Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP free practice & qualy

It's obvious how frustrated we're all getting by the tone of some these posts and we can't seem to see any light at the end of the tunnel since RB have come to the fore and are now closer to Merc than we are. The weather conditions in FP2 mean that the times are hardly representative but we have our work cut out for quali and the race, that's a certainty. We live in hope, any WDC/WCC hopes have long gone and we will fight even harder as we have nothing to lose, except our pride!

A top 3 finish would do me sign off on the first half of season have summer break and come back hard for the 2nd half of the year lots of power hungry circuits await Ferrari.��

I for one, think that's OK to not show a strong hand during FP1, FP2 or even FP3 if that means running the engine too hard at the risk of weakening some of its parts just for kicks or bragging rights. Look what happened in previous GPs where we showed great pace in Free Practice but we basically sucked in qualy and the race. It's not such a great idea to throw all the meat on the BBQ on Fridays and early Sats.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    I for one, think that's OK to not show a strong hand during FP1, FP2 or even FP3 if that means running the engine too hard at the risk of weakening some of its parts just for kicks or bragging rights. Look what happened in previous GPs where we showed great pace in Free Practice but we basically sucked in qualy and the race. It's not such a great idea to throw all the meat on the BBQ on Fridays and early Sats.
    i tend to agree with you to some extend on this....but last race and the one b4 that even though we showed really good pace in Free practices, we had the car especially last race to put it on POLE.....but our reliability on BOTH cars denyed that....so we'll see where we stand against the Merc and Red fulls this Quali and especially race pace compared to them...

Forza FERRARI....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

If not us, I’ll be rooting for Verstappen

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    If not us, I’ll be rooting for Verstappen
    I don't!!
    He is a very talented driver BUT he has such a big ego that I dont like . And every time he has a good result he and some other people from his team and even his fans, start saying that he is the best driver on the grid!!!
    And to all this comes the rivalry he has with Lec. For me Charles is better then him. Not by much because I accept that Max is also very very good also(one of the best). So every time he has a better result then Lec again he and everybody else think that he is clearly better
    Take Silverstone first example. There to me Lec sawed much better skills because we didnt have good pace and red bull was much faster but still Lec made brilliant moves to defend and max never managed to pass him.
    So for all this ,NO I dont want Max to have a good result.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

If I have to choose between Lewis 6xWDC or Max 1xWDC I will definitely go with Max 1xWDC. Seriously, I'm tired of Toto's happy face and Lewis record breaker, I want to see someone else get it. I don't like Max antics / arrogance either and yes Leclerc will get better than him once he gets the needed experience but until we manage to build the right car I'll go with Max. If he gets the win in Hungary and Honda deliver a bullet proof +25HP upgrade starting with Spa, Max has the potential to give Merc some hell.

This Hungarian GP thread here in our Ferrari forum is all about Lewis, Merc, R Bull and Max. All about what's happening now with f-1 . Great interesting input for sure. The way it should be. I don't ever see Max being anything but happy and proud of his win results and podiums. He talks about his competitors , both the teams and drivers as it actually is. All close, as far as who wins races etc. I don't see him or any other driver needing to apologize when they win; or podium , or just finish in the top 4. He never discounts Seb or Ferrari as being right up there as far as his competing against R Bull and Merc goes. So far this season it's Lewis and Max as top drivers in the cars on the track . The rest is just sour grapes, who cares ?

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Such a redneck trump supporting statement...disagree with someone on the forum and the first thing you go for is attacking them personally..... "sOuNdS liKe SoMeOne NeEdS a SaFe SpAcE" "sHoW Us On ThE DoLl wHeRe TheY HurT yOu" dude grow tf up you MAGA DA! No need to get stupid on a FERRARI forum, unless that of course that's just how you are...dur di durrrr... find that little backbane that you have and actually support the Team. for christ sakes you signed up to their dam forum, whatd you expect? a bunch of guys that are gonne be blasting Ferrari on the daily? SUPPORT YOUR BOYS THROUGH THICK AND THIN
    #rantover#notexpectingacleverresponsefromWS6#gobac ktoINDY
    Is it raining or not?

Perhaps Ferrari really are sandbagging this time?

Considering the reliability issues they had in the previous qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Is it raining or not?
    Slightly overcast, 23C, but no rain today and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    He's only 41 points behind Hamilton. It could be possible if Hamilton has another bad race or two. Only halfway through the season now.

The Sf90 looks planted and Vettel seems to have some of his confidence back.. Early days still but qualy will be close!

Sector 1:

Vet 27.535
    Lec 27.748
    Max 27.811
    Ham 27.961
    Bot 27.993

Sector 2:

Ham 27.505
    Bot 27.525
    Max 27.527
    Vet 27.755
    Lec 27.756

Sector 3:

Ham 21.585
    Max 21.671
    Bot 21.743
    Vet 21.944
    Lec 22.064

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Sector 1:

Vet 27.535
    Lec 27.748
    Max 27.811
    Ham 27.961
    Bot 27.993

Sector 2:

Ham 27.505
    Bot 27.525
    Max 27.527
    Vet 27.755
    Lec 27.756

Sector 3:

Ham 21.585
    Max 21.671
    Bot 21.743
    Vet 21.944
    Lec 22.064
    Speedtraps per sector?

Unfortunately it looks like a pattern has established with Red Bull having evolved a lot and being right there with the Mercs,AND us being clearly the 3rd force!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leclerc's raw speed is pretty much up there with the best, I wonder what he could've done with last years SF71-H...

FP3 best sectors (Ferrari vs Merc vs Max)

Sector 1:

Vet 27.240
    Lec 27.345
    Bot 27.494
    Max 27.531
    Ham 27.638

Sector 2:

Max 26.931
    Bot 27.018
    Ham 27.027
    Lec 27.100
    Vet 27.158

Sector 3:

Ham 21.388
    Max 21.443
    Bot 21.538
    Vet 21.768
    Lec 21.783

top 3 are pretty close, pole seems wide open, this race was always going to be hard to predict.

We are much closer than I expected , we will see how it goes in quali.

good time by Norris.

How are we so slow in S3? It's not too dissimilar from S1, just shorter straights, but you still get on the power three times. That's just too much. Either way, if we split Bottas onto the dirty side of the grid in P3/P5 then that's a good qualifying on this track this season. I doubt Seb has a pole lap in him, even though he seems very strong this weekend, the DF doesn't seem to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    How are we so slow in S3? It's not too dissimilar from S1, just shorter straights, but you still get on the power three times. That's just too much. Either way, if we split Bottas onto the dirty side of the grid in P3/P5 then that's a good qualifying on this track this season. I doubt Seb has a pole lap in him, even though he seems very strong this weekend, the DF doesn't seem to be there.
    Probably something fundamentally wrong with this car

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

Best drivers of top 3 teams are looking in good touch. As things stand, this looks like the qualifying order -

1) Hamilton
    2) Verstappen
    3) Vettel
    4) Bottas
    5) Leclerc
    6) Gasly

When party mode comes into play, Hamilton will get a safe P1. Ferrari's own mode may allow Vettel to have a serious shot at P2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post

tyres at the back probably too hot, and the front tyres remain cold.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    tyres at the back probably too hot, and the front tyres remain cold.
    Track is 42C now, it was 34-35 at FP3.
    Strong wind.

Good luck to Seb and Charles

Seriously Charles ???