Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seb to retire - Ricciardo to Ferrari?

Seb to retire - Ricciardo to Ferrari?

Seen a few media outlets that claim to have leaked emails from Ferrari that Seb is looking to retire as wants more family time...and Ricciardo is top of the list to replace...

Thoughts?
    Forza Ferrari

Let's hope so. If not Max then Danny is a good option

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens and honestly I would like it to happen. Seb's form has faded away and he knows he'll never get another chance at WDC with Ferrari as long as Charles is around(and he will be for quite some time) while Ricciardo is a great driver that almost matched Max at Redbull and he's just wasted in that Renault.

I'd be very sad if he retired.

Honestly speaking, Alonso joined Ferrari & he had the same goal of winning championship with Ferrari. He almost did it not with a strong car though.
    With the same passion, Vettel joined Ferrari as a replacement to Alonso. Still Ferrari haven't produced any championship winning car in these Alonso-Vettel Era.
    At least 2018 was a strong car, but not consistent enough to challenge mercs faded away in the 2nd half. Vettel as a driver too made mistakes combined with stupid strategies from Pit wall.

Vettel as a qualifier he's top notch. As a racer on wheel to wheel action, I think he's not smart enough. This is where he's vulnerable. Apart from that he's a team player, dedicated true sportsman. I hope he wins the championship with Ferrari & retire.

Pressure to perform even more is high on Vettel as Lec is challenging him at some instances. As I said at few occasions if strong car is given for both the drivers, WCC is for sure & WDC is up for the toss.

If vettel 4wdc is not worthy then I would rate Ham's 4wdc with mercs & current wdc not worthy too.

We don't need Mad max in Ferrari, as we have Charles Leclerc. Max too is vulnerable in wheel - wheel actions. If he pulls it off then it's stunning, else he pushes other driver or make contact with him.

DR is good at Race craft, not a great performer in quali. but still I would like to see him in Ferrari. As he's good on & off track, team player too. From the current grid if there's any replacement to Vettel then it should be DR.

All in all I don't see Vettel leaving Until 2020. Next year contract talks will begin based on performance from Vettel given if it's a strong car.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seen a few media outlets that claim to have leaked emails from Ferrari that Seb is looking to retire as wants more family time...and Ricciardo is top of the list to replace...

Thoughts?
    I hope its not true but where there is smoke there is fire. We will have to wait until Monza to see if these rumours are true. If they are, we need a very strong driver to replace Seb which unfortunately Ricciardo is not. Someone like Alonso who doesn't back away from a fight and can pull out fantastic performances in a not so strong car.

Charles is still learning and will not be able to handle the lead driver mantle.

Apart from Ricciardo, there aren't many options (experienced drivers) available - Hulk, Perez, Bottas (maybe?)
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

As much as Vettel exasperates me at times, I hope it's not true. He's a highly likeable character and I'd love to see him win a title in the Ferrari.

I like DR but despite some sterling performances I'm not 100% convinced by him.... but then I thought hiring Schumacher was a bad move at the time !

Personally I'd like to see Max in the car, even though his Dad has been pretty scathing of Ferrari in the past.

Ricciardo explains why he can't replace Vettel at Ferrari - https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...el-at-ferrari/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I'd rather Vettel stayed but he's done himself no favours with the tifosi these past two seasons and it's getting to him that he can't break his run of lacklustre results. I'm not 100% sure about Ricciardo either and he is stuck with Renault for next year, and I really hope we wouldn't end up with Bottas if Seb does quit.

so it's just speculation at this point? journalists looking for a story maybe

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'd rather Vettel stayed but he's done himself no favours with the tifosi these past two seasons and it's getting to him that he can't break his run of lacklustre results. I'm not 100% sure about Ricciardo either and he is stuck with Renault for next year, and I really hope we wouldn't end up with Bottas if Seb does quit.
    Lewis made mistake this year ...!! Why it isn’t highlighted?? Becoz he’s winning ?
    Max made mistake in Monaco, why it isn’t highlighted??

So any driver if driving for ferrari only should be highlighted??? Such a farce media ..!!

If Vettel retires soon, it will be at the end of 2020, why would he sacrifice his massive contract in the middle of it? Either way, I don't think he'll be offered an extension at even remotely similar terms as today, which is why he may well retire at the end of next season - paving the way for a Verstappen swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I hope its not true but where there is smoke there is fire. We will have to wait until Monza to see if these rumours are true. If they are, we need a very strong driver to replace Seb which unfortunately Ricciardo is not. Someone like Alonso who doesn't back away from a fight and can pull out fantastic performances in a not so strong car.

Charles is still learning and will not be able to handle the lead driver mantle.

Apart from Ricciardo, there aren't many options (experienced drivers) available - Hulk, Perez, Bottas (maybe?)
    While Charles is still learning he's doing a better job than Seb ! He for the most part is already the lead driver when left to race. Your description of Alonso' driving perfectly fits the winner of the last race! Including the fact that he's in a Honda R Bull and not a top car. How much more experience than what Seb has is needed? I would rather the new boys in there early 20 s to get a shot at bringing Ferrari back to the top. Charles , Max come to mind. Your maybes aren't even close to these two. Just compare Dan with Max. And he's the best of who you mentioned, experience wise.

2020 will be sebs last year he will give it everything and Ferrari will hit the ground running giving both there drivers all tools needed. Ricardo will be the replacement I feel he is off contract also 2020 .

If he leaves then we wont win any cups. He's been carrying us for 4 years and took us closer to the cup than anyone else would have done. He helped us recover after the state Alonso left the team in.

If he does leave then I wish him the best. He's a beautiful man and an inspiration to all, but I will miss him so much and so will our team.

Honestly, they can sign me! Joke a side. I think problem is not within the drivers, but with the team. In modern formula, it is less drivers, and more car and bloody tires that gives you wins and titles!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    If he leaves then we wont win any cups. He's been carrying us for 4 years and took us closer to the cup than anyone else would have done. He helped us recover after the state Alonso left the team in.

If he does leave then I wish him the best. He's a beautiful man and an inspiration to all, but I will miss him so much and so will our team.
    You’re out of luck, because he just married Hanna.

Disappointed Since 2010

sadly, I don’t think it matters, because Hamilton and Mercedes will just win it all next year too. Surely, Alonso would be a better choice than Ricciardo, though.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Thoughts?
    "Leak" could be prelude to a graceful exit. Dani's a good choice, given the realistic options, but I think we should at least make a play for Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post

Seb leaving Ferrari without a title will be seen as a failure, same as Alonso (they said Alonso was going to break Michael's records).
    Since 2000, only Michael and Kimi have been successful in bringing home titles.
    Felipe didn't win wdc, but at least played a big part in winning 2008 wcc.

Hopefully it's true, need someone who can win a championship with an equal car.
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Honestly, they can sign me! Joke a side. I think problem is not within the drivers, but with the team. In modern formula, it is less drivers, and more car and bloody tires that gives you wins and titles!

Max almost I think he’s into 5th year into F1. How many wins did he carry??
    Vettel won with TR in his early days .!! Wt abt max ?

Toro rosso took a risk with a full wet setup that's why vettel won.

You can't compare toro rosso in 2008 and toro rosso when max was there lol...
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”

Ric vs. Hulk

Quali 7-1
    Race 16-16 points
    DNF 3-2

let`s wait and see how it looks end of the year, great quali driver maybe, Hulk has had many issues in quali, so let`s wait

other drivers if Seb retire?

Heros come and go but legends live for ever seb no matter what he decides his name will always carry the stature of a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    You’re out of luck, because he just married Hanna.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post

Ohhh... so it’s down to car ??? Then why ham wins aren’t compared to mercs rocket ship ??

Even the same can I call max wins are specific to track layouts which suits RB ??
    Remember everyone was appreciating of his stunning moves in a wet race I think it’s Brazil GP? But all of them knew that he was on New Set of tyres at the end than others ? Which gives u advantage..!

Ok leave all the aspects. Vettel made mistakes in a strong car, For which he needs to be replaced that’s the point right ?
    Max made lot of mistakes too?? Where he was supposed to win, then why backing for max not vettel ??
    Max is not a ferrari driver, vettel is & we say ferrari team first then the drivers??

Seb aint retiring end of this year. He has a contract for next year as well. A lucrative contract. He's racing for us next year as well that is sure. Afterwards he might retire.And I dont see what Ricciardo can do more than Seb tbh. Maybe one mistake less.