Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Mexican GP Build Up, Practice & Qualifying thread

The FIA has handed Max Verstappen a 3 place grid penalty and 2 penalty points on his license for failure to slow for single waved yellow flag in turn 17

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EH1qMVvWoAAI0KB.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

So there we are. P1 and P2 again!!!!!!

Let's control the race and bring it home!!!!!

I take my comment that because max is a "fan favourite" that he wouldn't get a penalty, I'm glad the actual rules have been followed.

Getting out of S1 of the first lap 1-2 is the key to the castle here. With a one-stopper to the hards being likely, there's very little chance (probably Max) could undercut two cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I take my comment that because max is a "fan favourite" that he wouldn't get a penalty, I'm glad the actual rules have been followed.
    X2. I thought for sure he would be let off. I think his arrogance in the press conference handed him that penalty.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I love it

Forza Ferrari

After opening his mouth the way he did in the conference, he was bound to be stripped position, quite frankly he landed softly.
    "I think we know what we are doing. Otherwise we wouldn't be driving an F1 car. It's qualifying, you go for it, but like I said before if they want to delete the lap then delete the lap."
    When asked if he had slowed down, the Dutchman smirked and said:" It didn't really look like it did it? No."

If they let this slide, everyone would ignore yellow flags.
    But still , there are people that fantasize him in a red car. Still amazes me.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    I know the alonso fan hate I spot it from a mile away given u are sore loser of a fan just don't call yourself tifosi. Disgrace and don't cry when vettel beats leclerc in race head to head and points I'd love to see your face little kid. Now go stroll back to your bedroom.
    Can you get a prescription for sedatives in Dubai?

Disappointed Since 2010

Well deserved penalty. Whether he kept his mouth shut at the press conference or not, he should have been investigated.

For the record does this officially count as a RB pole or sixth consecutive Ferrari pole ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    Bringing my mother into it? What a lowlife scum you are. What are you 12?
    You seem to have unhealthy obsession with little kids....you need to reported to the authority in Dubai. Living in a place full of sands, oil and slaves rattled your tiny brain no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Well deserved penalty. Whether he kept his mouth shut at the press conference or not, he should have been investigated.

For the record does this officially count as a RB pole or sixth consecutive Ferrari pole ?
    Sixth consecutive Ferrari pole.

Seb needs to be careful with the madman behind him.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 27th October 2019 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    X2. I thought for sure he would be let off. I think his arrogance in the press conference handed him that penalty.
    Exactly my thoughts. Cool, 6 poles in a row. Must be some kind of a record?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Cool, 6 poles in a row. Must be some kind of a record?
    Certainly for Ferrari since the Schumacher era. Nice to see the team finally live up to its history after such a long drought.

Disappointed Since 2010

I just woke up, checked the news, and there you go. Justice has been served

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Sixth consecutive Ferrari pole.
    Thanks.
    Now let's get a 1-2

FIA only gave penalty as it moves Lewis to P3.
    Forza Ferrari

Now I am just waiting for team-orders of Seb having to stay behind Charles at the start, and than Lewis comes and takes the lead.
    Expecting a carnage into turn 1.

Verstappen didnt deserve the penalty, he should have his lap deleted, but would still had pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    FIA only gave penalty as it moves Lewis to P3.
    It’s gonna be either absolute carnage going into turn 1 or something the other way.
    Lewis gonna play safe, it’s max who gonna take all chances & wants to win.
    Start gonna be the key.

Last year the second man Verstappen jumped the pole man at the start, Hamilton nearly had the lead from the third. This is gonna be intense really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Verstappen didnt deserve the penalty, he should have his lap deleted, but would still had pole.
    That would be no punishment for ignoring yellow flag, and as it's the 2nd time he has done it should have been 10 place drop IMO.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Now I am just waiting for team-orders of Seb having to stay behind Charles at the start, and than Lewis comes and takes the lead.
    Expecting a carnage into turn 1.

Nice positive post

Just be happy for the Scuderia that they are there to take advantage of the situation.

Forza Scuderia

From the AMuS qualifying analysis, Ferrari increased the downforce of both cars from Friday to Saturday. They sacrificed a bit on the straights to be better in the corners. For comparison, Red Bull did the opposite

Does this count as Lec pole or still Ver?

Pole lap

I saw this another videos comments, so funny that I have to post it

Verstappen: “I didn’t see any yellow flag”
    Maldonado: “I nearly got signed by Ferrari”

Last year the thing was that both Red Bulls had a weak engine at 1-2 and still managed to come out with a car up front after S1. Slipstreaming a strong engine like ours makes less of a difference if our guys get away well. What happened in Japan obviously shouldn't happen again, but the key is that our guys work together. Whoever gets the worse start should duck into the tow of our lead guy and thus make our car that is the fastest in a straight line control a single airflow that neither Hammy nor Mad Max can use. We have about 10 km/h in top speed on them with DRS, and that should be even more without it. Vettel got a decent start from P4 and had a better engine than the Red Bulls last year, yet went nowhere in the run to Turn 1 so it's not as extreme as Sochi.

Actuually I would have liked more if Max started in front. That would have given the guys a nice tow to catch him by the end of the straight.
    I don't know if there will be an agreement again or not but I think this time Charles is gonna be defending that inside line regardless of his start.
    I can certainly imagine a scenario when the top 3 cars arrive at the 1st corner next to each other. From then on, its up to driver race IQ.
    which Charles lacks at the moment due to inexperience and we know Seb's from the past 3years..

Hopefully no stupid pre race agreement this time and I doubt Leclerc will trust Vettel anyway. Just tell both to be nice to each other and go flat out

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Good lap by charles.

Worst qualifier 2018: Charles Leclerc
    Pole King 2019: Charles Leclerc