Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2019 Race

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Verstappen could go to Ferrari to partner Leclerc... Verstappen just said They could both work together for the same team... https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/09...the-same-team/
    Translation: Verstappen thinks he can dominate Leclerc.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    As good as Max is, I think he's in for a rude awakening if he really thinks that. In terms of raw pace, I don't think there's anyone out there who's faster than Charles. And this is only Charles's 2nd season in F1, compared to Verstappen's 5th. With more experience Charles will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    As good as Max is, I think he's in for a rude awakening if he really thinks that. In terms of raw pace, I don't think there's anyone out there who's faster than Charles. And this is only Charles's 2nd season in F1, compared to Verstappen's 5th. With more experience Charles will only get better.
    Not so sure about that. Max will be faster than Lec over a single lap. He is perhaps the faster driver in F1 today. But overall, over the length of a season, Lec will beat him.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    One small difference.
    Michael, greatest driver of all times, 7 WDC under his belt, did not care (his words) to get any other WDC. He only cared to race, cause he was a true racer.

This is not the case with Alonso. I explained why.
    You cant be serious. Alonso is not only racing, he is winning in different categories. And you think hes not a true racer? Or are you still bitter he beat Schumi in 05 and 06?
    Silently, like a shadow

¡
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Not so sure about that. Max will be faster than Lec over a single lap. He is perhaps the faster driver in F1 today. But overall, over the length of a season, Lec will beat him.
    Boy, am I praying for that day to come soon enough, to have both of them driving for the same team....it would be an absolute cracker of a line up.....sadly, don’t think ferrari will two roosters fighting each other....

But who knows, we’ve seen bold moves by Ferrari as of late....bringing a young driver into the team, we’ve NEVER seen that before....so time will tell
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You cant be serious. Alonso is not only racing, he is winning in different categories. And you think hes not a true racer? Or are you still bitter he beat Schumi in 05 and 06?

He only b3at Schumi in 05, 06 due to Reanault cheating using the mass damper in their suspension as well as working their Michelin tires better and lasting longer....which was banned the following years....and what happened then? Ferrari back on top.....that’s right
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I am very serious.
    He won Schumacher on 2005 with superior tyres. At 2006, mass dumper anyone?
    As for him winning in different categories, it is different to race WRC for example, than racing for F1 and in top form.

As for Max , I believe at this point someone like Lando Norris is a much better fit for the team. We need a team player, not someone who thinks he is entitled, and yah, Max clearly thinks that he is.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Yep that pretty much sums it up
    Forza Ferrari

Yes, there are certain people around who are the ‘Alonso is toxic’ flag bearers despite those worked with him denying all, you should’ve identified them by now

Maybe we could get Alonso to replace Seb just for the next race, he could fix it for us

Vettel's poor attitude may mean that in 2017 or 2018 Mercedes did not have a better car. We just had a poor driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yes, there are certain people around who are the ‘Alonso is toxic’ flag bearers despite those worked with him denying all, you should’ve identified them by now
    Funny isn't? all those nonsense talks about 'toxic Alonso' and 'Vettel the savior, the next Schumacher' blah blah blah....pretty hilarious when toxic Alonso almost won 2 title with Ferrari but 'Vettel the savior' couldn't even take the championship fight to the last race. Some people here clearly can't forgive Alonso for beating Schumacher fair and square, mass damper!?...there was no mass damper in 2005 and it got banned pretty early in 2006. And also Ferrari tried to bring their own version of mass damper, but it failed.

We all know Massa's opinion regarding both Schmacher and Alonso: https://www.racefans.net/2013/11/06/...umacher-massa/

So who cares about some random people on the internet and their biased, fallacious opinions. Let them be bitter, it doesn't matter and its not gonna change the fact.

Well few occasions Max had the fastest car, like in Monaco 2018 or Mexico 2017/2018. But he got beaten by Ricciardo and Vettel. Leclerc on the other hand always capitalized when Ferrari was faster. Let's not forget, Italy should've been his 3rd victory and could've been his 5th. Also Leclerc pretty much dominates the entire weekend, from FP to Qualifying and then the race. I can't remember Max doing the same thing.

Charles's raw pace is pretty much unmatched imo. But it also doesn't mean Max is slow, one of Max's biggest strength is he doesn't have any weakness, no matter what conditions he is driving, wet dry or damp, he's always up there. Both of them are ahead of their generation, like Alonso and Hamilton.

I was at Monza this year. I came home approx. one hour ago. AMAZING experience. The way Charles drove was impossible to describe in words. That engine, 064 1.6 L, is a monster! I dare to challenge anyone who says F1 can exist without Ferrari. I think it's proven now.

One question. On lap 36 Charles made a mistake. Similar to Sebs in Canada. Obviously the decision to leave it be was right. So what does that idiot Emanuele Pirro think today?

As for Seb. Something is not right. But everyone knows he needs a stable rear. I really feel for him.

Last edited by 512 TR; 10th September 2019 at 21:40.

Not at all. Lec is faster than max over single lap undoubtedly. He would thrash with big margin in quali.
    Come race, Lec is getting better but still max has the raw pace. But remember Lec in his 2nd season getting better & better for each race. So I see he has the advantage over max.

I thought it was rather nice from Max. Well see next year, Leclerc is just getting better and I think he will be force to reckon with. Cant see Vettel outqualifying him till the end of the year.

This is a Ferrari forum !!! Every post talks about R Bull's driver!! Go find a M.. forum already! Trolling like crazy here!! Mods ; where are you? !!! Just kidding. At least now I feel safe !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    This is a Ferrari forum !!! Every post talks about R Bull's driver!! Go find a M.. forum already! Trolling like crazy here!! Mods ; where are you? !!! Just kidding. At least now I feel safe !
    LOL!

Disappointed Since 2010

LOL!
    Now that we have the antidote to the m &h word maybe brembo is happy now.

Forza Jules

Most of you are so MEAN to Seb. He's OUR driver. Don't YOU THINKS he tries. GIVES it alll!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Most of you are so MEAN to Seb. He's OUR driver. Don't YOU THINKS he tries. GIVES it alll!!!!
    I don’t doubt one second that he is not trying hard....is just that obviously the car is not to his liking (he is used to a car with very stable rear end) so he seems to overdrive the car and pushes himself often into silly, very costly mistakes

Whereas Charles seems to be very comfortable with how the car is behaving....or baybe he can adapt quicker to a car with these characteristics

I think most Ferrari fans love both their drivers and just want to see Ferrari 1, 2s where possible.
    Seb has a problem it may be in his head and he needs help but first he has to admit to himself he has a problem and then he will seek help.
    I still think he lost his confidence after Germany last year. I feel that someone very important to him passed a negative remark which has stuck.
    Ferrari are looking after him but somehow he needs to face his problem.
    Just my opinion.

Forza Jules

Few drivers are sensitive to car characteristics. Vettel is in that category.
    When the rear-end balance isn’t good, he struggles a lot than others.

Vettel Monza error resembles to Canada Error where rear-end snapped away. Clearly shows he’s struggling to find the mechanical grip.

Next year it’s make or break for him. I hope he delivers his best next season with a strong car.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Few drivers are sensitive to car characteristics. Vettel is in that category.
    When the rear-end balance isn’t good, he struggles a lot than others.

Vettel Monza error resembles to Canada Error where rear-end snapped away. Clearly shows he’s struggling to find the mechanical grip.

Next year it’s make or break for him. I hope he delivers his best next season with a strong car.
    IF he makes it to next year is the BIG question...........maybe he'll get the BOOT and be replaced with Richiardo for 2020

Usually, I have takeaways from a race. But none of that insight has changed since Belgium. My only takeaway this week was Charles and Ferrari won in MONZA!!!

Those years always up front @ R Bull caused his lack of mid track driving experience . It shows now. He never dreamed he'd need it at Ferrari thinking he's going to be in another rocket with the best team. What a contract to boot !! Seb did great for himself and for his fans. Nothing is forever. The best to him.

Seb needs to lift his game sensibly and stay focused forget beating Charles he is making this his mantle and is coming undone in the process.This is important as a team because at the moment Charles is doing it all on his own and is carrying the weight of Ferrari single handed ,and what a wonderful job he is doing bloody good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Those years always up front @ R Bull caused his lack of mid track driving experience . It shows now. He never dreamed he'd need it at Ferrari thinking he's going to be in another rocket with the best team. What a contract to boot !! Seb did great for himself and for his fans. Nothing is forever. The best to him.
    Agree. In history he will remain a 4 time world champion, and third in the rankings of the numbers of wins he has.

Imagine that he comes back amazingly next season with a car that has more rear downforce, and delivers that 5 drivers title for Ferrari. Imagine this, would make me the happiest man on earth.

Will always support him, since 2008 I have been his major fan, wont stop now.

I am just happy that we have Charles on board. If Arrivabane was still in charge, we would still have the same dysfunctional Vettel-Raikkonen line up. And plenty of people would've pouring their sympathy now towards Vettel, how he's supposedly over driving the car to overcome the deficit to Mercedes, and making mistakes as a result. How putting Leclerc wouldn't have changed anything...

Hopefully people got their answers. Many of us, including myself, always knew Charles is more than a match for Vettel. And Ferrari must focus on Leclerc's preference, next year's car should be designed around Leclerc's feedback and driving preference.