Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Binotto vacates Ferrari technical director role

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Most all Ferrari's are sold in the USA. As soon as someone here makes it big, #1 priority has been for years, to buy a Ferrari. And for the most part even among the lucky buyers, here in the USA it's "Formula who? What's F-1 ? " I don't follow soccer1 I believe Ferrari road car sales are safe but for sure a future WCC will not hurt. Germany may well be the exception buying a Mrec over a Ferrari if that's not already the case. Remember the Mercs comes with Pirelli no extra charge!

LOL (to the Pirelli coment)
    Honestly though, I don't know what some people on this forum seem to be smoking. All Ferrari has to do is announce a new limited edition road car and it's sold out before the first model has rolled off the line. A few mid-pack seasons in F1 will do little to change that. Ferrari is a dream and a passion for car guys that will live forever. The only thing that can hurt road car sales is a significant lengthy economic resession/depression.

Seriously, look at McLaren. They basically built a multi-model road car line while sucking in F1. Cars are selling and only this year have they advanced to mid-pack status in F1.

I tend to think that Ferrari is always going to be up there in F1. I have no fear they'll ever become the next Williams or even endure the long term lows McLaren F1 is only begining to (maybe) come out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello, but it's more of a grand tourer.

Before you guys all think my family is loaded, it was purchased in 2008 at the bottom of the market, so the car was basically 10 years old.

It was not purchased based purely on F1 results, but the history of Enzo Ferrari creating Scuderia Ferrari, the winningest team in motorsports, does play a role in the mystique of their road cars, otherwise it wouldn't be any better than a Lamborghini. Fun fact: both Michael Schumacher and Niki Lauda played a role in the car's development. I believe Lauda said something along the lines of it being the first Ferrari he wouldn't mind owning.
    Great story Giallo, thanks for sharing

Unfortunately I was one of the many who lost a fortune around 2008. However, if I find the cure for cancer or a 10 ton gold boulder buried in my backyard, it's the La Ferrari for me. Fun fact: Fernando Alonso played a part in the development of that awesome hypercar. Oddly, I don't think Alonso owns one, but Hamilton does I sure hope he bought it second hand and not directly from Ferrari... If anyone knows, please tell me.

That last sentence made my day !!! Great !!!!

So long as Fiat, Philip Morris and Shell are there, of course Ferrari won't decline into a lower-tier midfield team. That's just inconceivable. What I'd like to see though is Fiat connecting Ferrari to Adidas similar to Juventus and really pursue the American and Asian souvenir markets in the way Juve do. Make Ferrari merchandise really hip to wear and thus increasing the revenue, making the team further sustainable in the long run. I doubt our current arrangements with Puma will take us any further on that path.

Either way, I do hope rumours of Costa and Resta coming in are true, those two + Binotto and we're in good shape.