Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: German GP Hockenheim free practice & qualy

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I beat you both, being a tifoso since Monaco 1967 and it was a sad start to my Ferrari worship as Lorenzo Bandini died soon after the race where he crashed and was engulfed in flames. I've been here ever since, through thick and thin, and despite the catastrophes like yesterday's quali, I always maintain some hope, however small.
    And I doff my hat to you in deepest respect, Sir! You beat me by ten years and I know there are others on here who've been tifosi for even longer.

Of course, there's always hope - and as tifosi that's what we do - ultimately. None of us would still be tifosi if we didn't have that, right?!

But it's the persistent, militant Pollyannas on this board who get to be tiresome for critical (and longtime) fans like Stefa and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Absolutely wrong, Arrivabene had changed the team already, team was heading in the right direction, there were wins. He should not have been sacked. Being the new boss Binotto reversed things back just to outlaw anything Maurizio did. Stupid action of many new bosses in many businesses, though.
    Ferrari were doing better season after season. You don't change things when you are gaining and even beating Mercedes.

It's not that Ferrari is not winning... It's like we don't want to. If it looked like we were trying to be the best, to be bringing upgrades, to make up for the lack of speed by strategy, by great decisions, by clever solutions... But we have nothing. Speed is inconsistent and we don't seem to know why is that happenng, those few upgrades we brought did not work as expected, there are constant mistakes be it from drivers or the team behind them, strategy? What strategy?... There was not one single race this year, where something didn't go horribly wrong in our team, how is that even possible in the team of highly trained, well payed (we have the biggest budget) professionals? Even Williams didn't make so many blunders and I dare to say, if we would had theirs budget, we'd be far behind them, that is if we would be able to even start the race. There is nothing, that is going for us really... and I am honestly terrified of 2021. Just imagine this team dealing with whole new rules.

I want to be able to believe in our guys, to feel stressed, but simultaneously telling to myself that we are great and we will make it... not to be scared about what will go wrong this time :/

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Ferrari were doing better season after season. You don't change things when you are gaining and even beating Mercedes.
    Really? you mean the 6 races of upgrades we suddenly realised didn't work was doing better?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    to make up for the lack of speed by strategy, by great decisions, by clever solutions... But we have nothing.
    What strategy can make up for 4 tenths a lap difference? you want the impossible.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What strategy can make up for 4 tenths a lap difference? you want the impossible.
    So the car, how do I put it, BLOWS?

Not everytime, no. But look at Red Bull for example. They often somehow manage to get more out of the race, than they should, because of their strategy. It did not happen just once, where we were the team to pick up the scraps from Mercedes problems, but it was Red Bull who did that, even though their pace was worse, than ours. Somehow (don't ask me why, I'm not paid for figuring this out) they can make this work. We don't. And any time we want to make something clever, it goes wrong (mediums for Leclerc in Baku, softs for both our guys for recent GPs...) It's just... I don't know. Like a curse or something.

So the car, how do I put it, BLOWS?
    Arrivabene led this car, season after season we improve right....lol
    Forza Ferrari

2017 is totally different from 2016. But we had DNFs in 2017 due to reliability.
    Come 2018 we were strong as 2017 was like building to 2018.

2019 FW changes made ferrari to go in different direction which they thought would yield better results. They took that risk, which didn’t pay them as expected. I think 2020 would be better for which Binotto is laying the foundation for.

Arrivabene led this car, season after season we improve right....lol
    So you mean to say that this year's fiasco car, is Arrivabene's fault. Binotto has nothing to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    2017 is totally different from 2016. But we had DNFs in 2017 due to reliability.
    Come 2018 we were strong as 2017 was like building to 2018.

2019 FW changes made ferrari to go in different direction which they thought would yield better results. They took that risk, which didn’t pay them as expected. I think 2020 would be better for which Binotto is laying the foundation for.
    So you agree that 2019's car development was a wrong decision made by Binotto?

So you mean to say that this year's fiasco car, is Arrivabene's fault. Binotto has nothing to do with it?
    Binotto was not leader when this car was created, but you say we improve season after season with Arrivabene? while forgetting the 2nd half last season and we still pay for that now.
    Forza Ferrari

Not everytime, no. But look at Red Bull for example. They often somehow manage to get more out of the race, than they should, because of their strategy. It did not happen just once, where we were the team to pick up the scraps from Mercedes problems, but it was Red Bull who did that, even though their pace was worse, than ours. Somehow (don't ask me why, I'm not paid for figuring this out) they can make this work. We don't. And any time we want to make something clever, it goes wrong (mediums for Leclerc in Baku, softs for both our guys for recent GPs...) It's just... I don't know. Like a curse or something.
    They are playing with strategy because in race merc, ferrari cars are optimised.
    You know RB are better on the tyres also they have better aero than ferrari. Which gives them to play with strategies.
    This year they are focused more towards one driver than ferrari & mercs combined with new engine partner. They are going all out to keep Mad max with RB next year or atleast show potential of growth in the team with that new engine.

Where as ferrari is re-structuring for long-term.

Binotto was not leader when this car was created, but you say we improve season after season with Arrivabene? while forgetting the 2nd half last season and we still pay for that now.

Yeah that’s the main point, Binotto was not the leader when this car was designed. No one is taking this point into reference. Ferrari started working on 2019 car 2months ahead last year after summer break which was under leadership of MA.

So you agree that 2019's car development was a wrong decision made by Binotto?

How was Binotto responsible ??? When this car was designed last year under leadership of MA?

May I remind you that we won a race in the 2nd part of last year also, so we were not this far behind.
    We made mistakes in the 2nd part of 2017 too. That did not affect the start of 2018 which was pretty good.
    Binotto screwed up the front wing, eveybody admits it except you.

May I remind you that we won a race in the 2nd part of last year also, so we were not this far behind.
    We made mistakes in the 2nd part of 2017 too. That did not affect the start of 2018 which was pretty good.
    Arrivabene was in charge when car was designed, so why you trying to blame someone else? Don't be stupid please.
    Forza Ferrari

They are playing with strategy because in race merc, ferrari cars are optimised.
    You know RB are better on the tyres also they have better aero than ferrari. Which gives them to play with strategies.
    This year they are focused more towards one driver than ferrari & mercs combined with new engine partner. They are going all out to keep Mad max with RB next year or atleast show potential of growth in the team with that new engine.

Where as ferrari is re-structuring for long-term.
    I was not talking just about this year...

How about not losing 0,2 -0,3 sec with most of tire changings? Have you ever done a pitlane walk on a Thursday? Have you seen what the other teams are doing - practicing dousens of tire changings and combined nose/tire changes. Have you seen what our Ferrari boys are doing at the same time? Flirting with the passing girls, selfies with them, etc., that's what they do.

To be frank, nobody admits it. There are 3 diff depts engine, aero, chief Technical all these engineers report to MA.
    Now there’s improvement in Cheif Technical dept Binotto got promoted & he’s been with ferrari for 25yrs.

How about not losing 0,2 -0,3 sec with most of tire changings? Have you ever done a pitlane walk on a Thursday? Have you seen what the other teams are doing - practicing dousens of tire changings and combined nose/tire changes. Have you seen what our Ferrari boys are doing at the same time? Flirting with the passing girls, selfies with them, etc., that's what they do.
    That's just lies, I done the pitwalk at Silverstone and Ferrari was out doing pit stop practice under the watch of Jock Clear, I will post the video's if you really want? Doing tyre changes over and over, and nose changes.
    Forza Ferrari

I was not talking just about this year...
    I’ve included this year too..!! RB always good on race pace & tyres. Which is a known fact.
    Where as ferrari never got that Hard tyre work during this Pirelli era. They are strong on Softs & Mediums but not on Hard tyres.

That's just lies, I done the pitwalk at Silverstone and Ferrari was out doing pit stop practice under the watch of Jock Clear, I will post the video's if you really want? Doing tyre changes over and over, and nose changes.
    That was not the case in Monza and Abu Dabi.

That was not the case in Monza and Abu Dabi.
    Yeah course....
    Forza Ferrari

Arrivabene was in charge when car was designed, so why you trying to blame someone else? Don't be stupid please.
    Everybody knows Binotto designed the car.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_SF90

LOL he overseen the design as chief technical officer under Arrivabene leadership...you are saying we got worse due to Binotto being leader....not the same thing is it....in fact you could take your claim we got better and better under Arrivabene and say we got better and better when Binotto replaced Allison.....Binotto is not a car designer.
    Forza Ferrari

taking Wikipedia into consideration???
    It will show current team-structure names not the previous one.
    Watch next year, if in feb anyone changes into any other role that will be placed. Not the person who actually got replaced.

To be frank, nobody admits it. There are 3 diff depts engine, aero, chief Technical all these engineers report to MA.
    Now there’s improvement in Cheif Technical dept Binotto got promoted & he’s been with ferrari for 25yrs.
    What about all the mistakes and problems? This one in qualy is just embarassing, both drivers not being able to compete because the car won't start. Even Williams doesn't have these kind of problems.

By the way it’s raining heavy on the track...!!

What about all the mistakes and problems? This one in qualy is just embarassing, both drivers not being able to compete because the car won't start. Even Williams doesn't have these kind of problems.
    If you are considering this one & calling Binotto incompetent ... then what about 2017 DNFs when MA took incharge ??? It was his first year ?

Bad you are comparing ferrari with Williams..!! Ferrari is the only team that is consistently threatened mercs every year.
    Williams 4-5sec off top teams, financially bankrupt, poor management.
    Where was McLaren last 4-5years? Now they are getting Into groove, it’s the time & belief in the team. They too made lot of changes. Still they have DNFs.