Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2019 Race

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No I am not, you are the one saying the marshalls are not worthy of being considered...which off course is pathetic and rather childish.
    I've done no ad hominems and you're approaching double figures I don't get it Keep it civil. I'm no child. I'm in my 20's. Ad hominems lead nowhere.

I expect a 3 way battle in Suzuka, obviously Honda's home race.

No I am not, you are the one saying the marshalls are not worthy of being considered...which off course is pathetic and rather childish.
    correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I've done no ad hominems and you're approaching double figures I don't get it
    Go play your game....maybe you think gaming is real life or something.
    Forza Ferrari

Wolff 1, Binotto 0

Bad pit management/strategy. The team needs to work as a unity and it's not. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by doublesixes; 29th September 2019 at 13:22.

Go play your game....maybe you think gaming is real life or something.
    Another personal attack on me for stating the obvious that the FIA and Mercedes always seem to align. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Huh? Do you compare HAM lapping on old tires with LEC on new tires? Hos is that relevant? I said Merc is probably quicker in the long run on race pace with tire degradation included. I DID NOT SAY Merc could outpace a Ferrari with new tires, with Mercs on old tires.

The reason Ferrari would have won today is because they are quick in Q and get track position forcing HAM to bide his time behind and use and alternative strategy and run long to have a chance.

Lewis and Merc WON THE LOTTERY today, but that does not mean they would have the better race pace if both teams were in clean air. Meaning I think HAM could have won the race if on race pace if he had taken the start for example.
    Again, after lap 15, Vettel should've started losing time to Hamilton thanks to him being on a softer tyre. But it didn't happen, Vettel was pulling away from Hamilton and the gap between them was 7.1 sec, with Charles being 3.2 seconds ahead of Hamilton. So where was that Mercedes and it's great race pace? Why couldn't Hamilton closed the gap to Leclerc, even when he had more durable tyres. The answer is simple, because he was slower and Ferrari was faster.

And speaking of quali, it is the real way to judge a car's true pace. In Q3 they run the highest engine mode available with the softest tyre, and Leclerc was 0.4sec ahead.
    Since SPA, Ferrari is ahead of Mercedes. Yes, one lucky pole or a win is possible with a slower car. But 4 pole positions in a row, 3 race wins in a row with the last being a 1-2, you really think it is possible with slower car? No it isn't.

People are saying Vettel would have taken a tow anyway, no. Leclerc gave him a tow instead of Hamilton, although entire agreement was completely idiotic in a first place.

What Ferrari wanted was 1-2 into first corner and then stretch a pace over Mercedes. If deal was "Give Vettel a tow and not Hamilton", then Vettel was in the wrong.

Another personal attack on me for stating the obvious that the FIA and Mercedes always seem to align. Nice
    Yes Merc and FIA made our car fail to help Lewis.....thats what happened today.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I expect a 3 way battle in Suzuka, obviously Honda's home race.
    Max was properly smoked today. He had no answer to Ferrari/Mercedes pace.
    Suzuka may be Honda's home race, it's not gonna help them. They can bring whatever engine upgrades they want to, but it's not gonna change anything. They will remain the 3rd best team.

Yes Merc and FIA made our car fail to help Lewis.....thats what happened today.
    The whole point is that I think there should've been yellow flags and no VSC because the marshals were very safe where the car was parked. You have another opinion and somehow that makes me a child, because I see patterns in it that you don't agree with. Come on. New race in two weeks time instead, how about that? Calm down please.

The whole point is that I think there should've been yellow flags and no VSC. You have another opinion and somehow that makes me a child, because I see patterns in it that you don't agree with. Come on. New race in two weeks time instead, how about that? Calm down please.
    Marshalls on track is VSC, they are more important than what you think

Did you cry about the SC's in Singapore that kind of helped us make our tyres last? no can't recall it...funny that.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Again, after lap 15, Vettel should've started losing time to Hamilton thanks to him being on a softer tyre. But it didn't happen, Vettel was pulling away from Hamilton and the gap between them was 7.1 sec, with Charles being 3.2 seconds ahead of Hamilton. So where was that Mercedes and it's great race pace? Why couldn't Hamilton closed the gap to Leclerc, even when he had more durable tyres. The answer is simple, because he was slower and Ferrari was faster.
    Again, Hamiltons strategy was NOT to try to stay as close to the Ferraris as possible, as it would have been impossible to overtake. HAM could do not do anything about Seb getting away as LEC was in front of him he knew that. His strategy was to cruise around and save the tires and then hope to run long and wait for VSC and Safety car. Getting to close to Lec would only have ruined his tires. The strategy was to wait for VSC or SC and pit. Or go very long and hope to attack in the end. On top of that the soft tire were the quicker tire as well, and as you saw HAM showed better pace when running on softs, so when you compare Ferrari times on soft and Merc times on mediums, then thats not accurate either.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Need to just let them race, no pre-race deals. Seb was quicker today and now Charles feels cheated by Seb a bad situation that is not needed.
    Exactly!!

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Marshalls on track is VSC, they are more important than what you think.
    I've already posted the screenshot where the car was 19 metres away from the track. That's not ON the track. Marshals on the actual track surface is an immediate real SC.

I've already posted the screenshot where the car was 19 metres away from the track. That's not ON the track. Marshals on the actual track surface is an immediate real SC.
    Wow I have no words now. They should also let fans stand there, it's 19 meters off the track....right.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Again, Hamiltons strategy was NOT to try to stay as close to the Ferraris as possible, as it would have been impossible to overtake. His strategy was to cruise around and save the tires and then hope to run long and wait for VSC and Safety car. Getting to close to Lec would only have ruined his tires. The strategy was to wait for VSC or SC and pit. Or go very long and hope to attack in the end.
    And after the pit-stop, he would've come out behind Ferrari. And you said yourself that it is impossible to overtake here, so why bother attacking and destroying his tyres.

Wow I have no words now.
    Why? The runoffs is not a part of the racing surface. Cars travel safely past it at slow speed a couple of dozen metres away on the apex racing line that was even further from the situation where the outer white line went. Of course that was no VSC. That the FIA went full IndyCar and has escalatingly done so ever since the Americans took over was just the icing on the cake.

Why? The runoffs is not a part of the racing surface. Cars travel safely past it at slow speed a couple of dozen metres away on the apex racing line that was even further from the situation where the outer white line went. Of course that was no VSC.
    Run off is still part of the circuit are you seriously being this stupid?
    Forza Ferrari

Wow I have no words now. They should also let fans stand there, it's 19 meters off the track....right.
    Pretty sure the tractor that killed bianchie was further away than 19meters.

Rather we come 3rd than something bad happens again. Win some lose some. Australia 2018 for example
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

I don't think our car failed seb parked it and that's that!!! I would have to!

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    Off course it failed. Other wise Seb will be sacked tomorrow.
    Forza Ferrari

Hope Seb leaves this salty Team. The sooner the better. Dominated the field and than they give him bad strateg and put him behind Team mate. Seb is the real winner today.

Run off is still part of the circuit are you seriously being this stupid?
    I've lost count of the ad hominems now. Runoffs are not part of the circuit, hence you get penalised if you drive over it and gain an advantage. It's a buffer zone designed for cars to be able to spin off or park safely. Under no circumstances is a car expected to drive there under racing and yellow-flag conditions. That Suzuka 2014 should've been red-flagged we can all agree with but it has no bearing on a slow place under dry conditions. You can't aquaplan on a dry surface going 110 kph with F1 brakes.

You honestly think he just had an issue with the car out of no where? With all that pit wall that was going on! Seb was faster end of story and start line scenarios are theories until it unfolds infront of you. Switch positions after next lap did that make sence to anyone?? Merc were just waiting for us to implode which we did right on que.

I've lost count of the ad hominems now. Runoffs are not part of the circuit,
    Forza Ferrari

Team radio message to Seb: Stop the car
    You did not hear that?

It was a spec 3 PU that broke down today? They used spec 2 PUs in Singapore but this one was the lastest, right? Not good.

So you think a car can aquaplan on a dry surface going at a highway speed with ultra-efficient carbon fibre brakes? Or why was that part left out?

These drivers are the best in the world and if drivers go too fast under yellow they get penalised. Simples.