Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Hungarian GP free practice & qualy

As said earlier, we are good for 3rd row. Ferrari still has issues in S2&S3.
    Good job max, that RB is now the best car on track.

Ferrari should focus on next year

Quali result not unexpected to be honest, and lucky that Charles didn't cause another quali disaster in Q1. Hopefully Max will rattle the Mercs and while they're fighting maybe it will help us, but our long run pace is not brilliant and the downforce lacking compared to RB and Merc. Depressing that we still can't get a break and so many lost opportunities already this season, but it is what it is.

Ferrari concluded that they have a lack of downforce again. What a surprise. You aren’t going to solve that with a single winglet change in the last 3 races. Other teams changed half of their car already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    As said earlier, we are good for 3rd row. Ferrari still has issues in S2&S3.
    Good job max, that RB is now the best car on track.

Ferrari should focus on next year
    I do not think Red Bull is better than Mercedes. It's just that Max is doing an excellent job. See how far Gasly is.

Lots of negatives but at least we have softs for a late-race SC/VSC situation, might as well try 2x medium and one stint soft tomorrow. Also, there's of course a remote possiblity that an under-pressure Bottas could go full-tilt and take both Hammy and Max out in turn one. Even so, from P4 and P5 we might be able to complicate Mercedes' race with an epic start for one of our guys. It'd be hilarious if Hammy got stuck in P4 or P5 behind one or both of our cars and started melting down on the radio as he usually does in that situation.

Realistically, P4/P5 would be a decent yield tomorrow though, hopefully Gasly is far enough back for one of our guys to get the fastest lap with fresh tyres at the end.

Get some points and wrap up this half of a very difficult season.When you go down a certain development path and realise that you were purely engine focused and forgot about or did not really worry about the chassis then this is the result at best.Red bull have shown just how good there design is it's a car for all circuits where Ferrari is power only focused.Unfortunately points for the best engine are not on offer in fi.

If mercedes try to sandwich verstapen in turn 1 they will come of second best max does not lay down.Hamilton said he will take the fight to max in turn 1. Without the butler doing his part for Lewis perfectly it's going to be hard.possability of lap 1 carnage lets hope spicing things up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Ferrari concluded that they have a lack of downforce again. What a surprise. You aren’t going to solve that with a single winglet change in the last 3 races. Other teams changed half of their car already.

It really strikes me as odd to see the relative lack of development compared to the other teams. Even RacingPoint seem to have major updates. Does Ferrari just not know what to do? Have they given up? They claim to know the problem, is there no one in the team who can offer up a solution?

I’m expecting Bottas takes out Max at the start and Lewis cruises to an easy win. Why? Because that seems to be his luck.

actually if you think about it, Max's wins have always come when he wasn't on pole.
    So this time he probably won't win lol.

I'm sorry to say it, but as things are now with our performance, I'm actually glad that we have the summer break and we dont have another race for a month. Not that I expect anything for later !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I wonder if Ferrari will use the philosophy of SF-71H next half this season.

Good effort from both of our drivers. Too bad the car sucked.

If Ferrari can't preserve some of Schumacher's records by beating Hamilton, I hope Verstappen does.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post

If Ferrari can't preserve some of Schumacher's records by beating Hamilton, I hope Verstappen does.
    i have to agree with you....can't stand when that Hamster keeps getting closer to Michaels records.....poles, wins, WDC's......etc
    lets hope Max and red fulls can put a halt to that.....until Ferrari finally delivers a championship winning car for Charles.....cause my hopes for Seb delivering have suddenly evaporated....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    I do not think Red Bull is better than Mercedes. It's just that Max is doing an excellent job. See how far Gasly is.
    Partially agree with you, till 2 races ago. RB gave a different spec car to gasly. In German GP, he got the new one similar to max.
    Remember, RB is good at developing their car. Now that max has a clause & there’s Immense pressure on RB to deliver him best package. That’s what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post

Agreed. If Ferrari have no chance for now, I will be supporting Verstappen.

Lot of unnoticed that bottas did out quali Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Lot of unnoticed that bottas did out quali Ham.
    Throwing him a favorite @ quali once in a while is much better for Merc than paying a few million more to hang around. Bottas is already at $8,million 500 thousand. Where can he go and get that $$ ?
    Last edited by Brembo; 27th August 2019 at 04:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Throwing him a favorite @ quali once in a while is much better for Merc than paying a few million more to hang around. Bottas is already at $8,million 500 thousand. Where can he go and get that $$ ?
    He outqualified him fair and square. Noone did him a favor.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    He outqualified him fair and square. Noone did him a favor.
    The fact that Bottas out qualified him fair and square only proves that it's not Lewis' car that gets the wins & poles, it's the driver doing the job. Again "You can't win them all !" Bottas has as good a car as Lewis, the rest is up to the driver, if their allowed to race each other without team orders. Just a memory, in 2002 the difference in points 10 for 1st, 6, pts. for 2nd pl. Imagine for 4 pts. having to give up a win .
    Last edited by Brembo; 31st August 2019 at 03:29.