Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Brazilian GP - Build up - Practice - Qualifying

2019 Brazilian GP - Build up - Practice - Qualifying

Leclerc engine penalty
    Forza Ferrari

2020 spec they whisper...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Yup, he will easily carve his way through the field and hopefully onto the podium
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

First I can say that it will be good to see what we have for next year, but I don’t known if it’s a good idea to show all our cards of what the engine are capevable of/ horse power.
    It’s not to early for that now?

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Frankly I don't mind at all, I believe it to be a power move.
    This engine is whispered to be 1150 HP strong. If this is the case and after all this cheating talk, we need to respond in force.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    First I can say that it will be good to see what we have for next year, but I don’t known if it’s a good idea to show all our cards of what the engine are capevable of/ horse power.
    If it means two wins for Ferrari 2019, it's worth every H P !

Ferrari are clever they never show there true hand. Would not surprise me that all they have been running a proto type for second half of the season tense the power advantage.Now that the fia has clarified a few things of late Ferrari can move forward positively for 2020 and it starts in Brazil.

He'd better have the license to really push the engines over 71 laps if so, otherwise not putting in another Spec 3 and taking a penalty in the unwinnable race in the US was all for nought. Brazil really is a potential win for a Ferrari this season so I really hope they know what they're doing. Last year, both Hammy and Vettel ran their engines turned down to a farcial level in that race, whereas Max drove circles around them in his fresher one from a lower grid position. Not that low, of course, but still. Also, don't forget how Max almost won in the US last year using "play mode" on his engine from P18 on the grid as Kimi and Hammy circulated with theirs turned down.

It's a huge weekend for Vettel though, because now the door to pole and track position is wide open for him.

tire selection by driver

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EInKGnSWkAAdr5j.jpg

components used prior to the BrazilianGP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJO7XSVXsAEKtOg.png

race stewards

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJPWkN0X0AI0g6r.jpg

track layout

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJPYYMLW4AAt4Ud.jpg

weather so far......

Friday: high risk of rain/Thundershowers (27ºC).

Saturday: Cloudy/Risk Drizzle-Light Rain (22ºC).

Sunday: Partly Cloudy/dry (23ºC)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

It's a huge weekend for Vettel though, because now the door to pole and track position is wide open for him.
    Exactly my thoughts! Ferrari just can't see Charles finish 2019 further ahead of their $50 million dollar driver. But; lets see how it goes. It for sure helps at least to make the race more interesting seeing Charles come up from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Exactly my thoughts! Ferrari just can't see Charles finish 2019 further ahead of their $50 million dollar driver. But; lets see how it goes. It for sure helps at least to make the race more interesting seeing Charles come up from the back.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I hope your right !

never ending story from you. Just copy paste stuff

Does the development regulations allow this though?
    I'd imagine Merc would be doing the same if it's possible.

Being able to test next year spec at the remaining races would be a huge development advantage for that new spec

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    I don't think running the 2020 engine for two races would change anything the other teams do. Each team is already utilizing all of its resources and giving 100% to achieve the best possible results. Anything more than that is simply impossible, unless more money is invested, but there's that budget cap...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Frankly I don't mind at all, I believe it to be a power move.
    This engine is whispered to be 1150 HP strong. If this is the case and after all this cheating talk, we need to respond in force.
    I agree. It's gutsy and I like it.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    never ending story from you. Just copy paste stuff
    Thanks for always keeping an eye out for me . O k Ferrari lacks down force, their tire choices are not on the money esp. for a team that's been around a while like Ferrari. 2021 according to Binotto will be a lot better as far as strategy, engine and down force! Louis will never match Michael. It's his car ;not him that wins. Bottas is his butler. I like saying he's Rubenized ! Oh I almost forgot . Merc is hooked up with F I A . B T W your English is getting better !

Thanks for always keeping an eye out for me . O k Ferrari lacks down force, their tire choices are not on the money esp. for a team that's been around a while like Ferrari. 2021 according to Binotto will be a lot better as far as strategy, engine and down force! Louis will never match Michael. It's his car ;not him that wins. Bottas is his butler. I like saying he's Rubenized ! Oh I almost forgot . Merc is hooked up with F I A . B T W your English is getting better !
    Thanks for awarding a certificate to me. . Eye on you, yeah just like Your eye is on 50mil$.
    By the way your rubenize saga continues in every post..
    Keep going....

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari are clever they never show there true hand. Would not surprise me that all they have been running a proto type for second half of the season tense the power advantage.Now that the fia has clarified a few things of late Ferrari can move forward positively for 2020 and it starts in Brazil.
    Interesting thought. If we have been doing that, then bodes well for 2020.
    Silently, like a shadow

lol, to be honest, this was the first thought that crossed my mind.
    Silently, like a shadow

I don't think running the 2020 engine for two races would change anything the other teams do. Each team is already utilizing all of its resources and giving 100% to achieve the best possible results. Anything more than that is simply impossible, unless more money is invested, but there's that budget cap...

What my thinking was that if they show the power the new PU has now will get other to look for different solution to get more power. But if Ferrari keep low profile will Carrie the advantage next season. Just my thinking.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Does the development regulations allow this though?
    I'd imagine Merc would be doing the same if it's possible.

Being able to test next year spec at the remaining races would be a huge development advantage for that new spec
    I'm pretty sure its not the prototype of the 2020 engine just some upgraded parts are integrated into this year's engine. We can call it a hybrid so to say. I dont expect anything miraculous coming from it, Charles will not lap the field and carve his way through them but it will be a good reference point moving forward to next year's engine development.

Honda has been changing engines all season having to start further back etc. each time. It seems to be that they really got better and are now a lets say 3rd. place or better threat.

Raining...

well, at least Sky now has time to talk about Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Raining...
    Not anymore.

Does anyone know why Ocon is taking Hulks seat
    All I remember about Ocon was some rookie mistakes, is he good, have I missed that

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Does anyone know why Ocon is taking Hulks seat
    All I remember about Ocon was some rookie mistakes, is he good, have I missed that
    maybe Renault want a French driver? don't know really.

so according sky Charles is using the new PU.
    practice 2 might be more interesting.

Ferrari's out on super softs, brave decision.

Bottas out on mediums

Albon P1