Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP 2019 practice and qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah I got a bit carried away after Leclerc's pole.
    Fair enough

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Lecrec only proving what some of us here believed even before season started, he is the real deal. Bravo Charles!
    i've always said to myself eversince this kid Charles was in F2 and his outstanding performances tehre that he's the REAL DEAL.....and one day he will become a champion in F1....i'm Glad that Ferrari wasted no time in giving him a seat as he trully is VERY TALENTED.....

i can only imagine what he would have done in 2018 if he was with us.....betcha ya anything he weould have pushed Hamilton all the way to the last race....maybe even win the WDC....

Forza Ferrai, Forza Charles....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i've always said to myself eversince this kid Charles was in F2 and his outstanding performances tehre that he's the REAL DEAL.....and many days he will become a champion in F1....i'm Glad that Ferrari wasted no time in giving him a seat as he trully is VERY TALENTED.....

i can only imagine what he would have done in 2018 if he was with us.....betcha ya anything he weould have pushed Hamilton all the way to the last race....maybe even win the WDC....

Forza Ferrai, Forza Charles, Forza Seb..
    Fixed for you

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

We are all over the moon with today's Ferrari performance, but let's not getting carried away! It was just Q. Race is tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We are all over the moon with today's Ferrari performance, but let's not getting carried away! It was just Q. Race is tomorrow!
    i know the race is tomorrow and that ONLY tomorrow the points will be handed out, but boy oh boy have we got a kid in our team that surely will pressure hamilton for the rest of the season....

i was totally surprised to say the least with how well the Ferrari has gone this weekend and GOOD THE UPGRADES HAVE WORKED......i wasn't so sure with how the weeekend progressed in free practice and all....i thought for sure Merc will have something up their sleeve as well as red bulls....

but man, on a track like singapore where i wsa convinced we would quali p4 -p5 kind of thing, given teh fact how BAD we were in Monaco and Hungary which have the same characteristics as Singapore....to come out with POLE and P3....WOW, JUST WOW....and if it wasdn't for Seb's mistakes in the last attempt we could have had maybe 1-2....

Forza Ferrari and wish all the best to both our drivers for tomorrow's race...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    My positives are that finally after so many years we have upgrades that upgrade. We have team that can improve the car. Maybe this year is lost, but we will come stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    1 Lewis Hamilton 284
    2 Valtteri Bottas 221
    3 Max Verstappen 185
    4 Charles Leclerc 182
    5 Sebastian Vettel 169
    Well, 3-4 DNFs for Ham and Lec is WDC

Fingers crossed Ferrari not making any stupid mistakes tomorrow. In Singapore we tend to make them - Felipe comes to mind, Kimi-Seb crash as well...

Yeah WDC is a bit far away. But I am excited by our development. Seems our different approach is starting to work.

Amazing laps by Charles. If only the car had been this good from melbourne, golden boy would not be sleepwalking into another undeserved title.

Enjoy it Lewis.. It's your last one, Leclerc WDC 2020!!
    Seb. Good try, for heaven's sake NO spins tomorrow please.

Not to take anything away from Lec great performance (yet another one), but I think Ferrari is also doing something right with the development here.
    6 months ago, Singapore track would be considered a nightmare for our car. And no driver can break the law of physics, if the car sucks, the result is going to be bad too.

I'm convince the car has improved a lot. Merc will be glad Ferrari had a rough start to the season, or they wont be walking away with the title

So nice to see the renaisonce to the changing of the guard.Ferrari started a new chapter in f1 and it started 2 weeks ago the future looks a whole lot brighter.

Several things are going in Ferrari's favour:
    their engine update appears to have given them a sharper performance edge, whilst maybe keeping fuel consumption either in check or reduced,
    their aero updates appear to be working as hoped,
    the higher temperatures of Singapore are keeping the tyres in the optimum tyre temperature window,
    Of course, it looks like has Charles gone up a step since the start of the season, much like he did after several rounds last year; he is now comfortable on the ragged edge, much like Lewis and Max - hallelujah!

Binnoto said Ferrari has started to understand the car. But most of us took it for granted considering the past. But this really bodes well for next year.

Hope for a good race. Not easy to overtake here.
    Start is imp & SC is always a high probability around here. Ferrari need to be ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Binnoto said Ferrari has started to understand the car. But most of us took it for granted considering the past. But this really bodes well for next year.
    Ferrari engineers must have been busy during the 'summer break'.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s too late for the championship, but Lec will finish 2nd in WDC. That’s a big achievement
    2 DNFs for Hamilton an it's on. Everyone has had a DNF, but him. It's long overdue...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    2 DNFs for Hamilton an it's on. Everyone has had a DNF, but him. It's long overdue...
    You can’t expect DNF on Ham’s car. It’s bullet proof. Lot of cars go through that DNF zone, except his car.
    Don’t know what’s the trick over there. Either it seems a perfect car or luck or any other things.

You can’t expect DNF on Ham’s car. It’s bullet proof. Lot of cars go through that DNF zone, except his car.
    Don’t know what’s the trick over there. Either it seems a perfect car or luck or any other things.
    maybe Grosjean could do us a couple favours

Where's Maldonado, the human torpedo or Max when you need em .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Where's Maldonado, the human torpedo or Max when you need em .
    maldonado, you mean young uncle Fester

lloyd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    You are right, but that is something we can not relly on. They have bullet proof car and even when he has DNF, we are not using that. Austria last year....

Ferrari are building a fantastic platform for next year.Finishing this year as winners of the 2nd half of the season would be tops.How Ferrari will finish this year is how they will start next year.All is pointing in the right direction under Binnotto.

AMuS

The keys to Ferrari were a better understanding of the car, the new parts, the tire management and the drivers' confidence in their car. And somehow the track layout. How so? Because the curve radii are similar. The Marina Bay Street Circuit consists largely of 90 degree corners. On it one can adjust his car more easily, than on a succession of most different curves. The Hungaroring, for example, mixes angular curves with medium-fast and elongated passages.

Simple reason:

their car is generally so good, with good drivability, good traction, very good tyre handling and downforce and good consumption and he likes it a lot, so he does not have to push it as he has confidence that he can use the (lot) spare power when he needs i.
    Like it was shown in Hungary and in Silverstone where he did the fastest lap at the end of the race on used hard tyre.

As simple as this.

weather is good and it is getting darker, I just love this race, cars looks so good and walls are near, so no room for error, and surely we will see SC today

Yes, hopefully Charles takes his third win a row and Seb overtakes Hamilton and P2, that is all what I am hoping for today

Race starts one hour early today. The rest of the races start at the same time as qualifying.

Only Mika H and Damon H have come in F1 with 3 victory in a row.

Charles could be member of a very elite group here if he wins today's race!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Only Mika H and Damon H have come in F1 with 3 victory in a row.

Charles could be member of a very elite group here if he wins today's race!
    You mean 3 wins in a row in second season?