Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2019 Race

I think Ferrari need to think carefully and maybe be very creative when they replace Seb. But maybe he will bounce back now and we will see a revitalized Seb Vettel.
    If not either of the current Renault drivers would provide a level head and a safe pair of hands.
    There is a lot of young talent coming into the sport but its finding someone who is not going to try and prove his worth which could be destructive.

Forza Jules

Ricciardo is the only good replacement for Seb at the moment.

Norris is great, but I'm sure that Mclaren will do everything to keep him, it's their main driver.

Max will join Merc once Lewis retires alongside Ocon.

Seb *maybe* rejoins Redbull, but only after Max has left for Merc, otherwise he will be in a much worse position at Redbull compared to what he is now at Ferrari. However, I think he will just retire. At any time a new faster kid can show up at Redbull and beat Seb.

I don't think Alonso will return, but if he does, he will be at Mclaren.

Try this it's a good read.
    very fair and from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/49629567

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Nando is one of the worst picks. His ego is off the roof, should Ferrari pick him, he would see this as his last chance for a WDC. You can see where that would lead. No thank you. We need good collaboration between our drivers, not a prime time diva.
    We are not here to create a happy family which will visit each other during Christmas and exchange gifts. Its great to imagine that, but it is and will never be the reality.
    If anybody, Alonso can deliver. Will it be a tension charged atmosphere in the pitlane? sure. Does it matter? the guy can win races like no one else. I dont care if he is a diva or that he will upset the apple cart. If charles can keep him honest or even beat him, still good for the team right?
    I dont think the situation of mclaren 2007 will be repeated as long as the team doesnt favour one over the other from day 1 which is what uncle ron did. Which is what led to the implosion.

Given that he may have one maybe 2 good years left. I dont think Alonso would care what team status he gets. If he gets equal opportunity to race, he will take it.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Try this it's a good read.
    very fair and from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/49629567
    Ham is contradicting himself, first he says he doesn't understand why Charles didn't get a penalty, then he says it's hard racing which is good

Hi Guys, what a race!!! I just would like to find out from my Tifosi supporters, Are Phantom/Dummy Pitstops allowed? Merc have done it now for the last two races, most noticeably again this year at Monza. the rules clearly state ""team personnel are only allowed in the pit lane immediately before they are required to work on a car and must withdraw as soon as the work is complete." so whats the deal? how are they getting away with it, and why are Ferrari not doing the same if this is a loophole.

I forgot Rosberg, maybe he will make comeback and replace Seb. Ricciardo, Alonso and Rosberg, one of those is good enough to take Ferrari seat.

Black horses: Kvyat, Norris and Sainz

When Charles was interviewed well after the race, Sky put up his statistics where it stated he has only had 2 poles for this season and his career. Motorsport.com said he had 3, so I'm really scratching my head at this stage. Wiki finished it off with 4 poles, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I forgot Rosberg, maybe he will make comeback and replace Seb. Ricciardo, Alonso and Rosberg, one of those is good enough to take Ferrari seat.
    Are you kidding ?? Rosberg ?
    DR is far more better than him.

Anyways vettel will be there till 2020. Hopefully next year he can prove, else retire. Don’t see him going to any other team

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Max = took Leclerc out with contact.
    Leclerc = took his regular line to enter the corner, meaning Hammy ran out of road. No contact and Hammy not even halfway alongside.

The first was no penalty, whereas the second one was supposed to be one? Has Evo always been like this?
    Nailed it!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    We are not here to create a happy family which will visit each other during Christmas and exchange gifts. Its great to imagine that, but it is and will never be the reality.
    If anybody, Alonso can deliver. Will it be a tension charged atmosphere in the pitlane? sure. Does it matter? the guy can win races like no one else. I dont care if he is a diva or that he will upset the apple cart. If charles can keep him honest or even beat him, still good for the team right?
    I dont think the situation of mclaren 2007 will be repeated as long as the team doesnt favour one over the other from day 1 which is what uncle ron did. Which is what led to the implosion.

Given that he may have one maybe 2 good years left. I dont think Alonso would care what team status he gets. If he gets equal opportunity to race, he will take it.
    Actually, team management is about creating team spirit, which in turn means good relations between the team members. You do learn about this in management one on one.
    Now, enter Alonso, a person that wants the elusive 3rd WDC, a person in need for recognition in Ferrari especially after the way his last tenure ended.
    And then we have Charles.

Sure, we'll have a really good team spirit, since there is no way Charles , who is beating Seb, is going to settle for #2.
    Also; no, there is nothing sure about Alonso can deliver. He is what, 38 now? He is what, 2 years away from F1 ? While he is a very experienced driver, I am not sure that he is up there anymore. So why bring him when there are people to poach like yes, Lando Norris who is a team material and can work with Charles?

And while you look at an Alonso that at best case scenario could may be have 1-2 years left, I 'd rather build a new team with a lot of years in front of them; with the drivers' front solved, team can focus on the car.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Anyways vettel will be there till 2020. Hopefully next year he can prove, else retire. Don’t see him going to any other team
    Something tells me he is retiring by end of 2019. Monza feels like a decisive factor.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Ham is contradicting himself, first he says he doesn't understand why Charles didn't get a penalty, then he says it's hard racing which is good
    No contradiction. He is used to be favored by FIA.

Here goes.....
    next year Seb stays, and then..... replace him with..... Mick Schumacher.
    The dream team will be complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Here goes.....
    Only if he has proven himself. I like the kid but he needs to mature as a driver :)

Enzo is smiling.
    Bravo LeClerc
    That’s how it is supposed to be done

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Here goes.....
    Mick not yet proven, his F2 results aren’t that great.
    Charles took the limelight due his outstanding performances in all the races before Entering F1.
    Also when in Alfa team, his quali results are very good & finished in top 10.

Similarly mick should get into junior team first & prove himself. Then he will get into big seat.

I have a feeling that this is Seb’s last season in F1
    He needs to be replaced by a proven F1 driver, if so

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Actually, team management is about creating team spirit, which in turn means good relations between the team members. You do learn about this in management one on one.
    Now, enter Alonso, a person that wants the elusive 3rd WDC, a person in need for recognition in Ferrari especially after the way his last tenure ended.

Sure, we'll have a really good team spirit, since there is no way Charles , who is beating Seb, is going to settle for #2.
    Also; no, there is nothing sure about Alonso can deliver. He is what, 38 now? He is what, 2 years away from F1 ? While he is a very experienced driver, I am not sure that he is up there anymore. So why bring him when there are people to poach like yes, Lando Norris who is a team material and can work with Charles?

And while you look at an Alonso that at best case scenario could may be have 1-2 years left, I 'd rather build a new team with a lot of years in front of them; with the drivers' front solved, team can focus on the car.
    I rate Alonso very highly and wanted to see him drive a Ferrari again, but you have made way too many salient points and my mind is changed.

Disappointed Since 2010

Well said! No need for some pensioners to came back. Fresh, young, lion blood is what is needed!

Was driving home from a holiday and just missed the finish by 5 mins lol.

Very happy for Charles and the team.

Hopefully Vettel get's a car with more stable rear end next year and when are the FIA gonna do something about those dummy pitstops from Mercedes.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Lewis surely didn't remember the move he made on Timo Glock at lap 38, in the rain at Monza in 2008. He pushed him off the track at much more dangerous place and at higher speeds. But guess what, he didn't get a penalty or a black and white flag. And later in the race he made some unnecessary moves while overtaking Alonso. And Webber wasn't amused by his driving that day. One thing is for sure the FIA has been very lenient towards him in the past. It made him think that whenever he is outsmarted by hard racing from the competition there is some dirty tricks involved. He immediately turns to the stewards to see if he could persuade them to start opening their box of penalties. Vettel has a way with that too sometimes. But with Hamilton it's mostly the other driver or his team messing up his race. Hamilton should eat some humble pie.

Mrec took Michael in when he wanted back in F-1 and it was according to Toto the reason they are doing so great now. Michael gave all his know how to them. Michael got to break Sennas pole record. Alonso can for sure do the same for Ferrari and Charles will learn from a great. Ferrari has their young blood in Charles,and heaven forbid they ever forget that and ask him to be the move over guy.
    Last edited by Brembo; 10th September 2019 at 04:21.

Looks like Charles is now confident pushing his Ferrari to the limit and sometimes beyond, which perhaps wasn't the case in the first 6 or so races, as he was probably holding back due to natural restraint, etc. Like the rest of us, I was too used to seeing Vettel losing the lead to Hamilton when under pressure, and we just saw yet again that he has a fundamental problem at the moment in maintaining control at the very limit. This pattern of behaviour never really manifested itself fully until last year, so I'm suspecting he is not fully reading his car's behaviour and/or his limits are being exceeded when pushing harder than what he is comfortable with. I'm suspecting that Vettel would still shine if his car had its rear end glued to the track like his V8 Red Bull did, but it doesn't and he failing right now to fully exploit its potential, as Leclerc now is capable of doing. When I heard team radio say we go to plan B, I expected it to be to switch to the harder tyres, which was backed up with with Charles say, "good". And he did it; his first 20 laps under the hard rubber were super critical in maintaining control for the win. Once that window of opportunity faded for the medium shod Lewis, Charles was starting to set his fastest laps with the hard tyres. The extra grunt from the Ferrari engine meant that the Mercedes cars could not get close enough under acceleration to maximise the tow effect, which gave Charles a small buffer from the repeated attacks from the team drivers. This win from Charles under immense pressure was just the injection of elixir to rejuvenate both the team and the sport, and I'm also sad for Seb right now and hope he can dig deep to redeem himself; he deserves it! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Looks like Charles is now confident pushing his Ferrari to the limit and sometimes beyond, which perhaps wasn't the case in the first 6 or so races, as he was probably holding back due to natural restraint, etc. Like the rest of us, I was too used to seeing Vettel losing the lead to Hamilton when under pressure, and we just saw yet again that he has a fundamental problem at the moment in maintaining control at the very limit. This pattern of behaviour never really manifested itself fully until last year, so I'm suspecting he is not fully reading his car's behaviour and/or his limits are being exceeded when pushing harder than what he is comfortable with. I'm suspecting that Vettel would still shine if his car had its rear end glued to the track like his V8 Red Bull did, but it doesn't and he failing right now to fully exploit its potential, as Leclerc now is capable of doing. When I heard team radio say we go to plan B, I expected it to be to switch to the harder tyres, which was backed up with with Charles say, "good". And he did it; his first 20 laps under the hard rubber were super critical in maintaining control for the win. Once that window of opportunity faded for the medium shod Lewis, Charles was starting to set his fastest laps with the hard tyres. The extra grunt from the Ferrari engine meant that the Mercedes cars could not get close enough under acceleration to maximise the tow effect, which gave Charles a small buffer from the repeated attacks from the team drivers. This win from Charles under immense pressure was just the injection of elixir to rejuvenate both the team and the sport, and I'm also sad for Seb right now and hope he can dig deep to redeem himself; he deserves it! Cheers
    Great post, and by the way I got a haircut in Treviso (Italy) a couple of years ago, if there's any connection! Is there a Treviso in Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Great post, and by the way I got a haircut in Treviso (Italy) a couple of years ago, if there's any connection! Is there a Treviso in Oz?
    No, but I wish there was, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Mrec took Michael in when he wanted back in F-1 and it was according to Toto the reason they are doing so great now. Michael gave all his know how to them. Michael got to break Sennas pole record. Alonso can for sure do the same for Ferrari and Charles will learn from a great. Ferrari has their young blood in Charles,and heaven forbid they ever forget that and ask him to be the move over guy.
    One small difference.
    Michael, greatest driver of all times, 7 WDC under his belt, did not care (his words) to get any other WDC. He only cared to race, cause he was a true racer.

This is not the case with Alonso. I explained why.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Great drivers adapt to the behavior of their cars. Actually, Charles has adapted to his car, if Seb cannot, that is his downfall.

Verstappen could go to Ferrari to partner Leclerc... Verstappen just said They could both work together for the same team... https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/09...the-same-team/