Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sebastian Vettel

Sebastian Vettel

is sebastian vettel possibly the most overrated driver in the history of motorsport, ever?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDelinger View Post
    is sebastian vettel possibly the most overrated driver in the history of motorsport, ever?
    Most underrated, yes.

Time for new internet site. Will Finger Boy Crash Again?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Most underrated, yes.
    Yes.

Today was a racing incident. Before that he was the class of the field on his race set up. It doesn't matter anyway. The cup is out of reach. It's all about the development race and next year. Seb has his eye on the bigger picture.

Vettel is frustrated with this F1 show,not racing any more.

He did give us the wins which aren’t expected too. He’s not overrated, lost his interest on this sport or doesn’t feel confident go out on the track & deliver.

He needs to get a break or retire as got married recently. Spend time with his family. But he’s a good sportsperson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    Yes.

Today was a racing incident. Before that he was the class of the field on his race set up. It doesn't matter anyway. The cup is out of reach. It's all about the development race and next year. Seb has his eye on the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Most underrated, yes.
    Underrated SMH, how do you even dare writing that.
    Last edited by Louisa Fortuna; 14th July 2019 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    Vettel is frustrated with this F1 show,not racing any more.
    Same like 2014 ? sad to say but he cracked under pressure, Ferrari should back Leclerc 100%. No excuse

I think he is, he keeps cracking under pressure. Leclerc and Verstappen went round after round hard racing but no crashing then comes a Four time WDC with so much experience can't do the same. Watch how Italian media gonna blast Vettel

Maybe Ferrari as a team needs to get its act together,why did they pit Charles to late,team are a mess.

Maybe Ferrari as a team needs to get its act together,why did they pit Charles to late,team are a mess.
    To benefit Vettel because he pitted right on time..

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    To benefit Vettel because he pitted right on time..
    The same goes with Ham vs bottas??
    Ham couldn’t overtake bottas on track?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    The same goes with Ham vs bottas??
    Ham couldn’t overtake bottas on track?
    Actually he did.

Do we really need another Vettel thread? We've all supported him for as long as we've felt able, but just lately he is testing our loyalty big time and enough has already been said, both in criticism and praise when it's been due. Give it a rest, especially after today's events with Max at Silverstone, the less said the better!

The Italian media are going to be brutal tomorrow.

Vettel is struggling with rear of car according to Ted,car more liked by Charles.Maybe next round of update will sort it for Vettel.And Simon Resta is also coming back to Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The Italian media are going to be brutal tomorrow.
    And he deserves nothing less.

Sorry, but I actually hope they crucify him - and the team. It's high time that management and the pitwall at Ferrari get a swift kick and buckets of criticism for the way the team has been performing this year. It's been mostly sub-par.

And, once again, on the track it's Vettel making mistake after mistake. Again and again...and again. It's tiresome.

He is extremely well-paid and a 4-times World Champion. He must take all the pressure, especially when he pulls amateur stunts like today - or leave.

I agree. The team is certainly a mess. How it's (barely) maintaining second-best status for the moment speaks a lot more about the competition than it does Ferrari as a team.

And the ongoing strategic and managerial mishmash isn't helped at all by having a so-called 'number 1' driver who keeps making one amateur gaffe after another. That doesn't help one iota.

Quite honestly today I saw Charles who was in one word, Magical, then I saw Seb who really screwed things up with the incident.
    I also did not understand why -once more- the team screwed Charles over with their decisions.

Quite honestly and judging by performance, Charles should be #1.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

'Vettel still Ferrari's priority'

https://www.racefans.net/2019/07/14/...-is-very-fast/

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Vettel seems like he's on thin ice, if you read between the lines.

“Sebastian is still the one ahead in the championship between the two drivers at the moment so if there would be any 50-50, certainly we may still give the advantage to Sebastian.”

All it will take is Leclerc passing him in the standings.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post

“Sebastian is still the one ahead in the championship between the two drivers at the moment so if there would be any 50-50, certainly we may still give the advantage to Sebastian.”

i'm sure ferrari will take care of that with hte strategy calls to ruin Charles races time and time again....until Seb leaves ferrari....then charles will be #1
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i'm sure ferrari will take care of that with hte strategy calls to ruin Charles races time and time again....until Seb leaves ferrari....then charles will be #1
    You're probably right, but if Leclerc continues to have solid runs, he should build a gap to Vettel even if the pit wall is completely inept.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post

3 points!

Highly possible Charles is in a good zone at the moment in probably all aspects of his life.He is a talent no doubt in a car equall to mercedes no doubt he would win races .

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post

No wonder things don't go well in Ferrari with this kind of mentality.

I'm not sure I fully understand Binotto tbh. He says Seb basically is still number 1 because he is ahead on points. That would make sense if they were title contenders, but they're not really. Surely the priority now is to get that first win, so just treat them equally or support the one most likely to win.

this is silly, Binotto looks like complete moron. they give Vettel preferential treatment with pit calls and he still manages to screw himself. that's one way to make Ferrari look like bunch of idiots.

perhaps they so desperately want to keep Vettel happy - he doesn't have his buddy Kimi behind his back, but hey let's keep screwing the faster boy, perhaps Vettel won't sulk that much then. i personaly haven't seen anything else than Vettel sulking all season long. and the funniest part - he crashes into Verstappen and without a doubt first who is blames is Verstappen. that's you're 4x WDC
    not gonna change my profile picture

History of motorsport? Probably not. But in the last 2 decades, YES!
    Maybe hes spending too much time with the Haas boys. Who knows. This was a rookie error.
    Silently, like a shadow