Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2019 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    He was clearly faster tho?
    Still not able to beat him fair & square?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    yeah the SC did help Lewis. He did struggle a bit vs Bottas this weekend. Was anyone else surprised by that?
    no, equal cars, it`s almost impossible to overtake these days, we have seen that so many times, like Seb and Charles in many races this year

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    no, equal cars, it`s almost impossible to overtake these days, we have seen that so many times, like Seb and Charles in many races this year
    when I say the weekend I mean qualifying too, not just the race.

that who wins the start usually wins the race, t has been so many years now, must be over 95%

when I say the weekend I mean qualifying too, not just the race.
    it has been tight in quali this year between those 2, bottas leads 4-3 (poles) in quali

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    it has been tight in quali this year between those 2, bottas leads 4-3 in quali
    yes, but in Silverstone Lewis is usually very good.

yes, but in Silverstone Lewis is usually very good.
    yes, but I do believe that bottas thinks he is still fighting about wdc, so it is not like he has give up the fight yet, but that luck what lewis has, bottas has not a chance

Hamilton is as a driver on another level than Bottas.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

On another note Novak Djokovic brought smile on my face

So Cricket World Cup final takes the cake.

1) Cricket World Cup Final
    2) Wimbledon Final
    3) F1 Race

Maybe there has been discussion (havenīt just seen) about when Max passed Vettel on the outside to Stowe corner, he couldnīt keep his car on track going wide there. Therefore I donīt see it too unfair that he got penalized some positions with that Vettels mistake. And Iīm not any drivers fan, just the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    So Cricket World Cup final takes the cake.

1) Cricket World Cup Final
    2) Wimbledon Final
    3) F1 Race
    My favourite sports with exception of cricket.
    4) Tour de France
    5) Don't forget Formula E with drivers who have driven or worked for Ferrari in the simulator.
    Felipe Massa, Pascal Wehrlein Jean Eric Vergne and Sam Bird.
    It begins shortly Good luck to all.

Forza Jules

Charles is awesome...and he had a LOT of suppport for his drive today....Seb less so haha.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    My favourite sports with exception of cricket.
    4) Tour de France
    5) Don't forget Formula E with drivers who have driven or worked for Ferrari in the simulator.
    Felipe Massa, Pascal Wehrlein Jean Eric Vergne and Sam Bird.
    It begins shortly Good luck to all.

There maybe another ferrari driver on the grid next year in formula e, cannt say more yet.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Absolutely loved the way Charles drove today. Great to watch.

Vettel is on a bad run at the moment, I hope he can turn things around in his home race. I think he should stay at Ferrari, unless they are able to bring Alonso back.

Did anyone notice the safety car that gave Hamilton the lead was a bit on the dubious side? The timing was too perfect for him and the situation did not warrant a safety car?

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

No, it is just you.

They had to have SC or VSC for the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Apart from Charles and his incredible driving, this was another embarrassing performance from Ferrari, compounded by Seb's brain-fade moment with Max. It seems we didn't have enough grunt from our 'powerful' engine to pass the Honda-engined RBs, I wonder whether it's because we've had to add more downforce to try and help our wayward front end, thereby losing some top speed. The pit stop lost it for Charles v Max but Charles fought back and the SC again played into HAM's hands, his luck is never-ending. Charles also lost out in the SC period, so the end result was a more than justified P3 for him and a penalty and the naughty step for Seb. He will be getting it from all quarters and something has to change or he needs to get out, for his sake and ours, sadly.
    Honda ain't sitting still mate, in Hungary RBR-Honda will have another engine upgrade..

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Did anyone notice the safety car that gave Hamilton the lead was a bit on the dubious side? The timing was too perfect for him and the situation did not warrant a safety car?
    So what should have been done according to you if i may ask ?

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    Absolutely loved the way Charles drove today. Great to watch.

Vettel is on a bad run at the moment, I hope he can turn things around in his home race. I think he should stay at Ferrari, unless they are able to bring Alonso back.
    Leclerc racing was EPIC, put a smile on my face :) The last thing our team needs is Alonso, he is the past now. How do you think Alonso would handle a fast Leclerc ? Leclerc ain't no Massa mate.

Germany and Hungary, 2 more chances to take a win before the break. Can we do it?

Germany and Hungary, 2 more chances to take a win before the break. Can we do it?
    If I may choose, let it be Hungary as I am going there
    Even better let's win both!

I hope you get to see a win in Hungary Stefa

One of the more exciting races of the season. The first 25 laps were brilliant.
    Charles is the only beacon of light in the ferrari garage. What a drive!! Wheel to wheel with max and then gasly and no crashes. The same cant be said about our most illustrious and overpaid driver, but people have bashed him enough. i dont want to start now.
    Charles driving was so impressive, he made it very clear he is the future for ferrari. And that rivalry with Max is going to be epic to watch. He has shown that no matter how much pressure is put on him, he can handle it, and still be a fair racer on the track. Hats off to this kid!!
    Cant wait to see more of him in better cars.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yes Lec win & max vs Lec battle.
    i hope it plays out like that. Their racing is bloody exciting to watch and we want Lec to win.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    you're the worst kind of sports fan
    +1 on this. What kind of a statement is that?
    Silently, like a shadow

British Grand Prix - Charles a great third, a shame for Seb

Silverstone, 14 July 2019 – It was not an easy day for Scuderia Ferrari at the British Grand Prix. Charles Leclerc took the team’s ninth podium of the season at Silverstone but Sebastian Vettel finished outside the points, after he collided with Max Verstappen on lap 37.

Charles and Max. When the five red lights went out, Charles kept his third place, while Sebastian immediately passed Pierre Gasly to move up one. Then Max Verstappen closed on Charles and a exciting duel ensued over ten laps, as the two men passed and re-passed each other. The battle even continued to rage after both men made their first pit stops on lap 13. Verstappen actually managed to come out of pit lane very slightly ahead of Leclerc, but the Monegasque didn’t give up and a few corners later, he got in front again, which had the crowd on their feet.

Safety Car period. On lap 20, Antonio Giovinazzi went off track and the race director invoked the Virtual Safety Car. Sebastian Vettel made the most of this, pitting to go from Soft to Hard tyres, rejoining in third place. On the same lap, Verstappen made a second stop, which meant the Scuderia had to react, immediately calling in Charles again to switch him from the Mediums to the Hard. In the meantime, the real Safety Car had come out and the field closed up. Leclerc therefore found himself on the tail of Verstappen and Gasly in the Red Bulls. These two soon swapped places so that Charles was now following the Frenchman, whom he passed on lap 35 on the outside of the Loop corner.

Sebastian. Ahead of Charles, Verstappen had meanwhile closed on Sebastian. On lap 37, the Dutchman attacked the German down the Hangar Straight and went past. Vettel tried to respond at the next braking point, but the move went wrong and he ran into the back of the Red Bull. Verstappen managed to keep going, losing a few seconds, but Sebastian had to pit to change the front wing. The German was deemed to have caused the collision and given a 10 second penalty, added to his final race time, which dropped him to sixteenth.

Podium. The incident between Vettel and Verstappen promoted Charles to third place behind Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas. The Monegasque was voted “Driver of the Day” after taking his fifth podium of the season, the fourth in a row, after finishing third in Canada and France and second in Austria.

Next race. The Formula 1 World Championship is back in action in a fortnight’s time with the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.

Charles Leclerc #16
    “It was a good day for me. This was by far the most fun race of my Formula 1 career to date. From inside the cockpit, the duel with Max was really enjoyable and I reckon those watching it at home or at the track also thought it was a good show.
    In a way, I have to say that what happened in Austria allowed me to understand how aggressive I can be in the race and I didn’t hold back. It was also a good fight with Pierre: to overtake him I had to be daring because he was very quick down the straights.
    From a technical point of view, I think we need to further improve our race pace and how we manage the tyres, because today we struggled a bit.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “Regarding the incident with Max, it was my mistake and I spoke to him afterwards and apologized. I had thought a gap would open up on the inside but it didn’t and it looked for a second as if he was pulling into the middle but he stayed left, but by that time it was already too late, I was too close and I couldn’t avoid the crash. Ferrari and Red Bull have been very closely matched in the last few races and I think it would have been difficult to fight Max off anyway.
    Apart from that, our race pace was really good, and the initial laps went well and I benefited from the Safety Car to get ahead of three cars. I don’t think we could have won today, but I’m not happy that I didn’t even score any points.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “It was definitely a difficult race, when compared to yesterday’s qualifying. Once again today, tyre wear compromised our pace, limiting our performance. It clearly demonstrates we still have work to do to close the gap when we are racing in specific circumstances.
    Charles drove a strong race and showed once again how good he is in a wheel to wheel situation.
    It was a shame that Seb’s good showing in the race was spoilt by a mistake when fighting Verstappen.
    The Safety Car made Charles’ race more difficult: stopping first was not really an option as it would have put Charles behind his rivals. All we could do therefore was react when Verstappen pitted. In the end, Charles had to attack the Red Bull again on track, which he succeeded in doing to take a well deserved podium.”

Surely Charles will take a win this year, he's too good not to.