Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc

Charles Leclerc

Is he deserving of his Ferrari seat yet?

Reminds me a lot of this:

Disappointed Since 2010

It goes without saying, we need him and should treat him accordingly otherwise he will be snapped up by a team with a competitive car that works on all circuits and whatever tyres they give him.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It goes without saying, we need him and should treat him accordingly otherwise he will be snapped up by a team with a competitive car that works on all circuits and whatever tyres they give him.
    Agreed.

Only his second year in F1, in the most high pressure team, and his driving has been incredible, providing some of the best racing we've seen in a long time.

I'm very happy Leclerc is at Ferrari, hope he stays and that the Team can provide him with a good enough car and strategies to fight for the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Is he deserving of his Ferrari seat yet?
    ]
    Oh yeah he's the real deal
    I can't wait to see him on the top step.

I loved the vid Giallo.

Forza Jules

i think i saw him overtaking and being overtaken so that no other car crashed. i think he very much deserves his seat
    not gonna change my profile picture

He's definitely our best driver at the moment, and that against a four-time world champion. Just like last year he's revving up by mid-season too in his new environment. He's definitely been an improvement on Kimi by a country-mile. He's yet to pass Vettel in the championship standings, but it feels like that's just a matter of when, not if.

Charles proving a lot of doubter wrong, great to see and hopefully Ferrari realise they just have to let him be fast
    Forza Ferrari

About time, Ferrari has been open about giving preferential treatment to Vettel from start of the season & even with that, he is what 3 points clear of Leclerc?

Let Charles be Charles just like mercedes let Lewis be Lewis that's how results happen no restrictions.

Will be interesting to see Vettel vs Leclerc in Germany. Many people think Marcus Ericsson was not good measure stick last year, but he is solid driver, and Leclerc put 1s between them in Germany (Nasr was 0.1s faster in 2016 for referrence).

Can Leclerc outqualify Vettel there? I think he can, and I think he will. How hard will that hit Seb I wonder?

Well I do hope Binotto and co. are not going to screw Charles over to keep captain fracassa happy.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well I do hope Binotto and co. are not going to screw Charles over to keep captain fracassa happy.
    It does seem that Leclerc usually gets the inferior pit stop strategy...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles proving a lot of doubter wrong, great to see and hopefully Ferrari realise they just have to let him be fast
    I was one of them. I thought Charles needed another year in a midfield team where he could hone his skills without too much pressure.
    Clearly the boy was ready and shows at every race how ready he really was.

Forza Jules

Next race Germany, I hope Ferrari is fair with both drivers. 3 points difference shouldn't mean Seb is still the top driver and Charles has to move over if that's the case.

Germany should be interesting. Charles still looking for that first win, Can Seb raise his game at his home race?

Impressed with his tenacity under pressure - him and Max push each other hard and rather ruthlessly but in a manner that's both enjoyable and fair. However, it's brewing between these two to the point they'll take each other out soon!

Charles and Max seem to be fighting for 2nd, 3rd, place. Either finish is a lot of points to be thrown away with a DNF. I think that will keep them on the very care full side when going at it. And there' s always that chance for slipping into 1st. place if something don't go right for Merc! Great watching the two race for sure!

Like a new pair of running shoes that never needed breaking in! Always had great enthusiasm for Leclerc's arrival at Ferrari and he's already EXCEEDED my expectations. The Real Deal? YES INDEED!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Germany should be interesting. Charles still looking for that first win, Can Seb raise his game at his home race?
    Motivation points that should be harnessed by the team to get the maximum result for both drivers.

I am sure Charles will show up. Seb needs to take a long, hard think at what he wants to do.

We are past #1 and #2, let them have at it. If anyone needs any favors, it should be given to the faster driver.

With Seb's rear end collision with Max, I believe Max intentionally set up Seb to hit him, and Seb was perhaps a little naive to take the offer. Firstly, Max hinted to be opening the door before closing it and then braking earlier than if he was on his own at that point. Why else would Max be so cool about being hit from behind? Because he knows he masterminded the crash! I think the biggest problems for the red drivers, is that the Ferrari seems to 3rd best when it comes to genuine race pace, causing its drivers to be either uncomfortable or having to overdrive at times to save face. Seb in the Mercedes would be a different driver, one that would not be crashing as is at the moment. Hopefully, Charles will find himself with a car that can keep up its single lap speed competitiveness over the course of a race!

If your right about Max having the know how to set that all up, he's even greater than just a fast driver. Max in Seb's car would be great for Ferrari ! Seb in a Merc along side Lewis in the other Merc would be great to see who's got the better car. Neither driver would matter, just the car. Meanwhile Charles is the better of the two for sure1
    Last edited by Brembo; 20th July 2019 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If your right about Max having the know how to set that all up, he's even greater than just a fast driver. Max in Seb's car would be great for Ferrari ! Seb in a Merc along side Lewis in the other Merc would be great to see who's got the better car. Neither driver would matter, just the car. Meanwhile Charles is the better of the two for sure1

This is going to be a make or break for Seb. If Charles gets the better of him in Germany it will be game over dor him psychologically speaking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    This is going to be a make or break for Seb. If Charles gets the better of him in Germany it will be game over dor him psychologically speaking.
    Yes, and it's his home race.

You are right about that! Seb wants and needs that Germany win; and Charles wants his 1st. win. If it's one on one between them for the win, I'll feel real bad if Charles has to move over. Either one on pole should be the one to let race.

Leclerc on ‘frustrating’ orders & fighting Verstappen

Stepping up to a Ferrari race seat, Charles Leclerc has found himself thrust under the spotlight this season and he has without a doubt risen to the challenge.

Arriving at Ferrari where he was to partner four-time World Champion Sebastian Vettel, the Scuderia made it abundantly clear that Vettel was the priority.

That was evident throughout the opening few races when the Scuderia often turned to team orders, issuing them in Vettel’s favour.

Leclerc, though, made it known that he wasn’t willing to play second fiddle if he felt he had the advantage over the German.

He disobeyed the team in Bahrain which set him up for the race win only for his SF90 to lose a cylinder, dropping him to third.

Speaking about Ferrari’s liberal use of team orders, he explained to BBC Sport: “There were a few races where it was reasonable and then others like in Bahrain when I thought it was better not to respect them because in the car I felt I had more information than they had on the pit wall. That’s how I felt it.

“I felt like I had a significant pace advantage, I was coming quite quickly and I felt it reasonable to overtake.

“In the end, I understand they are trying to do the best job for the team and I completely understand.

“It can be very frustrating from the car sometimes but it is all about staying calm and then the mental work I have done since the beginning of my career helps.”

Bahrain, though, wasn’t the only time this season that Leclerc has come close to winning a grand prix only to watch it all fall apart.

He was leading in Austria before Max Verstappen somewhat controversially overtook him, giving him a hefty whack as he pushed the Monégasque driver off the track.

Verstappen won, Leclerc was a disappointing P2.

However, he put that behind him and two weeks later was again battling his former karting rival, this time getting the better of him in their on track battles only to lose out in the pits.

Leclerc hopes this is just the beginning of a fierce rivalry between F1’s young stars.

“I really hope so,” he said. “We had some very good fights in karting that didn’t always end in a good manner, but it was fun, good times.

“And I can’t wait to have more with him. In the end, we have done most of our career together, so it is fun to find ourselves again here in Formula 1.”

But when all is said and done it is not Verstappen he wants to beat, he wants to finish ahead of everyone – both on a grand prix Sunday and in the championship standings.

“Well, hopefully the first win to come very soon – and many more after. But at the end the target is the first win now, trying to take the opportunity whenever we have it.

“In the future… my dream as a child was being a World Champion. Now I am finally in a team where I think this can be a reality so we need to keep working and hopefully this will happen one day.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lecler...-fighting-max/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Now a Grand Prix winner

So awesome. I have so high hopes for him. Finally he gets his win, shame that his debut win was just after his friend died, but this will be one of many. Ferrari have a gem in their hands.

He’s confident now going to Monza! I don’t mind Vet becomes the wing man, albeit, the high salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    So awesome. I have so high hopes for him. Finally he gets his win, shame that his debut win was just after his friend died, but this will be one of many. Ferrari have a gem in their hands.
    Couldnt agree more.
    Silently, like a shadow