Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Grand Prix 2019

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Again, please explain to other readers why Lewis couldn't pass Seb, who was on the medium tyre in the end, even though Seb had pitted on lap 31 and Lewis on lap 42. How do you explain that? You can't with your failed logic. Deal with it. You're just making a fool out of yourself. Maybe time to ban me again?
    I believe Lewis was just counting points. Coming in 3rd. did the trick! Merc , WCC, and WDC between him and Bottas. Those last 4 laps, he made the race exciting for us fans. So Bottas is overjoyed with the win and Seb coning in 2nd made everyone happy, and Lewis just needs to wait another race or two for his 6th WDC. Great for F-1 fans !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Dont worry I see your point, I always enjoy reading your very good and detailed analyses. A shame that we didnt start on mediums really, yes we might still lost at the start to the at least one Mercedes. But imagine they Mercedes are on softs with starting on them and of course the had to pit twice. Seb on the other hand can go long in the first stint and than pit after lap 25 for hard tyres. Mercedes would had no chance in that case with passing Seb on the straights with the track position won, but its over now.
    THANK YOU! Finally someone sees my point.

Believe it or not, there are multiple strategy choices any given race weekend. I'm trying to open up they eyes of our pitwall. I know for a fact that they read this forum.

All I want for 2020 is for the pitwall to be bulletproof. So they HAVE to explore these strange anomalies at some circuits. Suzuka is a strange circuit. There are options. Just calculate it. Mekies will support me but they were told to run strategies like they did. Which isn't cool in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    After the race
    Vettel having fun with Bottas in cool down room
    https://twitter.com/f1/status/1183720105684787200?s=21

Vettel inspecting Ferrari FW vs Mercs FW
    https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...769866752?s=21

Vettel approached Charles after the race
    https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...458561537?s=21

Daniel Ricciardo Making fun of Charles
    https://twitter.com/leclercnews/stat...719282176?s=21

Charles driving with one hand around 130R
    https://twitter.com/scuderiaferrari/...810841600?s=21

This one is a strange one. I understand what Seb is doing but this was never going to be shown on the world TV feed.

This one is a strange one. I understand what Seb is doing but this was never going to be shown on the world TV feed.
    I’ve posted already ...you can refer above links

He had hectic schedule, last week Simulator work at Maranello followed by Pirelli tyre test & then japan GP

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe Lewis was just counting points. Coming in 3rd. did the trick! Merc , WCC, and WDC between him and Bottas. Those last 4 laps, he made the race exciting for us fans. So Bottas is overjoyed with the win and Seb coning in 2nd made everyone happy, and Lewis just needs to wait another race or two for his 6th WDC. Great for F-1 fans !!!
    DRS and fresh tyres and "I need more power". You can be honest to yourself, Ham started from P4 and ended P3 because Charles was too greedy in turn 1.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    DRS and fresh tyres and "I need more power". You can be honest to yourself, Ham started from P4 and ended P3 because Charles was too greedy in turn 1.

To be honest: Never expected Seb to be able to keep Lewis behind. Great job from our driver and really enjoyed it a lot

And if we finish 2nd in the WCC for the 3rd. time in a row, maybe people will shoot me, I will be a very proud tifoso .

Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post

To be honest: Never expected Seb to be able to keep Lewis behind. Great job from our driver and really enjoyed it a lot

And if we finish 2nd in the WCC for the 3rd. time in a row, maybe people will shoot me, I will be a very proud tifoso .

Forza Ferrari!!
    It reminded me of Canada GP...

It reminded me of Canada GP...
    and Baku 2017.

when Lewis was chasing Seb I was thinking “ please don’t screw up”
    We need Lec and Seb clear minded ready for next season.
    I just hope we keep wining/ keep fighting the rest of the season !

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    when Lewis was chasing Seb I was thinking “ please don’t screw up”
    We need Lec and Seb clear minded ready for next season.
    I just hope we keep wining/ keep fighting the rest of the season !
    For that to happen we need better race pace....quali is good, but our race pace needs some major improvement
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    For that to happen we need better race pace....quali is good, but our race pace needs some major improvement

For sure. That was the question I ask about set up for qualify vs race set up.
    It look like we don’t have the two sincronize I guess?

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Charles gave max pay back for forcing him of the track that move by max cost charles the race win.Max was irresponsible himself he should have been penalised.Suck it up max more where that come from.

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    For sure. That was the question I ask about set up for qualify vs race set up.
    It look like we don’t have the two sincronize I guess?
    It looks good I think, it is better to start from first row, so difficult to overtake, last few years it usually has been so, that who wins the start wins the race.
    It may look like Bottas was much faster than us, but Seb was something like first 17 laps just behind him, it is just so difficult to overtake when cars are almost identical in speed, and with fresh air, usually they can make a gap like 10-15 seconds, who ever is in the lead, but Bot could not, later it did happen, maybe because Mediums has been better tyres for Mercs for years now.
    I am not worried. We will see.

It looks good I think, it is better to start from first row, so difficult to overtake, last few years it usually has been so, that who wins the start wins the race.
    It may look like Bottas was much faster than us, but Seb was something like first 17 laps just behind him, it is just so difficult to overtake when cars are almost identical in speed, and with fresh air, usually they can make a gap like 10-15 seconds, who ever is in the lead, but Bot could not, later it did happen, maybe because Mediums has been better tyres for Mercs for years now.
    It’s all down to tyres. Even with the FW reg change, cars are not closer to follow n stay with them. if they stay closer tyres wear out easily, they get over heated etc. they will do a cool down laps to manage tyres.
    One can’t push flat out. So team needed huge difference between one tyre compound to the other so that they can play with strategy. That’s what Mercs is trying to do after 3 successive defeats after summer break. If you observe they are playing with strategy against 1 ferrari car. If there would have been two Ferrari cars at front during race , they won’t get such feasibility to play around.

It’s all down to tyres. Even with the FW reg change, cars are not closer to follow n stay with them. if they stay closer tyres wear out easily, they get over heated etc. they will do a cool down laps to manage tyres.
    One can’t push flat out. So team needed huge difference between one tyre compound to the other so that they can play with strategy. That’s what Mercs is trying to do after 3 successive defeats after summer break. If you observe they are playing with strategy against 1 ferrari car. If there would have been two Ferrari cars at front during race , they won’t get such feasibility to play around.
    I am in no means an expert but I agree that we have to try to be more bulletproof in pitwall. And try the harder compound tyres on fast flowing circuits. With tyres getting overheated it's best to go on a step harder compound when in a battle with another car. If we are not 100% in terms of tyre preference in Q2 we should at least split our strategies in qualifying with one car going hard and one car going soft. I.e. Seb - Medium Compound, Charles - - Soft Compound. Then if we have two cars Infront we can analyse it much better.

Vettel was 6.692 behind Bottas on lap 15 and was struggling to keep up with him, and I wouldn't call a 6.6 sec gap 'just behind'. Here's the lap chart.

Mercedes simply had at the better race pace at Suzuka. Sure, If Vettel/Lec was on the lead...then maybe we could've won the race, thanks to our superior speed on the straights. But that wasn't the case, as soon as Bottas got the lead, he simply drove away from Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel was 6.692 behind Bottas on lap 15 and was struggling to keep up with him, and I wouldn't call a 6.6 sec gap 'just behind'. Here's the lap chart.

Mercedes simply had at the better race pace at Suzuka. Sure, If Vettel/Lec was on the lead...then maybe we could've won the race, thanks to our superior speed on the straights. But that wasn't the case, as soon as Bottas got the lead, he simply drove away from Vettel.
    yup, our race pace was mediocre....just like in Russia where hte Mercs had WAY better race pace

our quali pace is amazing, but what good is that do if we chew our tires during the race???

once we fix and remedy our race pace, then we'll be able to fight Merc at every track and keep them behing
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yup, our race pace was mediocre....just like in Russia where hte Mercs had WAY better race pace

our quali pace is amazing, but what good is that do if we chew our tires during the race???

once we fix and remedy our race pace, then we'll be able to fight Merc at every track and keep them behing
    Our car is naturally understeery, thanks to the out wash concept, which lends itself well to one lap pace where the tyre life isn't as important as in race stints.
    Hopefully next years car will be more refined. Whether it will be enough to beat Mercedes or not, only time will tell. But I'm not going to underestimate a team that have been utterly dominant since 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Thanks, yeah, clearly you can see lap 10-11 Seb starting to lose his tyres, so it is also about tyres like Nani said. Speed is there, for sure. Also Ham did destroy his soft tyres in 9 laps, that happens when driving just behind. I did post earlier pic from Lap 52, just check that.
    Overtaking is just so difficult, must have maybe one sec faster car to do it, and clearly that is not the case.
    Anyways, interesting season end ahead, looks like we have a chance to win all the rest races, if everything goes as it should go.

Binotto needs to read your last sentence ! The end of this seasons races are great , and Ferrari is still sending there cars and drivers out to win. He has to stop talking only about 2020 and Ferrari coming about. I'm glad Seb and Charles are paying him no mind and still driving best they can these last remaining races. Stop paying Binotto until next season starts !!!

Thanks, yeah, clearly you can see lap 10-11 Seb starting to lose his tyres, so it is also about tyres like Nani said. Speed is there, for sure. Also Ham did destroy his soft tyres in 9 laps, that happens when driving just behind. I did post earlier pic from Lap 52, just check that.
    Overtaking is just so difficult, must have maybe one sec faster car to do it, and clearly that is not the case.
    Anyways, interesting season end ahead, looks like we have a chance to win all the rest races, if everything goes as it should go.
    Yup, that's why I'm looking forward to remaining 4 races. I think our car will be quite strong in Mexico, due to the high altitude teams will run their high downforce package here. And our car being more aero efficient plus having the best ERS system in F1, Mexico could very well be the strongest race of Ferrari's 2019 session.

i'm hoping the race in Mexico is still on. Their having tremendous problems over there!

Move the race to Infineon

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Next race Mexico! Lewis needs 14 pts. over Bottas to seal his 6th. I can only wonder if there will be any team orders? Meanwhile Ferrari looks strong both cars and drivers. It should be another exciting race to watch for the rest of 2119 !

I was dreaming last night of a Seb win and than I woke up. Hope it will come true, a major confidence boost would be, if the team delivers maybe 2 more wins this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I was dreaming last night of a Seb win and than I woke up. Hope it will come true, a major confidence boost would be, if the team delivers maybe 2 more wins this season.
    Two or more wins will for sure keep us fans calm passing the winter break knowing the team will be ready for the new season , both drivers , and the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Two or more wins will for sure keep us fans calm passing the winter break knowing the team will be ready for the new season , both drivers , and the cars.
    I think our car is quite fast, and we should be able to take pole at all 4 remaining races; big ? Is our race pace.....if we are able to work on that and make our tires work better and last longer and of course no blunders from ferrari strategists, we can win all 4 between our 2 drivers