Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: British GP 2019 race thread

I wonder,is Mr Binnoto gonna say again that we make progress??? Because finishing MILES behind Merc and being cleary a lot slower then RBR also,well to me this doesn't look like progress!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    and Ferrari will stop him from retiring.

Ferrari doesn't have the car to win, probably won't have it in years, they don't need Vettel, they don't need to pay him 40m even if Ferrari is rich. Get a solid driver and let Leclerc grow as the team leader. Vettel days are almost over, doesn't matter if he retires or not, when his contract is over in 2020, he is done with Ferrari.

lando or max in 2020 please
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Well, Hockenheim is a layout that suits the car a lot better, it's actually quite similar to Austria - so in theory I wouldn't rule a Charles pole out there. Having said that - Formula DRS is what it is on Sundays regardless, so that wouldn't last long at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    watch the onboard, max did nothing wrong
    There’s a mistake from him, not major one but a minor.
    He moved inside the line at last moment which is at heavy braking zone. Seb was looking to go inside, then took adverse action to the right side n locked his wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There’s a mistake from him, not major one but a minor.
    He moved inside the line at last moment which is at heavy braking zone. Seb was looking to go inside, then took adverse action to the right side n locked his wheels.
    which is what max or any other driver would always do, its no mistake from him
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why isn't Seb retiring and saving engine??? oh wait, as DEAD EYES has been saying he's testing parts for Ferrari for next year.....what a bone head that troll is

which is what max or any other driver would always do, its no mistake from him
    He left no space inside the line. As per the rules a driver need to leave the space or enough width when there’s on track battle.

He left no space inside the line. As per the rules a driver need to leave the space or enough width when there’s on track battle.
    yeah he needs to leave space if the driver is along side, vettel was behind...

there was plenty on the outside

Yes, 3rd place was there for taking but Seb wanted 2nd and in the end didn't get either.
    I don't understand. How could he got 2nd ? Merc were lightning fast on that hard tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I don't understand. How could he got 2nd ? Merc were lightning fast on that hard tire.
    he's a delusional vettel fan, dont expect any sense

Yeah I missed that, Bottas wouldn't have pitted if not for that incident.

yeah he needs to leave space if the driver is along side, vettel was behind...
    Nope, when vettel was trying for inside line. Max made movement to inside which is fine no problem but at that moment itself there was no space n vettel went for right side. Max again moved to cover vettel.

Cause Seb was on hard and used two different tyre types and Bottas had to pit again.
    Bottas would have had to overtake Seb on track at the end (and Max)

Yeah I missed that, Bottas wouldn't have pitted if not for that incident.
    Nope, he still had to, he used Medium/Medium, even if the tyres had being perfect he’d still had to stop.

Vettel was in the range of 9-10 sec bottas, where bottas need to make another pit stop for softs.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Cause Seb was on hard and used two different tyre types and Bottas had to pit again.
    Bottas would have had to overtake Seb on track at the end (and Max)

Yup this is what.

Yup this is what.
    considering vettel was 20s behind and losing time every lap, bottas would have come out ahead

Unfortunately f1 now is tyre related a moderate engine is sufficient. Tires and down force this is the package mercedes are in a league of there own they magically get there tires heated and rubbered in that is the stand out feature of the mercedes.Ferrari have a great engine but it's not enough in this era of formula one. lots of home work needed to be done by Ferrari I see nothing wrong with using one of the Ferrari cars as a test mule during races in a way it's clever and results can go towards next year's car.we have nothing to lose this year the wrong development path was chosen for this year's car a total Ferrari blunder no excuses and it was never ever going to be an easy fix. Next year's car is already well advanced and this car will be sebs last roll of the dice expect Charles to be even faster.

Vettel was in the range of 9-10 sec bottas, where bottas need to make another pit stop for softs.
    Oh I see, thanks. But it wouldn't have worked anyways considering the Merc race pace on those hard tires.

No other drivers available, all are contracted to their teams
    Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Unfortunately f1 now is tyre related a moderate engine is sufficient. Tires and down force this is the package mercedes are in a league of there own they magically get there tires heated and rubbered in that is the stand out feature of the mercedes.Ferrari have a great engine but it's not enough in this era of formula one. lots of home work needed to be done by Ferrari I see nothing wrong with using one of the Ferrari cars as a test mule during races in a way it's clever and results can go towards next year's car.we have nothing to lose this year the wrong development path was chosen for this year's car a total Ferrari blunder no excuses and it was never ever going to be an easy fix. Next year's car is already well advanced and this car will be sebs last roll of the dice expect Charles to be even faster.
    It's our own fault. When F1 was all about engine (2014) we went for reliability instead of power, messed it up and were miles behind. Now, when we managed to catch them after 5 years, we ignored aero, ignored the tyres (remember letting Pirelli do what they want without using our veto? And it continues with us not being bothered with testing the new low profile tyres after we were asked to do so...). We are the makers of our failure. The only other full factory team to Mercedes, the only other team with the budget and... we fail again and again.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

considering vettel was 20s behind and losing time every lap, bottas would have come out ahead
    He wasn’t 20 seconds behind?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    He wasn’t 20 seconds behind?
    your right i got that wrong

Wow! Watching the after-race on Sky... Lewis doing crowdsurfing, celebrating with fans on the finish straight, taking pictures... behind all that anger I feel for him for driving for our competitors... damn he seems like a great guy! Cool

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why isn't Seb retiring and saving engine??? oh wait, as DEAD EYES has been saying he's testing parts for Ferrari for next year.....what a bone head that troll is
    Seb never gives up on race day.

Race day is where he races. Practice is where he tests parts for us to help development. No need to get personal.

Apart from Charles and his incredible driving, this was another embarrassing performance from Ferrari, compounded by Seb's brain-fade moment with Max. It seems we didn't have enough grunt from our 'powerful' engine to pass the Honda-engined RBs, I wonder whether it's because we've had to add more downforce to try and help our wayward front end, thereby losing some top speed. The pit stop lost it for Charles v Max but Charles fought back and the SC again played into HAM's hands, his luck is never-ending. Charles also lost out in the SC period, so the end result was a more than justified P3 for him and a penalty and the naughty step for Seb. He will be getting it from all quarters and something has to change or he needs to get out, for his sake and ours, sadly.

yeah the SC did help Lewis. He did struggle a bit vs Bottas this weekend. Was anyone else surprised by that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    yeah the SC did help Lewis. He did struggle a bit vs Bottas this weekend. Was anyone else surprised by that?
    He was clearly faster tho?

He was clearly faster tho?
    I heard a report that he set up his car for the race and not qualifying