Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415
Results 421 to 429 of 429

Thread: British GP 2019 race thread

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Real View Post
    Wel, VETTEL had the superior car last year, arguably in 2017 as wel, why didnt he manage such feats? This year Mercedes is without a doubt the better car, but it wasnt in 2018, possibly not even in 2017. Hamiltonnis not even the best driver on the grid, but he is better then Vettel. Vettel makes way to many mistakes.
    If not for his mistakes, he would have been 6 time champ.
    Ferrari was not the superior car in 2017. In 2018 it was close, Ferrari lost some ground in 2nd half, still would go with Mercedes. Vettel's mistakes made it clear we wouldn't win it. Hamilton was pretty good in 2018, had some good luck too.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 20th July 2019 at 06:30.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,277
    Good luck consists of a driver being at the right place at the right time, or he's out of luck ! He has to drive to that right place on the track. Oh and a little luck in the pit helps too ! All that complaining from almost everyone about the tires, it's plain amazing how Lewis managed to get the fastest lap on his hard tires with 32 laps done on them ! He decided not to pit. Good luck for sure!
    Last edited by Brembo; 20th July 2019 at 08:01.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    NEtherlands
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Ferrari was not the superior car in 2017. In 2018 it was close, Ferrari lost some ground in 2nd half, still would go with Mercedes. Vettel's mistakes made it clear we wouldn't win it. Hamilton was pretty good in 2018, had some good luck too.
    Shouldnt have said Dominant, but you are right, it wasn’t dominant in 2017. Neither was it in 2018, but it was at least as good as Mercedes, but wend wrong in their development and that is where Mercedes made a difference. Vettel would have been champion in both years if he didnt make the mistakes. But lets hope they found a solution and can battle for wins more often. But

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    NEtherlands
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Who expected Vettel to be on pole last year as well? And yet he was.
    And we didnt expect him to be in the wall in Germany rain race either, yet there he was.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Good luck consists of a driver being at the right place at the right time, or he's out of luck ! He has to drive to that right place on the track. Oh and a little luck in the pit helps too ! All that complaining from almost everyone about the tires, it's plain amazing how Lewis managed to get the fastest lap on his hard tires with 32 laps done on them ! He decided not to pit. Good luck for sure!

    Brembo, I have enjoyed reading your posts (and mostly agreed with them) for several years now. I was also a Rubens fan for the reasons I believe you are. However, what's up with all of your Hamilton love as of late? Fastest lap on hards says more about how well the Merc/Pirelli relationship works than it does about Hamilton having Senna skills. Don't forget, on all out 1 lap pace, even Bottas has proven that he can be faster than Hamilton. And it's happened enough to not simply be a fluke fast lap, or a fluke Hamilton error.
    Last edited by F-e-r-r-nando; 21st July 2019 at 03:50. Reason: Added additional comments regarding Bottas to further prove my point.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,277
    Bottas wants to beat Lewis every race, and Merc lets him go at it. When Lewis wins he has something to do with it . Bottas also has a great car. His 6th win @ his home track was a great win for him. I am a F-1 fanatic ! I love the races. Whatever is the reason , it's a race for a podium spot in 2019. It's not Ferrari holding 1st place and the WCC . I wish it was but F-1 is still going on and there's the other podium spots for now. Last race for me was great to watch. Lewis is at least as good as the other top drivers, no more , no less, , even though he's cursed with that top car. When Ferrari comes back with the top car and it's in Charles' hands and he rules as Lewis does now, will he be looked at as just lucky to be in the top car but can't drive worth a dump? That fastest lap was Lewis' choice to stay out and do it on those 32 lap old hard tires. I give him credit for getting it done, nothing more. I believe Ferrari is still alive in every race with the likes of Charles doing all he can with what he has.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    43

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas wants to beat Lewis every race, and Merc lets him go at it. When Lewis wins he has something to do with it . Bottas also has a great car. His 6th win @ his home track was a great win for him. I am a F-1 fanatic ! I love the races. Whatever is the reason , it's a race for a podium spot in 2019. It's not Ferrari holding 1st place and the WCC . I wish it was but F-1 is still going on and there's the other podium spots for now. Last race for me was great to watch. Lewis is at least as good as the other top drivers, no more , no less, , even though he's cursed with that top car. When Ferrari comes back with the top car and it's in Charles' hands and he rules as Lewis does now, will he be looked at as just lucky to be in the top car but can't drive worth a dump? That fastest lap was Lewis' choice to stay out and do it on those 32 lap old hard tires. I give him credit for getting it done, nothing more. I believe Ferrari is still alive in every race with the likes of Charles doing all he can with what he has.

    Yeah, I guess I agree with what you're saying. However, all equal and in the same car, I can't help but feel that FA, MV, and even CL... possibly even DR, could beat Hamilton over a season........ and I don't think anyone would be shocked.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Real View Post
    And we didnt expect him to be in the wall in Germany rain race either, yet there he was.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by F-e-r-r-nando View Post
    Yeah, I guess I agree with what you're saying. However, all equal and in the same car, I can't help but feel that FA, MV, and even CL... possibly even DR, could beat Hamilton over a season........ and I don't think anyone would be shocked.
    Those names are in fact all equal winners; and would be evenly matched if as you say were in equal cars. It looks like Honda is going all out as far as spending on their F-1 venture. They are a big time Corp. money wise, and no need to stress how much R Bull has to spend. Ferrari needs to calm down with drivers pay; unless they deserve it at seasons end. Spend it on more food lunch time for the crew and drivers! Better results will come immediately!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •