Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari not expecting Silverstone to suit its car

Exclamation Ferrari not expecting Silverstone to suit its car

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto admits that he is not expecting Silverstone to suit the SF90 this weekend at the British Grand Prix.

The Maranello squad is still searching for its first win of the season, after it was defeated by Red Bull in Austria when Max Verstappen pulled off a late-race overtake on Charles Leclerc.

While it is aiming to close in on Mercedes following a disappointing run so far in 2019, Ferrari is not expecting to be favourites for the upcoming weekend.

"We do not expect Silverstone to suit our car particularly well, but at every race, we have seen that the balance of power can change, often unexpectedly," Binotto said.

Binotto confirmed that the team will arrive in Silverstone with minor aerodynamic changes as it works to understand the car and improve its pace.

"For the British Grand Prix we are bringing a further small aerodynamic modification as we continue to push hard on the development of our car," Binotto confirmed.

"The weekend will also be an opportunity to increase our understanding of the recent work we did, which has seen us close the gap to our competitors on specific types of track.”

Ferrari's last win came at the 2018 US Grand Prix, where Kimi Raikkonen came out on top in a battle against Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton.

Last year, Sebastian Vettel won the race in Great Britain for the Italian squad, which up to now, serves as his penultimate win for Ferrari.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Hope he's wrong and we're in for a pleasant surprise, but I'm not holding my breath, it's painful to think that we haven't had a win since Austin and have been denied twice this season. Our luck has to change someday.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Hope he's wrong and we're in for a pleasant surprise, but I'm not holding my breath, it's painful to think that we haven't had a win since Austin and have been denied twice this season. Our luck has to change someday.
    Our luck has to change, maybe.. Our car and in-season development, definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Three times: Bahrain, Canada, and now Austria.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    More to come

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    More to come
    You jinxed it .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    You jinxed it .
    i second that....
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    You jinxed it .
    F1 is a puppet show currently. They are trying hard to tune & make us dance with same kind of music each year but with different puppets.

What they don’t know is, we too have lot of puppets at home.

Hmm nani your post ties in with a conversation I had recently with an old friend who no longer wanted to talk F1. He is so very disillusioned he no longer watches it. I got a lecture on the ethos of f1...The most advanced technology used in the best cars driven by the best. Then the gizmos were an area of concern and the stewards!!!
    Oh I also had the bit about when men were men and no whinging about he left me no space etc.
    Lastly he said results are influenced by betting. If Charles had won at Spielberg it would have cost the bookies millions but with a Max win not so much.
    I left him beginning to wonder why I watch f1.
    Maybe because with all of its imperfections I still love it

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I stand corrected, Giallo, you are quite right, the tyres and strategy mucked it up for Charles in Austria and the reliability did it for Seb in Q3, so we did actually lose 3 races where we could have claimed the victory, or at least had one of them honoured.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Hmm nani your post ties in with a conversation I had recently with an old friend who no longer wanted to talk F1. He is so very disillusioned he no longer watches it. I got a lecture on the ethos of f1...The most advanced technology used in the best cars driven by the best. Then the gizmos were an area of concern and the stewards!!!
    Oh I also had the bit about when men were men and no whinging about he left me no space etc.
    Lastly he said results are influenced by betting. If Charles had won at Spielberg it would have cost the bookies millions but with a Max win not so much.
    I left him beginning to wonder why I watch f1.
    Maybe because with all of its imperfections I still love it
    F1 is all about racing against each other.
    This what made legends out of it. Schumi, senna, etc
    I’ve grown up watching such racing, it became a passion for me.

When I used to travel out of station, I drive like a hell with my car at max speed on occasions. On the way at couple of instances few used to compete against me. Such is the thing with F1 that’s gets on me.

But during these hybrid era, only one car is dominating & others are playing catch up. Sad thing is it’s still continuing.
    where’s the entertainment, challenge in that ???

All I want is atleast 3 cars with equal machinery & battle out for WDC.
    Ham vs max vs vettel vs Leclerc this is the real entertainment & challenge.

Ferrari's last wdc: Kimi
    Ferrari's last win: Kimi

Kimi is haunting Ferrari

This goes against conventional wisdom, that the Ferrari is quick in a straight line.

Is Binotto this clueless? Or is he playing with the opposition using a page out of Toto's book?

They're just trying to out psych the opposition

sounds like Binotto's optimism from the early part of the season has completely disappeared.

Difficult to say if this track suit to our car, it`s like 50-50 maybe. We`ll see, hopefully those minor updates has some effect, we just need some tiny improvement.

Ferrari should be good around Silverstone, good in fast corners and a straight line. However the tight corners will cost us a lot.

Wouldn't rule out a merc 1,2 or 1, 3 at worst
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Difficult to say if this track suit to our car, it`s like 50-50 maybe. We`ll see, hopefully those minor updates has some effect, we just need some tiny improvement.

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam...7col/image.png
    Hopefully the horse power advantage of the engines on the straights will be enough to gain an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    They're just trying to out psych the opposition
    It's about time we did that

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam...7col/image.png
    Vale, Club, Brooklands, Luffield, and maybe Village will be the pain points, based on previous form, IMO. What used to be the S-F straight down to Copse and through to Stowe should be OK for us. Hope they can get the tyres working so we can at least put up a fight.
    Last edited by killer; 11th July 2019 at 00:46.

Hope our boys can steal a podium. No chance of a win against the Mercedes rocket. Seb is in development mode. Charles is charging. Still think Seb will pull a rabbit out of the hat. He usually does.

No chance? Merc rocket? You need to find a Merc Lewis forum. This is a Ferrari home.

After race you disappear when vettel or Lec wins it.
    When max wins it, every thread turns into Max forum

Well I'm expecting Silverstone to suit our car nicely. So let's see who's going to be right? me or Binotto!?

Hopefully Charles will get his first victory in F1 at the historic British GP.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Hopefully Charles will get his first victory in F1 at the historic British GP.
    That would taste very sweet Sunday afternoon. Just what the doctor ordered for tifosi worldwide.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    After race you disappear when vettel or Lec wins it.
    When max wins it, every thread turns into Max forum
    That's why i haven't disappeared yet! They still need to win one! You are still in the #1 spot with turning every thread to R Bull ! Your #1 at keeping this forum up to date on what's up with F-1 outside of Ferrari. Next race will be Charles!! Forget about your guy over there!

Ferrari will surprise in Silverstone.

Ferrari find illegal immigrants in cross-channel transporter

https://www.news24.com/World/News/fe...orter-20190711

On top of all the woes....

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Ferrari find illegal immigrants in cross-channel transporter

https://www.news24.com/World/News/fe...orter-20190711

On top of all the woes....
    Actually those 2 were Max and his engineer trying to join our magnificent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That's why i haven't disappeared yet! They still need to win one! You are still in the #1 spot with turning every thread to R Bull ! Your #1 at keeping this forum up to date on what's up with F-1 outside of Ferrari. Next race will be Charles!! Forget about your guy over there!
    So if Ferrari (Seb or Lec) wins 1 race, you will disappear?