Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Japanese GP Build Up, Practice & Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    The gap to merc on Mediums was absurd. Half a second to 1.3seconds off. Renault happened to match vettel during his medium runs however leclerc did to slightly better on mediums. Having said that I'm just genuinely surprised tifosi didn't pick the soft runs of vettel.. He not only matched Hamilton on those tyres he was lapping quicker than bottas. Leclerc was off the target laptime 1:35 given to him by the engineer. Vettel lapped in 1:34s even the commentators seemed to ignore that bit. If leclerc gets to somehow put it between the mercs come qualifying I would bet on vettel being strong in race trim. It isn't too bad considering we haven't even turned the engine up yet. Just need to qualify top 4 for both cars and it will be a lottery race if it rains.
    Perfectly said. I doubt ferrari showed true hand considering they improve in quali & race.
    It’s overnight for Ferrari to get the set up right from the data collected on Friday.

Be real do you honestly think that the margins are that large I do not think so no way more to come from the reds.

With Spec 3 and and some setup changes we will be up there with Mercedes.

Sure, today's long run pace not looking good, but it was the same in Singapore. And we all know the rest.

Friday running are always inconclusive, the real qualifying lap will be at least 1 second faster than today. Hopefully the conditions will be good on Sunday, so that we can have a real qualifying session.

BUSY FRIDAY AS TYPHOON WIPES OUT SATURDAY

Suzuka, 11 October 2019 – It was a busier Friday than usual here today. Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, along with the nine other teams had to make the most of today’s track time, given that the circuit will be closed tomorrow and free practice 3 is cancelled while qualifying is postponed to Sunday morning at 10. All this is because of the imminent arrival of typhoon Hagibis which is meant to hit the Mie Prefecture overnight and last throughout Saturday. By Sunday, sunny and dry conditions are expected.

FP1. The first session ran pretty much as normal, with work focussing on set-up and tyre evaluation. Sebastian Vettel completed 26 laps and Charles Leclerc did 20. The German’s best time was a 1’29”720 while the Monegasque did a 1’29”912.

Programme change. Before the second session, the organisers announced the change to the timetable for Saturday and Sunday. It meant that the 90 minute afternoon session took on greater importance than usual because, if for any reason, it was not possible to run qualifying on Sunday morning, then the FP2 timesheet would decide the starting grid.

FP2. Therefore it was an intense afternoon, with two attempts at a quick lap, one at the start and one towards the end when the track was more rubbered-in. In between those runs, the team worked towards the race with long runs to analyse the Medium and Soft compounds.

65 laps. Charles started off with a 1’29”686 on the Medium tyres and got down to a 1’28”392 on the Softs. At the end, on new Softs he stopped the clocks in 1’28″141. Sebastian started with a 1’30”203 then did a 1’28”424 on the Softs before getting down to 1’28”376 towards the end, when he was slowed by the high volume of traffic on track.

Back on Sunday. Right now, the paddock is busying itself with ensuring that all equipment is safely stowed and dismantling much of the infrastructure that could be in the path of Hagibis. Tomorrow, the track will be shut down, with only personnel essential to the manteinence of critical systems allowed to be on site. The new timetable means qualifying will now take place on Sunday at 10 (3.00 CET) and the race starts as planned at 14.10 local (7.10 CET).

Charles Leclerc #16
    “We made the most of our day. Knowing that qualifying has been postponed to Sunday due to the weather conditions, everyone approached free practice a bit differently to usual, especially for the second session. There will be no FP3 this weekend and if we can’t drive on Sunday morning for any reason, the results from FP2 will count for the starting grid.
    Our competitors were very strong today and we are not yet where we would like to be. I am not entirely sure where we are lacking in terms of our pace, but I know that some of the improvements will come from me working on my driving.
    Sunday will be busy, but in the end you always have the same routine before you get into the car, the same mindset. So we will go ahead as usual, working hard on improving in all areas and doing the best job possible to bring home a strong result.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “Today, was not too bad, at least it was better than it looked. We are in reasonable shape, but maybe we are lacking a bit of pace overall. Our rivals looked very comfortable right from the start of practice and they confirmed that pace in FP2.
    I think we have a bit of room for improvement as it wasn’t an ideal session, in terms of how we made use of our tyres.
    I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow: relax and maybe do some indoor sports.
    On Sunday there will be a big question mark over the state of the track as tomorrow’s wind and rain will have an effect.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    In Singapore Mercedes on Friday was quickest.... yes they have updates but wait for quali and race. This conclusion on Friday are too fast. Ferrari updates ? this year is game over like binotto said. They are focus 100% for a car 2020. And this gp japan yes Mercedes can win they are favorites.
    I have R Bull in mind as possible favorites, new engine , even a new fuel mixture to boot ! Honda probably even took Max out to dinner! Meanwhile I wish Binotto & Ferrari team in general would stop telling Ferrari fans to forget the rest of 2019. They are only interested in next year. OK we have NFL football here and the baseball world series coming up , but being a F-1 die hard fan I still can't wait for the next race to come up. What's wrong with wanting Charles on pole again and even a win or podium a few more times before the races end? Also is Binotto telling Lewis to chill out, Ferrari won't get in his way ?? Every Charles win , podium, pole, goes on his driver's record.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I have R Bull in mind as possible favorites, new engine , even a new fuel mixture to boot ! Honda probably even took Max out to dinner! Meanwhile I wish Binotto & Ferrari team in general would stop telling Ferrari fans to forget the rest of 2019. They are only interested in next year. OK we have NFL football here and the baseball world series coming up , but being a F-1 die hard fan I still can't wait for the next race to come up. What's wrong with wanting Charles on pole again and even a win or podium a few more times before the races end? Also is Binotto telling Lewis to chill out, Ferrari won't get in his way ?? Every Charles win , podium, pole, goes on his driver's record.
    Why just Charles, Seb is also our driver you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Why just Charles, Seb is also our driver you know...
    You are right. I just feel that Charles can use the wins etc. left for this season more than Seb who already is a 4x WDC with many other records accomplished. Binotto calling it quits so to speak for 2019 does neither driver any good. And tells the fans to forget about their team Ferrari until next year. Also Seb's salary is secure! Charles needs to show he's in with the big guys come time to do his new contract.

qually at 2am and race at 6am... gonna be a long night
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    qually at 2am and race at 6am... gonna be a long night
    IST timings ???

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    IST timings ???
    i think, 6am for qualifying and 10 for race
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    i think, 6am for qualifying and 10 for race
    Thanks for the info..!!

www.timeanddate.com is your friend, Nani. It's unmatched for everything related to Earth, times, sunrises, sunsets, twilights, sun angles et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    www.timeanddate.com is your friend, Nani. It's unmatched for everything related to Earth, times, sunrises, sunsets, twilights, sun angles et cetera.

Will probably miss the qualy and the race will sleep it until haha 9.am. Boring race it will be 1-2 for Mercedes easy be busy.

Will we be fighting for 5th and 6th? Unless we're sandbagging, this weekend isn't really looking good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Will probably miss the qualy and the race will sleep it until haha 9.am. Boring race it will be 1-2 for Mercedes easy be busy.
    Rest well. For many Ferrari fans there's the hope that Charles will come through with a podium finish . Who knows, the way he's going maybe a win! He for sure is keeping the team alive, best he can.

Similar to what AMuS reported, this article also says that Mercedes squeezed out their full engine power (an extreme engine mapping) during free practice yesterday already, while Ferrari didn't (Ferrari protecting the engine because of their recent reliability issue in Sochi).
    Well,this looks interesting.
    Let's hope it's TRUE!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Today will be a lottery simple as that.

anyone know of free links to to watch quali??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Today will be a lottery simple as that.
    why is that???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    anyone know of free links to to watch quali??
    https://www.totalsportek.com/formula1-hungary/

Weather is good, looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Weather is good, looks nice
    yes it is...common, let's get that POLE.....

Anyone knows what time will be qualify and race time in the US? Now that qualify race will be the same day I can find the times. Any help thanks.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    Anyone knows what time will be qualify and race time in the US? Now that qualify race will be the same day I can find the times. Any help thanks.
    10 minutes to quali
    and race 3 hours after quali ended