Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 109

Thread: Seb to retire - Ricciardo to Ferrari?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Honestly, they can sign me! Joke a side. I think problem is not within the drivers, but with the team. In modern formula, it is less drivers, and more car and bloody tires that gives you wins and titles!
    Quite correct Stefa, hits the nail on the head!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ohhh... so it’s down to car ??? Then why ham wins aren’t compared to mercs rocket ship ??

    Even the same can I call max wins are specific to track layouts which suits RB ??
    Remember everyone was appreciating of his stunning moves in a wet race I think it’s Brazil GP? But all of them knew that he was on New Set of tyres at the end than others ? Which gives u advantage..!

    Ok leave all the aspects. Vettel made mistakes in a strong car, For which he needs to be replaced that’s the point right ?
    Max made lot of mistakes too?? Where he was supposed to win, then why backing for max not vettel ??
    Max is not a ferrari driver, vettel is & we say ferrari team first then the drivers??
    Hamiltons wins are.

    And I'd rather max cause he's always been fast and is improving as he matures.

    Vettel just gets worse as the years go on.

    And yes I support ferrari, drivers come and go
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Hamiltons wins are.

    And I'd rather max cause he's always been fast and is improving as he matures.

    Vettel just gets worse as the years go on.

    And yes I support ferrari, drivers come and go
    Improving... can you be clear on this ?
    Monaco colliding with bottas is improving ?
    Last race pushing other driver of the track is improving ?

    Gasly is not performing as expected, if someone with much more potential who challenge max then the real test begins.
    Max too makes lot of mistakes, yeah I agree with you he’s matured a bit but still that mistakes are happening.
    Ofcourse he’s fast, but even lando norris is fast.

    If u r removing a driver Becoz of mistakes after mistakes then you shouldn’t consider the driver who has the same profile ?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,134
    The best sign of driver improvement is winning a race! You can't do any better for your team and fans ! The worst would be going all season without a single win, as a #1 driver for IMO the best of all teams. Ferrari needs to go with "A Winner!"

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ok leave all the aspects. Vettel made mistakes in a strong car, For which he needs to be replaced that’s the point right ?
    Not in this particular thread, no. The discussion is if Seb chooses to retire.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,134
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Hamiltons wins are.

    And I'd rather max cause he's always been fast and is improving as he matures.

    Vettel just gets worse as the years go on.

    And yes I support ferrari, drivers come and go
    Great post! As far as retirement goes, one more $50, Million year in the bank and his already 4 WDCs, he can retire happily for ever after. He for sure did great for himself and his future family!!! Using the term retirement for folks under 40 yrs. old is still hard to comprehend! But... driving in F-1 is that tough physically for sure. The drivers deserve the relaxation and recognition they get for the rest of their life. they earned it !

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Improving... can you be clear on this ?
    Monaco colliding with bottas is improving ?
    Last race pushing other driver of the track is improving ?

    Gasly is not performing as expected, if someone with much more potential who challenge max then the real test begins.
    Max too makes lot of mistakes, yeah I agree with you he’s matured a bit but still that mistakes are happening.
    Ofcourse he’s fast, but even lando norris is fast.

    If u r removing a driver Becoz of mistakes after mistakes then you shouldn’t consider the driver who has the same profile ?
    He gets faster making less errors.

    Last race he won with a fair move, don't like it don't watch racing.

    He beat ricciardo in the same car, one of the highest rated drivers.

    Vettel is slower than verstappen and makes more mistakes, I like his personality more but after 12 years since our last title idc about if vettel is nice, he will never be ferrari wdc
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    73
    The drivers haven't won the championship since 2013. Now it's just Pirelli and Mercedes that decide the championship. Back in Michaels day he made the difference for us. Back in the Red Bull era it was Seb who made the difference. Vettel was the master of the blown diffusor. In 20 years time that's what he will be known for. Hamilton Alonso Button Webber, none of them could adapt to the blown diffusor like Vettel.

    If this is goodbye to Seb it has been a pleasure. The fastest driver I have ever seen.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aus/Italy
    Posts
    344
    Oh man... please not Ricciardo, Then all those bogan Aussie fair weather fans would support Ferrari just because he is there, the team does not need them.
    Ricciardo chose to drive for Aus, instead of his heritage he can P off.
    I would rather someone good from the academy.
    .

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,706
    Although I like him, Ricciardo has done a lot of mistakes this year already. He has shown his speed and is now faster than Hulk but those silly mistakes is costing Renault some valuable points and he doesn't learn from them. I would like to see Max in the Ferrari if Seb retires at end of the season, he looks like he has matured a lot in the last year. Back to Seb, if he returns to before Italy last year form, then I would to see him stay, but if he continues like this(Kimi beating him in the 2nd half of last year and Charles giving him a tough time this year) I would rather have Max. Ricciardo needs to get his stuff together at Renault first.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    Oh man... please not Ricciardo, Then all those bogan Aussie fair weather fans would support Ferrari just because he is there, the team does not need them.
    Ricciardo chose to drive for Aus, instead of his heritage he can P off.
    I would rather someone good from the academy.
    ricciardo_ferrarijpg.jpg

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    Oh man... please not Ricciardo, Then all those bogan Aussie fair weather fans would support Ferrari just because he is there, the team does not need them.
    Ricciardo chose to drive for Aus, instead of his heritage he can P off.
    I would rather someone good from the academy.
    Obviously ricciardo fans would support ferrari while he's here... Same as all the biased vettel fans that post nonsense on the forums
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Diamond Head
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    ...Ricciardo chose to drive for Aus, instead of his heritage...
    Dan is Australian. But if you think it counts more where your parents come from, then, according to the oldest sapien fossils, he should be Moroccan, and so is Ferrari.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aus/Italy
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    bleh
    .

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aus/Italy
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Dan is Australian. But if you think it counts more where your parents come from, then, according to the oldest sapien fossils, he should be Moroccan, and so is Ferrari.
    Funny how in other sports like football and Olympic sports the children and grandchildren of immigrants get scouted by their heritage nation.
    And yes blood does count more.
    .

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Not in this particular thread, no. The discussion is if Seb chooses to retire.
    Yeah that’s right. But it reached to point where he should be replaced even before vettel retires at ferrari.
    Few may think I’m die hard vettel fan. but I’m not.
    I’m a ferrari fan, first defend the team & their drivers. I’m one of them who called Lec a great talent n need to be in ferrari. That’s how it goes.

    I agree that he made mistakes, at the same time ferrari team too made mistakes & calling 2018 championship winning car is not right.
    In that car I feel only Schumi or Alonso could have won the championship.
    Lewis May score more points than vettel but can’t win WDC with that car too.
    Look at Mexico Last sector for reference, mercs & RB absolutely thrashed ferrari.
    Front tyre graining & blisters we saw in Monza. There are other couple of references too.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    He gets faster making less errors.

    Last race he won with a fair move, don't like it don't watch racing.

    He beat ricciardo in the same car, one of the highest rated drivers.

    Vettel is slower than verstappen and makes more mistakes, I like his personality more but after 12 years since our last title idc about if vettel is nice, he will never be ferrari wdc

    It seems you don’t watch my posts regularly.
    Max making less errors ?? If that is called hard racing, then this year vettel made 1 mistake in Bahrain, max made it in Monaco. Wt else other than that ?

    Season not ended for both the drivers right ??

    I’ll give one equation, ferrari 2nd fastest car. Challenging mercs at some circuits.
    Max RBull Honda, consistent 4th position. Except Monaco & last race he’s never in challenge with mercs.

    When the real challenge Wheel-wheel comes into picture, then u would see how max behaves.
    Remember China GP? He was supposed to win.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    73
    Let get Mick in the car. Two real Ferrari drivers. Imagine Seb and Mick leading us into action. Seb winning the cups then handing the keys to Mick when he retires. Then Mick wins a ton of cups. It would be beautiful.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It seems you don’t watch my posts regularly.
    Max making less errors ?? If that is called hard racing, then this year vettel made 1 mistake in Bahrain, max made it in Monaco. Wt else other than that ?

    Season not ended for both the drivers right ??

    I’ll give one equation, ferrari 2nd fastest car. Challenging mercs at some circuits.
    Max RBull Honda, consistent 4th position. Except Monaco & last race he’s never in challenge with mercs.

    When the real challenge Wheel-wheel comes into picture, then u would see how max behaves.
    Remember China GP? He was supposed to win.
    Vettel made a mistake and lost Canada and the potential to win in Bahrain cause he likes a spin.

    Max overtakes and wins a race in wheel to wheel.

    And if ferrari is 2nd fastest car then redbull is 3rd fastest and him winning is even more impressive... You should proof read what you write, or at least try to understand what you write. This way you will look less like a biased seb fan boy
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  20. #50
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,134
    [QUOTE=nani_s23;1013035]It seems you don’t watch my posts regularly.
    Max making less errors
    Max RBull Honda, consistent

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    887
    With Vettel now on the verge of retirement, Ferrari has to find someone but unfortunately there is no fast driver out there to replace Seb so they have to make use of whatever is available, be it Ricciardo.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,134
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    With Vettel now on the verge of retirement, Ferrari has to find someone but unfortunately there is no fast driver out there to replace Seb so they have to make use of whatever is available, be it Ricciardo.
    Who won the last race? Who has more points than both our drivers? Who's driving not a top car? Who lapped his team mate last race? Who started from 8th. pl. and won the race? Go Ricciardo ! Too bad Gio's not ready yet.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Who won the last race? Who has more points than both our drivers? Who's driving not a top car? Who lapped his team mate last race? Who started from 8th. pl. and won the race? Go Ricciardo ! Too bad Gio's not ready yet.
    Who ?

  24. #54
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    Let get Mick in the car. Two real Ferrari drivers. Imagine Seb and Mick leading us into action. Seb winning the cups then handing the keys to Mick when he retires. Then Mick wins a ton of cups. It would be beautiful.
    Maybe wait till Mick proves good enough to even get into f1 and then prove to be good enough to win a race before having him win a ton of cups....

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Vettel made a mistake and lost Canada and the potential to win in Bahrain cause he likes a spin.

    Max overtakes and wins a race in wheel to wheel.

    And if ferrari is 2nd fastest car then redbull is 3rd fastest and him winning is even more impressive... You should proof read what you write, or at least try to understand what you write. This way you will look less like a biased seb fan boy
    I don’t need to prove anything here.

    I support my team n my drivers. As you people are supporting max even who made the mistakes throwing away wins.
    If it’s only wheel to wheel racing that is making excited there are couple of drivers who are much more than that.

    With those Hard tyres ferrari were switched on their pace, simply missing the logic.
    No way RB can’t catch us on those straights. But still they did why ? Ohhh max power??
    Look at Canada, which was the fastest car ?? Mercs? Where was max then ??
    You saying vettel made mistake in Canada, I don’t term it as a mistake. That backend of the car stepped away but he controlled it back. Even then ham couldn’t able to overtake why??? You people don’t call those as brilliance.
    Bahrain yes it was his mistake.

    Straight question, RB as everyone know they are king of DF.
    Max is been driving with TR&RB for long time. Then why didn’t max had a pole all those years even at RB favoured track???
    He’s fast right ? He’s fast over Seb,Ham etc...right ?? Where’s that fast?
    Don’t say party mode please. 2015 car we didn’t have party mode, but vettel took pole when nobody expected.

    This year Charles is proving that he’s more than max. We don’t have strong car yet Lec & vettel took pole positions.
    We could have in Baku too, but bad luck was on our side.

    Last race too Vettel would have been 2nd in quali or May be 1st too.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Who won the last race? Who has more points than both our drivers? Who's driving not a top car? Who lapped his team mate last race? Who started from 8th. pl. and won the race? Go Ricciardo ! Too bad Gio's not ready yet.
    Oh season is already over?? Oh my bad.
    Talking about team-mate .
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  27. #57
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    800
    Charles will finish ahead of max in this year's championship I believe. This in itself is a victory and will only drive max to further distractions and frustration it could well be a trigger for max to exit red bull.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t need to prove anything here.

    I support my team n my drivers. As you people are supporting max even who made the mistakes throwing away wins.
    If it’s only wheel to wheel racing that is making excited there are couple of drivers who are much more than that.

    With those Hard tyres ferrari were switched on their pace, simply missing the logic.
    No way RB can’t catch us on those straights. But still they did why ? Ohhh max power??
    Look at Canada, which was the fastest car ?? Mercs? Where was max then ??
    You saying vettel made mistake in Canada, I don’t term it as a mistake. That backend of the car stepped away but he controlled it back. Even then ham couldn’t able to overtake why??? You people don’t call those as brilliance.
    Bahrain yes it was his mistake.

    Straight question, RB as everyone know they are king of DF.
    Max is been driving with TR&RB for long time. Then why didn’t max had a pole all those years even at RB favoured track???
    He’s fast right ? He’s fast over Seb,Ham etc...right ?? Where’s that fast?
    Don’t say party mode please. 2015 car we didn’t have party mode, but vettel took pole when nobody expected.

    This year Charles is proving that he’s more than max. We don’t have strong car yet Lec & vettel took pole positions.
    We could have in Baku too, but bad luck was on our side.

    Last race too Vettel would have been 2nd in quali or May be 1st too.
    He made a mistake and pushed Hamilton into the wall which meant he lost the race, "the car stepped out" is his mistake. (I don't think it was a penalty but it was his mistake that gave the stewards the power)

    Also pole positions doesn't matter when you don't win. Or in maxs case you don't need pole to win.
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    He made a mistake and pushed Hamilton into the wall which meant he lost the race, "the car stepped out" is his mistake. (I don't think it was a penalty but it was his mistake that gave the stewards the power)

    Also pole positions doesn't matter when you don't win. Or in maxs case you don't need pole to win.
    Ok don’t want to argue further on this. Let’s maintain healthy environment in this forum.
    I’m fed up with this explanation & all.

    If the time has arrived for vettel to be replaced then no one can stop that. But I feel currently it’s not such a situation at ferrari.
    Last edited by Rob; 11th July 2019 at 20:05.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  30. #60
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,134
    [QUOTE=nani_s23;1013061]Oh season is already over?? Oh my bad.

    You and most every one here seems to think so. Your bad is every thread a R Bull story! I still have faith in Charles even when there's only a slightest chance !! My bad !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •