Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Seb to retire - Ricciardo to Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    Why are you blaming Seb. He developed our car in 2017. It wasn't as good as the dominant Mercedes at any track yet Seb still won us many races and somehow challenged for the title until our engineers made mistakes late in the year. He did the same in 2018. He only made mistakes chasing the dominant Mercedes car that was again the best at every track.

Without Sebs driving and development work we would still be in the same place as 2014. We would have the 4th best car instead of the 2nd best car. We would not even challenge for a title either. Our engineers messed up this year but Seb is willing to take a hit for the rest of the year to get us ready for 2020.

Forza Ferrari
    Forza Seb
    reading your comments make me feel like im smart, thanks for your contribution :)
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    reading your comments make me feel like im smart, thanks for your contribution :)
    What's your problem with Seb. I don't get why some on here don't like him. As Ferrari fans we should love him. He's won many winners' trophies for us against a dominant car. We loved Michael in the nineties when he was winning cups for us even if he didn't win the championship. Why not Seb?

What's your problem with Seb. I don't get why some on here don't like him. As Ferrari fans we should love him. He's won many winners' trophies for us against a dominant car. We loved Michael in the nineties when he was winning cups for us even if he didn't win the championship. Why not Seb?
    Because Schumacher was second to none. He made impossible things. Riccardo and Leclerc prove that Sebastian is not so good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Because Schumacher was second to none. He made impossible things. Riccardo and Leclerc prove that Sebastian is not so good at all.
    Seb does impossible things as well. As often as Michael did.

Sorry, neither of them ever did impossible things.

Seb is in bad shape every race because they took away the grid girls! Forget the tires, those girls made the drivers pay attention!

Impossible for a 4x champ to be 6tenths behind his team mate
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”

Impossible for a 4x champ to be 6tenths behind his team mate
    There you said it. Seb can't be 6 tenths behind his team mate without anything wrong his car. I haven't seen the sector times but someone was saying he was 3 tenths slower than Leclerc in 1st sector alone, the sector which Ferrari is strongest in due to engine. The bad thing about it is if you struggle in qualifying, you will usually struggle in race too. He is on course to finish 6th, may pick off Gasly at most.

Nothing wrong with the car he said so himself

Nothing wrong with the car he said so himself
    Well Vettel said that without even doing anything, you are automatically faster in Q3 than in Q1 but he said he was doing the same laptimes all the time whether it was Q1 or Q2 or Q3.

Q1 - 1:25.898
    Q2 - 1:26.023
    Q3 - 1:25.787

Among the top 6 drivers, in Q3, except Vettel, every driver improved massively.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Well Vettel said that without even doing anything, you are automatically faster in Q3 than in Q1 but he said he was doing the same laptimes all the time whether it was Q1 or Q2 or Q3.

Q1 - 1:25.898
    Q2 - 1:26.023
    Q3 - 1:25.787

Among the top 6 drivers, in Q3, except Vettel, every driver improved massively.
    so you think the team are hiding a mechanical issue on the car? If that's true then Seb will have a bad race today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so you think the team are hiding a mechanical issue on the car? If that's true then Seb will have a bad race today.
    A new conspiracy theory arises in F1: Ferrari are sabotaging Vettel's campaign.

What I miss during the Schumacher, early Kimi and then Alonso days, was a Ferrari that got better and better during races, which would add real hope and excitement for Ferrari fans. Today, we have the opposite where the car seems to have brief period of competitive speed and then just tapers off some 5 laps after a pitstop. The Mercedes and Red Bulls get better and better during the races, while we lose pace, eventually leaving the door open for them to pass with ease. I hope that something will give and stop this rot because it's demoralising!

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    What I miss during the Schumacher, early Kimi and then Alonso days, was a Ferrari that got better and better during races, which would add real hope and excitement for Ferrari fans. Today, we have the opposite where the car seems to have brief period of competitive speed and then just tapers off some 5 laps after a pitstop. The Mercedes and Red Bulls get better and better during the races, while we lose pace, eventually leaving the door open for them to pass with ease. I hope that something will give and stop this rot because it's demoralising!
    It's the damn tyres and some strange (desperate?) strategy calls, but as Binotto has said, with the SF90's limitations, we need to do something different from the others, so it's always a gamble.

Yes, but it's also up to the car to turn the tyres on, which the Ferraris of the previous era were able to do so better than the competition. If others can do so now, then Ferrari can also find a way to do so as well (hoping)

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's the damn tyres and some strange (desperate?) strategy calls, but as Binotto has said, with the SF90's limitations, we need to do something different from the others, so it's always a gamble.
    I would attribute more to the strange strategy calls and a little less to do with the tyres.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Nope. The configuration change Ferrari did in Austria unlocked the car for Leclerc. You can see he was struggling the races before but since Austria, he is very happy. But it only unlocked the car for Leclerc, Vettel is having the same issues since Australia except for a odd race or two in between. Maybe once they complete the current "fixing" of car issues, both drivers will be comfortable and confident with it.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I would attribute more to the strange strategy calls and a little less to do with the tyres.
    Tyres come first, strategy comes later. If you can't work tyres properly, any and every strategy will fail miserably.

Why go against Seb with the cars development. We should be giving the man what he wants.