Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Embarrassing...absolutely embarrassing. Yes we finished P3 and P4 but so what....more than a minute behind Hamilton.

Should've ditched this useless concept a long time ago, but didn't. Because their simulations, which I am pretty sure is also useless, showed them that nothing is wrong with the concept. The only thing that is keeping Ferrari ahead of the mid-field is the engine, because chassis wise I don't our car is ahead of the Mclaren.
    I agree. If they ditched the concept they would have had it solved by now. They said it would have taken months to solve, months passed, but still nothing to solved, because we are still sticking with this crappy concept.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Agree it should have been Charles on the podium but we still get 27 points either way. All we could hope for today.
    Right! Maximum score for us this weekend

Great race, very exciting!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    To think we used to get poles on merit in Monaco, Hungary and Singapore not so long ago...
    It's really amazing just how much the team has improved since 2014, and how far it has fallen off since last year.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Vettel with the superior strategy. Really should have been Leclerc's podium.
    There was no superior strategy. Before the first pitstop, Vettel was only 1.2 behind Leclerc, closed down a 1.5 sec within 3 laps (he was 2.8 seconds behind)

I think pace wise there was no difference, but Seb was definitely better at looking after his tyres.

There was no superior strategy. Before the first pitstop, Vettel was only 1.2 behind Leclerc, closed down a 1.5 sec within 3 laps (he was 2.8 seconds behind)

I think pace wise there was no difference, but Seb was definitely better at looking after his tyres.
    You're probably right.

Disappointed Since 2010

At least Mick Schumacher won in F2, so that's something positive.

A bit of good news , is Spa and Monza next. Hopefully , they produce a spec B car after these GPs badly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always next year or 2021...or 2022 :)
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

It's really amazing just how much the team has improved since 2014, and how far it has fallen off since last year.
    The engine seemed to be the problem in 2014, after all Alonso came within an inch of winning in Hungary and was a tenth or so off pole in Singapore. Now it's the other way round. At least, the engine has been fast enough to enable three poles on power tracks and we've had two wins stolen by the (ma)FIA stewards but it's definitely not a morale-booster.

We need to take engine four AND five in Singapore and just write it off and start running the engines on peak mode throughout the races. That way we might have some RBR-esque fun in Russia, Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi. Otherwise if we don't we may as well stay in Maranello after Monza.

so how will RB feel, opportunity missed or Ham in the Merc was just too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so how will RB feel, opportunity missed or Ham in the Merc was just too fast.
    Merc too fast. Verstappen was driver of the weekend.

Anyways it’s a good race ... saw ham Vs max battle.
    Good strategy by mercs team.
    Poor show from ferrari, on a track where we used to be fastest became worst of top3.

Lec improved his quali performances ....also needs to improve his race pace I mean looking after his tyres.
    He will get on with it.

Next two races. Ferrari should get 1-2 finish at least to build a gap on RB in WCC. After that it’s a catch up for ferrari.

Embarrassing...absolutely embarrassing. Yes we finished P3 and P4 but so what....more than a minute behind Hamilton.

Singapore is the 3rd race from now. Mercedes and Red Bull will introduce a 3 tenth upgrade, 28 corners and those are really slow corners, Ferrari may as well abandon that race. When was the last time Ferrari was lapped?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Singapore is the 3rd race from now. Mercedes and Red Bull will introduce a 3 tenth upgrade, 28 corners and those are really slow corners, Ferrari may as well abandon that race. When was the last time Ferrari was lapped?
    Probably 2014 the season that didn't happen for me. I didn't watch a single race, except Alonso leading in Hungary. Otherwise I pretended that it didn't happen.

Forget about winning a title soon, RB is catching up and I won't be surprised if the next winning cicle is for RB.

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    A bit of good news , is Spa and Monza next. Hopefully , they produce a spec B car after these GPs badly!

Not going to happen. This year we cant introduce a single good upgrade and you are talking about B-spec !!!!!?????!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

This years woes shows how good those 2017-2018 cars were, chassis wise. Ferrari dominated all the high-downforce tracks, and if we take 2017 Hungarian GP in to account, Mercedes was faster than Ferrari in S1 and matching in S2, but Ferrari had 0.2-0.4sec advantage over Mercedes in S3. Same story last year, although the Merc was definitely improved quite a lot but still, Ferrari had the upper hand over Mercedes in slow-speed corners.

But this year it is completely opposite. Out winter testing-hyped outwash concept is failed, they need to suck up their pride and copy Mercedes, as Red Bull and Mclaren have done.

This years woes shows how good those 2017-2018 cars were, chassis wise. Ferrari dominated all the high-downforce tracks, and if we take 2017 Hungarian GP in to account, Mercedes was faster than Ferrari in S1 and matching in S2, but Ferrari had 0.2-0.4sec advantage over Mercedes in S3. Same story last year, although the Merc was definitely improved quite a lot but still, Ferrari had the upper hand over Mercedes in slow-speed corners.

But this year it is completely opposite. Out winter testing-hyped outwash concept is failed, they need to suck up their pride and copy Mercedes, as Red Bull and Mclaren have done.
    Ferrari already in process of developing such thing the copy of Mercs FW. It takes time. Ignore this year.
    With that copy FW & current engine, ferrari should be strong next year.

But what’s imp is ferrari should make FW work on their car

too bad for Max and the neutrals. He probably needed this win to keep up a real title challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post

But nothing stays static in F1. Everyone will bring major upgrades at SPA, and the amount of working upgrades Ferrari have introduced in the last 4-5 years, well let's just say I'm not that confident about SPA or Monza.

Also looking at the live-timing today, our sector 1 advantage, that we had in qualifying, was missing. It seems Ferrari can only run the engine at it's full power during Q2 and Q3.

Suck it up race fans it is what it is this was as good as it could be to many corners we lost so much time.

What to say.... Expected, borring... you name it...

Great seeing Seb on the podium twice in a row. Max needs to stay off pole ! It's bad luck for him! I really thought he had the chance big time to win. So that's 81 wins, 144 podiums , 87 poles, and going strong. Be it luck , the car, driving , it looks like Lewis is got it all in his favor.

But nothing stays static in F1. Everyone will bring major upgrades at SPA, and the amount of working upgrades Ferrari have introduced in the last 4-5 years, well let's just say I'm not that confident about SPA or Monza.

Also looking at the live-timing today, our sector 1 advantage, that we had in qualifying, was missing. It seems Ferrari can only run the engine at it's full power during Q2 and Q3.
    It wouldn't make sense driving with a turned up engine in a race like this. It wouldn't surprise me if both drivers were told to sacrifice about 0.3 seconds per lap of engine performance just to get to the flag in one piece since there was nothing to gain from it. I really doubt our actual pace was this slow. Alonso infamously got himself lapped in Barcelona 2011 because he just cruised around going for the safe points, which I think was a P4 that day. Had Bottas not had a meltdown and stayed out with his front wing in P5, I think both our guys would've had a faster race time because there was a necessity. So long as both drivers turn down their engines equally there's no benefit or loss for either.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 4th August 2019 at 16:41.

I don't hold with the strategy argument that favours Seb on this occasion, he just did a better job with the tyres. It doesn't excuse the rubbish pace of the cars, we all know the lack of downforce is our biggest weakness and consequently the drivers are having to over-drive to be competitive in quali and the race, hence so many mistakes. It was embarrassing today but you can't dismiss P3/4 as a complete failure, we weren't lapped and there was little point trying to catch Max and HAM when they were so far ahead, so we got some good points. Trouble is so did RB who are edging towards us. Sky hardly mentioned the Ferraris all race or in the post-race show and when they did they all criticised our development and organisational paths. We knew this circuit wouldn't suit the SF90's shortcomings and I'm not even convinced that Spa or Monza will play into our hands, the car is ultimately a one-trick pony in a straight line and useless around corners and it won't change this season as the design is flawed. Have a good summer break everyone, I think we all need it!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    What a strategy by mercs...!! Such was pace advantage
    Vettel with the superior strategy. Really should have been Leclerc's podium.
    When Ferrari makes an alternative strategy work instead of just following each other and everyone else, it is "should have been Leclerc's win". When Mercedes does the same thing, it is "what a strategy".

Vettel was at least as fast as Leclerc in the first stint if he wasn't getting hold up. And he made the alternative (we call it "alternative" because it is slower in the end and was not even plan B, it was plan C) strategy work through pace and tyre management at which Leclerc himself admitted to have kinda sucked. Leclerc should pray that he didn't get a penalty for the incident with Bottas in this race and got let off on an open-and-shut case of unsafe release in the last race too.
    And some of you guys who have some irrational issues when it comes to Vettel can be happy when he leaves Ferrari for Red Bull again and Ferrari is left with a rookie driver along with whomever they can find and convince to come race for them (Bottas? Raikkonen? Giovinazzi?) despite their downward trend as a team. I'm sure you would prefer wallowing in self pity and irrational hatred towards others for being successful when you can just accept Vettel along with everyone else working for Ferrari.
    Last edited by Rob; 4th August 2019 at 17:56.

Mercs gonna replace bottas with Ocon next year. Rosberg confirmed it on RTL

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mercs gonna replace bottas with Ocon next year. Rosberg confirmed it on RTL
    so has VB a seat somewhere else or is he leaving F1?