Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charles Leclerc

All I can say is...thank you, Sergio Marchionne, for insisting that Charles Leclerc be brought into Ferrari.

I love this kid - so happy he is in our beloved Scuderia.

The makings of a world champion.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

This kid will be multiple champ. He will outscore and outqualify Vettel this year, its only gonna get better. Compared to Kimi he is different stratosphere (and there where people saying "He is too young, Kimi is doing great job"...yea right).

Kimi - 5 seasons in Ferrari / 1 win / 2 poles / 142 laps in lead

CL - 1 season in Ferrari (13 races only) / 1 win / 3 poles / 162 laps in lead

(with worse car then Kimi had last two years of his Ferrari contract)

Seb moving over makes me feel that the team realizes that Charles is #1 capable and let's him race the rest of the season best he can. I hope the thought of paying two drivers $50 million each doesn't get in the way! Many fans here believe money is nothing to worry about, Ferrari is loaded! I hope there right !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb moving over makes me feel that the team realizes that Charles is #1 capable and let's him race the rest of the season best he can. I hope the thought of paying two drivers $50 million each doesn't get in the way! Many fans here believe money is nothing to worry about, Ferrari is loaded! I hope there right !!
    If I am right, they will be turning on a race per race strategy from now on, no more #1 until there is a clear #1 on the team.
    This should be evident in Monza, where if again i am right, both should be allowed to qualify without a status #1 but the one who gets in front is the one who gets the status #1.
    That will help avoid confusions in the start.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    If I am right, they will be turning on a race per race strategy from now on, no more #1 until there is a clear #1 on the team.
    This should be evident in Monza, where if again i am right, both should be allowed to qualify without a status #1 but the one who gets in front is the one who gets the status #1.
    That will help avoid confusions in the start.
    It will get confusing when they need to decide who gets the slip stream first in qualifying....that will rustle some feathers for sure. That decision will seem like a #1 vs #2 choice to the media and tifosi.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

He seems like our best shot for a second straight win this weekend - I hope he can do it!

He’s the star for ferrari & tifosi right now. I hope vettel wins the championship next year & retire with ferrari.
    I see Leclerc as next future champion along with him Lando Norris would be a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    It will get confusing when they need to decide who gets the slip stream first in qualifying....that will rustle some feathers for sure. That decision will seem like a #1 vs #2 choice to the media and tifosi.
    I think I read somewhere that Binotto said it's Leclerc's turn to get the tow. I could be wrong though.

Disappointed Since 2010

Binotto needs to get towed out of town if he dosn't realize team orders are not in order! Charles is on fire and Seb is ready for the 2nd half of the season. Don't rock the boat! Let them fight it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Binotto said it's Leclerc's turn to get the tow. I could be wrong though.
    It should work like, 1st Q3 lap Vettel - Leclerc & 2nd Q3 lap Leclerc - Vettel.
    Infact Leclerc doesn’t need any tow etc, he’s much confident with his car. He can pull out storming lap.
    It’s vettel who needs to catch up.

Alberto Ascari
    Phil Hill
    John Surtees
    Ludovico Scarfiotti
    Clay Regazzoni
    Jody Scheckter
    Gerhard Berger
    Michael Schumacher
    Rubens Barrichello
    Fernando Alonso

CHARLES LECLERC!