Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arm chair strategist warrior thread.

Arm chair strategist warrior thread.

Well, lets see you thoughts of how goodnyour strategies are and works out shall we.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Well, lets see you thoughts of how goodnyour strategies are and works out shall we.
    I can only speak for myself, but I think that much of the dissatisfaction stems from the strategies Ferrari enacts DURING the race, not before. You don’t hear Mercedes telling their drivers they are on Plan C or D. It just overcomplicates things, and now that Ferrari has a competitive car, they should just race and forget about whatever Mercedes does. With all of the data and technology that the teams have regarding track temperature, tire degradation, and circuit characteristics, they should have no problem inputting this data into an algorithm and determining the fastest strategy over the course of two hours. All they have to do at that point is commit to the strategy, unless a curveball is thrown like a safety car or crash. This leads me to my next point. Ferrari’s strategy department sucks at thinking on it’s feet. Like it or not, Mercedes has Ferrari completely outclassed in this area.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    You don’t hear Mercedes telling their drivers they are on Plan C or D.
    Yes, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Yes, you do.
    Fine. Let me rephrase it. Unless it’s a race like the 2019 German Grand Prix that warrants frequent strategical changes, you don’t hear Mercedes changing their strategies anywhere near as frequently as Ferrari does.

Disappointed Since 2010

Just because they don't broadcast it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Or maybe you don't have to change the strategy that often if you have the fastest car in the race. But I am 100% sure that Mercedes switched the strategy during the Mexico GP.

I'm in agreement with you Giallo, even to your last point when strategic changes become necessary through changing circumstances or weather conditions. Ferrari has been made to look amateurish too often over strategy, but Merc have often taken a strategic gamble and lucked into a win, as they did last weekend in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm in agreement with you Giallo, even to your last point when strategic changes become necessary through changing circumstances or weather conditions. Ferrari has been made to look amateurish too often over strategy, but Merc have often taken a strategic gamble and lucked into a win, as they did last weekend in Mexico.
    I think Mercedes has a much stronger car than they show at each race so there is less pressure on Liberty and FIA to help the other teams. They have both championships in the bag. It is in their best interest to keep "entertaining" the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Ferrari has been made to look amateurish too often over strategy, but Merc have often taken a strategic gamble and lucked into a win, as they did last weekend in Mexico.
    And that's another thing! During the rare occasion that they are on their back foot and do utilize a different strategy, it pays off nearly every time! You can't say the same about Ferrari. Being a tifoso is not synonymous with being blind to the team's shortcomings.

Disappointed Since 2010

Just because they don't broadcast it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Or maybe you don't have to change the strategy that often if you have the fastest car in the race. But I am 100% sure that Mercedes switched the strategy during the Mexico GP.
    My point was that with even with a faster car, Ferrari is still bollocksing up its strategies. I also want to make it clear that I am not writing specifically about the Mexican Grand Prix.

Disappointed Since 2010

Fine. Let me rephrase it. Unless it’s a race like the 2019 German Grand Prix that warrants frequent strategical changes, you don’t hear Mercedes changing their strategies anywhere near as frequently as Ferrari does.
    You do realise FOM only broadcast certain team radios to add to the drama or make some teams and drivers look like they cannot make up their minds. It's all for the tv spice the drama up.

You do realise FOM only broadcast certain team radios to add to the drama or make some teams and drivers look like they cannot make up their minds. It's all for the tv spice the drama up.
    And if there was drama at Mercedes, they would be broadcasting that as well, but they are a team without drama and have won the past six seasons in a row, so...

Disappointed Since 2010

And if there was drama at Mercedes, they would be broadcasting that as well, but they are a team without drama and have won the past six seasons in a row, so...
    Completely wrong. Even there’s a drama at mercs, they won’t broadcast it. Everything goes behind the scenes.
    There are only few races where you can count.

My point was that with even with a faster car, Ferrari is still bollocksing up its strategies. I also want to make it clear that I am not writing specifically about the Mexican Grand Prix.
    When did Ferrari have the quicker car in the race? Also, Ferrari's incapable strategists gave Ferrari a 1-2 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Completely wrong. Even there’s a drama at mercs, they won’t broadcast it. Everything goes behind the scenes.
    There are only few races where you can count.
    The only drama at Mercedes is their celebration of their sixth consecutive world championship and their sixth consecutive driver's championship.

Disappointed Since 2010

When did Ferrari have the quicker car in the race? Also, Ferrari's incapable strategists gave Ferrari a 1-2 this year.
    See the last sentence of the post to which you responded.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. You can't point to one or two examples where they got it right and say there isn't a problem unless you are satisfied by sub-mediocrity. So many of us have a really short memory when it comes to the first half of the season.

Disappointed Since 2010

You can't just forget about what Mercedes does. Track position matters.

And there are times Ferrari gets it right. Was it Bahrain last year, that Seb made his tyres last till the end and fended off Bottas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    And there are times Ferrari gets it right. Was it Bahrain last year, that Seb made his tyres last till the end and fended off Bottas?
    yeah, just barely...........if it was Richiardo or lewis in that merc, either one of them would have launched one in the inside.....but potato head is just an average driver.....he's more of a buttler....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

1. "Car is not quick in race-trim", so lets sacrifice track position and go for extra pit-stop. Pit-stop in Mexico is around 22 seconds, and Leclerc had to made that deficit with a car that lacks race pace.
    2. They also called Vettel to pit, but he ignored them. And it proved to be the right call, because staying out for long was the way to go. But what our pit-wall does next? as soon as Hamilton pits what they should've done is to pit Vettel on the next lap. But they kept him out, even when Hamilton was doing purple sectors and in the end, handed him the race lead.

If people think there is no problem with the strategy, then there is no point in arguing with them. Ferrari's chassis and engine department are doing their job well, but the race operation clearly not up to the task.

In the end F1 is a sport, not rocket science. And just like any other sport you don't have to be an 'expert' to criticize the tactics/strategy.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 1st November 2019 at 08:09.

Liberty with the FIA in their pocket are totally in control of F-1 . It can't be Ferrari can't get their strategy right. Keeping it so close up front is what brings in the fans $$. Lewis is a good example having to go another race for 4 points, and it's his team mate that's holding the WDC back !! The races are great and if Ferrari blinks, Charles will do as he want's and win a few more. Seb should be happy with his salary alone as far as the team in his corner. He did it all @ R Bull and Ferrari is paying him??

They had plenty of drama. But people soon forget that. Maybe, sorry to say but you and few others find it hard to support ferrari. Maybe go and support merf then who seem they cannt do anything wrong. Hell, that makes supporting a team alot easier doenst it.

Team radio will be played at points to make the race or a team situation worse or better. When we struggled start of season, pace wise and strategy calls, our radio was being played alot. Making out that we had no clue and making situations worse. Giving the f1 media more to write and talk about. Heck even worked here. They ise the radio as a tool to add drama, which is wrong.
    Last edited by Rob; 1st November 2019 at 08:32.

I opened this thread to see our they own keyboard strategists. This for posting strategy ideas, not moaning about team or eachother. If turns into squabbling and name calling or heck even talking about Rubens or team orders. Will be closed. Team orders apart of these calls and sport.

Just copy and tag alone with Merc's strategy and see where that takes us

[QUOTE=Rob;1020683]I opened this thread to see talking about Rubens or team orders.

I can't believe that's who first came to mind !!

They had plenty of drama. But people soon forget that. Maybe, sorry to say but you and few others find it hard to support ferrari. Maybe go and support merf then who seem they cannt do anything wrong. Hell, that makes supporting a team alot easier doenst it.

Team radio will be played at points to make the race or a team situation worse or better. When we struggled start of season, pace wise and strategy calls, our radio was being played alot. Making out that we had no clue and making situations worse. Giving the f1 media more to write and talk about. Heck even worked here. They ise the radio as a tool to add drama, which is wrong.
    So it’s either never being critical of Ferrari’s strategies or following Mercedes? That makes total sense.

Listen Rob, I’ve been hearing about the greatness of Michael Schumacher from my dad since I was in grade school and have been cheering the red cars on for 10 years, so questioning my loyalty to the team is greatly misplaced, as it would be to question Greig’s loyalty when he created his own thread criticizing the team a few months ago.

As for the radio transmissions, of course they’re focusing on Ferrari’s drama when they’re bungling along in fourth and fifth! There’s no drama with Mercedes when they’re 40 seconds ahead.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    1. "Car is not quick in race-trim", so lets sacrifice track position and go for extra pit-stop. Pit-stop in Mexico is around 22 seconds, and Leclerc had to made that deficit with a car that lacks race pace.
    2. They also called Vettel to pit, but he ignored them. And it proved to be the right call, because staying out for long was the way to go. But what our pit-wall does next? as soon as Hamilton pits what they should've done is to pit Vettel on the next lap. But they kept him out, even when Hamilton was doing purple sectors and in the end, handed him the race lead.

If people think there is no problem with the strategy, then there is no point in arguing with them. Ferrari's chassis and engine department are doing their job well, but the race operation clearly not up to the task.

In the end F1 is a sport, not rocket science. And just like any other sport you don't have to be an 'expert' to criticize the tactics/strategy.
    I think you're wrong. There is a lot of science that goes into making strategy calls. When you have a car that is quick you can afford to make multiple strategies work. When you have to rely on strategy to win races because you are not as quick, then things go wrong. When Ferrari had the best car in 2002 and 2004, they still made mistakes but we had a car that could overcome errors. A quick car gives you lots of options.

All very true. As long as the strategy calls are made for a win for the team, not trying to help one driver over another at any cost.

In Mexico I'd held Charles out ten laps more since Albon got stuck on his outlap and then ordered Seb to keep a gap of three seconds to protect his tyres, then responded to Hammy's pitstop, while running Seb longer since he wouldn't have been able to fend Hammy off. That way I think it'd been a 1-3. The car was too slow for a 1-2, pure and simple. We were unlucky Hammy didn't damage his suspension on lap one or else we'd have an easy 1-2. The strategists were way too lenient on Seb damaging his tyres behind Charles and also too knee-jerky in responding to a car that wasn't a serious threat due to the disastrous outlap. That was the whole problem. On the face of it, splitting strategies is not such a bad thing, it's just the manner in which it was carried out. That the fraud had a 0.5 s/lap faster car complicates those calls though. There's only so much our drivers can compensate for having less downforce than the Fraudster.

So any experts want to post the strategy for USGP? how is the tyres lasting, what is the difference between compounds, how is our fuel consumption etc let's be hearing them before the race starts.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So any experts want to post the strategy for USGP? how is the tyres lasting, what is the difference between compounds, how is our fuel consumption etc let's be hearing them before the race starts.
    I'm really surprised our " experts" have all ran and hid. Perhaps they know their egos would be really bruised.