Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: German GP Hockenheim free practice & qualy

German GP Hockenheim free practice & qualy

Here's hoping for a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Here's hoping for a good weekend
    Here's expecting nothing.... So anything good will be beneficial

S1 and S2 are Ferrari territory (only 3 times coming off the full throttle), I have high hopes for this weekend. Should be good for Ferrari.

The weather will decide this race it's a mixed bag heat wave thunderstorms rain shorts to umbrellas lets see.

Mercedes are playing with us... The are extremely fast on the mediums

Tell us something new of course mercedes are playing games .Totto will say it's to hot etc etc etc then bang pole and bang again mercedes 1st and 2nd again.Then bang again Hamilton's victory speach.Thank you love you all really really tough out there today we had to work really really hard today bla bla.oh by the way vetal got third.I really want to be wrong please.

FP1 time nearly 3 secs off last year's pole, clearly meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    FP1 time nearly 3 secs off last year's pole, clearly meaningless.
    FP’s are meaningless from 2014. As in quali it’s 90% certain that mercs/Lewis takes the pole.
    Remaining 10% is of surprises that’s it. Ferrari & RB fall into that 10% category.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Here's expecting nothing.... So anything good will be beneficial
    True that....I ain’t expecting much either....ferrari did say that they’re not gonna bring any updat s to this race and that the car will pretty much be the same as 2 weeks ago.....so if anything we,ll be worse compared to Merc and red fools that both are bringing upgrades to this race
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

so sad, they have been sleeping many years, and their performance with up down like a wave stock market.

For once, our long run pace looking good. Although the track condition will change tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    For once, our long run pace looking good. Although the track condition will change tomorrow.
    like crofty say this conditions will be in raceday too

Reading the thread it is clear - we Ferrari fans are losing interest in this season races. Sad...

Can anybody tell me Wts the issue with US GP 2005? Only 6 cars start?? I would like to know the reason

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Can anybody tell me Wts the issue with US GP 2005? Only 6 cars start?? I would like to know the reason
    Too many years have passed for me to remember the exact details, it was an issue with the tyres Michelin brought to the race that were not able to deal with the lateral G's in certain turns:

From Wiki:

Following several tyre failures before the race, which caused major accidents for Ralf Schumacher's Toyota during Friday practice and Ricardo Zonta in the other Toyota, Michelin advised its seven customer teams that without a reduction in speed in Turn 13, the tyres provided for the race would only be safe for 10 laps. Michelin had been providing working tyres for the race since 2001. The situation was worsened by the 2005 Formula One rules, which forbade tyre changes during the race.

The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the sport's governing body, refused a compromise proposal from Michelin to allow a chicane to be installed, maintaining that such rule changes would be grossly unfair to the Bridgestone-shod teams, who had come prepared with properly working tyres, and that a last-minute change to the track layout would be dangerous in case of crashes. The Michelin teams, unable to come to a compromise with the FIA, decided not to participate. It was later stated that the Michelin-shod teams could have potentially exposed themselves to criminal liability under Indiana state law had they competed.[2] It was also thought, since Bridgestone also provided tyres to the Indy Racing League via its Firestone brand, it understood better the loads the tyres would be under. Thus Bridgestone was able to provide a proper tyre.

In a letter to FIA Race Director Charlie Whiting dated Saturday, June 18, Michelin representatives Pierre Dupasquier and Nick Shorrock revealed that they did not know the cause of the Toyota tyre failures, and unless the cars could be slowed down in Turn 13, they could not guarantee the tyres' safety for more than 10 laps.[10] Whiting replied on Sunday, June 19, expressing his surprise that Michelin had not brought suitable tyres, suggesting that the teams should limit their drivers to the maximum safe speed specified by Michelin in Turn 13. He also addressed several solutions which had been proposed by the teams, insisting that use of the new specification tyres flown in overnight would be "a breach of the rules to be considered by the stewards", and the placement of a chicane in the turn was "out of the question" – the race would not be sanctioned by the FIA (making it a non-championship race) if the track layout was changed. He deemed the Michelin teams' proposals to be "grossly unfair" to the Bridgestone teams.[11][better source needed]

In a second letter, also dated June 18, Dupasquier and Shorrock confirmed that they would not permit their teams to race on the Michelin tyres used during qualification without changes to the circuit, and reiterated their request to slow down Turn 13. Whiting's brief reply maintained that no such change would be permitted, and gave the teams the choice of limiting speeds through Turn 13, using tyres of a different specification to those used in qualifying, subject to a penalty, or changing tyres repeatedly, which would have been permitted if a driver's safety were at issue

The Michelin representatives stated their position that the tyres provided to the teams could not safely complete the race distance, and requested that the Bridgestone teams, represented by Stoddart and Jordan's Colin Kolles, permit the installation of a chicane in Turn 13. Those present discussed and agreed to reject the FIA's solution of speed-limiting the Michelin cars in the turn because of the potential for accidents. They likewise dismissed the possibility of making pit stops every ten laps, resolved that a chicane was the best solution, and instructed several technical representatives to prepare plans for its installation. Bernie Ecclestone volunteered to consult Todt, who had not come to the meeting, and the president of the FIA, Max Mosley, who was not present at the race, and reconvene the meeting when he had responses.[9]

Ecclestone returned at about 10:55 to inform the group that Todt had refused to agree to the chicane, maintaining that it was an FIA and a Michelin problem and not his. By the time Stoddart's account of the meeting was published, Todt had already denied that he had ever been consulted, but stated that, if asked, he would not have agreed to the chicane.[13] Furthermore, Ecclestone reported that Mosley had "stated that if any attempts were made to alter the circuit, he would cancel the Grand Prix forthwith".[
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Too many years have passed for me to remember the exact details, it was an issue with the tyres Michelin brought to the race that were not able to deal with the lateral G's in certain turns:

From Wiki:

Following several tyre failures before the race, which caused major accidents for Ralf Schumacher's Toyota during Friday practice and Ricardo Zonta in the other Toyota, Michelin advised its seven customer teams that without a reduction in speed in Turn 13, the tyres provided for the race would only be safe for 10 laps. Michelin had been providing working tyres for the race since 2001. The situation was worsened by the 2005 Formula One rules, which forbade tyre changes during the race.

The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the sport's governing body, refused a compromise proposal from Michelin to allow a chicane to be installed, maintaining that such rule changes would be grossly unfair to the Bridgestone-shod teams, who had come prepared with properly working tyres, and that a last-minute change to the track layout would be dangerous in case of crashes. The Michelin teams, unable to come to a compromise with the FIA, decided not to participate. It was later stated that the Michelin-shod teams could have potentially exposed themselves to criminal liability under Indiana state law had they competed.[2] It was also thought, since Bridgestone also provided tyres to the Indy Racing League via its Firestone brand, it understood better the loads the tyres would be under. Thus Bridgestone was able to provide a proper tyre.

In a letter to FIA Race Director Charlie Whiting dated Saturday, June 18, Michelin representatives Pierre Dupasquier and Nick Shorrock revealed that they did not know the cause of the Toyota tyre failures, and unless the cars could be slowed down in Turn 13, they could not guarantee the tyres' safety for more than 10 laps.[10] Whiting replied on Sunday, June 19, expressing his surprise that Michelin had not brought suitable tyres, suggesting that the teams should limit their drivers to the maximum safe speed specified by Michelin in Turn 13. He also addressed several solutions which had been proposed by the teams, insisting that use of the new specification tyres flown in overnight would be "a breach of the rules to be considered by the stewards", and the placement of a chicane in the turn was "out of the question" – the race would not be sanctioned by the FIA (making it a non-championship race) if the track layout was changed. He deemed the Michelin teams' proposals to be "grossly unfair" to the Bridgestone teams.[11][better source needed]

In a second letter, also dated June 18, Dupasquier and Shorrock confirmed that they would not permit their teams to race on the Michelin tyres used during qualification without changes to the circuit, and reiterated their request to slow down Turn 13. Whiting's brief reply maintained that no such change would be permitted, and gave the teams the choice of limiting speeds through Turn 13, using tyres of a different specification to those used in qualifying, subject to a penalty, or changing tyres repeatedly, which would have been permitted if a driver's safety were at issue

The Michelin representatives stated their position that the tyres provided to the teams could not safely complete the race distance, and requested that the Bridgestone teams, represented by Stoddart and Jordan's Colin Kolles, permit the installation of a chicane in Turn 13. Those present discussed and agreed to reject the FIA's solution of speed-limiting the Michelin cars in the turn because of the potential for accidents. They likewise dismissed the possibility of making pit stops every ten laps, resolved that a chicane was the best solution, and instructed several technical representatives to prepare plans for its installation. Bernie Ecclestone volunteered to consult Todt, who had not come to the meeting, and the president of the FIA, Max Mosley, who was not present at the race, and reconvene the meeting when he had responses.[9]

Ecclestone returned at about 10:55 to inform the group that Todt had refused to agree to the chicane, maintaining that it was an FIA and a Michelin problem and not his. By the time Stoddart's account of the meeting was published, Todt had already denied that he had ever been consulted, but stated that, if asked, he would not have agreed to the chicane.[13] Furthermore, Ecclestone reported that Mosley had "stated that if any attempts were made to alter the circuit, he would cancel the Grand Prix forthwith".[
    Thanks for the information.
    Saw DC, Kimi wanted to race but their teams passed radio message not to drive.
    Hmmm don’t know how I missed it.

It was a bizarre Sunday, however iirc, spectators were given refund by Michelin

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Reading the thread it is clear - we Ferrari fans are losing interest in this season races. Sad...
    It's been the same since HAM streaked ahead in the standings and it's no surprise that the threads have been quiet, our hopes have been dashed again big time...but I for one will still cling on in the hope that we can still mount a challenge and even win a race, despite all the negative feelings we're all experiencing. Win or lose, we are still tifosi and we don't ever surrender easily! P1-2 in FP 1/2 is at least encouraging, but the weather and Merc will probably intervene just when we look like having a chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's been the same since HAM streaked ahead in the standings and it's no surprise that the threads have been quiet, our hopes have been dashed again big time...but I for one will still cling on in the hope that we can still mount a challenge and even win a race, despite all the negative feelings we're all experiencing. Win or lose, we are still tifosi and we don't ever surrender easily! P1-2 in FP 1/2 is at least encouraging, but the weather and Merc will probably intervene just when we look like having a chance to shine.
    Mercs playing with us mate...don’t trust them especially that wolf Totto in sheep’s clothing as far as I can throw him

I’d be surprised if Hamster won’t take pole tomorrow and more importantly win the race on Sunday....but if it happens otherwise I’d be happier then $#/% if one of our boys would win on Sunday

We’ll see how the rest of the weekend will unveil
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

on a positive note, it does seem we are faster than Red Bull, at least I hope.

Redbull will be faster in the race as the tyres work better for them
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Redbull will be faster in the race as the tyres work better for them
    I'm feeling optimistic.
    Our luck by normal law of averages has to change.
    It's Hockenheim last year Seb lost it on a rainy track when he could have won.
    The tide needs to change and maybe this is the place to do it.
    Onwards and upwards.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    My friend and I were there. First GP I went to. We were not offered a refund. We were given the same seats for free for the 2006 USGP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Teams should respect the driver thoughts.
    Was watching some highlights of previous era races. Got this US GP n was shocked to see only 6 cars on grid.
    After the race kimi was saying “for a moment my radio could have been off”.
    DC was saying “I’ll take a risk”.

After all it’s racing.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    My friend and I were there. First GP I went to. We were not offered a refund. We were given the same seats for free for the 2006 USGP.

As Ferrari fans we are tired just like this forum.We have all contributed our thoughts our ideas our anger our frustrations and criticism we have truley given it our all.Save your energy and say what will be will be Ferrari have hit the bottom from there the only way is up.As for disappointment and final results wa all should be amune to this by now but as always good luck to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari have hit the bottom from there the only way is up. As for disappointment and final results wa all should be amune to this by now but as always good luck to the team.
    The bottom is where Williams are now.
    We cannot always expect to be at the top even though a few wins would be nice!!!
    But consistent podiums at most races so far isn't quite bottom.
    Tifosi never give up.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    The bottom is where Williams are now.
    We cannot always expect to be at the top even though a few wins would be nice!!!
    But consistent podiums at most races so far isn't quite bottom.
    Tifosi never give up.
    Well said

Good luck for the weekend Scuderia

lol, I should be used to this bias by now, but I can’t seem to get over it. It makes me both laugh and angry at the same time. Ferrari locking out the front row in both FP’s is not worthy of a headline. Obviously Hamilton’s Hollywood career is more important!

I really hope Ferrari can do something this weekend and get a much needed win. It would help the moral of the drivers, team, tifosi, this forum and F1 fans all around the world. Forza Seb and Leclerc!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~