I guess Max would be the best choice for Ferrari's long term future. He's already better than Seb and will only get better. If you watch his last race closely you'll see how "crafty" he already is - i.e. the lap prior to his pass for the lead, he took the same corner on the inside but braking a bit earlier than he needed to, making CL think that he couldn't get the pass done on the inside. Hence, CL takes the same line on the next lap expecting the same result, while Max already knew he could go deeper before braking and push CL wide. Don't get me wrong, I love CL and it would not surprise me at all if one day I rate him higher than Max (I already rate him higher than Seb).

    Other options? I'd love to see a Seb for DR swap between Ferrari and Renault. Dan would bring good energy to the team and help Ferrari media wise... and steward/FIA wise. It'd also be fun to see Seb vs the Hulk, but of course this isn't likely to happen.

    Hamilton? Although I admit he's finally matured a bit over the past 2 or 3 years. He's making fewer stupid mistakes and seems to have found a nicer (more honest) personality. But NO WAY. IMO, Hamilton shouldn't even be allowed to own a Ferrari road car! Thing is, Hamilton was a McLaren project from 11 yrs old. Top shelf support to the point that, despite having great talent, he still knows less than most of us on this forum about how an F1 car actually functions. I couldn't handle hearing him continue to make so many stupid radio calls to the team, like: "I don't think my DRS is working" - "my tires seem shot and I think I have to pit", etc. etc... only to be told: "No Lewis, you actually set the fastest MPH through the speed trap last lap" - "No Lewis, we think these tyres should be good for another 32 laps". PLEASE, no ham in a Ferrari, ever.

    So if Vet decides to go early, or even after the 2020 season, I'd say Max is who Ferrari should try to get. If they can't get him, a rested Alonso chomping at the bit for one more WDC would be my second choice. Regardless though, I feel great about CL and his ability to become Ferrari's #1 driver, in fact I kind of see him as that right now.

    I actually like Seb's personality, but sadly when history is written I doubt he'll even be ranked above Nelson Piquet.
    If you seriously believe that Lewis knows less/nothing about how the car functions compared to the people here on the forum that really shows how backward you are, really. I seriously can't understand why people like you have such hate for him while other driver has down far worse. Lewis in out team will make us champion hands down, he doesn't need No1 status like Vettel, Alonso and Schumacher for example..

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    If Vettel did leave early and it was down to a choice (for some reason) between Hamilton and Alonso, whom do we like?

    Hamilton.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    10,105
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    If Vettel did leave early and it was down to a choice (for some reason) between Hamilton and Alonso, whom do we like?

    Alonso
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,747
    I'd like to see Hamilton back at McLaren.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,341
    If it was to be Alonso, Ferrari would get Flavio , his manager for life. Ferrari would be in far better shape with Flavio

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    10,105
    Appeal of 2021 F1 rules important to Vettel stay or leave decision

    Sebastian Vettel says the appeal of Formula 1's planned 2021 rules will play an important part in whether he continues racing or walks away from the championship.

    The four-time world champion criticised the state of F1 when he lost victory in the Canadian Grand Prix because of a five-second time penalty.

    Vettel has expressed dissatisfaction that "lawyer"-speak has become part of modern F1 with the way drivers report incidents to officials, and believes a flawed and bloated rulebook is to blame.

    Drivers have been given a formal role to play in the finalisation of F1's regulations for 2021, which will feature a raft of major changes.

    Asked by Autosport if the 2021 rules were important for deciding whether he would still be in F1, Vettel said: "Of course. Yes.

    "I still need to look at in a way that I say the cars are exciting, the formula is exciting.

    "Time is ticking obviously. It's good we've been asked. We gave our opinion and we will give our opinion again.

    "Hopefully we find the sport taking the right turns to grow, to allow us to race, to allow us to challenge ourselves and explore our skills."

    Vettel made his F1 debut in 2007 and is contracted to Ferrari until the end of 2020.

    His career has included four world titles from 2010-13, all with Red Bull, 52 victories and records such as the youngest poleman and youngest champion in F1 history.

    However, he has not been able to replicate his Red Bull success at Ferrari, and the last two seasons have featured several high-profile mistakes.

    Despite those setbacks, and some speculation linking him to a Red Bull return in the future, Vettel has insisted he is happy at Ferrari and wants to continue at the famous Italian team.

    Given he would only be 33 at the start of the 2021 season, any decision to retire would likely be down to personal preference.

    Asked where the current cars rank in terms of driver satisfaction, Vettel said: "At high-speed they are top of the class. Low-speed... I wouldn't say bottom of the class! But they are just too heavy.

    "It's something I don't like. I think a Formula 1 car that I got to know first was very exciting throughout the speed ranges.

    "And the race turned out to be a sprint race, which was great because you could push yourself and the car and the tyres every lap.

    "That has changed a bit. We are managing some races more, some races less.

    "Some management will always be here and rightly so. You need to also use your head, not just your feet and hands.

    "But still the one rewarded most should be the fastest guy."

    Vettel's main rival in recent seasons, five-time world champion Lewis Hamilton, has also indicated before that the 2021 overhaul will be a key part in deciding whether he keeps racing.

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...leave-decision
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    334
    Vettel will be here in 2020 regardless, but of course Alonso rather than Hammy - the latter is the most overrated driver in F1 history and an outright pr*ck, who's been in our most despised teams his entire career. It's like taking Wayne Rooney to Liverpool, seriously. No frigging way. There's a very strong likelihood I'd only support Charles and hope for Hammy to fail in that scenario, because I can't stand him, not even close and it gets worse by the year. I can't pretend these last few years and the FIA stuff didn't happen.

    Alonso on the other hand is the second best driver we've had since 80's - he's a reliable machine rarely making mistakes and always on top of things, speaks Italian and has plenty of know-how.

    Hopefully though, it's Leclerc/Verstappen for 2021 anyway. Max still has time to mature, something Hammy never will.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    646
    I don't want Hamilton to join and I really don't like him... But if he joins ferrari then I want him to win...

    Horrible thought though...
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    I don't want Hamilton to join and I really don't like him... But if he joins ferrari then I want him to win...

    Horrible thought though...
    Well, Hammy is beyond the pale for me. Nothing can undo 2017 and 2018 and the way those championships were bent against us for me. I'd feel like I'd lost a family member if Ferrari after those travesties decided to bring him in.

    The ideal result of a Lewis tenure at Ferrari would be a Leclerc WDC and Lewis to retire after one year having been completely obliterated by Charles. Having had such an easy team mate that only just squeezed past the over-the-hill version of Massa for three years now, he'd be very unprepared for a young charger taking him out.

    Leclerc isn't yet the finished article, yet I do believe, based on the general feeling of this season, that he'll outscore Vettel by quite a bit the second half of the season. Seb just hasn't had the pace Charles has had in Bahrain, Baku and Austria all year, he's only been more consistent, based upon his experience. On race pace even in Canada, Charles was extremely close to him. Still, put Hammy and Seb in the same car and there'd be nothing to choose between them. Had Lewis gone elsewhere for 2013, he'd still be a one-time champion. It'd only be damaging for us to get him, alienating many fans, having to deal with his Instagram fanboys wouldn't help either - and he'd also be going downhill ability and motivation-wise approaching 40 as well. It's way easier to stay motivated chasing after goals, like Alonso has done for so long, Lewis on the other hand has won it so much that he wouldn't care too much if he won the title at Ferrari or not. It'd just be a thing he'd done "to do it" rather than bringing his soul into the team like Michael did.

    First time there was adversity he'd slag the team off on the radio and in the media like Alonso with Honda. It'd be a disaster.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 12th July 2019 at 11:39.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I'd like to see Hamilton back at McLaren.
    I'd like to see Hamilton in a Williams. Enough said.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'd like to see Hamilton in a Williams. Enough said.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Vettel will be here in 2020 regardless, but of course Alonso rather than Hammy - the latter is the most overrated driver in F1 history and an outright pr*ck, who's been in our most despised teams his entire career. It's like taking Wayne Rooney to Liverpool, seriously. No frigging way. There's a very strong likelihood I'd only support Charles and hope for Hammy to fail in that scenario, because I can't stand him, not even close and it gets worse by the year. I can't pretend these last few years and the FIA stuff didn't happen.

    Alonso on the other hand is the second best driver we've had since 80's - he's a reliable machine rarely making mistakes and always on top of things, speaks Italian and has plenty of know-how.

    Hopefully though, it's Leclerc/Verstappen for 2021 anyway. Max still has time to mature, something Hammy never will.
    You seriously need to grow up with your Hamilton hate. If Hamilton is overrated then what is Alonso who he beat as a rookie with No2 status for six races ? I mean he didn't black mail a team causing them a $100 Mil fine like Alonso did for example but still you riding on Alonso and hating on Lewis who never backstabbed his team unlike your hero Alonso. I swear i hope Lewis joins our team and makes us champion, i want to see your toxic face then.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    73
    This sport has betrayed Seb. Stupid rules and biased press. They just want Hamilton to win and everyone else to go away. That is why our sport is dying.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    This sport has betrayed Seb. Stupid rules and biased press. They just want Hamilton to win and everyone else to go away. That is why our sport is dying.
    Sebastian has betrayed our team with his poor performance in 2018 and 2017

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    This sport has betrayed Seb. Stupid rules and biased press. They just want Hamilton to win and everyone else to go away. That is why our sport is dying.
    Your stupid posts are creating non-sense. There should be a limit for everything.
    It’s Vettel’s dream to win WDC with ferrari, not the other way around.
    Ferrari never run after drivers in order to poach them. It’s driver’s passion to drive for ferrari, mind it.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Sebastian has betrayed our team with his poor performance in 2018 and 2017
    Poor performance in 2017? LOL, Hamilton in a faster car struggled to keep pace with Vettel who was one with the car, peak Vettel I should say. Only a vastly upgraded Mercedes in the 2nd half gave him the title.

    Keep on posting such bs Folky, it gives us a good laugh.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Sebastian has betrayed our team with his poor performance in 2018 and 2017
    2017??? Funny post.
    2018 yes Vettel’s mistake, but still not championship car
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    You seriously need to grow up with your Hamilton hate. If Hamilton is overrated then what is Alonso who he beat as a rookie with No2 status for six races ? I mean he didn't black mail a team causing them a $100 Mil fine like Alonso did for example but still you riding on Alonso and hating on Lewis who never backstabbed his team unlike your hero Alonso. I swear i hope Lewis joins our team and makes us champion, i want to see your toxic face then.
    Ferrari fan worshipping at the altar of Hammy?

    Now I've seen it all

    Everytime he faces adversity he collapses. He'd been in a complete state of meltdown in a Ferrari this past decade. What next? Is he better than Schumacher? Is Bottas better than Vettel? I can't wait, I'm grabbing then popcorn, like...
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 13th July 2019 at 11:30.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Ferrari fan worshipping at the altar of Hammy?

    Now I've seen it all

    Everytime he faces he adversity he collapses. He'd been in a complete state of meltdown in a Ferrari this past decade. What next? Is he better than Schumacher? Is Bottas better than Vettel? I can't wait, I'm grabbing then popcorn, like...
    You don't want to know how many Ferrari fans like Hamilton, there are a lot. Grow up.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    2017??? Funny post.
    2018 yes Vettel’s mistake, but still not championship car
    Vettel was leading in 2017 till Singapore until the moment he, Max and Kimi all came together..

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    334
    To be honest, I think they can be counted on one hand...

    Also, Vettel trailed in the championship going into Singapore.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Poor performance in 2017? LOL, Hamilton in a faster car struggled to keep pace with Vettel who was one with the car, peak Vettel I should say. Only a vastly upgraded Mercedes in the 2nd half gave him the title.

    Keep on posting such bs Folky, it gives us a good laugh.
    Who was leading at Singapore by a healthy margin until he, Max and Kimi crashed ? It was Vettel that gave the lead to Lewis, nobody else did especially when Hamilton was P5 and Vettel P1.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Vettel was leading in 2017 till Singapore until the moment he, Max and Kimi all came together..
    Oh wow. There’s nothing to do with that move. Even Schumi used the same technique, but thing is Kimi got excellent start of all.

    Have u forgot ?? Spark plug issue? DNFs ?? We had reliability issues?
    Also you were saying, until that race he was leading wt happ after that?? Ferrari suddenly lost performance? No..!!
    Mercs did get better on n on. Ham got better n better.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    War Torn Mars
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Oh wow. There’s nothing to do with that move. Even Schumi used the same technique, but thing is Kimi got excellent start of all.

    Have u forgot ?? Spark plug issue? DNFs ?? We had reliability issues?
    Also you were saying, until that race he was leading wt happ after that?? Ferrari suddenly lost performance? No..!!
    Mercs did get better on n on. Ham got better n better.
    I am not even talking about that move, i was referring to the fact that Lewis was P5 and Vettel P1. Vettel was racing Hamilton, not Verstappen or Kimi, that was the bigger picture.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    73
    Why are you blaming Seb. He developed our car in 2017. It wasn't as good as the dominant Mercedes at any track yet Seb still won us many races and somehow challenged for the title until our engineers made mistakes late in the year. He did the same in 2018. He only made mistakes chasing the dominant Mercedes car that was again the best at every track.

    Without Sebs driving and development work we would still be in the same place as 2014. We would have the 4th best car instead of the 2nd best car. We would not even challenge for a title either. Our engineers messed up this year but Seb is willing to take a hit for the rest of the year to get us ready for 2020.

    Forza Ferrari
    Forza Seb

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •