Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arm chair strategist warrior thread.

Kimi won the race with a 1 stopper last year.

I don’t care what their strategy is as long as they don’t base it on Mercedes’s tires falling off at the end of the race while thinking they can pass them. And again, the problem is the team’s ability to respond to the situation as it is unfolding.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 3rd November 2019 at 14:10.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I don’t care what their strategy is as long as they don’t base it on Mercedes’s tires falling off at the end of the race while thinking they can pass them. And again, the problem is the team’s ability to respond to the situation as it is unfolding.
    I totally agree with you,. And yet Binotto is still held in such high esteem as far as responding to those tough situations. Ferrari has to stop thinking about the next year to come along and then work things out. How many next years have passed so far and Merc is in the old Ferrari spot F-1 wise? I can only hope Charles still feels he's in the best seat with the best team !

I really hope that the team don't undermine Charles in his quest to become a WDC sooner rather than later, it has been proved this year that he is prepared to take the fight to Seb as well as Merc and RB and doesn't hold back. Seb appeared to have been given better strategies a few times in 2019 but didn't manage to make the most of them, so surely they should be given equal status in 2020. Otherwise Charles will be on every other team's shopping list, and probably already is. We cannot afford to lose him. If the car performs well enough, he will do the job.

I always have an eye out for Giovanazzi every race. He seems to be coming along . I wish the best for him and who knows when but that would be a great hook up at the right time, him and Charles. I'm sure that's his dream ! Viva Italia !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I always have an eye out for Giovanazzi every race. He seems to be coming along . I wish the best for him and who knows when but that would be a great hook up at the right time, him and Charles. I'm sure that's his dream ! Viva Italia !!!
    I have been supporting GIO too but the car and strategies haven't helped him at all, whether he's a prospect for the main Ferrari team in future is debatable, and I certainly don't think he's is on the same level as Charles, or Seb for that matter! But I hope he can have a more productive second full season in the Alfa.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I have been supporting GIO too but the car and strategies haven't helped him at all, whether he's a prospect for the main Ferrari team in future is debatable, and I certainly don't think he's is on the same level as Charles, or Seb for that matter! But I hope he can have a more productive second full season in the Alfa.
    I've beet rooting for Gio as well, but I don't think he's currently good enough to be number two at Ferrari. I can't recall being wowed by anything he has done this season. I really hope he has an amazing 2020 and lands a 2021 Ferrari seat.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    And that's another thing! During the rare occasion that they are on their back foot and do utilize a different strategy, it pays off nearly every time! You can't say the same about Ferrari. Being a tifoso is not synonymous with being blind to the team's shortcomings.
    Well, most of the time the team that is under pressure changes strategy. Merc has made mistakes too when Ferrari it’s in front. Perhaps we need to be at the front, and stay at the front to put pressure on merc for them to make mistakes as well.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    Well, most of the time the team that is under pressure changes strategy. Merc has made mistakes too when Ferrari it’s in front. Perhaps we need to be at the front, and stay at the front to put pressure on merc for them to make mistakes as well.
    Of course that's the answer, but despite having had the speed in quali latterly, we don't have the race pace for various reasons, mainly downforce I guess. Until we can be competitive on every level, it's not going to happen.

We used to be better in strategy than Mercedes. I remember in 2015, we did a great job of fooling that much faster Mercedes into some wins. Seb was in good form too.