Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP 2019 Race

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    There's another thing to have in mind, all the mistakes both Seb and Charles have made this season...totally unforced and with nothing to do with the team on a technical level. So some of you should think about that before throwing Ferrari under the bus for not caring who wins the races this late in the season. If you don't understand what happened today, once the team saw they had a chance of a 1-2, then you're either a fanboy of one of the drivers or a hater of the other, and/or vice versa. Part of where Ferrari is right now (closer to RBR than Merc) is because of the errors of both drivers this year.
    +1

Young Charles has a lot to learn yet. When you suspect your team wants to screw you over and is ready to give the tactical advantage to your team mate undeservedly, you start complaining about the tyres, degradation, vibration, anything, to come to the pit earlier. These small lessons will be vital to his carreer, too bad it cost him the win this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    If Ferrari treats Charles this way, they won't have any problems changing the team. However, he is the future of Ferrari. Not Sebastian.
    He is both the present and future. Hopefully Ferrari will realize that someday.

There's another thing to have in mind, all the mistakes both Seb and Charles have made this season...totally unforced and with nothing to do with the team on a technical level. So some of you should think about that before throwing Ferrari under the bus for not caring who wins the races this late in the season. If you don't understand what happened today, once the team saw they had a chance of a 1-2, then you're either a fanboy of one of the drivers or a hater of the other, and/or vice versa. Part of where Ferrari is right now (closer to RBR than Merc) is because of the errors of both drivers this year.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari needed the 1-2 result more than anything else, it is the best result we could achieve outside of winning the championship.
    Just look at how happy the team was during the Italian national anthem, all of them have worked hard to achieve this.

We as the fans, too should appreciate what we've achieved today.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Hussain92 View Post
    You talk about fairness and drivers being treated fairly if you look back to what happened in Monza in Q3 in qualifying in the first run of Q3 Leclerc got the tow in qualifying and Seb had to run in clean air (was only less than 2 tenths off pole on track where tow is everything) and in the second run Charles was supposed to return the favour and give Seb the tow in the final run of Q3 but didn't and ended up doing it too late and blaming it on the traffic saying that it was too late when seb clearly did gave the tow in the first one he was just under 1.5 tenths of Pole without the tow on a circuit where the tow was worth up to 5 tenths of a second so stop crying and enjoy the fact that we got 12 and that Seb is back on form. The moderators need to take action on this thread when there are comments like these which does nothing to help. Negative attitude breeds negative outcomes, positive attitude breeds positive outcomes. I hope people will grow up and realise that this is racing and that's how it goes sometimes. In the past two races it was the other way around so quit your complaining and enjoy the fact that team came 1&2, first ever to do so in Singapore, Seb won his 5th Singapore GP and we took most constructors points home.
    "The moderators need to take action on this thread when there are comments like these which does nothing to help."

What are you, a little child?

What are you, the 'Ferrari Forum Hall Monitor'? Get real - and grow a pair.

And please, PLEASE stick the New Age maxims where the sun doesn't shine. It's boring beyond belief not to mention patronizing.

Don't tell me or anyone else for that matter how to react to any machinations going on inside Ferrari.

Maybe some of us believe that someone got robbed today - and it just doesn't sit well with us. Got it?

The fact that quite a few of us are not pleased with how Vettel won today should itself speak volumes.

Oh, and by the way, Vettel was completely outclassed by Leclerc in Monza - and you damn well know it. And don't let's even get started on that ridiculous little spin of his during the race. Vettel was robbed of nothing in Monza - Leclerc was totally robbed today.

I can only hope he comes out stronger and more feisty than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio View Post
    Well, here's hoping that Leclerc does get pole and does win in Sochi. Go Charles!

Vettel has had it his way inside the team for far too long - and not proven entirely worthy of it, by the way.

That is why many of us who love Ferrari are still very peeved about what went down today.

It's not always just about the team - it's also about both drivers being treated fairly, especially when one clearly had the upper hand on the day.

So, yeah, I'll be rooting for Leclerc more than ever. Vettel can be a good boy and come second.
    Oh no...they will call you "Vettel hater"

But TBH, I have had enough of this forum. When I joined, it was used to be a very good place, but no more. We could argue with Alonso's fanbase, Felipe's fan base, hell even with Raikkonen's fan base. But it is no longer possible here. Certain driver's fanbase have turned this place into a toxic mess, it's just name calling and angry words here, you just can't argue with them.

So mods, you don't have to worry about me anymore, I quit. Ciao and Forza Ferrari.

This is a nonsense argument with nonsense logic. You're conflating errors made by Vettel and Leclerc during this season as somehow justifying the strategy today that gifted Vettel the win.

As for your hysterical statement about "throwing Ferrari under the bus"...Jesus wept. Do please take some smelling salts.

Can't believe all the negative views on Seb's win today, or those who think Charles was cheated out of a win (no guarantee), the way the race panned out proved to be our saviour (SC periods) and Seb was the beneficiary of the strategy. Cars following one another on a circuit like this have to keep a distance and even if Charles had been close enough to fight with Seb, it may have ended in disaster. I'm pleased for Seb, he needed this, but above all we tifosi and the team needed it for all the hard work and development they've done, which for once seems to have worked. Both drivers drove great races and I'm a real Charles supporter, but Seb deserved this one. I am more than happy!

More positives from today: Ferrari's pit team averaged 2.65 seconds per stop and their strategists seem to finally have their heads screwed on right.

Disappointed Since 2010

Yes Seb. Yes Charles.
    A deserved win by Seb.
    Forza Ferrari

This is a nonsense argument with nonsense logic. You're conflating errors made by Vettel and Leclerc during this season as somehow justifying the strategy today that gifted Vettel the win.

As for your hysterical statement about "throwing Ferrari under the bus"...Jesus wept. Do please take some smelling salts.
    Yeah right... so you are the one with ALL the right logic and argument in this forum. Okay, go ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Can't believe all the negative views on Seb's win today, or those who think Charles was cheated out of a win (no guarantee), the way the race panned out proved to be our saviour (SC periods) and Seb was the beneficiary of the strategy. Cars following one another on a circuit like this have to keep a distance and even if Charles had been close enough to fight with Seb, it may have ended in disaster. I'm pleased for Seb, he needed this, but above all we tifosi and the team needed it for all the hard work and development they've done, which for once seems to have worked. Both drivers drove great races and I'm a real Charles supporter, but Seb deserved this one. I am more than happy!
    Well said!

Bravo Seb.... bravo Leclerc.... forza Ferrari.

For the strategy most of the times, vettel takes calls on his own.
    Such negativity on Vettel in this thread, shows every time n time. It’s Ferrari who won, feel happy we got 1 & 2. This was expected to be a tough race for us. Every here deemed that we would get lapped. Feel happy for now. Throwing up negativity around doesn’t work.

Leclerc first job was to pull away from ham. But he wasn’t, may be he was struggling with tyres or something.
    Vettel got into pits to undercut Ham & also he should cover Max Verstappen...!! At this time either Leclerc should have cranked up a lap in order to avoid undercut.
    Instead vettel pumped up FL on those tyres n took the lead.
    If max had pitted, he would have also in the same position as vettel, few of them don’t understand here.

Anyways good job by the team very good 1&2 finish. I can sleep happily.

Hope we get WCC

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    More positives from today: Ferrari's pit team averaged 2.65 seconds per stop and their strategists seem to finally have their heads screwed on right.

Yeah from past couple of races, Pit strategy is spot on with tyres & timing.

Very disappointed with some of the comments on here today. F1 is a team sport and always has been. Today the team's strategy and hard work paid off with a superb 1-2. Ferrari fans should be celebrating not whinging and whining.... save that for the Merc fans !
    Last edited by Ree; 22nd September 2019 at 20:24.

Singapore, a venue that will live in infamy. Definitely a circuit that has to be scrapped. If Singapore wants F1 racing, they should build an appropriate track. This one and Monaco, particularly, are a joke and do tremendous disservice to the premier class in auto racing.

There is nothing to argue the most important thing that Ferrari won. For me the most important thing is that the team managed to rise after the very hard first part of the season. The updates have worked fantastic and it is possible that we will win many races this season.

"The moderators need to take action on this thread when there are comments like these which does nothing to help."

What are you, a little child?

What are you, the 'Ferrari Forum Hall Monitor'? Get real - and grow a pair.

And please, PLEASE stick the New Age maxims where the sun doesn't shine. It's boring beyond belief not to mention patronizing.

Don't tell me or anyone else for that matter how to react to any machinations going on inside Ferrari.

Maybe some of us believe that someone got robbed today - and it just doesn't sit well with us. Got it?

The fact that quite a few of us are not pleased with how Vettel won today should itself speak volumes.

Oh, and by the way, Vettel was completely outclassed by Leclerc in Monza - and you damn well know it. And don't let's even get started on that ridiculous little spin of his during the race. Vettel was robbed of nothing in Monza - Leclerc was totally robbed today.

I can only hope he comes out stronger and more feisty than ever.
    Have you made multiple accounts under different names is that why there are "few of us not happy".

Are you Charles Leclercs Manager in secret here?.. 😂😂

Anyways it's a shame that these sort of comments detract away from the real story which is as a team we did amazing! Onwards and upwards from here. Fantastic job from the team!

I’m impressed with Charles maturity in this situation

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well said Wisepie! Another week to celebrate in front of us

Forza Scuderia, Forza Seb, Forza Charles (order from old to young )

Ferrari, the TEAM, employed a strategy that benefited the TEAM and finished with 1-2 in the race.

Pilots come and go but Ferrari is eternal.

Deleted double post

Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    Ferrari, the TEAM, employed a strategy that benefited the TEAM and finished with 1-2 in the race.

Pilots come and go but Ferrari is eternal.
    Superb . Ferrari forever.

Vettel drove a good outlap, but nothing that should have resulted in this.

His outlap was faster then Lec because Lec got out behind him, so there is no point in his outlap.

Their inlap where ~0.1s, with Seb having 1 lap younger tires, so pretty neck and neck.

Just that new tires where ~3s faster then 20laps old softs over very big lap and thats that. Max was for example very fast in S1 of an outlap but got behind one car which resulted in slower S2 and S3, therefore "bad" outlap.

I think this win was necessary for Seb, but I think he is gonna get dominated in Sochi. Because here, he was just plain slower, and its his favorite track.

Great race for Ferrari today. This car is a monster. Once it is dialled in, it is unbeatable. Great upgrade by the team. Unbelievable.

Lap 18 Leclerc was struggling, Ham caught him.
    Lap 19 max on radio said he’s struggling to find grip, so RB team is prepared for Pit stop.
    Lap 20 vettel into pits to cover max & undercut Ham. Pit stop was 3sec
    Lap 21 Ham on radio lets undercut Leclerc.
    On the same lap Lec into pits thought to cover Ham as he might be in pits. Pit stop was 2.4 sec.

During this phase, Vettel Pumped up FL & covered almost 2.6 (.6 pit stop + 2sec lead). Max struck behind Hulk, so was not able replicate the same pace as Vettel else it would have close between Max & Leclerc too. Just like vettel n Leclerc.

It’s fair n square. For me it was good racing, happy weekend, Ferrari 1-2 finish nobody thought this would happen in this track. So be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He is both the present and future. Hopefully Ferrari will realize that someday.
    They realize it now, or they wouldn’t have signed him at 21.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRacer View Post
    Great race for Ferrari today. This car is a monster. Once it is dialled in, it is unbeatable. Great upgrade by the team. Unbelievable.

Yessir

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Lap 18 Leclerc was struggling, Ham caught him.
    Lap 19 max on radio said he’s struggling to find grip, so RB team is prepared for Pit stop.
    Lap 20 vettel into pits to cover max & undercut Ham. Pit stop was 3sec
    Lap 21 Ham on radio lets undercut Leclerc.
    On the same lap Lec into pits thought to cover Ham as he might be in pits. Pit stop was 2.4 sec.

During this phase, Vettel Pumped up FL & covered almost 2.6 (.6 pit stop + 2sec lead). Max struck behind Hulk, so was not able replicate the same pace as Vettel else it would have close between Max & Leclerc too. Just like vettel n Leclerc.

It’s fair n square. For me it was good racing, happy weekend, Ferrari 1-2 finish nobody thought this would happen in this track. So be happy.
    This is exactly as I see it, fratello. Both our drivers are hard not to like. Team first

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus