Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2019 practice and qualifying

I hope we get better or we are for a long home weekend!

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Nice to see Leclerc P1 in both FP sessions, however it is strange that on a power sensitive track, where we are supposed to be supreme and have our updated 3rd spec engine - Hamilton posts a time only +0.068 behind Leclerc? I know the weather played a factor and its only practice, but I still don't believe our engine is that far ahead of Mercs as everyone believes. Time will tell I guess, I was hoping for Leclerc to shatter Kimi's record lap time from last year lol, doesn't look like it will happen.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Nice to see Leclerc P1 in both FP sessions, however it is strange that on a power sensitive track, where we are supposed to be supreme and have our updated 3rd spec engine - Hamilton posts a time only +0.068 behind Leclerc? I know the weather played a factor and its only practice, but I still don't believe our engine is that far ahead of Mercs as everyone believes. Time will tell I guess, I was hoping for Leclerc to shatter Kimi's record lap time from last year lol, doesn't look like it will happen.
    I doubt we turned up the wick on the new engine on a Friday. Let’s see what happens in FP3 and Q.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green track as well. Not really much point in letting loose.

I definitely hope in qualifying trim we can pull out 0.4 seconds or so to fit both cars 1-2 for sure. We'll need to have the cars first and second departing the second chicane on lap one. 1-3 in qualifying could also do that trick, but the odds are worse. Given there's less degradation here, the difference between qualifying and race pace definitely will be smaller though. If pole is won by just a tenth or two, the race could still be there to be won. Overtaking at Monza takes a lot of tyre advantage when being slower in a straight line, after all. Last year it took one of Kimi's typical mistakes to get passed and Vettel almost caught Bottas from the back even though the Mercedes car was on average better in tyre wear even then, just showcasing that one-lap and race speed are much more entwined at Monza.

#AMuS GPS data has revealed that Ferrari has not activated the power button of their Spec 3 engine yet. During their fastest laps, Mercedes reached 343.0 km/h at the end of the home straight. Ferrari only reached 339.1 km/h.

#AMuS About the long run lap times of Ferrari: The new Spec 3 engine ran with race mode and the setup was trimmed so that the tyres didn't degrade. In terms of tyre wear, Ferrari achieved their goal, but at the price of losing lap time [against Mercedes].

Charles Leclerc #16
    “It was a special feeling to drive for Ferrari in Monza for the first time. I could actually see the tifosi cheering for us from the grandstands while I was driving, and it is just amazing to be here.
    The day went quite well. While it is nice to be quickest, I don’t think that we have a real picture of the whole situation yet due to the tricky conditions we faced on track today. In FP1, we were very competitive, especially on the intermediates, which is a positive. However, the lap times on the dry tyres in FP2 are not really representative and we have to keep working and understand where we can gain some more time. Our competitors are quick and we are still to see their full potential.
    The car felt good. In terms of race pace, we are not yet at the point we were in Spa. On the qualifying pace, we also have some work to do and we will give our all to do a good job tomorrow.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “The day was ok, but we can still get more out of the car. FP1 was a bit of a scrappy session, with all the teams heading out as soon as the light went green after each red flag. We didn’t have the usual rhythm of a Friday, but the main thing is that we got some decent laps in and we know where our weaknesses are and what to focus on.
    For qualifying, we have to see what the conditions will be like, how careful we might need to be on the out lap, and how the tyres will work. Then we will take it from there. It is nice if you get a tow around here, and the priority is to get one perfect lap.
    Ahead of the race, you just want to improve the car and make it faster overall, because you need a car that allows you to have a good performance while also saving the tyres. We have some work to do, and I know that I can find more for tomorrow.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Seeing those pics of Charles, I really hope we get to see Mick the same way. Can you not imagine the force of the two together driving for Ferrari!?

Well I can dream can't I!? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Seeing those pics of Charles, I really hope we get to see Mick the same way. Can you not imagine the force of the two together driving for Ferrari!?

Well as much as I’d like to see Mick driving for ferrari and following his fathers steps, he still has to prove himself in GP2, the way Charles did 2 years ago.....when I used to see Charles win races in GP2 and the the way he drove with such determination, talent and hunger.....I said to myself, Ferrari better snatch this kid before some other team will.......and boy oh boy am I glad he is now driving for us.....

Mick is NOT there yet, maybe another year in GP2 as I’m not sure he’s ready for F1 the way Charles was...at least not yet
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post

No I can't. I don't see anything special about Mick Schumacher, his only claim to fame is a F3 title. Just because his dad is all time great, doesn't mean Mick Schumacher is going to be equally good. And for me, it's a bit disappointing to see so many people here are so fixated on the surname, or the pedigree. He might be good, but there's a big danger of nepotism here. Most people say they'd like a meritocracy, yet many people here are getting teary-eyed over a Schumacher testing with his dad's old team and driving his did's championship winning car.

If Mick turns out to be an amazing driver, then fine, give him the second Ferrari seat. But so far we've seen nothing to indicate that.

Vettel: 1:20.611 (26.944, 26.846, 26.821)

Leclerc: 1:21.010 (27.069, 27.026, 26.915)

Leclerc's 2nd lap: 1:20.452 (26.958, 26.759, 26.735)

Vettel's 2nd attempt: 1:20.846 (27.041, 26.931, 26.874)

Just saw the f3 crash. Unbelievable. It's time to ban the curbs and run off areas, bring back the gravel everywhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63MC1J3dzWc

Croft is so ******* stupid, Yeah 1m21's are race simulation laps.

Leclerc and Bottas identical lap times

Did Renault bring an updated engine?

Ric faster than Ham

Difficult to say, it looks tight, Max can spoil the party and we cannot count out Mercs.

Ham must have engine turned down, he should be right up there in qualy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Ham must have engine turned down, he should be right up there in qualy.
    From ESPNF1:

“Despite using the medium compound, Hamilton is actually the fastest driver in sectors one and two. The only difference is that he lost 0.456s in the first sector to Ferrari where straight-line speed is king”

No matter how fast our engine is perceived to be, this is still a tyre formula where Merc has the recipe. Fastest driver with the slower tyres seems about right. We’ll see what happens once all the engines are fired up to quali mode.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

strongest candidate for pole is max imo, that looked so smooth and easy, I hope I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    strongest candidate for pole is max imo, that looked so smooth and easy, I hope I am wrong
    it won't matter though as he's starting the race from the back.

We better have the engine massively turned down for that or else we're in deep s* with even Ricciardo so close. In most likelihood both Honda and Renault ran full party mode though, I can't think of it any other way.

Seems a bit like both our drivers had disturbed laps they didn't quite get over the line. Purple to yellow and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    In spa they were 0.9ths down come quali.
    In Monza with that spec4 Honda covered that .9ths??? Don’t think so. Come quali everyone will turn their engines up.

it won't matter though as he's starting the race from the back.
    Yeah, I forgot it, I have had no time to follow as usual, missed last race weekend (and of course we won) and yesterday.

It's all going to come down to who gets the best tow in Q3 but our pace advantage isn't as big as I expected it to be I wonder if we are turning the engine down.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In spa they were 0.9ths down come quali.
    In Monza with that spec4 Honda covered that .9ths??? Don’t think so. Come quali everyone will turn their engines up.
    Max did not had tow, like Seb had, and drove only 2 fast laps, so that was impressive imo, but we will see, hope you are right

it is a bit weird to see Max post that time, if anything he should be the one with the engine turned down more than the others.

it is a bit weird to see Max post that time, if anything he should be the one with the engine turned down more than the others.
    Not really no. It is a new engine so they are probs running it with higher settings to ensure it is installed all right and not going to go pop.