Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2019 race thread

sharing this as its lovely touch for Frank Williams. And no matter what Lewis comes across like, here he seems humble and "normal"

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Thank God for an epic Wimbledon mens final and an equally riveting cricket match the English f1 never came close to that level.No wonder Lewis was annoyed all the focus was not on him with so much other activity on in England I guess Lewis you will have to settle for third this time.

germany we have a decent chance of being fast, only thing that worries me is the final sector and the hairpin. rest "should" be good for us.... but who knows how this car works anymore lol
    hungary unfortunately i think we will be pretty slow here as its basically a street circuit type track, low overtaking potential. High downforce and a good front end needed (both which we lack)
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Thank God for an epic Wimbledon mens final and an equally riveting cricket match the English f1 never came close to that level.No wonder Lewis was annoyed all the focus was not on him with so much other activity on in England I guess Lewis you will have to settle for third this time.
    It is sad you are so fixated hating on Lewis that you can't just enjoy a good race.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    It is sad you are so fixated hating on Lewis that you can't just enjoy a good race.
    true, race was one of the best ive watched in years. Just ignore position 1 and 2 for the rest of the year and you will enjoy the season :D
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    true, race was one of the best ive watched in years. Just ignore position 1 and 2 for the rest of the year and you will enjoy the season :D
    Even the race for 1 and 2 was good until it was stopped by the safety car. It would have being good to see what the different tyre choices would have made without a free safety car pitstop.

he looks really annoyed and upset here

https://i.imgur.com/Dqwj3qM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Germany and Hungary, 2 more chances to take a win before the break. Can we do it?
    Let's hope it :)

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If I may choose, let it be Hungary as I am going there
    Even better let's win both!
    I really hope so. I want to believe that we should be on par with Mercedes after the summer break. Let's hope the team would have solved our car issues by then.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    i hope it plays out like that. Their racing is bloody exciting to watch and we want Lec to win.
    He will give max taste of his own medicine. For sure.
    It was just missed in British GP. But coming races, Lec will show more to max.

worrying thing is how slow the car is, i expect redbull to get #2 in wcc

and the same stupid strategy mistakes.... again...and again...

I really hope Binotto has a plan for SF90 before Hungary, Ferrari must introduce working upgrades at the German GP to improve SF90's mechanical grip.

Otherwise at Hungary, our closest competitors are going to be Mclaren and Renault, not Mercedes or Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    sharing this as its lovely touch for Frank Williams. And no matter what Lewis comes across like, here he seems humble and "normal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CmHqeKWNsk
    Lovely mate, it put a smile on my face Clair Williams trying to convince Lewis to join Williams

Did anybody heard what Eddy Jordan said about 2020 driver line up ? That Max and Vettel will driver for Mercedes and Lewis and Charles for Ferrari, what do you guys think about it ? Eddy Jorden has been right in several occasions but also wrong at others, i am pretty curious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Did anybody heard what Eddy Jordan said about 2020 driver line up ? That Max and Vettel will driver for Mercedes and Lewis and Charles for Ferrari, what do you guys think about it ? Eddy Jorden has been right in several occasions but also wrong at others, i am pretty curious though.
    It doesn’t really add up for me. Why would Lewis leave Merc for a under performing Ferrari, but if in 2020 Ferrari have a great car to tempt Lewis why would Vettel leave?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    It doesn’t really add up for me. Why would Lewis leave Merc for a under performing Ferrari, but if in 2020 Ferrari have a great car to tempt Lewis why would Vettel leave?
    Everybody said the same in 2012 when Lewis signed for Mercedes mate. Nobody understood why he would leave McLaren for Mercedes who just one lucky win and got lapped many times in many races. I think it's time for some fresh blood in our team..

Lewis has his eyes on beating MS record, he won't leave Merc while they remain on top.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis has his eyes on beating MS record, he won't leave Merc while they remain on top.
    Unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    total nonsense imo

I have to say that while I was happy with Binotto taking charge of the team, now I'm quite disappointed with how he run things!!!
    To have so many problems from the 1st race ,and while he was saying from launch that we will concentrate on 8n season development, we have introduce a cut in the engine cover and a cut in the front wing end plates!!!Aahh and dont forget a bottom that doesn't work!!!
    This is SO SO disappointed!!!!
    He made us look as a midfield team if not worse!!!
    Even William's brings a lot more updates.
    Unfortunately as teams runs this year, I actually have any hope left!!! The head of the team looks SO little ,with NO vision, NO power actually NO idea how to lead the team on the top !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

The 1st. 2nd. place fight was hardly shown during the whole race . It's probably going to continue the rest of the season. where the race is for 3rd. place or just making it to the podium.. with a lucky shot at 2 nd place. The race was great to watch ! R Bull & Ferrari going at it was plenty for the fans of either team! I still can't get over how that R Bull was up in the air , landed and still was able to race ! Anyway, Charles was the best of the race and deserved that podium spot for sure! Lets be fair about it, It was the car not Lewis that won! I'm desperate to fit in here !!!! Oh and he looked and acted so down and sad after the race!! There, that should do it!!

The rest of the year will be Ferrari vs red bull pretend that mercedes do not exist.Any thing above this for either Ferrari or red bull will be pure bonus.How Ferrari got it so wrong just astounds me it defies belief that an organisation of that magnitude has been such a disappointment I am sure all Ferrari fans feel the same .

The rest of the year will be Ferrari vs red bull pretend that mercedes do not exist.Any thing above this for either Ferrari or red bull will be pure bonus.How Ferrari got it so wrong just astounds me it defies belief that an organisation of that magnitude has been such a disappointment I am sure all Ferrari fans feel the same .
    I'm fairly confident Charles will win a race this year, and wouldn't be surprised if Max got a second win. I don't see Mercs winning all remaining races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I'm fairly confident Charles will win a race this year, and wouldn't be surprised if Max got a second win. I don't see Mercs winning all remaining races.
    It all depends on track temperatures. If all the remaining races will be cooler than usual then Merc will obliterate the field. The showdown for 3rd place in the championship will be between Max and Charles and I can't wait to see it happen. So far Charles is the only driver that schooled Max big time but I fear that the Bulls overtook us in development. They were clearly faster than us in Silverstone in race trim and only Charles' great defending skills slowed down Max in the first stint, otherwise he would have been a lot closer to Mercs. Not that it would have changed the 1-2 Merc end result though... once they put the hard tire in the last stint in cooler conditions any chance to catch them was zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I really pray MS's record remains unbeaten.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    tell that to Ferrari to build a faster car.....cause WE got the driver to do it....and NO, it is NOT Vettel i'm afraid....IT IS CHARLES.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I’m 90% certain Hamilton will be 6 times Champion by the end of this year and probably 85-86 wins under his belt. I hope I’m wrong

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I’m 90% certain Hamilton will be 6 times Champion by the end of this year and probably 85-86 wins under his belt. I hope I’m wrong
    I don't see what can stop him.....

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I don't see what can stop him.....
    Sadly nothing ATM, ferrari can’t build a champiuwinning car if their life depended on it, Vet can’t drive worth $&#%, he thinks he’s diving bumper cars and poor Charles is getting shafted with all the poor strategies so they can make their #1 driver look good......enough is enough, they should just let Charles race, bring in the results and make Vet look bad, because frankly he’s lost his Mojo long time ago

Let both drivers have equal status and whoever qualifies on pole and is in front has priority over strategy
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.