Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2019 Race

but i really don't know what's happening to vettel?

we wanna see racing Hardcore! and ladies and gentlemen, Charles does not dissappoint!

C'mon hammy! the seas are not gonna open up for you like in the commandments ^^

Charles...a new star is born!! What a fight, what a challenge to overcome both Mercs who were relentless hunters but ultimately got home without the win. And Charles did it all on his own as his wingman had his clipped. Shame on Seb...

I fancy George Russell as a potential replacement for Seb. George consistently scores higher than Robert, has a great personality and would be fairly easy to secure, not to mention more affordable than other bigger names.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Charles...a new star is born!! What a fight, what a challenge to overcome both Mercs who were relentless hunters but ultimately got home without the win. And Charles did it all on his own as hi wingman had his clipped. Shame on Seb...

I fancy George Russell as a potential replacement for Seb. George consistently scores higher than Robert, has a great personality and would be fairly easy to secure, not to mention more affordable than other bigger names.
    Mercedes owns Russell, they aren't going to let him go. I would rather go for Sainz.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    Mercedes owns Russell, they aren't going to let him go. I would rather go for Sainz.
    But the lure of driving a Ferrari may have some significant weight. I wonder how much of a saying the driver has in the discussion. It's not that he's indispensable for Merc's success...

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Charles...a new star is born!! What a fight, what a challenge to overcome both Mercs who were relentless hunters but ultimately got home without the win. And Charles did it all on his own as his wingman had his clipped. Shame on Seb...
    Lewis was many laps "on the gearbox"of Lec but Lec did not bother, actually it was Lewis who made the mistake at turn 1. He also ruined his tires in doing so.

Please let the sun shine from the stable as A smile says a thousand words...can we not do a buy out for the honey badger��.��
    Red Rose by any other name:)

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    We are tie with RB for the race wins this season! but in truth we are ahead by 2 more wins when SV got penalized for blocking GOLDEN BOY! and Max move vs LEC without a penalty!
    Don't forget Bahrain, engine issues denied LEC

Congrats to Leclerc and Ferrari, finally a Monza win!.

What to say about Vettel, on top of his poor shape in the last 1 or 2 years, the rise of Leclerc. Vettel is done, he will stay around one more year because he is a proud guy and the ridiculous money he gets but I can't see him in Ferrari after 2020.

Probably correct retirement is the best option leave the sport on a good note.Even he went to another team it would not make any difference you can not discount seb but I feel his best years are behind him now and they were fantastic wonderful years.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Lewis was many laps "on the gearbox"of Lec but Lec did not bother, actually it was Lewis who made the mistake at turn 1. He also ruined his tires in doing so.
    Charles also made a couple of mistakes.
    Forza Ferrari

OH what a race!!!!! i dont think i have enjoyed one like this for a while!!!
    Towards the end i couldnt even watch, i thought bottas would get him. Absolutely stoked for charles!

Ive been saying Ferrari should concentrate their efforts behind this kid, now hes proving it. Keeping lewis hamilton in a merc no less, behind him for most part of the race and then bottas, to win!

Great to see Charles is also learning very fast. Hes figured out how to manage his tyres better; the skill which cost him the battle against max. This kid is going to be great!

Am pretty sure Merc is very worried now. If Ferrari fix their Aero, they are screwed. We'll have not just the car, but even a driver with the temperament to take it to hamilton.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by sreekant View Post
    but i really don't know what's happening to vettel?
    Hes used to being the top dog in a team. Almost-rookie Charles, is not only out-qualifying him but even gotten the teams only victory up until monza. Naturally hes embarassed and thats putting huge pressure on him IMO. That spin all by himself tells it all.
    I can see him wanting to move, either back to RBR or retire, if this continues.
    Silently, like a shadow

Both Toto and Hamster were very vocal on the stewards in the post race interviews - Toto saying he would show this footage to the stewards when appropriate in the next races and Ham saying he learnt a lesson how it was done by the rookie drivers and will do the same as it was allowed. They seem to forget how many times the stewards acted in Merc's favor in similar, on the edge of rules, situations. Pathetic!!!
    I wouldnt read too much into it. They NEED to say these things or it will look like they are weak. Its just PR.
    Their body language during the race showed the reality. Toto seemed resigned to the inevitable result (wrt ham) and hams tone on the radio was not really of someone who is super ****** at being pushed off.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe you've got a point there...........Ric to Ferrari along side Charles next year.........i would love to see that happening.....
    Ric may not.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I could also see Vettel returning to Red Bull, voiding his final year for a multi-year contract there.
    haha.. that should be fun. Max will take him apart there. Nowhere to run after that.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t they should have given black & white flag to Leclerc.
    He taken his line for the braking zone. When there’s no room, ham tries to enter n show that no one is leaving room for me.
    He doesn’t understand that he too did the same in Malaysia GP with kimi.
    Am just glad they didnt penalise Lec for it. Was a bit worried cause Lec also weaved in defence and changed direction while braking.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Norris should be given chance. Considering his performances & relation with Charles as both are bestie
    so were ham and britney. look how that turned out. Best not to pit friends against each other.
    With charles showing the maturity and race craft to win, i think we should prbly get someone a bit experienced and consistent in place. Someone who wont do stupid things to prove they are a match for charles.
    Danny ric or even hulkenberg might do it. Both are quick and level headed.
    My dream would of course be to see Nando back, but i cant see that working. Might get explosive.
    Silently, like a shadow

We were using Seb to see how the hard tyre work and then gave plan b to Charles and he got the tyre choice and the strategy right.
    It is practically as important as Charles maturity. The strategy worked and the data was right to help to bring the best strategy.

I can see following possibilities for 2021

Ferrari: LecLerc, Alonso/Ricciardo
    Mercedes: Hamilton, Ocon
    RB: Verstappen, Vettel
    Renault: Ricciardo/Vettel, Bottas

It’s make or break for Vettel on his future in next couple of races. Although he stays with ferrari next year. He might take a call early in the next season based on his 2019 season.

I strongly feel, he has the potential to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I can see following possibilities for 2021

Ferrari: LecLerc, Alonso/Ricciardo
    Mercedes: Hamilton, Ocon
    RB: Verstappen, Vettel
    Renault: Ricciardo/Vettel, Bottas

Alonso won’t be back for sure. He comes back only if he feels that ferrari is a strong car. He would aim for championship not for 2nd or 3rd in the title.

At RB I don’t see Max & Vettel in the same team, it doesn’t happen.

At ferrari, if vettel performs next year he will continue. Else
    In 2021: Lec/Ric is the only possibility.

Maybe Kimi can finally retire this year and give his Alfa seat to Seb

Honestly, Charles made one or two also

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Congrats to Leclerc and Ferrari, finally a Monza win!.

What to say about Vettel, on top of his poor shape in the last 1 or 2 years, the rise of Leclerc. Vettel is done, he will stay around one more year because he is a proud guy and the ridiculous money he gets but I can't see him in Ferrari after 2020.
    There is a high chance that he will be let go in favor of say, Lando Norris who, btw, could be an excellent replacement.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    so were ham and britney. look how that turned out. Best not to pit friends against each other.
    With charles showing the maturity and race craft to win, i think we should prbly get someone a bit experienced and consistent in place. Someone who wont do stupid things to prove they are a match for charles.
    Danny ric or even hulkenberg might do it. Both are quick and level headed.
    My dream would of course be to see Nando back, but i cant see that working. Might get explosive.
    Nando is one of the worst picks. His ego is off the roof, should Ferrari pick him, he would see this as his last chance for a WDC. You can see where that would lead. No thank you. We need good collaboration between our drivers, not a prime time diva.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I much as I want Max in the Ferrari, I don't think it is possible. Leclerc-Verstappen line up is pretty much a ticking time bomb, it would explode in any moment and destroy the whole team atmosphere with it. Also I don't think Ferrari's management is capable enough to handle such a line up.

So I think, for 2021, Ferrari should bring someone who is solid but not quick enough to challenge Leclerc, example-Hulkenberg. I think Charles-Hulk would be quite good.

Now I don't see any reason for Vettel to go back to Red Bull, especially when Max is there. I mean why would he? there's nothing to gain and Max would make him look like a 2nd tier driver, as Charles is doing right now. So there's no way Vettel would want Max as his teammate, so I think he would either retire after 2020 or go to a team like Mclaren/Williams.

So my 2021 driver line up:

Ferrari: Leclerc-Hulkenberg
    Mercedes: Hamilton-Russell (Russell is, without any doubt, extremely talented. I think he will get the 2nd Mercedes seat, and 2020 going to Bottas's last year with the team)
    Red Bull: Max-Kvyat/Albon
    Renault: Ricciardo-Ocon

I wouldn't like Alonso either. Imagine him losing to Leclerc, bad atmosphere.
    And he represents the past, not the future.