Thread: Ferrari not ready to sign up for 2021 – Camilleri

Ferrari not ready to sign up for 2021 – Camilleri

Ferrari is a long way from being ready to sign up for the 2021 season, CEO Louis Camilleri has confirmed.

We reported this week that although the 2021 rules have now been announced, the teams are not committed beyond 2020 until they sign a new Concorde Agreement.

“What was announced over the weekend is the beginning of the process. It’s not even the end of the beginning,” said Camilleri.

“There is still quite a lot of work to do together with Formula 1 and the FIA as well as the teams.

“Yes, we voted in favour of the regulations and we did not exercise our right to veto. All in all we are sort of satisfied with the direction it’s taking and the principles, but clearly a lot of details still need to be ironed out,” he added.

Once those details are all negotiated and agreed, and the teams sign up for 2021, Camilleri thinks the future direction of F1 is “in the worst case neutral and maybe with a bit of upside”.

He also confirmed suspicions that the top teams like Ferrari will “double up some costs” next year in preparation for 2021, without the budget cap yet in force.

https://grandpx.news/ferrari-not-rea...021-camilleri/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Since rules are changing, just my 2 cents to atleast hope and extend the fight for the championship. My suggestion is that each driver gets to choose 2 or 3 races where they can play like an ace card or bonus points where they can double their points which ever position they finish. eg 50 points if they come 1st and 2 points if fastest lap. It can play in anyone hands. say if a driver thinks that he can come 1st in a race he can use his bonus points in that race or if they think they will have a tough time on a track they can still use it to atleast maximise the points and if a rival plays a bonus point as well in the same race it could get exciting or if they finish lower or higher then even more excitment and will may be help the championship to go till the end and not be wraped up 4-5 races to go. It can also help in constructors championship as well. imagine if this year this rule was in place and say lecrec would come 1st in bharain and baku and same way if bottas would benefit from the bonus points, he would not give way for hamilton to win. This way team would be on the edge aand still push as 2 races remain and if points were close and a driver in contention still had some bonus rounds left , it could change the full championship

Would not surprise me if Ferrari walk away if formula 1 goes to far to the left.Another record profit for Ferrari and they did not win.So do they really need to stay in F1.

Letting team mates race against each other will never happen @ Ferrari. I can only hope Charles can hold out until he is declared #1. Ferrari fans need to have a favorite driver , and feel he has a chance if he's up front, not just against the other teams but also allowed to win against their team mate. Bottas won the last race, not Lewis! Holding him back would have given Lewis one more win towards 91. Merc did not let that happen. Even while this season was in the bag Lewis wise I still watched each race hoping for Charles to get a podium , a win or come in second. He was racing against not only other drivers, he had to contend with strategy moves by his team trying to get Seb ahead. Ferrari fans need if not a WCC, at least a strong fight for WDC , wins, podiums, for their " Ferrari Favorite Driver! "

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Letting team mates race against each other will never happen @ Ferrari. I can only hope Charles can hold out until he is declared #1. Ferrari fans need to have a favorite driver , and feel he has a chance if he's up front, not just against the other teams but also allowed to win against their team mate. Bottas won the last race, not Lewis! Holding him back would have given Lewis one more win towards 91. Merc did not let that happen. Even while this season was in the bag Lewis wise I still watched each race hoping for Charles to get a podium , a win or come in second. He was racing against not only other drivers, he had to contend with strategy moves by his team trying to get Seb ahead. Ferrari fans need if not a WCC, at least a strong fight for WDC , wins, podiums, for their " Ferrari Favorite Driver! "
    same agenda in every thread.

O K, for a change,Bad tires, no down force, it's his car , Lewis can't drive! 2021 Ferrari may have a shot! Max crashes, Michael was better than Lewis . Claire Williams replacing Binotto. Charles lacks experience, Todt the midjet legend will always be for Ferrari. This in part reads like most of your posts. Except after each race you always know who won !

Stop cross posting, what does what you just posted here have to do with this thread?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Ferrari is a long way from being ready to sign up for the 2021 season, CEO Louis Camilleri has confirmed.

We reported this week that although the 2021 rules have now been announced, the teams are not committed beyond 2020 until they sign a new Concorde Agreement.

“What was announced over the weekend is the beginning of the process. It’s not even the end of the beginning,” said Camilleri.

“There is still quite a lot of work to do together with Formula 1 and the FIA as well as the teams.

“Yes, we voted in favour of the regulations and we did not exercise our right to veto. All in all we are sort of satisfied with the direction it’s taking and the principles, but clearly a lot of details still need to be ironed out,” he added.

Once those details are all negotiated and agreed, and the teams sign up for 2021, Camilleri thinks the future direction of F1 is “in the worst case neutral and maybe with a bit of upside”.

He also confirmed suspicions that the top teams like Ferrari will “double up some costs” next year in preparation for 2021, without the budget cap yet in force.

https://grandpx.news/ferrari-not-rea...021-camilleri/
    This was expected, power move from Ferrari management. Especially with what has been happening from Honda/Mercedes front, expect the movements from Ferrari to get even tougher, since they will want to enforce certain things, ie. retain of veto, history bonus and god knows what else.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Stop cross posting, what does what you just posted here have to do with this thread?
    My sincere condolences to whoever died and left you boss!

My sincere condolences to whoever died and left you boss!
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Perhaps you should drink less while posting here.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Perhaps you should drink less while posting here.
    What does my drinking have to do with this thread? Please stay on topic. It's not the drinking, it's lack of down force and bad strategy that causes me to have a few ! Enjoy the race! With Charles starting back a ways.; Max has a shot at Lewis.

perhaps he’s rubenizing himself while drinking.

What does my drinking have to do with this thread? Please stay on topic. It's not the drinking, it's lack of down force and bad strategy that causes me to have a few ! Enjoy the race! With Charles starting back a ways.; Max has a shot at Lewis.
    Your off topic posting while drinking makes your drinking quite on topic.

Your off topic posting while drinking makes your drinking quite on topic.
    Every race; and when posting I think about how the drivers must keep hydrated! I feel I must do the same. Never Red Bull I might add. Being well hydrated is very healthy and keeps the mind alert! Anyway I really want Charles at least on the podium or a win. He needs all the best results he can get every race so come contract time he's got what it takes to show he's also worth a few ! Seb is already a 4x WDC. and worth a few !

Every race; and when posting I think about how the drivers must keep hydrated! I feel I must do the same. Never Red Bull I might add. Being well hydrated is very healthy and keeps the mind alert! Anyway I really want Charles at least on the podium or a win. He needs all the best results he can get every race so come contract time he's got what it takes to show he's also worth a few ! Seb is already a 4x WDC. and worth a few !
    If you wanna be hydrated, stay off the alcohol, alcohol dehydrates you!

Ferrari's not ready to sign up for 2021. Not one driver has signed up for the 2021 season with any team yet.

We will stay and I'm sure we'll have Seb and Charles as drivers for several more years to come, it wouldn't surprise me if both sign five-year contracts during the off-season now that Max and Lewis have firmly become PR disasters over the last year or so. That way we can have a stable long-term plan, knowing which two drivers we have for the first half of the 2020's and build the team around that, two drivers capable of winning the title in the right car. There's nothing Lewis can do in a fast car those can't.

The only question mark is what happens with Mercedes as a factory team, I bloody hope those Penske/Russian rumours are true since that should disarm the reincarnation for the foreseeable future, but I have zero doubts Ferrari and Red Bull will be around. Neither have any sort of interest in electric cars and let's be honest, Ross Brawn will not want to be the guy who made his dear Ferrari leave F1. No chance.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 16th November 2019 at 14:02.