Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Russian Grand Prix build-up

2019 Russian Grand Prix build-up

Start-and-finish straight approximately 1.22 km flat-out.
    Back straight approximately 1 km flat-out.
    Very low tyre degradation.
    Mainly medium-speed short corners.
    Four other straights above 300 metres in length.

Is it just me or does that feel like another epic opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Start-and-finish straight approximately 1.22 km flat-out.
    Back straight approximately 1 km flat-out.
    Very low tyre degradation.
    Mainly medium-speed short corners.
    Four other straights above 300 metres in length.

Is it just me or does that feel like another epic opportunity?
    It will be if no rain, hopefully

Analysing stuff in my head.
    If dry and we have a good setup, reliability free weekend, we could gain as much as 0,3-0,4s alone at the main straight, then another 0,3s in the long s2 straight. S1 has just two corners, which are high-speed corners, one with full power, flat out. Then S2 is all about the medium speed corners, a little faster as Singapore 90 degrees corners, which should be solid for us. S3 is all about the traction. We will see.

Its a 1 stop race easy, start will be crucial.

I hope Seb and Lec will be allowed to race themselves if we lock P1,2 in qualy. If Ham/Max do not interfere in between, that is.

Wasn't Max supposed to take another engine for that one?

Either way, assuming it's a wet qualifying, luckily we still have the straightline speed and Bottas is really mediocre in the wet, so we could still plant the cars say P2 and P3 in that scenario purely because it goes so fast in a straight line. Sunday looks like a really good chance of a dry race, but for pole we probably need to depend on a gap for few hours at the right time.

first time.... sticking my head out for once.
    Leclerc to qualify 1st.
    there I predict it now!!!

don’t predict anything too soon. Off late we are in a good form.
    Let’s not jinx & get disappointed, take what ever we get on that day. So as to keep our hopes limited.
    Just pray for a good weekend. Anything above that it’s a bonus for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Let’s not jinx & get disappointed, take what ever we get on that day. So as to keep our hopes limited.
    Good words

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No such thing as a jinx.
    I will continue to believe until we are mathematically eliminated

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Well if Ferrari can continue to qualy well and lead the races ini a 1,2 formation, this will force the Mercs to run their engines harder, hopefully they overheat and blow up in 3 or 4 of the upcoming races and presto... Ferrari has great chance to win WCC.

It's a nice wish. Ferrari fans deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well if Ferrari can continue to qualy well and lead the races ini a 1,2 formation, this will force the Mercs to run their engines harder, hopefully they overheat and blow up in 3 or 4 of the upcoming races and presto... Ferrari has great chance to win WCC.

It's a nice wish. Ferrari fans deserve it.
    That is wishful thinking, but they won’t do that.....they’ll just be collecting the 3-4 places and prolly still cruise to the WCC
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

2nd half of season Ferrari 3 mercedes 0.Hopefully number 4 coming up now that's going to hurt .The wolf is already howling.

1. Pole doesnt mean much here, second place or even third place to start is better.
    2. Seb is decent here, maybe he will rediscover his real form, or not. Also Leclerc was good there last year.
    3. Bottas, Hamilton could be in the mix.
    4. Never take anything, or a domination for granted. You never know what could happen.
    5. Rain on saturday is expected.
    6. WDC,WCC is lost long time ago, now its all about the glory and the final races. I have already all eyes at 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    1. Pole doesnt mean much here, second place or even third place to start is better.
    2. Seb is decent here, maybe he will rediscover his real form, or not. Also Leclerc was good there last year.
    3. Bottas, Hamilton could be in the mix.
    4. Never take anything, or a domination for granted. You never know what could happen.
    5. Rain on saturday is expected.
    6. WDC,WCC is lost long time ago, now its all about the glory and the final races. I have already all eyes at 2020.
    But still a pole is pole in the records. If it’s dry then Leclerc, else Ham.
    Race: Anything can happen.

It look like Ferrari have found special things because they have just chosen only 1 set of hard type for races until now after summer break dont you?

I looked at Singapore 2015, and saw that crazy shocking lap by Seb. After 1 lap he had 3 seconds in the pocket, Seb on his day when everthing worked was awesome on pure pace and even unstoppable, he had the same kind of lap right after he pited in Singapore this year. His peak was 2010-2013 and parts of 2015, 2017, also first part of 2018. I am afraid he already reached his peak, and will never had that amazing 1-lap pace anymore in qualy. He improved on race pace, but rear instability of the car really hurts him. We will see what the future will bring, wish all the best for our Ferrari driver...

Last edited by Vettel165; 24th September 2019 at 15:10.

We don’t have long to wait to see if le rosse are the real deal.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I looked at Singapore 2015, and saw that crazy shocking lap by Seb. After 1 lap he had 3 seconds in the pocket, Seb on his day when everthing worked was awesome on pure pace and even unstoppable, he had the same kind of lap right after he pited in Singapore this year. His peak was 2010-2013 and parts of 2015, 2017, also first part of 2018. I am afraid he already reached his peak, and will never had that amazing 1-lap pace anymore in qualy. He improved on race pace, but rear instability of the car really hurts him. We will see what the future will bring, wish all the best for our Ferrari driver...

https://i.postimg.cc/WzZkwf3N/Brez-naslova.png
    BTW for "crazy pace" after pit in Singapore...Bottas was 2 tenths faster on lap after his pitstop (2 laps after Seb). So it was pretty fast, but nothing out of ordinary.

Charles qualified well and had a good race last year. I think he'll do well here.

No, it is not true that he will not have that spectacular 1 lap pace anymore. This car is diametrically opposite to what is liked by Sebastian. Well at least it was, now things are improving and you can see since Monza, Vettel had enough pace in him to be on pole by quite some margin. In Monza 2019, with tow Seb would be on pole by a minimum of 3 tenths. If not for his Singapore Q3 final lap error, he would be on pole once again. Also, if the car does have a good rear end like the one 2017 car had, then you would see the same performances as 2017.

The current car isn't doing what Vettel wants it to do, the 2017 car did and that is why he was supreme that year. The moment Vettel has confidence in the car and the car responds the way he likes, he will be back to his unbeatable best. Then other drivers can fight for P2 in quali and race and forget about P1.

SF70H had LOADS of oversteer. Back in 2017 everyone was talking about how stable Merc was and how agile and a bit nervous SF70H was. It makes no difference, difference is in team mate. Seb's team mate for last 4 season is now getting matched in qualifying by Giovanazzi, while Leclerc is entirely different stratosphere to these two. Same story with Ricciardo in 2014...

Suddenly, if Ferrari was to take Stroll as driver for 2020, Vettel would be beating him like 0.5s per lap, easily, and everyone would be saying "See, when he has a car, nobody can beat him". Yea...no.

And you do everthing in every single post to downplay Seb. Its very boring now the same stuff all over again every day...

And you do everthing in every single post to downplay Seb. Its very boring now the same stuff all over again every day...
    he's right though, you Seb fanboyyyy that you are....and is EATING YOU ON THE INSIDE.....because teh ballerina finally has a teammate taht can beat him in quali regularly.....no wonder Seb kept wanting to have Kimi as a teammate....so he won't look so mediocre....

he got spanked by Richiardo in 2014 adn teh same is happening this year by youngster LeClerc....

please take off you blinders, Seb isn't what everyone is praising him to be.....he's NEVER had a fast teammate (except in 2014 when he got wooped by Richiardo)...weber was an old pensioneer, kimi likewise....

i would have loved to see him head to head with the likes of Alonso or Lewis in EQUAL MACHINERY.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

2014 Seb had perfomance clouse so he can leave RBR. And join his dream Team. He also had many more issues as ricciardo retired at australia, Monaco, austria and many more qualy issues. On pure 1 Lap pace ricciardo and him were equal. It was just Ricciardo who had less tyre wear and that was crucial that year. On pure pace Seb vs Ricci in 2013 it would be an easy Seb win.

I am proud Seb and Ferrari fan and will always be. Every one supports who he wants. This is how it is.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 24th September 2019 at 18:53.

Oh god same vettel vs Lec thread ....! Can’t we stop this.??

Race stewards

- Dr Gerd Ennser
    - Andrew Mallalieu
    - Emanuele Pirro [Drivers' Representative]
    - George Andreev [National Steward]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFOmh7HXUAIWLl3.jpg

also

- Lap record: 1:35.861 (Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, 2018)
    - Start line/finish line offset: 0.199km
    - Total number of race laps: 53
    - Total race distance: 309.745km
    - Pitlane speed limits: 60km/h in practice, qualifying, and the race.
    ► The track has been resurfaced at the exit of Turn 2, from the entry to the exit of Turn 8, from the entry to Turn 15 through to Point 16.5 and in a small section in the middle of the fast lane.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFOm6H4X4AYSHnH.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I agree with Vettel165. This is getting tiresome. Anytime someone says anything remotely nice about Vettel, the three stooges arrive and turn everything into a hate fest. Chill guys. He didn't anything negative about Leclerc. People are still allowed to support either of our drivers.

So the front tyre pressure for Russian GP is 23psi, 1.5psi more than last year. I don't get the reasoning, this year's tyres are one step harder then last years so why increase the front tyre pressure even more? and when you think about it, 23psi is insanely high.
    Rear tyre pressure is 19psi(-2).

Sheesh. Here we go again. It's the Baku thread and the Seb-bashing/defending starts again.. I personally have my problems with him as a driver but cmon.. This is so immature. Let. The. Man. Be. And enjoy that we seem to have a fast, race-winning car again after long months of suffering.