Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2019 Race

Well done, Charles!!!

A simply superb drive from him today. He soaked up the relentless pressure from Hamilton and then Bottas, showed aggression when it was needed and kept his cool throughout.

And all of that in front of tens of thousands of tifosi at Monza!

I am so immensely proud of him...especially since I was one of those clamouring last year for him to replace Kimi and join Ferrari.

I just knew he was special...Forza Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Stewards did though, so they set the standard.
    Both Toto and Hamster were very vocal on the stewards in the post race interviews - Toto saying he would show this footage to the stewards when appropriate in the next races and Ham saying he learnt a lesson how it was done by the rookie drivers and will do the same as it was allowed. They seem to forget how many times the stewards acted in Merc's favor in similar, on the edge of rules, situations. Pathetic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Both Toto and Hamster were very vocal on the stewards in the post race interviews - Toto saying he would show this footage to the stewards when appropriate in the next races and Ham saying he learnt a lesson how it was done by the rookie drivers and will do the same as it was allowed. They seem to forget how many times the stewards acted in Merc's favor in similar, on the edge of rules, situations. Pathetic!!!
    They are pathetic sore losers. What about the Butler? Didn't they complain that he was making mistakes because Charles was too fast and couldn't catch him?

Seb given 3 points as well, 3 away from a race ban LOL
    Forza Ferrari

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Is 3 points automatic for a stop-and-go?

Accumulating to race bans is also a farce in itself. It should only be used in the most extreme circumstances. Either you give it to him for today or you don't...

They would do him a big favour if they just ban him for the rest of the season lol.

Well mercedes set the standard and now it does not suit totto you must learn to be gracious in defeat.As for sebastian for the sake of the team he needs to find his good head space and fast if it is at all possible.God only knows what's going on it is pretty sad to see the unravelling of a past f1 champion.The only person who can help seb is seb himself he is in a world of pain and pressure at the moment.I can only wish him the best for the remainder of the season.

Bravissimo Charles, what a drive and so well managed. It was nail-biting all through and I took my blood pressure readings to confirm that I was not in a good state afterwards.......Charles, you have made the tifosi ecstatic and you deserve all the credit you're getting. Seb somehow manages to let himself and us down too often, this result won't have improved his mood or his confidence and for that I am really disappointed, he has been well and truly Leclerc'd and he must be feeling like his world has fallen apart. Strategy worked a treat today and the pit crew were perfect, can't actually believe what I've just witnessed! Forza Ferrari, Forza Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Well mercedes set the standard and now it does not suit totto you must learn to be gracious in defeat.As for sebastian for the sake of the team he needs to find his good head space and fast if it is at all possible.God only knows what's going on it is pretty sad to see the unravelling of a past f1 champion.The only person who can help seb is seb himself he is in a world of pain and pressure at the moment.I can only wish him the best for the remainder of the season.
    I think we should not write him off just yet. I better be right.

I watched the race on Italian TV channel 8, which was a bit annoying because of the constant ad breaks.

Who was that guy in the Ferrari garage with the hat and white t-shirt who was pumping his fist? i don't think they ever said who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I watched the race on Italian TV channel 8, which was a bit annoying because of the constant ad breaks.

Who was that guy in the Ferrari garage with the hat and white t-shirt who was pumping his fist? i don't think they ever said who he was.
    I believe you are talking about Lapo Elkann, owner of Garage Italia and grandson of Gianni Agnelli,
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post

No doubt some rich Italian. I have seen him a few times at Juventus matches. Guy seems mentally unstable, they way he was screaming when Hamilton missed the turn 1 chicane... probably a cokehead as well.

Cry baby, sore loser Hamilton at it again...lol he should be embarrassed.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...th-a-lot-more/

“It seems the new generation get away with a lot more in that space of how they manoeuvre their car compared to, I would say, the more experienced drivers,” Hamilton told Sky Sports F1.

“But it’s good knowledge, now I know, and look forward to the next one.”

He is just to used to the bias that has handed him 5 titles. Get used to seeing red!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    No doubt some rich Italian. I have seen him a few times at Juventus matches. Guy seems mentally unstable, they way he was screaming when Hamilton missed the turn 1 chicane... probably a cokehead as well.
    He is riding the withe horse for sure

I am stunned yet overjoyed by Leclerc and the teams' performance today! Even more so than last week's somber win at Spa. Hopefully it continues at this level and I pray that
    Vetelli gets his legs back! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Lapo Elkann seems to always be a little extreme.......

Pretty pathetic from Lewis and crying Wolff. When they were beaten by speed and strategy, they turn to the FIA, Für Indirect Assistenz. Even their dummy pitstop didn't help them. They have tried this one once too often. But we stuck to our guns.

I wish we had had Charles last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to Charles and let's not forget, congrats to Binotto and the team for providing him the perfect strategy. They weren't tricked by the fake Merc pitstop, they provided Charles a great 2.3s pitstop and put him on the harder tires. They learned their lesson well from 2018 when the tires didn't last for Kimi and came up with a better strategy using the hard tire. And then Charles outdrove that slower car to perfection to hold on to the win. That's what future champions do!

As for Seb, other than the fact that he can't handle the pressure from a competitive team mate, there's just nothing useful that I can say right now.

Brilliant Charles and Merci Beaucoup! Grazie...

Charles made all of us so happy today!

I am reading now Kimi fans saying "Vettel is so bad, Leclerc is looking like GOAT". No guys, Leclerc has 4 poles (tied for most poles this season) and 2 wins in 14 races with Ferrari, where Kimi had 1 and 1 in his 5 seasons. In two of those he had better car then Leclerc, yet did nothing with it.

Charles made the last 7 days a dream. Let me dream for the next two weeks because I know in Singapore we stand no chance, Charles said it himself they don’t expect to be good there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely amazing from Charles. His defence on Hamilton was probably just a bit over the top agressive, but I like this sort of aggression from him. He has shown he won't be a pushover and that is very very good. Against someone as quick as Hamilton or Verstappen, that is the only way. 2020 will be so good between those two and hopefully also Max. I am finally really really thrilled about one of our drivers again. What a great decision by Sergio last year to push this through instead of going on with Kimi (who I like a lot, but who simply was nowhere near good enough for a long time). The thing I am most impressed about is his ability to withstand the pressure Hamilton applied for a long time, this is a sign of greatness. A lot for him to learn and improve on still, but we have the makings of something very special in him.

vettel - disgraceful performance. His move coming back to the track was just embarrassing to see, this is something a rookie in F2 shouldn't do. I think this all puts 2017 and 2018 into perspective and I am more certain than ever that our drivers in those years threw away awesome cars. Very sad.

we love all our drivers for ferrari, with due respect villenueve / niki / jody / Schumacher / ferrari is a legacy that's etched in our hearts when we win or fail just like life itself...what we want to see is results! this WIN WAS SO SWEET!