Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Italian GP 2019 practice and qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    Go back to the old old ways.
    Unlimited tires, unlimited testing. V8, V10 and V12 engines.

Qualifying - open session whomever sets the fastest lap.
    I agree with you. All of these so called savings are ruining the sport as we knwe it.
    Don't forget refuelling.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://youtu.be/6LCS-7gJ57s

Leclerc's pole lap. As anyone with functioning brain cells can see, Leclerc didn't get any "double tow". Hell, I'd say he got hindered in S2 because of the dirty air.
    Thanks, I was really enjoying that, really smooth driving.

I wonder what Charles' victory chances really are. 30-40 % maybe? It's definitely going to be a tricky second stint if he makes it that far in the lead. Hopefully he can pull away three seconds or so in the first stint so it doesn't become like Kimi's sitting duck position last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ah well Seb knows about dirty plays so I am sure he will get over it not that Charles played dirty today anyway.....
    Multi 2-1

The start will be interesting vetals in a good position to get a good tow down the strait will be interesting possible turn 1 carnage.

Wt a forum is this ????
    We keep ferrari as a logo & cheer. Now for each driver who are driving for our team, we fight irrespective of who took the pole.

Senseless... where are these guys 2yrs ago who are admiring Charles Leclerc now ?? Haven’t they cheered for vettel then?
    Where are these guys vettel fan boys when he had disastrous year at RB?

I’ll give you a simple logic with such guys who are diver fans instead of team.
    When Alonso was speaking of ferrari in a different way, they wanted him out.
    When vettel arrived at ferrari & kimi not performing, they wanted kimi out.
    When Lec & max arrived, they want vettel out & max in.
    If next year or in couple of years Lec or max doesn’t perform, they want new star again.
    These kind of people don’t remember that it the same drivers once they once cheered for & now calling that driver as stupid etc...... listening comments from them seems to be like they aren’t true ferrari fans.

One idea to prevent this from happening at SPA and Monza again, is to give the leading car a lap time reduction by the average tow time benefit, but minus a 10th of a second benefit to prevent all the drivers from wanting to lead the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://youtu.be/6LCS-7gJ57s

Leclerc's pole lap. As anyone with functioning brain cells can see, Leclerc didn't get any "double tow". Hell, I'd say he got hindered in S2 because of the dirty air.
    Is it just me or does he lift right before he crosses the line??
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Is it just me or does he lift right before he crosses the line??
    I thought the exact same thing?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wt a forum is this ????
    We keep ferrari as a logo & cheer. Now for each driver who are driving for our team, we fight irrespective of who took the pole.

Senseless... where are these guys 2yrs ago who are admiring Charles Leclerc now ?? Haven’t they cheered for vettel then?
    Where are these guys vettel fan boys when he had disastrous year at RB?

I’ll give you a simple logic with such guys who are diver fans instead of team.
    When Alonso was speaking of ferrari in a different way, they wanted him out.
    When vettel arrived at ferrari & kimi not performing, they wanted kimi out.
    When Lec & max arrived, they want vettel out & max in.
    If next year or in couple of years Lec or max doesn’t perform, they want new star again.
    These kind of people don’t remember that it the same drivers once they once cheered for & now calling that driver as stupid etc...... listening comments from them seems to be like they aren’t true ferrari fans.
    Unfortunately, there will always be people criticizing the other driver in any team support.
    Not surprising though, as at the end of the day, F1 is still a driver centric sport.

For me, supporting a dominant driver Schumi had spoil me. But over the years, I'm learning to appreciate and support our drivers, whoever they may be.
    Max, Lewis, they may be good, but they are not driving for us, maybe never will, so it matters not how good they are, we've still go to kick their rear.

Ferrari taking Seb in as #1 driver had all to do with his 4WDCs @ R Bull. Getting a seat @ Ferrari does in fact have all to do with how a driver does while driving with the enemy. As of now 2019 it's Charles and Seb who I want to win the rest of the races . But if and when there's a change , who other than Max or Lewis would be the better choice? If Ferrari fans could and did forgive and forget Seb's finger waving and beating Ferrari; and welcome him with open arms , 'm sure " Who's on First !' should be the next welcomed driver ; when it happens. Ferrari
    fans criticizing the other drivers is actually praising them if their beating our guys. My biggest fear are team orders which Ferrari just can stop doing, with regards to which driver gets the #1 seat. I hope Charles retires #1 with Ferrari no matter who is with him in the future. He deserves the best ! Meanwhile R Bull's Albon is 8th and Max in the back. If not for his penalty we'd probably have Max in 4th ready to crash his way to the front. I'm sure Lewis is relieved.
    Last edited by Brembo; 8th September 2019 at 05:43.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too, he had completed most of his lap and then red flag so I thought he jumped into pits but after few minutes, all of a sudden he improved without being on track. What probably happened was the incident which caused yellow flag was in Sector 1 or 2 or behind him in Sector 3 and driver can complete lap if he is ahead of yellow flag. He completed it and then red flag occurred but the lap time updation only took place minutes later.
    I'm pretty sure it was yellow and red flag caused by Raikkonen in last corner, so that would be S3.
    Mercs were behind him.
    Ham was very close to him (as we can see on the onboard footage), in fact he was so close that I thought he would lose time in S3, but he obviously stayed flat out.
    But Bottas was further away and the flag was out before he completed S3, and judging by his time in S3 he clearly didn't slow down.
    Anyways, I'm sure FIA would have a very interesting explanation to that...

I've seen on one weather forecast that rain at Monza is to fall by 14:00 and than clear sky and Sun for the rest of the day.

Is it raining?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Unfortunately, there will always be people criticizing the other driver in any team support.
    Not surprising though, as at the end of the day, F1 is still a driver centric sport.

For me, supporting a dominant driver Schumi had spoil me. But over the years, I'm learning to appreciate and support our drivers, whoever they may be.
    Max, Lewis, they may be good, but they are not driving for us, maybe never will, so it matters not how good they are, we've still go to kick their rear.
    I tend to agree with that. Even I’m huge fan of Schumi, but at the same time I was counting on Rubens too.
    It was totally a team support.

But now when I see posts from each individual who quote themselves as ferrari fans, make senseless comments on our drivers. Whether it’s vettel/Leclerc etc. they want one of the driver to be out of the team.

It’s not that you shouldn’t point out driver mistakes, everyone is entitled to say so. But it’s just going over the broad & getting to one sided.

Tomorrow these intellectuals who called other drivers as future star/ rising star/burning star of F1 where would they go when his/her star driver doesn’t perform?

For me ferrari comes first then their drivers.
    It’s drivers dream to drive for ferrari, not that ferrari runs behind drivers in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomore View Post
    Is it raining?
    I think it's just cloudy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

I am guilty of usually having a favourite driver in our team, but I am sick of the criticism levelled at Seb. I didn't like him at RB but that changed when he arrived at Ferrari and immediately got results with a car he could trust. Charles is the future and I am a huge supporter of his, but let's not forget that we have two drivers, both capable of delivering when the car is up to it. Would I rather have Seb getting a penalty for his white line infringement in quali? No, he got away with it but would likely be disqualified if he were to win at Monza today!

What about Ham, bottas & mercs team doing cheap tactics?? In Q3 1st lap, they are the first to get out & by seeing both ferrari cars behind them. They did stop at pit entry on the name of practice start & allowed ferrari cars so that they can get double tow.

If you are confident enough go straightforward & get the pole. That’s what Leclerc did it in spa, don’t care about slipstream will go & do it.

These fake pit stops, cheap tricks by mercs they are just spoiling the F1 & these will be directives again for the team whoever dominates during next Reg change.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I am guilty of usually having a favourite driver in our team, but I am sick of the criticism levelled at Seb. I didn't like him at RB but that changed when he arrived at Ferrari and immediately got results with a car he could trust. Charles is the future and I am a huge supporter of his, but let's not forget that we have two drivers, both capable of delivering when the car is up to it. Would I rather have Seb getting a penalty for his white line infringement in quali? No, he got away with it but would likely be disqualified if he were to win at Monza today!
    Well said indeed. I for one am still and will always be unhappy,mad , sad, at the way Rubens was treated while driving for Michael in a Ferrari. Rubens had one fan here at the time, me. Cursed and called names by Ferrari fans left and right. As you have well said here, lets not ever forget we have two drivers .

I would like to know why Bottas' time suddenly appeared after his first run despite the red flag coming out before he crossed the line and also why were they saying that Sainz was the only one that reached the line before time ran out and the chequred flag waved when the graphics showed that Charles beat the flag as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I would like to know why Bottas' time suddenly appeared after his first run despite the red flag coming out before he crossed the line and also why were they saying that Sainz was the only one that reached the line before time ran out and the chequred flag waved when the graphics showed that Charles beat the flag as well?
    Bottas lap was counted because, there was no official confirmation of Red-flag by FIA it was just a Red-flag wave by Marshall before crossing the chequered line. Bottas got off by very very thin margin else there was no chance for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Well said indeed. I for one am still and will always be unhappy,mad , sad, at the way Rubens was treated while driving for Michael in a Ferrari. Rubens had one fan here at the time, me. Cursed and called names by Ferrari fans left and right. As you have well said here, lets not ever forget we have two drivers .
    Obrigado, Brembo, but after another bad day at Monza today, Seb needs to stop spinning so often, the car may not be to his liking but he surely should be able to adapt like a true champion. Felipe was always mine and your favourite while he was at Ferrari and he got equally scorned when he made mistakes, these drivers need very thick skin when it comes to letting the tifosi down!