Thread: ESPN Rant

ESPN Rant

I'm totally fed up with ESPN. They obtained the rights to broadcast Formula 1 and have relegated it to their obscure channels many, myself included, do not have. The most ironic part is that it's the US Grand Prix. So much for making it accessible and building the sport in the United States! I also haven't been able to watch several of the past few qualifying sessions on my TV and now I can't even watch the race until Monday morning at 2 am on ESPN2.

Here's their programming schedule:

Qualifying: ESPNews
    Grand Prix at 2:30 pm: ESPN3
    Grand Prix RE-AIR Sunday at 9 pm: ESPNews
    Grand Prix RE-AIR Monday at 2 am: ESPN2

So unless you have ESPNews or ESPN3, you're out of luck.

I miss NBC Sports so much...

Rant over.

EDIT: If you have a smart TV, you can use the ESPN app to access ESPN3. You're still out of luck for Qualifying unless you have ESPNews though.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 2nd November 2019 at 16:56.

Disappointed Since 2010

Liberty Media are total PR geniuses. This on top of scheduling the race the same day as NASCAR in... Texas

I sympathise with you Giallo, it's bad enough having to pay to watch Sky here in the UK but at least it remains accessible with its own F1 channel, at a cost. On the provisional calendar for this year's races, Austin should have been before the Mexico race which would have avoided any NASCAR clash, but sadly that doesn't help you anyway.

Correction re GP dates, sorry but just realised I was looking at the provisional 2020 dates for Mexico and USGPs, another senior moment on my part.
    Last edited by wisepie; 3rd November 2019 at 16:24.

It's going to be shown live on ABC here.