Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    When Ferrari makes an alternative strategy work instead of just following each other and everyone else, it is "should have been Leclerc's win". When Mercedes does the same thing, it is "what a strategy".

Vettel was at least as fast as Leclerc in the first stint if he wasn't getting hold up. And he made the alternative (we call it "alternative" because it is slower in the end and was not even plan B, it was plan C) strategy work through pace and tyre management at which Leclerc himself admitted to have kinda sucked. Leclerc should pray that he didn't get a penalty for the incident with Bottas in this race and got let off on an open-and-shut case of unsafe release in the last race too.
    And some of you guys who have some irrational issues when it comes to Vettel can be happy when he leaves Ferrari for Red Bull again and Ferrari is left with a rookie driver along with whomever they can find and convince to come race for them (Bottas? Raikkonen? Giovinazzi?) despite their downward trend as a team. I'm sure you would prefer wallowing in self pity and irrational hatred towards others for being successful when you can just accept Vettel along with everyone else working for Ferrari.
    Great post Erinha
    Last edited by Rob; 4th August 2019 at 17:56.

. When Ferrari makes an alternative strategy work instead of just following each other and everyone else, it is "should have been Leclerc's win". When Mercedes does the same thing, it is "what a strategy".

Vettel was at least as fast as Leclerc in the first stint if he wasn't getting hold up. And he made the alternative (we call it "alternative" because it is slower in the end and was not even plan B, it was plan C) strategy work through pace and tyre management at which Leclerc himself admitted to have kinda sucked. Leclerc should pray that he didn't get a penalty for the incident with Bottas in this race and got let off on an open-and-shut case of unsafe release in the last race too.
    And some of you guys who have some irrational issues when it comes to Vettel can be happy when he leaves Ferrari for Red Bull again and Ferrari is left with a rookie driver along with whomever they can find and convince to come race for them (Bottas? Raikkonen? Giovinazzi?) despite their downward trend as a team. I'm sure you would prefer wallowing in self pity and irrational hatred towards others for being successful when you can just accept Vettel along with everyone else working for Ferrari.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mercs gonna replace bottas with Ocon next year. Rosberg confirmed it on RTL
    Yeah so that basically means Seb will be with us next year too. The rumour was that Max was going to join Merc(which didn't happen most likely because Lewis vetoed it), Seb returning to Redbull and Ricciardo to Ferrari in case Seb was leaving us.

Replacing experienced Bottas with inexperienced Ocon would be a bold move.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    too bad for Max and the neutrals. He probably needed this win to keep up a real title challenge.
    Yes. It was crucial for Max to win this race, to beat Lewis where his car was the strongest and give him a bit of a shake. Honda will bring that +25hp engine upgrade either in Spa or Monza and I fear that by the time we will be rolling with our superior engine on those tracks Max might come on top of both Ferrari and Merc but it's likely that it will be a bit too late for him to catch Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Yeah so that basically means Seb will be with us next year too. The rumour was that Max was going to join Merc(which didn't happen most likely because Lewis vetoed it), Seb returning to Redbull and Ricciardo to Ferrari in case Seb was leaving us.
    Currently there’s no option for vettel & Max.
    1) Max move to merc will be vetoed by Lewis
    2) Vettel if he wants to make a move there’s no other top car for him.

Dr. Helmut marko made an interesting comment other day, Vettel’s move will trigger the driver market & Max next step.
    So I reckon vettel will stay with ferrari till 2020 n then take it from there. Either retire at ferrari or go to RB, because if max can’t win with Honda next year, he will make a move. Which opens up RB’s driving seat, so vettel might prefer to go RB as 2021 Reg changes can be anybody’s game..... so it’s upto max decision which team he would prefer either ferrari or mercs. I’m thinking the later is the choice for him
    Lec will get contract extension till 3-5yrs at least.
    I’m sensing come 2021 there will be different line up in RB, ferrari, mercs.

There is a very high possibility that Seb will retire at the end of next year. If that doesn't happen then this will happen in 2021:

Seb to Red Bull partnered with Kvyat
    Verstappen to Mercedes alongside Hamilton
    Leclerc having Ricciardo as his teammate at Ferrari

Why is everyone here against Seb, and looking for his replacement? Give man a break! Instead what we need is that Ferrari finaly build car and team competitive to fight for CWC and WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Why is everyone here against Seb, and looking for his replacement? Give man a break! Instead what we need is that Ferrari finaly build car and team competitive to fight for CWC and WDC.
    Vettel will stay no worries. Ferrari needs to give a strong car to their drivers. At least one of them would get the top step, which we all are waiting for.

Thing is we have two strong drivers consistent & united unlike other top teams.

https://ca.motorsport.com/f1/news/ve...cedes/4508260/

We all get excited for a different outcome from race to race, but in the end of the day Merc has plenty in the tank and get to use it when needed. Verstappen even called out their advantage in this article above. It’s sad really, there is zero competition for Hamilton. Bottas is a useless gp2 Butler, and no other team can even come close. It’s sad, it’s a joke, it’s a farce. We come here to complain about Ferrari and how incompetent they are, however no one in this turbo era will ever mount a serious challenge against Mercedes. It’s a all a joke. Stop complaining about Ferrari, and start complaining about the system. Mercedes will another 2-3 titles without breaking a sweat, all the while acting like “Ferrari are a threat, RedBull have speed”, “we are worried about x-y-z” bs, fake. Everyone, stop watching, stop hating on Ferrari, don’t come back until 2021 at a minimum. So sad. If you can’t see the advantage Merc has and has had for the last 6 years and still has in the bag when needed, I feel really sorry for you. Testing every year is a joke - “Ferrari are fastest” - come Australia Merc 1+ second ahead - “we really developed the car” when? In 2015?

End rant/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Completely agree with you Stefa

Have a safe trip home!

When Ferrari makes an alternative strategy work instead of just following each other and everyone else, it is "should have been Leclerc's win". When Mercedes does the same thing, it is "what a strategy".

Nobody said, "it should have been Leclerc's win." I'm tired of seeing Ferrari conveniently forget about their second driver, which happens all too frequently.

What happened between Leclerc and Bottas was a racing incident, pure and simple, and what does an unsafe release have to do with ANY driver, for that matter? It's always the team's fault because they give the signal to go.

I have no "irrational hatred" toward Vettel. That is absolutely ridiculous. He has become an incredibly likable guy since joining Ferrari and anyone's who is a Ferrari fan wants to see him and his teammate win EVERY race. Many fans are frustrated and tired of the errors he has made dating back to early last season and perceive him as no longer up to the task if provided with a competitive car. There is nothing "irrational" about that.

The bottom line is that the car sucks, there is no management at the top, and the team has fallen flat on its face since Marchionne's death.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ferrari have a big problem with aerodynamic and suspension for 10 years. Always the same story. If they don’t bring same new people from the Red Bull or Mercedes like they did in Schumacher era, they will be behind Mercedes, Red Bull ....I don’t know what happening with the team but something is very wrong. Develop is a slow and if they don’t have very good engine they will be behind mclaren ... Two very big problem:aerodynamic- downforce and suspension for 10 years. �� For the future I’m not optimistic. If they bring peoples like Aldo Costa or Andry Newy then ok but 1min behind Mercedes and Red Bull this is crazy. The same as at beginning at Australia, Barcelona ....

And binotto always spoke that they have problems with vertical downforce!!! Now we are middle of the season and the problem is the same

Everyone always gets on the drives. As if it’s all their fault. I bet if you gave Seb the 2019 Merc he would win the title. There is only so much you can do when you are given a knife and told to jump into the gun fight.

What to say.... Expected, borring... you name it...
    Told you not to watch lol

Ferrari have an obligation as an organisation of large scale proportions to provide our drivers with a great f1 car this is a Ferrari problem not a driver problem.Mr Binnotto wants to analyze the first half of the years performance it's simple it's a failure for Ferrari. When a development path is wrong there is no fix all you can do is patch up work along the way and hope for the best.This is Ferraris archillies heel for the remainder of 2019 boy oh boy they certainly got this one wrong.

The Scuderia has degraded to such a lowly level where it could benefit financially. Case in point, with such sub-par hardware it really doesn't matter who's at the wheel, really. So why pay huge salaries to our drivers when everybody knows that both championships are out of the question for many years to come, it seems? The really smart thing to do would be to recruit sponsored drivers that would actually bring money into Ferrari's arks.

WOW......58 SECONDS BEHIND MERC AND REDBULL.....WOW, JUST WOW.....we're ABSOLUTELY nowhere on these HIGH downforce tracks....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari pay high salaries because they can how else would you attract top drivers to Ferrari.They have failed there drivers so they are remunerated for being test mules for there constant failures on there f1 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    WOW......58 SECONDS BEHIND MERC AND REDBULL.....WOW, JUST WOW.....we're ABSOLUTELY nowhere on these HIGH downforce tracks....
    And Binotto can say whatever he likes but things are getting worse. Spain, another pure high downforce track, was a struggle but not at this extent. Even in Silverstone, which is a medium downforce track, Ferrari was third best.

I fear Singapore is going to be even more embarrassing for Ferrari, wouldn't be surprised to see them getting lapped there.

At least Spa will be better for us due to the power hungry circuit, at least I hope

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And Binotto can say whatever he likes but things are getting worse. Spain, another pure high downforce track, was a struggle but not at this extent. Even in Silverstone, which is a medium downforce track, Ferrari was third best.

I fear Singapore is going to be even more embarrassing for Ferrari, wouldn't be surprised to see them getting lapped there.
    Keep trust on him, he will deliver. Next year we would be in better position than the current one.

Keep trust on him, he will deliver. Next year we would be in better position than the current one.
    That sounds familiar.... Where did I heard it before?

2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 ?????
    When will it end?

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    When will it end?
    In all these years which you mentioned, ferrari is the only team that Is consistent competitive to its rivals.
    2010-13 era ferrari vs RB
    2014-2019 era mercs vs Ferrari.

Look at McLaren, Williams, Renault where are they ?

We keep hearing that year over year since the Domenicali days.....just like broken record
    I,m yet to witness a fast ferrari out of the box, AND keep the development pace throughout the year....the last time we witness3d that was back in 2008 when there was unlimited track testing in Fiorano.....ever since that stoppe, we’ve been in the dark and hit and miss....well mostly miss in our performance on track

Sad but definitely true....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    When will it end?
    You forgot 2009.....ferrari really got crippled when the unlimited track testing on fiorano stopped at the end of 2008.....we either don’t have as advanced tools such as a state of the art wind tunnel and CFD software like our competitors do, OR were just plain simple, incompetent

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    You forgot 2009.....
    I deliberately left that one out since Felipe had his accident that year and we didn't get a suitable reliable replacement!!!!
    My take on our recurring problem.
    you look at the management of the three top teams.......... RB and Merc have had a stable management structure.
    Christian Horner and Adrian Newey have been at the team since 2005.
    Toto Wolff joined Merc in 2013
    Ferrari since 2007 are on their 4th manager.
    I believe that a stable consistent management structure provides results.
    Maybe this is our problem.

Forza Jules

Look at McLaren, Williams, Renault where are they ?
    Not in the same league as the three top teams at the minute but if we don't do something pronto Macca could overtake us.
    I would like to add that I am a passionate Ferrari lover and would defend our team against all of the above and often do when in discussion with supporters of the teams you mentioned.
    But on a Ferrari website where we all love the team anyway I feel we can also air our views and fears.

Forza Jules