Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 363

Thread: 2019 Brasilian GP RACE

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    3rd place was already lost with Verstappen winning. Ferrari won't be beating Red Bull in Abu Dhabi either.
    I think Charles will be on pole there. Sea level and lots of acceleration zones.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,254
    Possible race ban for Seb coming up....embarrassing.
    Forza Ferrari

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I think Charles will be on pole there. Sea level and lots of acceleration zones.
    Hope you're right, it would be nice to end with a win.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s not caught out. Albon was almost side by side with vettel during the restart not back of him. You get advantage with fresh set of softs.
    Vettel had a big gap to Hamilton and Verstappen on the restart, there isn't much you lose just by accelerating while the car is already moving in a straight line.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Possible race ban for Seb coming up....embarrassing.
    Wasn't that to not be the case post Japan?

    Him sitting out Abu Dhabi and Charles actually might be able to win. I wish Vettel would race Hamilton at least 10 % as hard as he races his team mate. Whenever he sees Hammy, he chickens out and runs for mama.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,270
    It’s vettel mistake agree, cut his pay n tell him to drive better next year. Have some team management with our drivers.
    That’s my point. If ferrari is competitive next years, there will a situation where both our driver fight each other on track.
    Such things like today if they happen again we can see Ham 7th title.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    5,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Possible race ban for Seb coming up....embarrassing.
    He should be banned from driving the Ferrari. This is beyond embarrassing.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I think Charles will be on pole there. Sea level and lots of acceleration zones.
    Final sector is a trouble.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,643
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s not caught out. Albon was almost side by side with vettel during the restart not back of him. You get advantage with fresh set of softs.
    Vettel let him space, didn't defend hard when he should, his tyres were just 4 laps older and it was on the straight where tyres has nothing to do with the pace. You are defending undefendable. Seb is just not the Seb anymore. He is not worth of number 1 position. Hell I would even dare to question, if he is worth of Ferrari drive... but well, Ferrari is not doing so great either so...

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,657
    On a different note. I can't believe SkyF1 are defending Hamilton's move. He was not even half way past Albon when they crashed, so it was 100% his fault and he deserves a penalty. They would be crying penalty if it were any other driver.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    On a different note. I can't believe SkyF1 are defending Hamilton's move. He was not even half way past Albon when they crashed, so it was 100% his fault and he deserves a penalty. They would be crying penalty if it were any other driver.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,741
    RedBull years were curse for Vettel. He spent his race craft learning years starting from first row and winning.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Final sector is a trouble.
    Simple Singapore-style flicks unlike trying to turn the submarine like here. Abu Dhabi has zero long turns. Interlagos has four.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    18,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    On a different note. I can't believe SkyF1 are defending Hamilton's move. He was not even half way past Albon when they crashed, so it was 100% his fault and he deserves a penalty. They would be crying penalty if it were any other driver.
    Turned it off as soon as we went out. What happened?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Vettel let him space, didn't defend hard when he should, his tyres were just 4 laps older and it was on the straight where tyres has nothing to do with the pace. You are defending undefendable. Seb is just not the Seb anymore. He is not worth of number 1 position. Hell I would even dare to question, if he is worth of Ferrari drive... but well, Ferrari is not doing so great either so...
    4laps used set of softs not brand new. Albon 1L fresh set of softs.
    Ham got overtaken at the same place too??? Although on different set of tyres.
    RB at S1 are mighty.

  16. #226
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Turned it off as soon as we went out. What happened?
    ham dived down the inside of albon and spun him out for 2nd
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  17. #227
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Possible race ban for Seb coming up....embarrassing.
    I hope they cut his contract short after this.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  18. #228
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Turned it off as soon as we went out. What happened?
    Hamilton tried to pass Albon into the corner, but Albon turned in and they crashed, Hamilton's front tyre to Albon's rear, so 100% Hamilton's fault. He wasn't entitled to the corner in any shape or form as SkyF1 are claiming.

  19. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Simple Singapore-style flicks unlike trying to turn the submarine like here. Abu Dhabi has zero long turns. Interlagos has four.
    Hopefully this season is off soon. Need to have a good winter testing as it is very short testing this time around.
    Also I want to see Mattia to be more strict on his drivers too.

  20. #230
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,898
    meanwhile, our old friend Kimi grabs P5 in the Alfa.

  21. #231
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    meanwhile, our old friend Kimi grabs P5 in the Alfa.
    swap him and vettel
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

  22. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,270
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I hope they cut his contract short after this.
    No drivers have contract after 2020. Entire F1 grid too.

  23. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,741
    I’ll be very surprised if Hamilton doesn’t get penalised. Ricciardo got 5s in same race

  24. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,270
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    swap him and vettel
    When he doesn’t perform? Again swapping ?
    2020 is the last season for vettel in ferrari. Lec is number 1 for Ferrari after that. This is the thing ferrari is banking on

  25. #235
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    5,979
    Man....Vettel landed the dream opportunity at Ferrari, after RBR streak run of dominate cars ended and Webber got out, he got his rear totally beaten up by Ricciardo and it could have only gotten sourer from there, there were a lot of places he could have gone that would expose him a lot quicker and worst, he landed the best spot an F1 driver could in Formula 1, specially in his situation. The beating he took from Ricciardo was a big warning, but it wasn´t strong enough, only one year for many people to make the case that it was just a season, maybe was a fluke, lack of motivation ,etc. So that year basically got excused away...as if it did not happen.
    Ferrari at the time received him as perhaps a new Schumacher and he was paired with Kimi, basically the best team mate any top driver can dream to have, the perfect team mate to make a driver feel good about themselves and raise their confidence. Then he got cars that were much better than Alonso got the seasons he was there.
    Then Vettel got an extension to remain rated as a cream of the crop driver for another 5 years almost and keep the illusion going, thanks to Ferrari, had he stayed at RBR with Ricciardo/Verstappen, gone against Lewis in Mercedes, chances are, his status would have crashed much quicker than it did. Vettel should be incredibly thankful for Ferrari... For what they did to him these last 5 years.

    But 2017 Singapore and now this!? there is no place for him at Ferrari. Pay him out and sign up Hulkenberg. Start 2020 with clear number 1-2 policy with Leclerc being the number 1.

  26. #236
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,336
    That vetal **** up probably cost Charles 3rd place in the WDC .Vetal is a bad sport.

  27. #237
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,643
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    4laps used set of softs not brand new. Albon 1L fresh set of softs.
    Ham got overtaken at the same place too??? Although on different set of tyres.
    RB at S1 are mighty.

    Wrong. At the restart Vettel was on 9 laps old softs, Albon on 5 lap old softs. The livetiming shows an exact use of tyres, so just 4 laps. And it ALL happened on the straight, where tyres have minimal say in outcome. Come on, you can't be so blinded.

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  28. #238
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    When he doesn’t perform? Again swapping ?
    2020 is the last season for vettel in ferrari. Lec is number 1 for Ferrari after that. This is the thing ferrari is banking on
    He should not be number 1, LEC should be number 1 in 2019... won more races, has more poles, has more points, did less mistakes.

  29. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I’ll be very surprised if Hamilton doesn’t get penalised. Ricciardo got 5s in same race
    yes that what I was thinking too, and Hams crash was worse IMO, he did not had a chance to pass and still drove in, I think it was calculated crime

  30. #240
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Man....Vettel landed the dream opportunity at Ferrari, after RBR streak run of dominate cars ended and Webber got out, he got his rear totally beaten up by Ricciardo and it could have only gotten sourer from there, there were a lot of places he could have gone that would expose him a lot quicker and worst, he landed the best spot an F1 driver could in Formula 1, specially in his situation. The beating he took from Ricciardo was a big warning, but it wasn´t strong enough, only one year for many people to make the case that it was just a season, maybe was a fluke, lack of motivation ,etc. So that year basically got excused away...as if it did not happen.
    Ferrari at the time received him as perhaps a new Schumacher and he was paired with Kimi, basically the best team mate any top driver can dream to have, the perfect team mate to make a driver feel good about themselves and raise their confidence. Then he got cars that were much better than Alonso got the seasons he was there.
    Then Vettel got an extension to remain rated as a cream of the crop driver for another 5 years almost and keep the illusion going, thanks to Ferrari, had he stayed at RBR with Ricciardo/Verstappen, gone against Lewis in Mercedes, chances are, his status would have crashed much quicker than it did. Vettel should be incredibly thankful for Ferrari... For what they did to him these last 5 years.

    But 2017 Singapore and now this!? there is no place for him at Ferrari. Pay him out and sign up Hulkenberg. Start 2020 with clear number 1-2 policy with Leclerc being the number 1.
    Look, he's the fourth best driver on the grid tied with Ricciardo and way better than Bottas.

    The whole problem is that he can't accept his team mate is faster. He could be a fabulous #2 if he only realized that was his job. He's better than Bottas for sure. The whole problem I think is that former champions can't deal with being #2.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •