Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Belgium GP: Free Practice & Qualifying

Tomorrow Leclerc and Vettel must work together at the start, last year's tow on the straight gave opportunity to 4 cars.

Mega lap by Charles and Lewis the hypocrite wines about creating traffic haha.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Leclerc drove well but you would be deluded to think that Leclerc is faster and better driver than Vettel.
    I think Charles is faster

Leclerc drove well but you would be deluded to think that Leclerc is faster and better driver than Vettel.
    Only one who is deluded his you buddy. Out-qualified by 7 tenths, absolute thrashing.

Tomorrow Leclerc and Vettel must work together at the start, last year's tow on the straight gave opportunity to 4 cars.
    I just hope your idol doesn't take out Charles at the start, with his mediocre race craft it is quite possible. Also Hamilton is behind him so we know Vettel will even more restless at the start

No dillusion he is the next big thing I have said this before.Give Charles an all round fi car and he will do the business.

Vettel has advantage with huge Kemmel straight right after Eau Rouge

the question now of course is who will have the better race pace.

Fantastic lap by Leclerc, he’s very good at quali.
    Vettel lost huge chunk of time in S2 alone following Ham. Last year P2 was good for him...!!

Race pace is the worry for ferrari...!! Hope they keep their positions intact & don’t give chance to Ham.

tyre strategy will be interesting.

Cmon Ferrari, lap at least the fifth fastest car at the chequered flag tomorrow. This is our redemption!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btw, Charles is now leading Seb 3-1 for poles this season.

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    Cmon Ferrari, lap at least the fifth fastest car at the chequered flag tomorrow. This is our redemption!
    Winning would be great, 1-2 will be excellent and more than enough.

Charles 7 - 6 Vettel in qualifying.

If Charles manages his tyres better in the race then he IS the faster driver.

Now he is the faster of the two in qualifying, he just needs to learn some things and we will have a good future ahead of us!

Great for the team to secure the front row and not wishing to be pessimistic but I do worry about our long run pace and in cooler temperatures tomorrow, but we're in the best place to try and get that elusive win. Seb's lap was a bit of a mess but he still managed to beat HAM, Charles was just superb, they need to work together tomorrow and no preference given to either driver unless it becomes necessary. GIO's engine issue is a worry if Ferrari are intending to use it at Monza, though, I believe we are still on the old spec until then whereas Alfa and Haas have the new one.

The Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) regrets to advise that a serious incident involving cars #12, #19 and #20 occurred at 17:07 on 31/08/19 as a part of the FIA Formula 2 Sprint Race at Spa-Francorchamps, round 17 of the season.

The scene was immediately attended by emergency and medical crews, and all drivers were taken to the medical centre.

As a result of the incident, the FIA regrets to inform that the driver of car #19, Antoine Hubert (FRA), succumbed to his injuries, and passed away at 18:35.

Good to see Ferrari at front. The red allway looks good when you see the front row.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Extremely sad to read.

Thankfully fatalities are few and far between in motorsport these days.

I just pray the race still goes ahead...

This was a crazy, feak accident with very low probability and F1 has never had any serious injuries in 35 years at the modern Spa circuit, with Burti's concussion being the worst. We all know motorsport is dangerous, but F1 cars are safer and drivers more experienced. I just hope the halo didn't cause visibility problems that were discussed as an Eau Rouge-specific problem in the past. The accident investigation will definitely have a lot of things to answer. Whether Correa did have sufficient time to react is my other question. I really hope it wasn't caused by him flooring it in the runoff area. The telemetry will definitely have an answer to it sooner or later.

The best way to honour Hubert's memory is to have 44 safe laps of racing tomorrow.

Congratulations to Charles and our team for a fantastic weekend so far and tomorrow will be the icing on the cake!
    I hope we pull this one out and wish that Charles gets his first and overdue win in red! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Charles 7 - 6 Vettel in qualifying.

If Charles manages his tyres better in the race then he IS the faster driver.

Now he is the faster of the two in qualifying, he just needs to learn some things and we will have a good future ahead of us!
    Vettel has always made the difference in slow and medium speed corners, if you give him a car that drives like **** in the corners he can’t make a difference, it’s up to the team to build a car to the drivers strengths, and I do believe if you give the right spec car to vettel he is still the fastest driver

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Vettel has always made the difference in slow and medium speed corners, if you give him a car that drives like **** in the corners he can’t make a difference, it’s up to the team to build a car to the drivers strengths, and I do believe if you give the right spec car to vettel he is still the fastest driver
    We have two drivers who can give it all during quali. Vet used be best at quali & start. Now it seems Charles overtaken him.
    Vet’s another strength is managing tyres, which Charles yet to pick up in that aspect. He will soon get rid of that too.
    If ferrari build a strong car next year, then we have hands full on that WCC & WDC too. Waiting for it.

The corner isn't safe for the FIA regulation but it's an old corner with a rich history, maybe now they will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    The corner isn't safe for the FIA regulation but it's an old corner with a rich history, maybe now they will change it.
    There's plenty of space to extend runoff in Raidillon. That's the most likely option. Judging by satellite measurement, it's about 20 metres right now, could easily be 50.

For sure! Just look at how great Seb is doing, team orders and all; he can;t get Ferrari a win. He left his racing heart at R Bull! Charles is like it or not Ferrari's main hope now and in the future! I wish Seb the best along with his pay.

GIO - did he suffer and ICE failure or was it turbo or something else?

Leclerc is showing why Raikkonen should have been out of that car years ago. It really does make you wonder just how good the 2017 and 2018 Ferraris were.

Charles was amazing today! He's owed so I hope no team orders, the titles are gone anyway.

Yeah, without Charles, we would not have seen the huge margin that we have now. We would have thought that Mercedes were right up with us, when they really are not close at all. Mind you, Vettel could have done a great lap as well had he not got caught up with the malaise prior on the out lap!

Again the same person talking about vet’s pay. In every thread.