Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Helmut Marko held talks with Vettel and tried to bring him back to Red Bull.

Marko told Vettel about the possibilities for him to join Red Bull but Vettel is adamant that he wants to be in a winning team only, i.e he wants to join Mercedes only.

Helmet Marko on SkyGermany

Helmut Marko: "That wouldn't be so good for the sport, but the fight Sebastian Vettel vs Lewis Hamilton would again mobilise a lot of fans/viewers."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYjk69HXsAEHalm.jpg

Helmut Marko: "I talked to Seb and of course we went through the variations and possibilities at Red Bull, which unfortunately don't exist and I think the tenor was: Seb would continue if he gets into a winning team and that would be given in this case (Mercedes)."

Helmut Marko: "A 4-time world champion who has achieved a lot in this sport, who is in a good financial position, before he takes on any midfield team, then I would also say that it would suit Seb's character, his style, to stop."

Helmut Marko: "It would be a shame for the sport but for the person Sebastian Vettel, it would be the best solution if no winning team is available."

Helmut Marko about whether he talked to Max about a possible Verstappen/Vettel driver pairing:

"No we have existing contracts with Max and Alex. And that's why it didn't come up."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Wow all of a sudden from left field bottas gives manager permission to speak to Renault. Something is not adding up here, may be it's Damlier who has told bottas to enquie about the potential seat at Renault, so if he goes which he will after being pushed by Damlier that will make way for vettal to join mercedes.The Germans will rejoice the periodical son is finally home.The financial gain by having a German in a mercedes far out weighs any potential clashes with Lewis.It adds up to a win win for mercedes Benz f1.

Personally I’d be pleased if Mercedes put Hamilton and Vettel in the same car. That will be fun

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Seb in a mercedes that is winning and maintains its advatage across the board will allow vettal to be a dominant force I would expect lots of moaning and negative chit chat on the radio no doubt the pressure will be right on top of Lewis.Seb is no butler and the German fans want him to win.England vs Germany at all levels of sport they are always juicy encounters.Damlier will call the shots weather totto likes it or not He not silly and he knows who pays the bills.
    Wolff is a shareholder (30%) of the Mercedes team and part owner. So your "whether Toto likes or not" statement is pretty irreverent. For Vettel to end up at Mercedes, he needs Wolff's blessings, and as the CEO of the Mercedes F1 team it is Toto Wolff who'd ultimately take the final decision, not Daimler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Personally I’d be pleased if Mercedes put Hamilton and Vettel in the same car. That will be fun
    Me too, watching the sparks between them would be hilarious for us fans to watch...but somehow I don’t buy it...Merc would be fools to go from a perfect harmony drivers to something that would make things difficult

Helmut Marko held talks with Vettel and tried to bring him back to Red Bull.

Marko told Vettel about the possibilities for him to join Red Bull but Vettel is adamant that he wants to be in a winning team only, i.e he wants to join Mercedes only.
    Changed your cocky tone I see. Good.

Now, as I said before, I couldn't care less whether Vettel ends up at Red Bull/Mercedes. All I care about is Ferrari, and happy that Vettel will not be driving for us anymore after this year.

Now again, speaking of Vettel's future, Horner made it pretty clear during his Sky interview that as long as Max is with them, the door for Vettel has been shut. And during his interview with Austrian broadcaster ORF, Toto made it quite clear that if Bottas is to leave next year, then he would replace him with George Russell. He acknowledged that Mercedes-Vettel would be a great thing from German perspective but he also said this: ""But we have to stay true to our team, and loyalty is something that is important and part of our values."
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 23rd May 2020 at 12:34.

Personally I don’t see Vet going anywhere but enjoying himself on a beach somewhere with a margarita or a beer (whichever he prefers) in his hand and reminisce about the times when he drove the rocket ships Newey gave him at red bull.

He’s got nowhere to go but retirement after this year

It would be hilarious if Vettel beats Hamilton in the same car.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Two drivers can't fit in or drive the same car.

What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

He couldn’t beat Hamilton having faster car for first half of 2018
    Last edited by Rishu; 23rd May 2020 at 15:06.

He couldn’t beat Hamilton during first half of 2018 with better car
    Don’t think so...!!

It’s Mercs era..... they can unleash the potential of the car as they wish.

What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t think so...!!

It’s Mercs era..... they can unleash the potential of the car as they wish.
    So do you mean Merc were happy getting trounced initially in 2018? And why would they do it if they can repeat 2014, 2016 anytime they want?
    Last edited by Rishu; 23rd May 2020 at 15:04.

He couldn’t beat Hamilton during first half of 2018 with better car
    And Vettel was leading Hamilton by 28 points in first half of 2017 with a slower car.

So do you mean Merc were happy getting trounced initially in 2018? And why would they do it if they can repeat 2014, 2016 anytime they want?
    I don’t mean that. But the point is, vettel made mistake & the team as well. It’s a clap from both sides.
    2018 German GP strategy error by team & vettel mistake. Which termed the key factor.
    And 2nd half of season, Mercs were another level because they kept developing the car. Where our car was the same & finding answers on set-up purely going backwards.

I would say the same again. 2017 & 2018 are very good cars but not championship winning cars against strong merc car & driver.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 23rd May 2020 at 15:24.

And Vettel was leading Hamilton by 28 points in first half of 2017 with a slower car.
    Wrong

Ferrari was working better on most of the tracks initially and Mercedes was having trouble on slower circuits. It was Vettel again imploding in Baku, and if you ask me, he should’ve been black flagged for that childish incident. After that he again started to lose mental battle against Hamilton like after Hockenheim in 2018

Read this

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...6Kc0eQA4S.html

I don’t mean that. But the point is, vettel made mistake & the team as well. It’s a clap from both sides.
    2018 German GP strategy error by team & vettel mistake. Which termed the key factor.
    And 2nd half of season, Mercs were another level because they kept developing the car. Where our car was the same & finding answers on set-up purely going backwards.
    Not taking anything away from Mercedes. They have always had upper hand in Hybrid era. But when we had the opportunity, we blew it. 2017 maybe but 2018 definitely. Easy to put blame on the team but do you expect a 4 times world champion with a salary of 40m to make contact 4 times within a span of 5-6 races with his front axle and spinning around?

Not taking anything away from Mercedes. They have always had upper hand in Hybrid era. But when we had the opportunity, we blew it. 2017 maybe but 2018 definitely. Easy to put blame on the team but do you expect a 4 times world champion with a salary of 40m to make contact 4 times within a span of 5-6 races with his front axle and spinning around?
    Even I don’t accept it. I clearly stated vettel mistakes. But you have read only “team mistakes”.

Wrong

Ferrari was working better on most of the tracks initially and Mercedes was having trouble on slower circuits. It was Vettel again imploding in Baku, and if you ask me, he should’ve been black flagged for that childish incident. After that he again started to lose mental battle against Hamilton like after Hockenheim in 2018

Read this

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...6Kc0eQA4S.html
    Ferrari was working better on which tracks?

1) Australia - Mercedes was on pole, Ferrari won it after Verstappen held off Hamilton and Vettel emerged in front.
    2) Bahrain - Mercedes was half a second faster in qualifying than Ferrari.
    3) China - Mercedes on pole and won.
    4) Russia - Ferrari 1-2 in qualifying but that long straight at the start with Bottas starting in P3 along with Ferrari's engine that year was enough for Bottas to grab victory.
    5) Spain - Vettel marginally lost out on pole but made amends at the start by leading in P1 and was driving so well, comfortably racing to victory before VSC wiped out his 8 seconds lead.
    6) Monaco - Ferrari 1-2 in qualifying and finished with Ferrari 1-2 in race also.
    7) Canada - Verstappen coming from behind clipped Vettel's front wing who started P2, Vettel was forced to pit but then recovered to P4, just a lap more and it would be P3.
    8) Baku - Ferrari a second slower than Mercedes in qualifying, in race without that incident coupled with Hamilton's own problem, Vettel would have won it. Performance wise win was not possible but situation with Hamilton's problem made win possible.
    9) Austria - Vettel with a stonking lap secured front row and finished P2.
    10) Silverstone - Ferrari's worst race of the year. Absolutely zero pace in both qualifying and race, Mercedes was a second a lap faster in race pace.
    11) Hungary - Ferrari 1-2 in both qualifying and race.
    12) Spa - Exposed engine performance badly. Vettel on 2 steps softer tyres than Hamilton wasn't able to overtake him even with a tow. But was able to overtake him in 2018. The less said about 2017 engine the better.

After the summer break, the gap between Mercedes and Ferrari widened a lot and it was pretty much done and dusted. As you can see, engine was the biggest shortcoming of the 2017 season, also Ferrari didn't like the high downforce car and completely changed the car in 2018. Finally last year, Binotto said that we need a high downforce car. SF70-H was a great example of that.

Luck wise you can say Baku win was possible but luck doesn't define entire season, championships are won based on performance throughout the whole season and Mercedes was always fighting for poles and wins in every race, Ferrari in only a few.

Mercedes are like a great chocolate cake they have a great consistency of ingredients right through it.Very hard to topple.

Yeah hard to deny, Seb was awesome in 2017, 2015 and first part of 2018. Did its best and for the most of the time had to overdrive the car, just to keep up with Mercedes and was much more on the limit as Lewis, because he had to. All of all Lewis had the better team, strategy, better car, better reliability, hard to say this as a Ferrari and a Seb fan. Its the pressure of being a Ferrari driver that killed Alonso, Seb and its the pressure which will also destroy Leclerc. Big change is needed, Binotto is not a good guy to lead the team, you need a leader that can find the solution when things dont look good, a leader with balls.

WITH TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS GLOBALLY NOT EASY TO FIND SOME ONE WITH BALLS.

He couldn’t beat Hamilton having faster car for first half of 2018
    We'll never know unless they're in the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Yeah hard to deny, Seb was awesome in 2017, 2015 and first part of 2018. Did its best and for the most of the time had to overdrive the car, just to keep up with Mercedes and was much more on the limit as Lewis, because he had to. All of all Lewis had the better team, strategy, better car, better reliability, hard to say this as a Ferrari and a Seb fan. Its the pressure of being a Ferrari driver that killed Alonso, Seb and its the pressure which will also destroy Leclerc. Big change is needed, Binotto is not a good guy to lead the team, you need a leader that can find the solution when things dont look good, a leader with balls.
    What???....and firing yet another team principal is the answer??? IF Ferrari fires Binotto that will be 3 team principals in this Turbo Hybrid era...Mattiacci, Arrivabene, and Binotto.

I disgree. Binotto comes from within Ferrari and is very technical on the F1 dept. He's moved people around in the last year....alot of people. He's only been team principal for F1 Ferrari for about a year and a half.....not to mention the F1 cars are produced a year ahead of schedule so the 2019 car was under Arrivabene's direction. The SF1000 is really Binotto's car....and we have yet to see it perform under track conditions. Yes, Binotto has"downplayed" the SF1000's performance and is lacking.

After Todt left in 2008, Binotto is the only team principal with the technicallity and responsibility of running an F1 team......everyone after Todt and before Binotto were just "fillers" TRYING to run an F1 team. Personally, I would NOT have put those "fillers" in play but I don't run Ferrari and have no say so.

Give Binotto and his F1 team time....I'd say 2 to 3 years before the drivers, the car and the team get crackin. We're going to have 2 young drivers next year...a 22yo and a 25yo....which is a completely different age group of let's say Vettel and Raikkonen.

The driver's are in play for 2021....now it's just the car and the team that need to back up the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What???....and firing yet another team principal is the answer??? IF Ferrari fires Binotto that will be 3 team principals in this Turbo Hybrid era...Mattiacci, Arrivabene, and Binotto.

I disgree. Binotto comes from within Ferrari and is very technical on the F1 dept. He's moved people around in the last year....alot of people. He's only been team principal for F1 Ferrari for about a year and a half.....not to mention the F1 cars are produced a year ahead of schedule so the 2019 car was under Arrivabene's direction. The SF1000 is really Binotto's car....and we have yet to see it perform under track conditions. Yes, Binotto has"downplayed" the SF1000's performance and is lacking.

After Todt left in 2008, Binotto is the only team principal with the technicallity and responsibility of running an F1 team......everyone after Todt and before Binotto were just "fillers" TRYING to run an F1 team. Personally, I would NOT have put those "fillers" in play but I don't run Ferrari and have no say so.

Give Binotto and his F1 team time....I'd say 2 to 3 years before the drivers, the car and the team get crackin. We're going to have 2 young drivers next year...a 22yo and a 25yo....which is a completely different age group of let's say Vettel and Raikkonen.

The driver's are in play for 2021....now it's just the car and the team that need to back up the drivers.
    Absolutely agree with you...!!

Binotto for sure checked his $$$ contract before signing up with a team he says needs 2 or 3 yrs. to be up to winning WCC. Even with no chance of winning as he strongly says, his check is in the mail. Sebs millions also were for sure in the mail. Charles and Max are in F-1 to win races and WCC, WDC. Lewis also sees GOAT records , not only $$$$ ! F-1 fans have a great chance to be watching great races between these drivers if and when they get back on the track. The Ferrari pit crew and Charles will keep us watching and hoping we are in the game.

I would say the same again. 2017 & 2018 are very good cars but not championship winning cars against strong merc car & driver.
    Ferrari's strategy error and Vettel crashing out of a race are mutually exclusive. Both of these errors are not in the same ballpark.
    Ferrari not ordering Raikkonen to move over right away is not the same thing as Vettel crashing out of the lead. Raikkonen getting a tow from Vettel in Monza qualifying is not the same thing as Vettel making contact with Hamilton and spinning.

Yes, Ferrari made mistakes, they made mistakes by ignoring Raikkonen's strategy most of time while being 100% focused on Vettel. The left Raikkonen out on track to fend for himself most of the time while giving Vettel the best possible strategy, like pitting him first or giving him the right tyres during pit-stops. They gave Vettel the best tools possible, one such examples: Vettel got the spec-2 engine upgrades in Canada and Raikkonen had to wait until Monza to get that. And while Raikkonen finally got the spec-2, Vettel on the other hand got the spec-3 in Monza. To me it's pretty clear, it should be Raikkonen and his fans who should be complaining about team mistakes, not Vettel and his fans.

Some people here always ***** on Ferrari to make Vettel look good. Your post is one such example. You don't differentiate, to you Mercedes was as dominant in 2017-2019 as they were from 2014-2016. But that's utter nonsense. Both in 2017 and 2018, Mercedes struggled against Ferrari. Hamilton in the end won quite comfortably, but that's mainly because of Vettel's mistakes. I mean, how many mistakes you saw Hamilton's been made in 2018 compared to Vettel?

But things have changed. His delusional fans, like always, think he's going to something extraordinary this year, like beating Leclerc-Ham-Max and winning the WDC. Laughable, because 2020 is going to be even more painful for Vettel. Time has come for Vettel to get the Raikkonen-treatment. It's Leclerc who'll be getting the new aero parts and engine specs, not Vettel. Ferrari are not foolish enough to give Vettel all the new tools, so that he can share info's with a rival team. Ferrari will make sure that Leclerc finishes ahead of Vettel, so they will be fully focused on Leclerc's strategy. For Ferrari, Vettel's pretty much a pariah right now.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 24th May 2020 at 06:50.

Vettel, who ran away from Ricciardo, and who's now running away from Leclerc, will go willing to Hamilton's team and beat him...yeah sure. I mean there's no harm in fantasizing about Vettel's supposed prowess as F1 driver, but don't be surprised when reality hits you hard in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel, who ran away from Ricciardo, and who's now running away from Leclerc, will go willing to Hamilton's team and beat him...yeah sure. I mean there's no harm in fantasizing about Vettel's supposed prowess as F1 driver, but don't be surprised when reality hits you hard in the face.
    Keep dreaming in your world. Seb was faster last year than Charles in races. Would finish ahead of him if Sochi and some more issues didnt happen. Was absolutely stronger than him after Singapore. Just it was Spa and Bahrain the only races when Charles had the edge. Nobody run away, Seb had a perfomance clouse in 2014 so he can left the team. If he finished lower than third in wdc he could join other team. Seb is smart. On pure pace last year they were mostly equal. Being a delusional hater of course like you doesnt help, as you cant see the right picture youe hate its blinding you.

Seb is a true legend of f1, so is Alonso. We live in a generation when we have a opportunity go see the amazing talents race. Verstappen is the next champion mark my words.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 24th May 2020 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Keep dreaming in your world. Seb was faster last year than Charles in races. Would finish ahead of him if Sochi and some more issues didnt happen. Was absolutely stronger than him after Singapore. Just it was Spa and Bahrain the only races when Charles had the edge. Nobody run away, Seb had a perfomance clouse in 2014 so he can left the team. If he finished lower than third in wdc he could join other team. Seb is smart. On pure pace last year they were mostly equal. Being a delusional hater of course like you doesnt help, as you cant see the right picture youe hate its blinding you.

Seb is a true legend of f1, so is Alonso. We live in a generation when we have a opportunity go see the amazing talents race. Verstappen is the next champion mark my words.
    2019 points total for both drivers

1.) Charles Leclerc 264 points (2nd year in F1 and 1st year with Ferrari)

2.) Sebastian Vettel 240 points

How is Vettel faster than Leclerc????? and I really don't care about qualifying. It's what you do in a race with 19 other drivers to finish and tally up the points.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

I agree for the most part, but I have always said that Binotto can't be expected to be the technical chief and the track-side boss without someone to share the load, just look at Merc and RB with Allison/Toto and Horner/Newey/Marko, it requires concentration in every aspect of running a team, especially at the circuits.