Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Lewis wins 10 titles....

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL and he lost to most of them...Michael would never lose a title to a driver like Rosberg. You won't see Lewis win a race like Spain 96, Hungary 98, or the many others I could name if I could be bothered nevermind all the work MS done to make titles possible this is not applicable in these days and if it was I doubt Lewis would be spending all his time working.
    Yes he lost to some of them in particular seasons but I still think Hamilton's resume is better than Schumacher's when it comes to team mate battles. I think that Rosberg is better than Barrichello, Irvine, Brundle and Herbert let alone Button and Alonso. Now, you say that these guys would've never give Schumacher any trouble but on what do we base this? It's only eye test.

However, when it comes to team work ethic this is where Michael excels and no one comes even close. He worked very hard behind the scenes to contribute to the well oiled machine Ferrari was and Michael's credit is vast in that department. Lewis has a solid work ethic but only when it comes to himself and not the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yes he lost to some of them in particular seasons but I still think Hamilton's resume is better than Schumacher's when it comes to team mate battles. I think that Rosberg is better than Barrichello, Irvine, Brundle and Herbert let alone Button and Alonso. Now, you say that these guys would've never give Schumacher any trouble but on what do we base this? It's only eye test.

However, when it comes to team work ethic this is where Michael excels and no one comes even close. He worked very hard behind the scenes to contribute to the well oiled machine Ferrari was and Michael's credit is vast in that department. Lewis has a solid work ethic but only when it comes to himself and not the team.
    Barrichello in his prime was a way better driven than people give him credit for. He did some pre-Ferrari seasons like 1994, 1996 and 1999 where he was simply sublime. Unlike Bottas, which is the obvious comparison, he didn't have the best engine for those years either. Either way, Michael didn't even give Rubens, one of the four or so best drivers in the world at that time a sniff, you didn't see Rubens driving circles around Michael during Saturdays for example.

Rubens post-Ferrari was never quite the same, mainly because his confidence had been flattened by taking beatings for six straight years, but still no-one can tell me his vital 2003 wins in Britain and Japan weren't two of the truly great Ferrari drives in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

I would say Rubens can match Jenson and Rosberg easy enough, even Massa could be added to matching them if not better. Alonso granted but even then Lewis did not go up against Alonso on a fair fight. Lewis has never really dominated any team mate other than Bottas who does not even enter your thoughts such is his standing
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i;
    .....kind of like a one horse race....i liked it better when Rosberg was his teammate rather then the Butler....at least they were allowed to race each other...
    Bottas won the last race !! He denied Lewis the WDC,& race win. He had to pass Lewis not move over.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas won the last race !! He denied Lewis the WDC,& race win. He had to pass Lewis not move over.
    That was only allowed by Merc to make the Butler feel better.....Lewis could have easily been on a two stopper as well, but Toto and co. Decided otherwise because....we’ll make the Butler feel good

If this would have been before summer break, I can guarantee you that Lewis would be on a two stopper instead of ONE and would have won the race, OR would have asked potato head to MOVE over and let Lewis through....open up your eyes mate, I thought you were smarter then that.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I do agree with you that the win was to keep Bottas happy once the race was down to a 1,2 finish. I just find it hard to accept that Lewis was O K with it. There's those 91 wins he wants to pass ! There having one hell of a great time over @ Merc F-1 . They even get to choose who they would like to win between their drivers. It was so different back in the day when Ferrari was in the top spot , the #2 driver stood #2, even when he should have had a taste! Is Ferrari now being punished ?