Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I agree for the most part, but I have always said that Binotto can't be expected to be the technical chief and the track-side boss without someone to share the load, just look at Merc and RB with Allison/Toto and Horner/Newey/Marko, it requires concentration in every aspect of running a team, especially at the circuits.
    I agree.....I'm sure Binotto is getting OR has gotten HIS people in place to share the load. Yeah, right now it's just Binotto unlike the other 2 teams you mentioned.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Binotto is the right man to lead Ferrari. Ferrari needs people with brain and experience, and Binotto had it covered on both fronts. He made the right decision by booting out Vettel, Brazil 2019 was plainly obvious that Leclerc-Vettel pairing wouldn't work.

He also showed shrewdness and competent decision making regarding the political aspect of F1, he made it quite clear that budget cup of 145M is the absolute minimum, Ferrari can't go any lower. Although Zack Brown and Cyril fought quite hard to it get to 100M, in the end F1 agreed to enforce 145M cap. Another political victory for Ferrari after the engine drama.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2019 points total for both drivers

1.) Charles Leclerc 264 points (2nd year in F1 and 1st year with Ferrari)

2.) Sebastian Vettel 240 points

How is Vettel faster than Leclerc????? and I really don't care about qualifying. It's what you do in a race with 19 other drivers to finish and tally up the points.
    Easy Seb had better race pace for most of the races.

You have some serious Vettel blinkers on Vettel165...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    You have some serious Vettel blinkers on Vettel165...
    We’ve all been saying this all along....but his love for Vettel is sky high....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Easy Seb had better race pace for most of the races.
    I am also a Vettel fan.l am watching F1 because of ferrari and schumacher.Just don't argue with them.They are looking every opportunity to insult vettel.Whenever you are supporting Vettel they are insulting him.They have forgotten about the year 2014 and how Vettel raised the morality of the team.It don't know whether he will outscore Leclerc or not but, Vettel will be always my favorite as is ferrari.I think those who are all criticising Vettel might be the top dog of their field they might not tasted failure.

Vettal did the best he could.He probably has some regrets but Ferrari is a complex beast politics and the lack of leadership do not help any Ferrari drivers cause.Burn out and fatigue with added pressure is a formula to fail.Seb needs a breath fresh air with a new direction.This will invigorate him .Vettal still has lots to offer.He has no pressure on him know and when this season starts expect a very fast and mistake free vettal.Ferrari need to get there act together for to long know the Ferrari fiddle has been playing a very poor tune indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    It would be hilarious if Vettel beats Hamilton in the same car.
    The same Vettel who couldn’t beat Verstappen in a faster car last year? Yeah right!

Sebastian Vettel: why Formula 1 has turned its back on the German champion

http://scuderiafans.com/sebastian-ve...rman-champion/

Imagine there is a lot to play here, maybe we will see the things develop in different way that we expect. Seb back to Red Bull, and Verstappen to Mercedes with Hamilton. Mercedes falls behind in pace and Leclerc and Seb fight for the world title in different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari's strategy error and Vettel crashing out of a race are mutually exclusive. Both of these errors are not in the same ballpark.
    Ferrari not ordering Raikkonen to move over right away is not the same thing as Vettel crashing out of the lead. Raikkonen getting a tow from Vettel in Monza qualifying is not the same thing as Vettel making contact with Hamilton and spinning.

Yes, Ferrari made mistakes, they made mistakes by ignoring Raikkonen's strategy most of time while being 100% focused on Vettel. The left Raikkonen out on track to fend for himself most of the time while giving Vettel the best possible strategy, like pitting him first or giving him the right tyres during pit-stops. They gave Vettel the best tools possible, one such examples: Vettel got the spec-2 engine upgrades in Canada and Raikkonen had to wait until Monza to get that. And while Raikkonen finally got the spec-2, Vettel on the other hand got the spec-3 in Monza. To me it's pretty clear, it should be Raikkonen and his fans who should be complaining about team mistakes, not Vettel and his fans.

Some people here always ***** on Ferrari to make Vettel look good. Your post is one such example. You don't differentiate, to you Mercedes was as dominant in 2017-2019 as they were from 2014-2016. But that's utter nonsense. Both in 2017 and 2018, Mercedes struggled against Ferrari. Hamilton in the end won quite comfortably, but that's mainly because of Vettel's mistakes. I mean, how many mistakes you saw Hamilton's been made in 2018 compared to Vettel?

But things have changed. His delusional fans, like always, think he's going to something extraordinary this year, like beating Leclerc-Ham-Max and winning the WDC. Laughable, because 2020 is going to be even more painful for Vettel. Time has come for Vettel to get the Raikkonen-treatment. It's Leclerc who'll be getting the new aero parts and engine specs, not Vettel. Ferrari are not foolish enough to give Vettel all the new tools, so that he can share info's with a rival team. Ferrari will make sure that Leclerc finishes ahead of Vettel, so they will be fully focused on Leclerc's strategy. For Ferrari, Vettel's pretty much a pariah right now.
    Think as you wish. I don’t want reiterate my stand on team or a driver.
    If its right or wrong, they I say it clear & loud. That’s the reason we are here on this forum.
    I was one along with @mwk called Lec should be in ferrari team sooner or later after watching his F2 stints.
    Now I don’t want to explain it again & again.

Alonso & Schumi are my all time favourites. I even wished that Alonso should come back to ferrari for an year & win the championship. That’s the passion I have for ferrari & driver.

When Alonso left they called damn politics inside team because of him, when vettel leaving damn he’s worst driver.
    Hope this is repetitive against Leclerc too. That’s the worry for me. Now that everything is united & wants Leclerc to perform
    If he doesn’t then it’s the same formula like Alonso/vettel.

Coming your comment on Vettel mistakes or something. I don’t know how do you analyse the things relatively just by one post or would look into other posts as well. May be people like you just come out & throw a post without any base.
    I clearly said vettel’s mistakes & also team mistakes. Both are there in my post.
    You are saying Kimi vs vettel right?
    2017 ferrari was dominant how funny post it was. Don’t you remember spark plug issue? Where our didn’t start even on the grid? Don’t you remember TC failure?
    Coming to your spec upgrade, damn you don’t see or consider points table. Team preferred Vettel because he was leading the points & he’s up against Merc/ham. Can you let me know where was Kimi in terms of points at that stage?
    Kimi was having reliability issues combined with some poor performances.

In 2018, Kimi was matching to vettel. I think it was best performance upon his comeback to ferrari.
    You were talking about merc performance right? How did we end up behind merc & RB almost catching us up in the 2nd half of 2018? Only vettel’s mistakes? Funny
    Ferrari lost its development path in 2nd half & it was mentioned by TP too. Check & come back.

My stand remains the same. Ferrari never had championship winning car. vettel’s & team mistakes caused more failures but not a championship.

Hope they turn the table in 2021 & come up with a strong car where Leclerc can pull it off. Sainz can play Bottas role.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Think as you wish. I don’t want reiterate my stand on team or a driver.
    If its right or wrong, they I say it clear & loud. That’s the reason we are here on this forum.
    I was one along with @mwk called Lec should be in ferrari team sooner or later after watching his F2 stints.
    Now I don’t want to explain it again & again.

Alonso & Schumi are my all time favourites. I even wished that Alonso should come back to ferrari for an year & win the championship. That’s the passion I have for ferrari & driver.

When Alonso left they called damn politics inside team because of him, when vettel leaving damn he’s worst driver.
    Hope this is repetitive against Leclerc too. That’s the worry for me. Now that everything is united & wants Leclerc to perform
    If he doesn’t then it’s the same formula like Alonso/vettel.

Coming your comment on Vettel mistakes or something. I don’t know how do you analyse the things relatively just by one post or would look into other posts as well. May be people like you just come out & throw a post without any base.
    I clearly said vettel’s mistakes & also team mistakes. Both are there in my post.
    You are saying Kimi vs vettel right?
    2017 ferrari was dominant how funny post it was. Don’t you remember spark plug issue? Where our didn’t start even on the grid? Don’t you remember TC failure?
    Coming to your spec upgrade, damn you don’t see or consider points table. Team preferred Vettel because he was leading the points & he’s up against Merc/ham. Can you let me know where was Kimi in terms of points at that stage?
    Kimi was having reliability issues combined with some poor performances.

In 2018, Kimi was matching to vettel. I think it was best performance upon his comeback to ferrari.
    You were talking about merc performance right? How did we end up behind merc & RB almost catching us up in the 2nd half of 2018? Only vettel’s mistakes? Funny
    Ferrari lost its development path in 2nd half & it was mentioned by TP too. Check & come back.

My stand remains the same. Ferrari never had championship winning car. vettel’s & team mistakes caused more failures but not a championship.

Hope they turn the table in 2021 & come up with a strong car where Leclerc can pull it off. Sainz can play Bottas role.
    You don't want to reiterate, but your entire post says otherwise.
    Again, you've been harping on about "team mistakes". And again I ask, show one example of such mistake that caused Vettel to lose 25 points. There are plenty of examples regarding Raikkonen's strategy, so why don't you stand up and show us similar examples of Ferrari screwing Vettel's strategy.

You talk about spark-plug issue, occurred in Japan 2017, nearly 3 years ago. And I don't know what TC failure you're referring to, since traction control has been banned since 2008. I guess you're referring to his power unit failure in Malaysia 2017, again something that had happened nearly 3 years ago. So from 2017-2018, out of 41 races Vettel only had 2 major reliability failures. WOW...Vettel really suffered horribly because of Ferrari's unreliability...

And again you backtrack and include Alonso. I really don't understand Vettel fan's fascination toward Alonso, you lot always like to mention him, even when the main discussion is about Vettel and his 2017-2018 performance.
    And trust me, plenty of us here weren't happy with Alonso's departure and Vettel's appointment. Back then we knew it pretty well, Vettel, even if he had better Ferrari cars than Alonso's, he would never get close to win the WDC or match Alonso. And guess what, we were proven right. And again we were proven right, when we said that Leclerc is going to trash Vettel in 2019.

And speaking of "second half on 2018", Lets see: From Belgium-Abu Dhabi, Hamilton scored: 195 points (0 reliability issues), Bottas scored: 115 points (0 reliability issues), Vettel scored: 131 points (0 reliability issues), Raikonen scored: 105 points (2 DNF's to unreliability). So according to you, Ferrari SF71-H was the 3rd fastest car, but here we see that, Bottas driving the Mercedes rocket-ship, only out scored Raikkonen by 10 points, while the latter suffered 2 DNF's due to reliability issues. Hamilton on the other hand out scored Vettel by 64 points. I mean we can easily draw inference from the data: It is Hamilton who made the difference. Hamilton kept his hand clean, made 0 mistakes and collected maximum points when possible, Vettel on the other hand made contact with Hamilton in Monza, with Max in Japan and with Dani Ric in USA (while also ignored red flag during qualifying and earned himself 3 place grid drop), so that's 4 mistakes within a span of 4 GP's.
    And I see you find those mistakes funny, clearly you've something going on for Vettel and Vettel spinning on track amused you. But as a Ferrari fan, seeing him doing his ballet routine made me angry and frustrated.

And hey, it's not just me who said Ferrari had the fastest car, even the great Ross Brawn said it. Then there was Chandhok, Mark Hughes...all of them were equally impressed with both SF70 and SF71.

And you don't have to hope, Ferrari, sooner than later, will turn it's fortune around. You just hope that Vettel gets a seat for next year, otherwise it's a pretty much good bye Sebastian Vettel from F1.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 25th May 2020 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    Sebastian Vettel: why Formula 1 has turned its back on the German champion

http://scuderiafans.com/sebastian-ve...rman-champion/
    Well it quite obvious isn't. I've been saying it ever since Ferrari announced Vettel's departure, he's right now pretty much a un-wanted driver. Vettel actually approached both Red Bull and Mclaren for a seat during the winter, but both them shut their door to his face, Red Bull were a bit pleasant with him, Mclaren not so much and not even considered him for the 2nd seat.

Would laugh my head of when he ends up in Mercedes or in a Red Bull. He deserves it.

I'd be suprised if he ends up in either. Both those teams already have their no 1 drivers and I suspect they won't wish to upset the apple cart. Red Bull have already said there's no opportunity there for him.

I hope he stays in F1 but have no wish to see him fadr into obscurity in a midfield team.... he deserves better than that.

Would laugh my head of when he ends up in Mercedes or in a Red Bull. He deserves it.

Some may argue he got more than he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Personally I’d be pleased if Mercedes put Hamilton and Vettel in the same car. That will be fun
    That might ensure Ferrari win the title (like it did in 2007).
    Ham and Vettel will be at each others throats. Neither of them dont play nicely when challenged within the team. It would be epic.
    Ham is very political and he might win that battle.
    Oh yes!! it would be fun.
    Silently, like a shadow

Damiler cap will have the say totto wolf will be side lined on this vettal to mercedes issue 30 % of totto interest in mercedes is a long way short of the remaining 70%.The wolf has a strained relationship with the Daimler chief Hansen his investment in Aston Martin interesting times ahead always expect the unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You don't want to reiterate, but your entire post says otherwise.
    Again, you've been harping on about "team mistakes". And again I ask, show one example of such mistake that caused Vettel to lose 25 points. There are plenty of examples regarding Raikkonen's strategy, so why don't you stand up and show us similar examples of Ferrari screwing Vettel's strategy.

You talk about spark-plug issue, occurred in Japan 2017, nearly 3 years ago. And I don't know what TC failure you're referring to, since traction control has been banned since 2008. I guess you're referring to his power unit failure in Malaysia 2017, again something that had happened nearly 3 years ago. So from 2017-2018, out of 41 races Vettel only had 2 major reliability failures. WOW...Vettel really suffered horribly because of Ferrari's unreliability...

And again you backtrack and include Alonso. I really don't understand Vettel fan's fascination toward Alonso, you lot always like to mention him, even when the main discussion is about Vettel and his 2017-2018 performance.
    And trust me, plenty of us here weren't happy with Alonso's departure and Vettel's appointment. Back then we knew it pretty well, Vettel, even if he had better Ferrari cars than Alonso's, he would never get close to win the WDC or match Alonso. And guess what, we were proven right. And again we were proven right, when we said that Leclerc is going to trash Vettel in 2019.

And speaking of "second half on 2018", Lets see: From Belgium-Abu Dhabi, Hamilton scored: 195 points (0 reliability issues), Bottas scored: 115 points (0 reliability issues), Vettel scored: 131 points (0 reliability issues), Raikonen scored: 105 points (2 DNF's to unreliability). So according to you, Ferrari SF71-H was the 3rd fastest car, but here we see that, Bottas driving the Mercedes rocket-ship, only out scored Raikkonen by 10 points, while the latter suffered 2 DNF's due to reliability issues. Hamilton on the other hand out scored Vettel by 64 points. I mean we can easily draw inference from the data: It is Hamilton who made the difference. Hamilton kept his hand clean, made 0 mistakes and collected maximum points when possible, Vettel on the other hand made contact with Hamilton in Monza, with Max in Japan and with Dani Ric in USA (while also ignored red flag during qualifying and earned himself 3 place grid drop), so that's 4 mistakes within a span of 4 GP's.
    And I see you find those mistakes funny, clearly you've something going on for Vettel and Vettel spinning on track amused you. But as a Ferrari fan, seeing him doing his ballet routine made me angry and frustrated.

And hey, it's not just me who said Ferrari had the fastest car, even the great Ross Brawn said it. Then there was Chandhok, Mark Hughes...all of them were equally impressed with both SF70 and SF71.

And you don't have to hope, Ferrari, sooner than later, will turn it's fortune around. You just hope that Vettel gets a seat for next year, otherwise it's a pretty much good bye Sebastian Vettel from F1.
    Sooner or later means when you start again a new post on say good bye to Leclerc ??? Just like Alonso & vettel.
    Stop it & just move on.
    Wow Ross/Mark Hughes etc..... just check you references clearly what they said, ferrari lost its path in mid season.

Backtracking Alonso . I said he’s my Favourite, what is it to do with you?? Nothing right.
    One more thing I see coming from you in 2021 or 2022 is remove Carlos or Charles they are not performing or making mistakes as the car is tittle winner but they are not delivering. I would expect this from you sooner or later.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 26th May 2020 at 06:19.

I will go on record and say that I think Merc will sign Seb for 2021. I give that 80%. The other 20% will either be Red Bull or retirement. This is basicly a similar situation to Michael and Nico. The biggest difference between Ferrari and german teams is that the germans actually really want their natives in their cars. At Ferrari having italian drivers have often gone south so to speak.

Vettel will not go to Mercedes. Mercedes will not "upset" the order of their dirvers.

Vettel will not go to RedBull. RedBull's drivers are already signed on for several years.

Seb should just retire and join his family.

Thank-you Seb for all that you've done at Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Seb already knows what he is doing.He always holds his cards tightly, he does not go on social media and outside of f1 he is a mystery.when he and Ferrari parted ways his new shoes are waiting rest assured he has no comment to make and is laying low.All the reports all the stories all of the scenarios are coming from every media source except from him.Silence is golden.My 10 cents worth he will go to mercedes for 1 year to see how it goes in general and weather mercedes have handled that time well.Bottas will go to Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Seb already knows what he is doing.He always holds his cards tightly, he does not go on social media and outside of f1 he is a mystery.when he and Ferrari parted ways his new shoes are waiting rest assured he has no comment to make and is laying low.All the reports all the stories all of the scenarios are coming from every media source except from him.Silence is golden.My 10 cents worth he will go to mercedes for 1 year to see how it goes in general and weather mercedes have handled that time well.Bottas will go to Williams.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sooner or later means when you start again a new post on say good bye to Leclerc ??? Just like Alonso & vettel.
    Stop it & just move on.
    Wow Ross/Mark Hughes etc..... just check you references clearly what they said, ferrari lost its path in mid season.

Backtracking Alonso . I said he’s my Favourite, what is it to do with you?? Nothing right.
    One more thing I see coming from you in 2021 or 2022 is remove Carlos or Charles they are not performing or making mistakes as the car is tittle winner but they are not delivering. I would expect this from you sooner or later.
    All I see bunch of smileys, bunch of words, few question marks, one misspelled word but zero examples of "team mistakes". You know what they say, it you can't put up then shut up. It was just a poor attempt from your part to blame Ferrari for Vettel's shortcomings as a racing driver. Maybe next time, instead of blaming the car, the team, strategies, aero, tyres, suspensions etc etc accept this one simple fact: Vettel has failed as a Ferrari driver. Ferrari gave him everything. Great cars, an ideal teammate, the right environment, huge paychecks. But it was his own damn faults, his own stupid mistakes and poor racecraft that made him a failure.

And I see projections as well. Who knows what 2021 would bring? I know you guys are angry with Ferrari, but come one, you can't expect Ferrari to keep Vettel forever. He's free to drive elsewhere, if any other team wish to have him that is. But wishing ill will on Charles/Sainz the next generation of Ferrari F1 drivers, how pathetic.

Bottas has 7 wins, 11 poles with Merc. And he did that with a tough to beat team mate. He ain't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Bottas has 7 wins, 11 poles with Merc. And he did that with a tough to beat team mate. He ain't going anywhere.
    Wow and Lewis would have now just a 1 world title if he drove in a Ferrari from 2014 on. Who drives a quick, and a dominant car always wins the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Button outscored Hamilton the 3 years they were together. Rosberg beat him. So not exactly a tough to beat team mate. Bottas is simply a slow driver, it also doesn't help when your teammate begs the team to slow you down so you can overtake Vettel (Baku 2017).

Wow and Lewis would have now just a 1 world title if he drove in a Ferrari from 2014 on. Who drives a quick, and a dominant car always wins the championship.
    Rubens raced the same car as Schumi. How many did he win?
    2000 was a great car, but not dominant.
    Vettel just lost the will to win. Or focus. Or something.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Rubens raced the same car as Schumi. How many did he win?
    2000 was a great car, but not dominant.
    Vettel just lost the will to win. Or focus. Or something.
    Can't be said about Vettel. He always wanted to win the title with Ferrari. It didn't happen for many reasons but lack of will isn't one.

Vettal has this year with Ferrari he has not left yet any thing can happen he will throw everything at this championship rest assured he is not the type to sulk and lay down like a dog.Ferrari will go to the first race with a totally better package foolish to rule seb out.