Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP Spa-Francorchamps - Race

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Hamster not wearing black ribbon
    Yet the typical garagiste British fans* can't understand why he's universally reviled on the continent...

* The Brits that support Hammy.

Hamster not wearing black ribbon
    You're wearing a black ribbon I guess?

What a terrible trophy. Good Lord!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Such a tool
    he always is.....he thinks he's bigger than everybody....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I am not. But if I was there as driver I would for sure. That is call respect!

Dumb question!

CL reminds me of Jean Alesi. JA was great and come to Ferrari as a prodigy, but than Ferrari ruined his career with mediocre cars

Either way, a huge points day versus Red Bull:

38-10 preliminary depending on whether Albon gets +5.

Great news as well.

Dumb question!

CL reminds me of Jean Alesi. JA was great and come to Ferrari as a prodigy, but than Ferrari ruined his career with mediocre cars
    I wasn't around back then but let's not delude ourselves here. Jean and Gerhard were two cuts below Ayrton and Michael, at least. It'd been great had he stayed alongside Michael but I can't blame him for going to Benetton at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Yet the typical garagiste British fans* can't understand why he's universally reviled on the continent...

* The Brits that support Hammy.
    Really, we just put it down that people are sad poor losers.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Something many of the people here never show towards Lewis on here, so why are you bothered, stop being a hypocrite.
    I am not! I just don't like him! He hes my respect as driver to the extend (as he is driving car from another century), but as a person - NADA!!!

I am not! I just don't like him! He hes my respect as driver to the extend (as he is driving car from another century), but as a person - NADA!!!
    You don't even know him, I don't get what a different lifestyle has to do with people, especially when he does a lot for kids unlike many other drivers

Dumb question!
    Dumb reply.

I wasn't around back then but let's not delude ourselves here. Jean and Gerhard were two cuts below Ayrton and Michael, at least. It'd been great had he stayed alongside Michael but I can't blame him for going to Benetton at that time.
    GB was always great 2nd driver, but JA was really talented!

Really, we just put it down that people are sad poor losers.
    I love British Ferrari fans to bits, but what I think of the Hammy ones I can't write here under forum rules

I am not. But if I was there as driver I would for sure. That is call respect!
    Yeah so not wearing a black ribbon means lack of respect, surely!

I love British Ferrari fans to bits, but what I think of the Hammy ones I can't write here under forum rules
    Why have a problem with different fans, I love the sport as a whole and have no problem with any of them. This isn't football.

You don't even know him, I don't get what a different lifestyle has to do with people, especially when he does a lot for kids unlike many other drivers
    OK. to cut this pointless discussion, I'll be more precise. I don't like him AT ALL as his personality on the race weekend! OK?!

Yeah so not wearing a black ribbon means lack of respect, surely!
    When everybody else is, than it is!

OK. to cut this pointless discussion, I'll be more precise. I don't like him AT ALL as his personality on the race weekend! OK?!
    Upto you to come up with excuses to justify yourself, I don't care.

GB was always great 2nd driver, but JA was really talented!
    Jean deserved to win at Monza either 1994 or 1995. That was heartbreak for him. Overall though, Gerhard was an equally good servant and actually beat Jean in 1994 and back in the late 80's he was really quick. Both were actually close with Mansell in terms of talent, but had the wrong cars, for sure. Still moving them on for Michael was of course the best decision made in F1 history given how he transformed the team. I'd loved to see what Michael could've done with the 1994-95 cars of ours though, they were racing Herbert fair and square in 1995 and seemed like better packages than 1996.

Upto you to come up with excuses to justify yourself, I don't care.
    I am not justifying myself! I don't like him! This is free world and I have liberty of whom to love or not!

Jean deserved to win at Monza either 1994 or 1995. That was heartbreak for him. Overall though, Gerhard was an equally good servant and actually beat Jean in 1994 and back in the late 80's he was really quick. Both were actually close with Mansell in terms of talent, but had the wrong cars, for sure.
    I still remember those heartbreaking races in Monza 94 and 95. Jean was king of bad luck and misfortunes

When everybody else is, than it is!
    What everybody!?

Do you know everyone out there in SPA? Did they told you personally that all of them would be wearing black ribbon today?

Forza Charles!

I am of course very happy that he finally got his first win. He thoroughly deserved it. Bravo!

I'm also mightily relieved that Ferrari didn't 'sabotage' his strategy just to benefit Vettel. I admit I assumed the worst when they kept Charles out for all those laps. Hearing the pit wall instructing Sebastian to move over for Charles was music to my ears. At least Ferrari proved that they can support the better driver on the day. Thank goodness.

However, I do think they screwed up Vettel's chances. I don't believe that 4th was inevitable. I think he could have at least tried to fight Bottas if they'd brought him in some laps earlier. I felt sorry for Vettel in that way. And, yes, he did hold up Lewis for a while and that must've helped Charles too, so kudos to him for that. That was a bad call.

Anyway, I'm still thrilled for Charles and (finally) a win for Ferrari after too much time. Relief can be super sweet too.

Ok, before lap 15, Merc tells Bottas that it's important to close the gap. Then when Vettel comes in you see the merc pit crew assembled to make a pitstop. Now how is that not a dummy pitstop?

In 2015:
    Having been alerted about Mercedes’ actions, the FIA now intends to make sure that teams are clear that ‘fake’ stops are not allowed.

The governing body has revealed that it will adopt a zero tolerance approach to the matter, and will tell teams in a briefing ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix that any repeat in the future will be viewed as a rules breach.

Under repeat circumstances, teams will have to prove to the FIA that there was a genuine reason for them to stop if they are to escape sanction.

This will include radio communication evidence to show that the driver was under the impression he was to make a stop.

The FIA spokesman added: “Going into the pitlane like this, for no valid reason, is not allowed but the difficulty would be proving it was a clear breach.

So how does this all work then FIA?

what a week-end for Charles, Seb not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    So how does this all work then FIA?
    Rules don't apply if you disguise your car as Gandalf...

What everybody!?

Do you know everyone out there in SPA? Did they told you personally that all of them would be wearing black ribbon today?
    OK. I rest my case. No point of arguing with you. You know best! Have a nice life!