Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Before those 4 days Hulk has 177 starts 1 pole, zero wins. He's 11 yrs. older than Stroll who's now 21. Stroll started F-1 in 2017 , 66 starts with 1podium ! Comparing Hulk to Stroll is a compliment to the young boy future wise.
    Last edited by Brembo; 9th August 2020 at 06:41.

Funny post

It was so close, every thing would be different, just few mistakes, almost Ferrari WDC. Thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Before those 4 days Hulk has 177 starts 1 pole, zero wins. He's 11 yrs. older than Stroll who's now 21. Stroll started F-1 in 2017 , 66 starts with 1podium ! Comparing Hulk to Stroll is a compliment to the young boy future wise.
    Hey even Maldonado won a race. So strange things happen but we don't place him in the same category as Hulk. I think Stroll may not be there quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Hey even Maldonado won a race. So strange things happen but we don't place him in the same category as Hulk. I think Stroll may not be there quite yet.
    I agree, but there's allot of effort on the boys part. he truly wants to get to the top.

Got a soft spot for.Stroll Brembo? You have a bit of Canadian in you?

How bout Latifi? His dad is another wealthy Canadian too?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Definitely ! Were neighbors. A fond member of "Canadian Club" for years ! Stroll is out to be a WDC , not just an OK driver. He believes he has a shot at; at least the podium, even a pole every race. Young and ambitious just like when Charles & Max started out. Meanwhile; I have to say my hopes for Gio have slowed down . As many fans here have said ; he needs a lot more time.

Definitely ! Were neighbors. A fond member of "Canadian Club" for years ! Stroll is out to be a WDC , not just an OK driver. He believes he has a shot at; at least the podium, even a pole every race. Young and ambitious just like when Charles & Max started out. Meanwhile; I have to say my hopes for Gio have slowed down . As many fans here have said ; he needs a lot more time.
    Both GIO and Kimi need a better car, neither of them have more time to play with, but if GIO gets shunted out of F1 it won't be through lack of trying, he manages to go well until his first pit-stop then his races seem to disintegrate.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Both GIO and Kimi need a better car, neither of them have more time to play with, but if GIO gets shunted out of F1 it won't be through lack of trying, he manages to go well until his first pit-stop then his races seem to disintegrate.
    I agree for sure; but... I lost hope reading how down most F-1 folks are on how he's progressing. Give him a car and i'll be right back here bragging about how he's coming along and possibly in that Ferrari seat! If anyone doubts it's the car just look at Kimi! He's for sure no rookie. Meanwhile Sebs new chassis seems to be another 12 place car & driver. Is Charles' car that much better to drive than Seb's? Besides the up front action I have my eye on Stroll.
    Last edited by Brembo; 15th August 2020 at 12:15.

Is Charles' car that much better to drive than Seb's?
    No it's not much better 9th and 11th.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    No it's not much better 9th and 11th.
    Got it ! So a Charles podium means driver not car!

Aston Martin multi year contract will be signed at the spa by vetal can't say that I never saw that coming good luck to seb now he can play chess with the wolf.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Vettel has received a contract offer from Racing Point (Aston Martin) with an annual salary of 15 million dollars, which Vettel will sign at the end of August - on the weekend of the Belgian Grand Prix!

Toto Wolff on the line too...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Vettel has received a contract offer from Racing Point (Aston Martin) with an annual salary of 15 million dollars, which Vettel will sign at the end of August - on the weekend of the Belgian Grand Prix!

15 million is quite a downgrade but I guess Vettel has earned so much since 2007, paycheck would be last of his concern. His primary endpoint is to get back the winning feeling which doesn't look like it's going to happen with RP. They are qualifying higher because of the engine mode and still slower than Red Bull and are further down in race pace. He won't be fighting for wins and podiums, not a good decision imo. But I guess he just wants to be in F1 and doesn't want to take sabbatical before joining RB in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    15 million is quite a downgrade but I guess Vettel has earned so much since 2007, paycheck would be last of his concern. His primary endpoint is to get back the winning feeling which doesn't look like it's going to happen with RP. They are qualifying higher because of the engine mode and still slower than Red Bull and are further down in race pace. He won't be fighting for wins and podiums, not a good decision imo. But I guess he just wants to be in F1 and doesn't want to take sabbatical before joining RB in 2022.
    With toto & team joining making a complete Aston Martin. I won’t rule off RP from winning & I don’t think vettel will join RB.
    There’s a long term contract with RP 3years.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

Perez Sponsors are offering more money to Aston to counter.

Seb will probably not have the pressure of the Scudeeria on his back.

The pink Mercedes is qualifying and racing better than Ferrari. So IF Seb signs, he'll move up the grid.

Seb will probably be more relaxed too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Perez Sponsors are offering more money to Aston to counter.

Seb will probably not have the pressure of the Scudeeria on his back.

The pink Mercedes is qualifying and racing better than Ferrari. So IF Seb signs, he'll move up the grid.

Seb will probably be more relaxed too.
    Yup that’s my point too...

And he’ll have a team mate to make him look good once again

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    And he’ll have a team mate to make him look good once again
    That’s wt happened & happening with Lewis too right?
    Imagine if Charles or Max as teammate to Lewis, Wts the outcome?

Button/Rosberg defeated Lewis...!!

When Vettel retires, Ferrari should hire him as the chief strategist and they will instantly become the best decision makers on the grid.

If Vettel has signed with Aston Martin for next year at least he will have 3rd best car for one year at least.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

When Vettel retires, Ferrari should hire him as the chief strategist and they will instantly become the best decision makers on the grid.
    Good idea, but after the way Ferrari appear to have dismissed him before the season even started, he'd probably be a liability. At least our current strategists are on the team's side, and occasionally it works.

Ferraris "treatment" of Vettel has definitely made Ferrari VILLAINS among regular F1 fans. Its almost unreal to see the level support Vettel gets and the level of absolute condemnation of Ferrari, people are basicly saying Ferrari is a scumbag company that with despicable people while comforting Vettel for being put through this horrible nightmare Ferrari is allegedly making him go through. Its an absolute PR disaster for Ferrari.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Ferraris "treatment" of Vettel has definitely made Ferrari VILLAINS among regular F1 fans. Its almost unreal to see the level support Vettel gets and the level of absolute condemnation of Ferrari, people are basicly saying Ferrari is a scumbag company that with despicable people while comforting Vettel for being put through this horrible nightmare Ferrari is allegedly making him go through. Its an absolute PR disaster for Ferrari.
    That's your view more likely, don't blame it on "people". And there is no PR disaster for Ferrari, it would've, if Vettel really was a popular driver. I've never seen him receiving the same amount of support that Schumi used to get when he was racing in both Italy and Germany. And he's not rated highly by other teams either, judging by the number of teams lined up to sign him, which is basically zero.

But of course, there is a problem with Ferrari as well. Days going by and it's getting more and more frustrating seeing Binotto's so called "leadership", he's not handling the Vettel problem properly. Vettel has been consistently criticizing the team, while completely ignoring his own mistakes and performance. I bet, if it was Horner, he would've pleasantly reminded Vettel his spins and crashes and would've done everything to shield Red Bull from Vettel's barrage of criticism.

But that's not the case with Binotto. He's an absolute disaster of a TP, he can't lead the team both on and off track. Ferrari should've forced him to take up his old TD role, and get some one outside for the TP role. But alas.

My view? Not at all. I am just going by what I am reading on other F1 forums, Facebook groups and social media. I dont know whats going within the team and with Vettel. Does anyone not inside the team really know the full extent of it? I have been defending Ferrari like with NAMEPLATE controversy which was nonsense.

Totally agree regarding Binotto. Ferrari should either completely break ties with Seb, or come out blazing defending their handling of the situation. Right now, Vettel is being touted as the only victim while Ferrari is the big bad wolf. There is no balance in reporting, and sadly the general population is just swallowing up everything they read or see on TV.

To make my position clear, I think Vettel should refrain from bashing the team strategy in the same race he spun at the start, I am not really defending Vettel. I am just sad Ferraris reputation is being drawn in the mud, not only by the results and car failures, but now for allegedly being "poor/mean" human beings as well.

Can it get any worse really? Good lord, Vettel should not have been in the team this season at all.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

If it's really the case, then I don't see any reason to put too much emphasis on facebook groups and social media posts in general. Most of them are idiots and bots anyway, and Ferrari is just too big. Ferrari still having great years financially, and those who buys Ferrari wouldn't care too much about "Vettel being the victim" saga.

But yeah....agreed. Vettel should not have been in the team this season at all, he's just a big problem, and I've said it last year as well. His ego simply can't handle his current situation. Just pay him off to leave, and let another team, if they are willing to that is, deal with this man-child.

Brawn: Ferrari must manage "awkward" Vettel divorce
    "They are in that period of a divorce where the papers have been served, but the divorce hasn’t gone through. It’s very awkward. He added: "When a driver has been told he is no longer needed, it’s one of the most difficult times for a team. He knows you no longer want him and the cracks appear quickly. It is up to the team to manage it as best they can.

"From my own painful experience, I know drivers in this situation can be a handful."
    https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/5...ettel-divorce/

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post

I agree with Brawn. This divorce is'nt pretty on the surface and the season has'nt ended.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 17th August 2020 at 15:48.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post

It requires capable leadership, and most importantly, a good team principal. I really don't get Binotto tbh, what exactly is he afraid of? He's the team principal of the most successful, popular, and valuable team on the grid. He shouldn't be taking ***** from anyone. He needs to be more ruthless, and defend Ferrari at all cost.

He should have a one-one chat with Vettel and resolve the situation.