Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2019 Race

Vettel passed Hamilton way before slipstream effects would have gotten into effect.

Also when he pulled out of Leclerc's slipstream, he was along the pit exit; also way before the corner at the end of straight. He got P1 because he got a great start not because Lerlerc particularly helped him apart from the unavoidable slipstream.

RussiaGPStart.jpg

Race highlights:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Pn2bII_sg

Weather we like it or not f1 needs a major shake up with the rules why would mid field teams continue with this circus of formula 1.Every race weekend it's the same story mercedes vs Ferrari then others.The sport is in trouble and it's loosing it's appeal and fans.Liberty media know this and time is of the essence .The problem as always is getting the big three to agree and that is bloody hard.May be f1 needs Donald trump to do the negotiating because at the moment it is rather pathetic reminds me of school kids in the play area during a break total chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by sreekant View Post
    Hammy is the luckiest winner of championships...delivered on a platter due to unfortunate bizzare rules and propoganda!
    He has sold his soul to the devil 6 times already

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Vettel passed Hamilton way before slipstream effects would have gotten into effect.

Also when he pulled out of Leclerc's slipstream, he was along the pit exit; also way before the corner at the end of straight. He got P1 because he got a great start not because Lerlerc particularly helped him apart from the unavoidable slipstream.

RussiaGPStart.jpg

Race highlights:
    But thats the thing it was avoidable in a sense. He would almost certainly go taking inside line and defend it hard. Instead he gave perfect tow, didnt try to break it and gave inside line of T1

Vettel took it and played snart later by saying "he is too far" around 1.4s at lap 9 when he was last tine asked to give position. He DIDINT hold on agreement they had and under which Leclerc operates (never moved inside during the run up to T1 nor taking inside line to defend).

Ferrari have not won the Japanese GP since 2004
    I hope we can put that right.

I love Ferrari and all, but the fact is they been destroying new or old drivers talents since 2007. They destroyed Massa with his bad treatement, Alonso self-destruct with his temperament, they destroyed Kimi as an old second driver, and are about to destroy Seb, next is probably Charles on the list sadly. With this management we will never win the title again, there is a reason why Ferrari didnt win for 13 years now. With bad strategy they cost Massa the title in 2008 (Singapore), I was very angry back than, they cost Alonso the title in Abu Dhabi and many more.

Yes FERRARI is a team with amazing passion, but would take the better and more relaxed team environment as it is in RBR, Mercedes any day of the week. Its much easier for Hamilton to work in peace as Seb, who is always under pressure. Ferrari is the team with the most in-pressure, most of that pressure we dont even know and see. Sad reality.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 30th September 2019 at 07:42.

i suggest if there are any people who came here because of vettel.. to slowly pull out of this forum... cause it looks like its gonna get ugly in here... before vettel it was kimi bashing... now its vettel... after couple of years if mick shumacher shows up and he is good.. then its leccy turn to be bashed... thats how things work in here... they will just call any guy "daddy" if he pleases them. and when new guy shows up..then he is daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    i suggest if there are any people who came here because of vettel.. to slowly pull out of this forum... cause it looks like its gonna get ugly in here... before vettel it was kimi bashing... now its vettel... after couple of years if mick shumacher shows up and he is good.. then its leccy turn to be bashed... thats how things work in here... they will just call any guy "daddy" if he pleases them. and when new guy shows up..then he is daddy.
    Agree!

the whole agreement things was just B5 , like charles had agreed " i am gonna give seb slipstream but then we will swap later" ... like if he had this button
    on his wheel which generated slipstream for vettel...as if he could have not given slipstream if he wanted.... as if he had any other choice.. he knew vettel would have gone past anyway ,and hamilton was not gonna be a threat as he was on mediums... just made sure he talked with team to subject vettel to that,
    there was no need for that agreement anyway. hamilton would sure have been outdragged by both ferrarris. ferrarri 1- 2 was a given, but lecccy pulled strings with team to get that agreement.Like he was being the good guy to give seb the tow.. just to save him from hamilton... what a joke...
    Last edited by f412; 30th September 2019 at 08:18.

there was a reason why leclerc was nowhere in the driver of the day list.. people just saw through the whole drama.. the whining.. his speech of liberation on the radio... "im the sacrificial lamb,...blah blah"... "if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I love Ferrari and all, but the fact is they been destroying new or old drivers talents since 2007. They destroyed Massa with his bad treatement, Alonso self-destruct with his temperament, they destroyed Kimi as an old second driver, and are about to destroy Seb, next is probably Charles on the list sadly. With this management we will never win the title again, there is a reason why Ferrari didnt win for 13 years now. With bad strategy they cost Massa the title in 2008 (Singapore), I was very angry back than, they cost Alonso the title in Abu Dhabi and many more.

Yes FERRARI is a team with amazing passion, but would take the better and more relaxed team environment as it is in RBR, Mercedes any day of the week. Its much easier for Hamilton to work in peace as Seb, who is always under pressure. Ferrari is the team with the most in-pressure, most of that pressure we dont even know and see. Sad reality.
    Massa got bad treatment? Kimi fans would say it was the other way round, not sure what strategy cost him the title but there was mistakes made by Felipe as well as some technical issues....Ferrari has more pressure than other teams? so what else is new we are the biggest team on the grid and with that comes pressure.
    Forza Ferrari

Well ,

This is very hard to swallow.

Froma possible vitory 1-2 or 1-3 we got only 3.

all this about positions is just good, because you see that everybody want to win. It is better like this to have two drivers constatnly fighting and raising racing bar and performance.

For me looking from brigth side 4 races in row we are excellent in qualy and race trim. Two fast circuits, two street circuits. So we now will se how we are standing in suzuka.

Remember in past when we try to beat merc we are trying different strategies. So now merc is doin that, that is sign that we are very good when merc isnt capaable of win with same strategies
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    the whole agreement things was just B5 , like charles had agreed " i am gonna give seb slipstream but then we will swap later" ... like if he had this button
    on his wheel which generated slipstream for vettel...as if he could have not given slipstream if he wanted.... as if he had any other choice.. he knew vettel would have gone past anyway ,and hamilton was not gonna be a threat as he was on mediums... just made sure he talked with team to subject vettel to that,
    there was no need for that agreement anyway. hamilton would sure have been outdragged by both ferrarris. ferrarri 1- 2 was a given, but lecccy pulled strings with team to get that agreement.Like he was being the good guy to give seb the tow.. just to save him from hamilton... what a joke...
    Mate, Leclerc could have tried to break slipstream instead of going straight as an arrow. He could and would go to the inside and therefore force Seb to take inside line for tow, but he would stay inside while Seb would have to move outside before overtake and go there, and its very hard to pull of. Thats why there was a deal in place, Seb knew about it, took advantage and then didn't want to give position back.

Leclerc was in position of guy completely trusting the agreement and Vettel used agreement to prove a point. A bit different from his "Ferrari is bigger then any driver" from Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Mate, Leclerc could have tried to break slipstream instead of going straight as an arrow. He could and would go to the inside and therefore force Seb to take inside line for tow, but he would stay inside while Seb would have to move outside before overtake and go there, and its very hard to pull of. Thats why there was a deal in place, Seb knew about it, took advantage and then didn't want to give position back.

Leclerc was in position of guy completely trusting the agreement and Vettel used agreement to prove a point. A bit different from his "Ferrari is bigger then any driver" from Singapore
    So u say Lec adhere to team & vettel didn’t ??
    Then why did vet block Ham in spa ? Then why did vet allowed Charles who was faster in Baku I think so?

You are translating total different scenario here, making vettel as the accused. Don’t know why.
    Vettel on the radio said “Charles is not close enough, if he back off now n give place to Lec then I will fall into Ham DRS range so let’s move on n will see it after 10L.” (This message you are not projecting at all).
    Vettel built a gap which he is entitled too... he had the pace over Leclerc. Who was struggling to match. (Plz don’t say he was trying to protect his tyres) if that is the case vettel should also protect his tyres for long first stint.

This is where team thought rather than on the track, let’s do it on Pit stop (undercut). Actually undercut doesn’t work out on this track. Lec got first priority (this also you are not projecting, where as In Singapore GP when vettel got first priority you said ferrari did ruin Leclerc win). Lec made it count with fresh set of mediums, at the same time team opted vettel to stay out for longer in order to meet Lec agreement. When vet came out of pit & saw Lec ahead, vettel agreed to it & said it’s ok (this also you are not highlighting it). Even during interview vettel said “there might be a point where position swap is on at the end of the race, but my car didn’t go till that extent”. (Even this one you are not pointing)

Above are the key points in a race.
    I appreciate Leclerc for his efforts & at the same time vettel too. But in the race Vettel was faster, at some point he would have caught Lec n there might be another controversy discussion over here.

Every race here in this forum, people are making some controversial statements out of nowhere.
    Please calm down, we have two strong drivers who are driving for a win. Not sitting back n watching the show,Appreciate it.
    This is just the beginning, let the driver who is faster on the race day win the race whether it’s Lec/vettel.
    We don’t want another environment in the team where drivers fight with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post

dude just watch the replay of race start.... leclerc never went straight... ham went left..lec went right potentially blocking seb.. and then seb and ham were side by side.. if lec had actually gone straight vet could have immediately gone to the middle and be ahead of hamster, and like you said if lec had gone to the dirty inside earlier just to outdo vettel... he would have been overtaken by seb on the cleaner side of the track...which is the racing line... lec did what he had to drive the car on the fastest line the racing line, seb just had to follow and pull out..at the entry of next corner.

OK stop, just stop.

There is no use crying over spilt milk. I mean seriously, what is the point of all this ?

There was a perfect storm , the result of this was our ending in P3 and a car not finishing.

Team needs to analyze this, learn from its mistakes - mainly how to deal with the egos of the drivers and pre race tactics , then move on.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    OK stop, just stop.

There is no use crying over spilt milk. I mean seriously, what is the point of all this ?

There was a perfect storm , the result of this was our ending in P3 and a car not finishing.

Team needs to analyze this, learn from its mistakes - mainly how to deal with the egos of the drivers and pre race tactics , then move on.
    Just big BRAVO for comment!!!

Since summerbreak we have been fighting for victory during all the 4 races starting from pole everyone of them

Despite the disappointment yesterday, it feels fantastic and cannot wait for Japan to come!

Forza Scuderia

Albon was good, starting from pit lane and ended P5, really positive surprise this Albon.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post

Race highlights:
    And he didn't fight him or covered his inside line. As Binotto said, the plan was to give Vettel the slipstream and not fight him at the start. And Leclerc kept his end of the bargain, didn't put up any defense whatsoever and let Vettel take the inside line.
    I guess, Leclerc's only fault was to get the pole and obey the team strategy, knowing that it would cost him P1.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Albon was good, starting from pit lane and ended P5, really positive surprise this Albon.
    Yes he is, but bare in mind he got help from VSC and SC

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I guess, Leclerc's only fault was to get the pole and obey the team strategy, knowing that it would cost him P1.
    No one was at fault. Leclerc got his place back after they pitted Seb.

The only fault for Ferrari was Seb's DNF (MGU-K failure)....."gifting" Mercedes a 1-2 finish. We were unlucky.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

OK stop, just stop.

+1, and disappointed as we all are, we are making the Charles/Seb argument the main topic and it's painful to see so much vitriol between each drivers' fans, we are Ferrari supporters are we not?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    +1, and disappointed as we all are, we are making the Charles/Seb argument the main topic and it's painful to see so much vitriol between each drivers' fans, we are Ferrari supporters are we not?
    Ferrari above everything!!!!

OK stop, just stop.

Personally, I think this team needs to get significantly better in the strategy department. As far as I'm concerned, the only team they were racing yesterday was Mercedes... they saw Mercedes going on the medium's, they should have matched them. That would have taken all of the guess work out of everything... which could have made a big difference yesterday... I miss the early 2000's when Ferrari had the best strategist in the business...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It’s better to shut radio on both cars & tell them to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Personally, I think this team needs to get significantly better in the strategy department. As far as I'm concerned, the only team they were racing yesterday was Mercedes... they saw Mercedes going on the medium's, they should have matched them. That would have taken all of the guess work out of everything... which could have made a big difference yesterday... I miss the early 2000's when Ferrari had the best strategist in the business...
    Mercedes are untouchables with the mediums, have been so for the longest time. If we match them in qualifying, then there is a big chance they would have gotten pole instead of us. The only reason they started on mediums is because they have nothing to lose, they have a big lead in the championship and an ultra reliable car. They only had to finish in the top 5 in the remaining races and win both championships in 6 consecutive years.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Mercedes are untouchables with the mediums, have been so for the longest time. If we match them in qualifying, then there is a big chance they would have gotten pole instead of us. The only reason they started on mediums is because they have nothing to lose, they have a big lead in the championship and an ultra reliable car. They only had to finish in the top 5 in the remaining races and win both championships in 6 consecutive years.
    Not sure I understand? if Ferrari were to have put on the mediums in Q2, they still would have made it through to the top 10 and they would have done Q3 on softs?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I couldn't believe the race. I feel so sorry for Seb and I agree with him. These hybrid engines need to go!!!! Utter rubbish they are.

Very disappointed that Charles couldn't even pass the useless wingman bottas. As for ham, I swear he signed a deal with the devil. Never never never known a more lucky driver. I've lost count now of how many wins and titles he's been gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevertmyhero View Post
    I couldn't believe the race. I feel so sorry for Seb and I agree with him. These hybrid engines need to go!!!! Utter rubbish they are.

Very disappointed that Charles couldn't even pass the useless wingman bottas. As for ham, I swear he signed a deal with the devil. Never never never known a more lucky driver. I've lost count now of how many wins and titles he's been gifted.
    Cheers mate.

But this season is a "testing" season for us, WDC,WCC is long over. Its all about winning some races now, a preparation for next year in which we have to stop making dumb team mistakes, and also stop the whole driver mistakes, crashes.

Hope Seb is trully back (Team needs a fully capable Seb in the team), and would win some more races until the end of this season, he deserve it. I think he could be fast in Suzuka, Abu Dhabi, Brasil, Austin, with Mexico being his bad track. We need better reliability.

53 WINS, 4 WDC! ALWAYS FOR SEB, NO MATTER WHAT.