Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Brasilian GP RACE

Lewis 5 sec penalty
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis 5 sec penalty
    Only 5 seconds?!?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Based on what exactly? I mean if we're playing this game. Leclerc's race wins could've been easily 5. He lost wins in Bahrain, Singapore and Russia without doing anything wrong.
    Right now the point tally is: Lec 249-Vet 230, and today Vettel costed Leclerc an easy P2.

What we need is a clear no.1-2 policy, like Mercedes and Red Bull. And Leclerc is the obvious choice for the number 1 driver. And as you said, Vettel's ego is too for the number 2 role, so he shouldn't be in the team.
    Based on race finishes obviously.
    Leclerc didn't win the Bahrain race but he finished in front of Vettel. Also in Russia in which he got in front by the team and then Vettel's engine expired.

Finally it took a while but at least he got it.

Only 5 seconds?!?
    At least Sainz gets P3, but he was robbed of the podium.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Based on race finishes obviously.
    Leclerc didn't win the Bahrain race but he finished in front of Vettel. Also in Russia in which he got in front by the team and then Vettel's engine expired.
    Nope, it's based on the Vettel-fanboy agenda. Leclerc had to move over for Vettel on few occasions, he also told not to attack Vettel in Australia.
    And Vettel got ahead of Leclerc at Russia because of the pre-race team strategy where Leclerc ordered not to defend his pole position and give tow to Vettel.

Fact is: Leclerc 249-Vettel 230, with more wins and poles. You can say whatever you want, but it's not gonna change anything. Leclerc is the better driver, which is pretty impressive, considering this is his only 2nd year in F1 and first with Ferrari. (2014 was Ric's 4th year when he trashed Vettel)

Vettel should be sacked for what he did today.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    At least Sainz gets P3, but he was robbed of the podium.
    Albon was robbed of the podium IMO.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Missed the race. In one sentence what did Vettel do?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Couldn’t handle not being the faster ferrari driver, took Leclerc and himself out of the race.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Vettel did a "Turkey 2010" move to Webber what he did today to Leclerc. Except today, both cars were taken out.

Brainfarted... oh, you said in one sentence, not one word.

When going side to side with Charles, Seb turned left into him, touched wheels, torn off the wheel in Charles car and punctured his,

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Got overtaken by Charles (which was an absolute brilliant move), couldn't handle it and had his red-herring moment. (like Turkey 2010 or Singapore 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Couldn’t handle not being the faster ferrari driver, took Leclerc and himself out of the race.
    Holy carp. Just read a description. Wow
    If Vettel was Schumi (for example) you’d be embarrassed, but you’d let it go.
    But Vettel is nowhere near Schumi and maybe nowhere near LeClerc (unless he’s taking him out of a race).
    We need another driver

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Albon was robbed of the podium IMO.
    Which is why the penalty should've been more costly. If it was Grosjean, I pretty sure he would've given a 30 secondly penalty with 10-place grid drop for the next race.

Thank you for the replies guys

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

You got all different replies ....above.

You can select which one you want

Nope, it's based on the Vettel-fanboy agenda. Leclerc had to move over for Vettel on few occasions, he also told not to attack Vettel in Australia.
    And Vettel got ahead of Leclerc at Russia because of the pre-race team strategy where Leclerc ordered not to defend his pole position and give tow to Vettel.

Fact is: Leclerc 249-Vettel 230, with more wins and poles. You can say whatever you want, but it's not gonna change anything. Leclerc is the better driver, which is pretty impressive, considering this is his only 2nd year in F1 and first with Ferrari. (2014 was Ric's 4th year when he trashed Vettel)

Vettel should be sacked for what he did today.
    Vettel passed Leclerc on Russia way before they arrived at the corner. He got the best start of the front runners and the slipstream is physics, unavoidable. He was also faster in the race but in any case his engine expired and that race already goes to Leclerc.

At Australia first stint, they were racing in successive positions on the same tires. Vettel put a 10 sec gap to him in that stint. The only reason Leclerc came behind at the end of the race was that Vettel's tires were finished due to bad strategy nothing else...

Can't believe or accept what happened today, totally unnecessary and a mere tyre-to-tyre touch causes total loss and embarrassment for the team and drivers. Charles has now surely lost P3 in the WDC after Max's win, I don't believe we'll be very competitive in Abu Dhabi either, I always said that Honda would come back to haunt us and once again it was the wrong Merc that expired, but this season we tifosi have had to endure more than we deserve. Only bright light for me was an Alfa double points score.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Vettel passed Leclerc on Russia way before they arrived at the corner. He got the best start of the front runners and the slipstream is physics, unavoidable. He was also faster in the race but in any case his engine expired and that race already goes to Leclerc.

At Australia first stint, they were racing in successive positions on the same tires. Vettel put a 10 sec gap to him in that stint. The only reason Leclerc came behind at the end of the race by Vettel's tires were finished due to bad strategy nothing else...
    Again, you have excluded the most important bit: "Leclerc did not defend his pole position", go watch the replay again.

And again, Lec 249- Vet 230, with Lec having more wins and poles. Everything else are excuses.

And yet again, I don't know why we're discussing past races. What Vettel did today was inexcusable, you should focus on that.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 17th November 2019 at 19:39.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Can't believe or accept what happened today, totally unnecessary and a mere tyre-to-tyre touch causes total loss and embarrassment for the team and drivers. Charles has now surely lost P3 in the WDC after Max's win, I don't believe we'll be very competitive in Abu Dhabi either, I always said that Honda would come back to haunt us and once again it was the wrong Merc that expired, but this season we tifosi have had to endure more than we deserve. Only bright light for me was an Alfa double points score.
    We will be competitive in UAE, definitely in qualifying and especially with Charles. He was pretty strong there last year in the Alfa + he dominated the race during his F2 season.

And as for Vettel, well....let's just say some of us who are criticizing Vettel, have been proven right once again.

Well guys, after everything was said and done we come to realize that our car is 3rd best. We can't really compete any more, in winning terms, with MB or RB. We may bicker around what a lousy job Seb is doing but the bottom line is that Ferrari has lost the winning mojo, for whatever reason (TD and all...)

You said Vettel can not accept being number 2. I answered to that the quali is 11-9 in favor of Charles and the races 11-8 for Vettel. Why would any of them accept being number 2 ?

and then you brought up some races and I answered.

As for the 249-230 Charles lost 10 points at Bahrain due to engine trouble. But Vettel lost a lot more at Russia or USA.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Well guys, after everything was said and done we come to realize that our car is 3rd best. We can't really compete any more, in winning terms, with MB or RB. We may bicker around what a lousy job Seb is doing but the bottom line is that Ferrari has lost the winning mojo, for whatever reason (TD and all...)
    I am not so sure about that. Charles started P14 and could have ended P2 without that crash.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I am not so sure about that. Charles started P14 and could have ended P2 without that crash.
    Lec could not even pass Albon and without Bot's DNF, I'm not sure he would've been in a position to challenge Ham for second, ...or even feisty Vet for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Plus the medium was awful at the start, soft was clearly the better tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Lec could not even pass Albon and without Bot's DNF, I'm not sure he would've been in a position to challenge Ham for second, ...or even feisty Vet for that matter.
    But BOT could not pass him, so I think we have a good car, maybe the best.

Yeah, I think we have the best car.

This is Seb's and Charles's crash video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYB4fDz5Vc

The contact is on Seb's left rear and Charles's front right. I wonder what is sharp enough to cause those punctures. The rims or the wheel nuts?

"The Stewards reviewed video evidence and heard from the driver of car 5 (Sebastian Vettel), the driver of car 16 (Charles Leclerc) and the team representative .

The Stewards determined that both drivers had the opportunity avoid or mitigate the incident and therefore that neither driver is predominantly at fault. Therefore the Stewards take no further action.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    "The Stewards reviewed video evidence and heard from the driver of car 5 (Sebastian Vettel), the driver of car 16 (Charles Leclerc) and the team representative .

The Stewards determined that both drivers had the opportunity avoid or mitigate the incident and therefore that neither driver is predominantly at fault. Therefore the Stewards take no further action.
    "
    Further action should be taken by a man called Camillieri.