Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: German GP Hockenheim - Race

So finally after 11 years, Toro Rosso got their 2nd podium. Will be celebrating till Abu Dhabi.

Also I have this good feeling even we got 2nd. Coz from P20 to P2 and Mercs double DNF. (Consider Hamilton as he is outside points finish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    Also I have this good feeling even we got 2nd. Coz from P20 to P2 and Mercs double DNF. (Consider Hamilton as he is outside points finish)
    I read that Alfa Romeo is under investigation and Hamilton may get 10th place.

with Hungary only a few days away, anyone making predictions?

I may be wrong but here were my observations from the race
    1: we are very very bad on corners, Charles was struggling and so was seb on corners compared to other cars
    2: Seb turbo issue or cooler i don't know but it was not solved, he was not able to overtake kimi and i think in last few laps he used quali mode.
    3: We got lucky this time and i hope we get more luck like lewis always gets so lucky but yes compared to merc we are really behind.
    4: Hungry as per my understanding will be tough but then we have a break so i am hoping that team brings some good upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think hungry will be tough for us and so for merc, they will face heating issues and we will face slow corner issues, redbull might win.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I read that Alfa Romeo is under investigation and Hamilton may get 10th place.
    Just as I was revelling in Seb's return to form, I read this, Alfa is my No2 team so I hope no penalties for RAI and GIO. But what a race and apart from Charles hitting the wall it was great entertainment. I don't blame him as even HAM managed to do the same, along with several others, but he could have won this race. After quali though, it was a huge relief to see Seb back on form but as I expected, there is now a real challenge from RB and Max. Better result than expected, shame it wasn't both cars there and for once no Merc points on the board unless it changes with Alfa getting penalised. Bravo Seb and for once some good strategy calls in rapidly changing situations, pity that our pit-stops are not always quick enough, though. RB will be a serious threat again in Hungary, let's hope our reliability doesn't hurt us again.

Seb says that the best indicator to go for slicks were the fans. He put his hand out to feel how big the rain drops were and he looked at the fans if they use the umbrellas or not (all during the race!). So then he made the call to go for slicks.

Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Seb says that the best indicator to go for slicks were the fans. He put his hand out to feel how big the rain drops were and he looked at the fans if they use the umbrellas or not (all during the race!). So then he made the call to go for slicks.

Vettel

Sebs 50th. podium for Ferrari

I would say in style

Forza Ferrari!!

Thanks and congratulations to Sebastiano for his dogged pursuit of 2nd from 20th! He needed this we know and so did the team! Too bad for Charles but still a very good second F1 season all in all
    so far and a win is sure to come soon-he must not lose heart! Was thinking of not watching but couldn't stay away as I hoped the rain would help by throwing a monkey wrench into matters and it did!
    Chaos was overcome but the team has to be good and return to a business as usual mindset and performance.

1) Mercedes
    2) Red Bull
    3) Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    1) Mercedes
    2) Red Bull
    3) Ferrari
    Probably, slow corners will kill ue

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Probably, slow corners will kill ue
    Ferrari improved in slow corners compared to Barcelona.

Watching race highlights.

Loud cheer was on 3 occasions
    1. Max took the lead
    2. Vettel took P3 n then to P2
    3. There was more cheer for other one ..... can anybody guess ???

OMG Lewis promoted to P9.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Vettel: We know what we have to improve and that’s what we are working on, but in the meantime I hope that people are a bit patient and give us patience and time. So in that regard it feels like a small victory.

Holly crap 30sec time penalty for both Alfa cars.
    Williams Kubica into P10

Mercedes International Assistance to the rescue again, how surprising?

Kimi & Gio drove superbly .... sad to see them out of points

They will leave no stone unturned to hand Lewis some free points. I am getting tired of the FIA messing with the results. Being very lenient on penalties when it concerns Lewis and being harsh when it concerns Ferrari. Although I must admit that Leclerc and Ferrari dodged one today with that fine.

Clean side will be crucial. Qualifying will be very close. During the race, it'll be follow-the-leader as usual. Finding a way to have one red car P2 or better at the end of lap one will be key. Vettel is usually excellent in Hungary, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Mercedes International Assistance to the rescue again, how surprising?
    Really??? yet they give Lewis a penalty also? strange and let Ferrari away with unsafe release, strange again...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Holly crap 30sec time penalty for both Alfa cars.
    Williams Kubica into P10
    The FIA will do anything to give Hamilton points....

I didn’t see the race, just catching up now. But Auguri to Ferrari and Seb, shame for Leclerc. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come! Forza Ferrari!

Side note - aren’t the races always better when Merc/Hamilton are no where? Always a Ferrari fan first, but any non-merc is a win for F1!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Really??? yet they give Lewis a penalty also? strange and let Ferrari away with unsafe release, strange again...
    What a random thing for the stewards to investigate though...if you ask me they where grasping at straws trying to salvage points for golden boy. Every point counts when handing him more titles! Investigating the race start? Really?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/points...alfas-demoted/

In the end Hamilton gets “lucky” as always. Point streak continues and extends his WDC lead. Sick.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

irregular torque at the start, is that a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    The FIA will do anything to give Hamilton points....

I didn’t see the race, just catching up now. But Auguri to Ferrari and Seb, shame for Leclerc. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come! Forza Ferrari!

Side note - aren’t the races always better when Merc/Hamilton are no where? Always a Ferrari fan first, but any non-merc is a win for F1!
    Any non-mercs win in this era is an absolute entertainment to majority of F1 fans.
    But what F1 need is close battle at the front whether it’s lewis/max/vettel/Leclerc anything. It’s a worth watch for F1 fans.
    The unpredictability brings you excitement, driver battles will give you edge of the seat action.

Unfortunately current F1 doesn’t have above two.

irregular torque at the start, is that a new one?
    Best part of the article:

“Regardless of whether there was an actual advantage, the Stewards determined that this was a clear breach of the guidance given to the teams as to how this would be adjudicated.”

Basically saying, we needed a clear way to give Hamilton points and this was the only thing we could come up with. According to the rules, it’s illegal for the pit wall to coach the drivers too - yet how many times has Hamilton asked or been coached from the pit wall on settings etc? That’s a driver aid too right? The bias continues, what a joke.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Sebastian Vettel #5

“That was quite a race. I enjoyed it even though it was a tricky race, something of a lottery. It was a very long one and I don’t even remember all of it. It was very tough at times, especially on the intermediates in the slippery conditions. I made up a lot of ground immediately after the start and in the first couple of laps, even though it was difficult to see. After that, it was quite hard to get into a rhythm as I did not feel so comfortable on the intermediates and their degradation was quite high. It was hard to tell if the lack of grip was because of the track being greasy or because the tyres were going off.
    To be honest in these kind of races you can’t count on anything until the last couple of laps. I think I was about P8 when the last safety car came out. There are so many decisions to make, but overall we stayed on track and in the race. In mixed conditions when it was starting to dry on the slicks I felt comfortable and that’s when we made up the most ground.”

Charles Leclerc #16

“It is a disappointing end to the weekend for me. After a good start, we worked our way forward in rather tricky conditions. The team did a great job and let me arrive in second place to fight for the win. The strategy was the right one and the car felt good.
    Unfortunately, I made a mistake in turn 16 and lost control of the car. I hit the wall and that was the end of my race. It’s a shame and I am sorry for the team and our fans. Seb did a great job today and his result is well-deserved.
    Our car and performance were strong all weekend, in both wet and dry conditions, which is a positive. We have to stay focused and we will give our best again at the next race in Hungary.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal

“What a race! The car worked well all weekend, in all conditions. Today it proved to be quick, even in the final part of the race in the dry on a much cooler track than we had to deal with in the extreme heat on Friday. That is definitely an important consideration, as was the fact it also went well in the wet.
    We are very happy for Seb as this fantastic second place is a great confidence boost. He has been in great form all weekend and today he produced a brilliant drive, coming through from the back of the field.
    As for Charles, he’s aware today was an opportunity missed, but he will get over it. There are plenty more races and there is no doubt that the guy is very quick and today he was delivering an extraordinary performance.
    It’s true that maybe we could have come away with more today, but that’s racing. Thanks go to all the crew in the garage who worked so hard to get the cars fixed this morning so they were ready to race. We’ve had some difficult moments, but it’s at times like these that you see what the team is made of and that’s the important thing.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What a random thing for the stewards to investigate though...if you ask me they where grasping at straws trying to salvage points for golden boy. Every point counts when handing him more titles! Investigating the race start? Really?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/points...alfas-demoted/

In the end Hamilton gets “lucky” as always. Point streak continues and extends his WDC lead. Sick.
    So you want them to ignore the rules and Alfa having a launch control system just cause it will give Lewis 2 points that really will make no difference to anything?
    Forza Ferrari

Rumour around the paddock, bottas gonna be replaced with another driver next season 2020 @philip Horton.

Max has performance clause if he doesn’t finish 3rd in WDC or winning car, then there move on either Mercs/ferrari.
    Jos Verstappen had negotiations with mercs management in Austria GP.