Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well in 2012, the Mercedes board wanted Heidfeld over Hamilton, and that should say everything about their knowledge regarding F1.

But tbh, I wouldn't mind Vettel at Mercedes. Hamilton got him covered, but the inevitable clash of ego's and occasional clash of carbon fiber's would make the situation inside the Mercedes garage quite tense. As a Ferrari fan it would be a hilarious thing to watch seeing Mercedes imploding, because they replaced the obedient and harmless butler with a more rebellious and egotistical butler.
    Merc and Co are already dying to know how our engine works. I really don't like the idea of Vettel heading over their with our intellectual property and a chip on his shoulder. Not a good idea. Its in Ferrari's best interests for him to retire.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I take your point, tifosi1993, but there were/are other factors at play with Seb's failure to give us a WCC/WDC and those involved a car which didn't suit his driving style, unreliabilty, lack of downforce and poor tyre use, and then the arrival of Charles when Seb had been the de-facto No1 driver since his arrival at Ferrari. All excuses, I know, but he still deserves credit for trying.
    Vettel165 here claims Seb is the absolute master of developing a car. Its odd then that for 5 years the car didnt suit his driving style. no?
    Silently, like a shadow

Even if he retires from racing it does not mean his mouth will.Loose lips sink ships.With out doubt he will have a grudge poorly handled by Ferrari.Lets hope that the season starts soon Ferrari will probably lean towards seb one last time as a form of compensation.It would be crazy if he won this year but then again strange and unexpected things are part of the f1 formula.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Merc and Co are already dying to know how our engine works. I really don't like the idea of Vettel heading over their with our intellectual property and a chip on his shoulder. Not a good idea. Its in Ferrari's best interests for him to retire.
    Look how it worked out with Michael going to Merc!! He put them where they now are. Knowledge galore. Wolff still praises the great move having Michael move to Merc. Seb is not a Michael; but he can give up every move Ferrari made or makes right up until he leaves. It would be like Merc and Ferrari were the same team as far as inside information goes.

I wonder if he ever told Ferrari how Red Bulls flexi-wing worked? Lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I think Ferrari will do a lot behind sebs back on a no need to know basis they need to and will protect there interests.I would say that they have a plan in place this has been thought out in advance on any further innovations Ferrari develope.

I'm still worried about our engine's performance against the Mercs and also the Honda power unit in the RB, along with Racing Point's pink Merc, judging by the noises coming out of Binotto and our drivers after Barcelona testing, we have a lot of work to do to regain what we had in those races immediately after last year's summer break and the infamous fuel flow debacle. And if Seb at Merc could dislodge HAM from his pinnacle, I wouldn't mind, but it would be more likely to play into Max's hands if our car fails to deliver!

Of course he felt 'great' when Kimi was his teammate. And why wouldn't it be? When Ferrari signed him, they received him as perhaps a new Schumacher (well...atleast some here did anyway) and he was paired with 'feel-good' teammate like Kimi, basically the best team mate any top driver can dream to have, the perfect team mate to make a driver feel good about themselves and raise their confidence. He remained at Ferrari for 5 years and rated as a cream of the crop driver and keeping the illusion going. But unfortunately for Vettel, Leclerc came and changed everything, which turned out to be bad for Vettel but good for Ferrari.
    And his 'behavior' was always there, remember turkey 2010. His move on Leclerc in Brazil 2019 was the exact copy of his move on Webber, but this time it backfired on Vettel and changed Binotto's mind of keeping him for another 2-3 years.
    Again, I accept some of your views on Seb and his sometimes impetuous behaviour over the years, so we'll call it quits now! I was never his greatest fan, apart from the fact that he drove for our team, and I just got annoyed at the constant criticism and the willingness of some tifosi to kick him into the long grass! I prefer to be a little more circumspective!

Well in 2012, the Mercedes board wanted Heidfeld over Hamilton, and that should say everything about their knowledge regarding F1.

But tbh, I wouldn't mind Vettel at Mercedes. Hamilton got him covered, but the inevitable clash of ego's and occasional clash of carbon fiber's would make the situation inside the Mercedes garage quite tense. As a Ferrari fan it would be a hilarious thing to watch seeing Mercedes imploding, because they replaced the obedient and harmless butler with a more rebellious and egotistical butler.
    It was only last week when you announced that no team on grid wants Vettel, now that the board of the world champions are reportedly pushing hard to put Vettel under contract, you say you don't mind it. Talk about F1 knowledge lmao..

Seb always makes the team better as he join it. Went to Torro Rosso, in his first whole season snached the pole in a win Monza GP with a Ferrari engine in a dominant way. He was 10 seconds ahead of the field, had a dry setup, Vettel at its best. Joined RBR and delivered the world titles with his amazing car developement, joined the Ferrari and the team just got better and better. But after Maurizio Arrivabene left, the car was starting to be more in favour of Charles, compromising the real potential of the car, as a rookie isnt so good as a 4 time world champion in developing the car and setups. This is why Charles said he learned a lot from Seb. If Seb will join Mercedes, he might become a dominant force and give Lewis a run for money. A strong Vettel in a strong car on pure pace is better than Lewis. Look at 2011,2013, 2015.

Forza Seb, my hero!
    Last edited by Vettel165; 21st May 2020 at 18:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    If Seb will join Mercedes, he might become a dominant force and give Lewis a run for money. A strong Vettel in a strong car on pure pace is better than Lewis. Look at 2011,2013, 2015.

Forza Seb, my hero!
    I don't see that to be honest. What we learned about Seb throughout his stint with Ferrari is that he has paranoia from Lewis. Every single time Lewis was breathing in his neck he made mistakes. I think Lewis has his number, but maybe he can overcome that. I don't know.

Seb always make the team better as he join it. Went to Torro Rosso, in his first whole season snached the pole in a win Monza GP with a Ferrari engine in a dominant way. He was 10 seconds ahead of the field, had a dry setup, Vettel at its best. Joined RBR and delivered the world titles with his amazing car developement, joined the Ferrari and the team just got better and better. But after Maurizio Arrivabene left, the car was starting to be more in favour of Charles, compromising the real potential of the car, as a rookie isnt so good as a 4 time world champion in developing the car and setups. This is why Charles said he learned a lot from Seb. If Seb will join Mercedes, he might become a dominant force and give Lewis a run for money. A strong Vettel in a strong car on pure pace is better than Lewis. Look at 2011,2013, 2015.

Forza Seb, my hero!

Yes, Seb showed his potential at STR and dominated at RedBull from 2010 thru 2013.....all of which were under a different formula and RedBull management.

Then the move to Ferrari under the Turbo Hybrid formula and under different management.

Part of the responsibility lies within the driver, the car and the team as a whole. With RedBull and the formula, Seb dominated.

With Ferrari and the formula, most of the responisibility lies on Seb, but part of the responsibility lies with the car and Ferrari..... also the changing of team principals and personnel.

With Mercedes, Toto and Hamilton have been the "constant" factor within the team along with taking in ex-Ferrari personnel whom seem to "shine" under the Mercedes flag...not to mention the team at Brackley, which was carry-over from BRAWNGP in 2009.

Team harmony is key while changing within the team is not key.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Its actually Charles who started to become ugly in Monza 2019 after not giving Seb a tow and didnt obey team orders. Even in Bahrain he wasnt obeying. Than Seb did the right thing in Sochi with not letting him by, as Seb was just plain faster. Team wasnt behind him 100%. A big shame. Good thing he left Ferrari.
    Are you packing or what?
    Get out already.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Are you packing or what?
    Get out already.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Never.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes, Seb showed his potential at STR and dominated at RedBull from 2010 thru 2013.....all of which were under a different formula and RedBull management.

Then the move to Ferrari under the Turbo Hybrid formula and under different management.

Part of the responsibility lies within the driver, the car and the team as a whole. With RedBull and the formula, Seb dominated.

With Ferrari and the formula, most of the responisibility lies on Seb, but part of the responsibility lies with the car and Ferrari..... also the changing of team principals and personnel.

With Mercedes, Toto and Hamilton have been the "constant" factor within the team along with taking in ex-Ferrari personnel whom seem to "shine" under the Mercedes flag...not to mention the team at Brackley, which was carry-over from BRAWNGP in 2009.

Agree good words with a lot of sence.

As a Ferrari fan it would be a hilarious thing to watch seeing Mercedes imploding, because they replaced the obedient and harmless butler with a more rebellious and egotistical butler.
    From Bottas' start with Merc in 2017 until 2019 last race as a obedient and harmless "BUTLER" Merc "Allowed him !" 7 wins and 11 poles. That's not true Rubinization. Butler's don't get tipped like that. He fought for those results and got them. If Merc had Ferrari like team orders @ Merc, those 3 yrs. like Schumy had going on with Rubens and Wolff was like Todt, Lewis would already be at 84+7 = 91 wins, and 88+11= 99 poles . Now just take away that Austria 2002 so called win and Lewis would be ahead by 1 win. So one on one, Bottas is now the better driver than Seb , after Seb's years as a astronaut driving a rocket for R Bull. Lewis truly is a GOAT and will probably never leave Merc and Wolf if he can . Williams will probably be Seb's next best team if he can get $$$

Very true, and that's how Ferrari managed to dominate in the early 2000s with Michael, and Rubens wasn't really a butler, just a waiter, sadly! Sensible explanation of Ferrari's failures to get it all together in the turbo-hybrid era, and not the driver's failure to secure any WCC/WDC, just a combination of all those factors.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    It was only last week when you announced that no team on grid wants Vettel, now that the board of the world champions are reportedly pushing hard to put Vettel under contract, you say you don't mind it. Talk about F1 knowledge lmao..

"Reportedly"....

It was also "reported" that Ferrari offered Vettel 2-years contract, which turned out to be false. It was also "reported" that Mclaren approached Vettel, again turned out to be false. The whole "Mercedes board" thing is nothing but a rumor, and pretty sure it would, again, turn out to be false.

As for Vettel's future, all I have to say is:

♪♪ Na na na...hey hey hey...Goodbay ♪♪

Agree good words with a lot of sence.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Very true, and that's how Ferrari managed to dominate in the early 2000s with Michael, and Rubens wasn't really a butler, just a waiter, sadly! Sensible explanation of Ferrari's failures to get it all together in the turbo-hybrid era, and not the driver's failure to secure any WCC/WDC, just a combination of all those factors.
    Yep

Schumi and "the guys" from Benetton, whom won 2 WDC titles, went over to Ferrari and won another 5 titles.

RedBull, it's been Horner, Marko, and Newey and won 4 titles from 2010 thru 2013.

Now it's Mercedes in this Turbo Hybrid era.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    From Bottas' start with Merc in 2017 until 2019 last race as a obedient and harmless "BUTLER" Merc "Allowed him !" 7 wins and 11 poles. That's not true Rubinization. Butler's don't get tipped like that. He fought for those results and got them. If Merc had Ferrari like team orders @ Merc, those 3 yrs. like Schumy had going on with Rubens and Wolff was like Todt, Lewis would already be at 84+7 = 91 wins, and 88+11= 99 poles . Now just take away that Austria 2002 so called win and Lewis would be ahead by 1 win. So one on one, Bottas is now the better driver than Seb , after Seb's years as a astronaut driving a rocket for R Bull. Lewis truly is a GOAT and will probably never leave Merc and Wolf if he can . Williams will probably be Seb's next best team if he can get $$$
    Probably...but if you ask me, I wouldn't wish that on Williams. I mean Williams are in serious need for cash, and with Vettel as their driver, they are going to spend 80% of their budget fixing damaged parts on Vettel's car.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 22nd May 2020 at 08:24.

Probably...but if you ask me, I wouldn't wish that on Williams. I mean Williams are in serious need for cash, and with Vettel as their driver, they are going to spend 80% of their budget fixing damaged parts on Vettel's car.
    You cant post one message without your anti-Seb stuff.

As the main fact is Seb will remain always at least 4 world champion, with over 50 wins with 3 different teams. One of he rare example of a briliant driver, with some flaws and is already in a big part in the history of this sport. Give him a reliable car with a stable rear end and a good team harmony, strategy and he will deliver. This is what Lewis has from 2014 on, but even he sometimes crumbles under pressure.

Every driver has his weaknesses!

Seb in a mercedes that is winning and maintains its advatage across the board will allow vettal to be a dominant force I would expect lots of moaning and negative chit chat on the radio no doubt the pressure will be right on top of Lewis.Seb is no butler and the German fans want him to win.England vs Germany at all levels of sport they are always juicy encounters.Damlier will call the shots weather totto likes it or not He not silly and he knows who pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Seb in a mercedes that is winning and maintains its advatage across the board will allow vettal to be a dominant force I would expect lots of moaning and negative chit chat on the radio no doubt the pressure will be right on top of Lewis.Seb is no butler and the German fans want him to win.England vs Germany at all levels of sport they are always juicy encounters.Damlier will call the shots weather totto likes it or not He not silly and he knows who pays the bills.

Let it happen.

But imagine a dream scenario, highly unlikely but still. Seb wins the 2020 championship with Ferrari and then left for Mercedes and he beats Lewis and has 6 titles. Shame he has kids in some way, as it takes a lot of focus off, his priorities changed. At least I would really want that final time to be on the podium at Ferrari, which is a dream team for every driver. A team with amazing lot of history, without Ferrari F1 wouldnt exist.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/michae...el-comparison/
    This is Jean Todt... version.

So all of them down. Vettel & Lec are still driving for Ferrari till 2020.
    When vettel moves out, we can talk about sainz or Lec next. It’s a continuous process.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post

If we don't have the car to do 'it' , and unfortunately since I 'entered' F1 end of '76 we most of the time didn't, it would be great to have Seb as a title-
    contender in a Mercedes .

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post

If we don't have the car to do 'it' , and unfortunately since I 'entered' F1 end of '76 we most of the time didn't, it would be great to have Seb as a title-
    contender in a Mercedes .
    Anything that stops the Hamilton roller-coaster is a bonus, but to see Seb doing it at Merc would be hard to swallow! It may well be Max who will end the Hamilton domination unless our car and Charles have an answer, which may be a pipe-dream.

"Reportedly"....

It was also "reported" that Ferrari offered Vettel 2-years contract, which turned out to be false. It was also "reported" that Mclaren approached Vettel, again turned out to be false. The whole "Mercedes board" thing is nothing but a rumor, and pretty sure it would, again, turn out to be false.

As for Vettel's future, all I have to say is:

♪♪ Na na na...hey hey hey...Goodbay ♪♪
    Helmut Marko held talks with Vettel and tried to bring him back to Red Bull.

I talked to Seb and of course we went through the variations and possibilities at Red Bull. Those unfortunately don’t exist and I think the understanding was Seb would continue if he gets into a winning team and that would be Mercedes in this case.
    Marko told Vettel about the possibilities for him to join Red Bull but Vettel is adamant that he wants to be in a winning team only, i.e he wants to join Mercedes only.

Very well said!
    Silently, like a shadow

Give him a reliable car with a stable rear end and a good team harmony, strategy and he will deliver.
    this is true for 85% of the drivers in F1.
    Silently, like a shadow

When the season finally gets started I can see a highly motivated vettal.His attitude will be to show Ferrari what ttheyhad.He will be aggressive and fast no doubt no hold barred and no favours for lecrec, this will also cause an uplift with Charles so interesting races ahead.Ferrari go into this year's championship with 2 very good drivers No doubt.Ferrari have to play there part also give them a competitive car seriously, and either one can win 2020 WDC.and constructors titles now that's going out with a bang big time.